Guardian: The anarchist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukas jogged up next to Lily, patting her leg gently. "It's good seeing you again, we honestly lost hope of seeing anyone from home again," he said, sighing. "But, who is that man, and why would he help you find us? How did you even know we were alive?"
Lily rolled her eyes, hushing the older man, then spoke in a low voice. "We are gathering people to help defend the cities. The armies have moved on and left them defenseless. He can explain in further detail, but we need your help." She paused, and looked over at Kieran who had a stern look on his face. "And I didn't know you were alive, I just hoped you were. He's a good man, and we need all the help we can get."
"What the hell do you mean "we?" Kieran asked. "You're not really thinking on going into battle yourself, are you?"
Lily nodded. "What else do I have to do in my life then help rid the world of its evils?"
The two men growled, obviously upset on her choice of that, but she wasn't going to argue, not now. "Hush, be quiet, and lets get out of here before too many things know we're here, okay?"
They eventually reached the road, and from there, she followed the directions of heading south.

After the sun had lowered more he finally got a connection to his mother. "My guardian how are you?" Smiling he sighed "I am well matron coen. It is very different here from our home, I worry about you." Hearing her walk down the hall of their old home onto the the balcony because he could feel the air of the cold planet. "You must remember your task guardian, you are the instrument of their evolution and muastnot worry about us." Being able to feel the explosions in the area outside of his matrons house he teared up slightly. "I should be there with you...to help you and protect you." Her voice warmed slightly "and that is why you cant be, you are the last good guardian in the universe and the last that will ever be born. You will succeed in your mission so that the universe will have a good memory of the guardians and not one of hate. Now go we have taken enough of your time." Bowing his head in sadness "goodbye...mother." The connection was severed and Abraxas stood looking south then he began running back to the southern capital.

It was well after dark when the three arrived at the capitol city. Slowing her horse, she climbed down. She wondered if Abraxas was safe, or if he was waiting for them. She was sure he would find her, right?
"You find a place to stay, the nearest to the gates, okay? I'll wait here awhile more and keep an eye out for Abraxas." The two men nodded, heaving their bags over their shoulders. Lily then set about removing the saddle and bridle from Mortis, who then trotted off to the surrounding wooded areas to graze and rest.
She then stood just a little ways off the road, keeping a wary eye out for Abraxas and danger.

Leaning against a tree Abraxas watched them and once the two gentleman left he waited for her to get comfortable. Beginning to walk up to lily he whispered "you are a terrible watch."

Jumping, she turned around quickly, knife in hand and pointed at his throat. She paused, and seeing who it was, she glared, her cheeks turning red from embarrassment as she put her knife away. "Well, can't all be perfect at anything," she muttered, folding her arms in front of her. "But, I can see I don't have to stitch anything up on you, so I suppose that's something." She felt relieved seeing he came back unharmed, but she could sense sadness. She wanted to ask, it was in her nature to comfort others, even in the dark and trying times, but she kept her mouth shut. "How long have you been waiting for us?"

Shrugging he thought for a moment then uttered "I dunno not to long I suppose how was the journey with the two lads?" Walking over to a river lowering his hood and mask splashing his face in the water.

"It was fine, we didn't run into anything, so that's always good," she said, kneeling down by the river, cupping her hands and splashing water into her face as well, rubbing the dirt from it. "I'm just glad you came back safely."

Turning his head to her Abraxas pondered as to why she would care if he came back. "I'll always find my way back its what I am meant to do." Sitting down running the tips of his fingers through the water due to the fingerless gloves he sighed and said abscently "you know we focus so much on the evil of this world we never stop to notice the beauty of it."

She watched him for a moment, nodding. "Well, if it is what you are meant to do, then I am glad I can be of some help." She smiled faintly, rising to her feet. Taking in a slow deep breath, she closed her eyes. "Yes, I suppose you are right. Maybe someday, there won't be so much evil, and the beauty and good can return." She watched as the water made small ripples around his fingers, the reflection of his face, the sky.
After a moment, she placed her hand on his shoulder, nodding her head back towards the city. "We should probably go, Lukas and Kieran are waiting for us."

Looking down he thought to himself "that day will mean my death." Standing up to face her Abraxas motioned for her to proceed to the lads location "lead the way lily, I have much to bombard them with my information that even you will question."

She smiled, and nodded, turning from their location and heading back into the city. She had told them to get a room someplace close to the gate. And even though there were a few of them, she soon found Lukas standing outside, smoking from his pipe. She hurried through the small crowd of people, looking to see if Abraxas was still near. "Did we get a room?"
Lukas nodded, smiling a nearly toothless grin. "Aye, we did. Kieran is getting food, it's been awhile since we had anything other than stale bread and dried meats and god only knows what else." He paused, looking at Abraxas, then nodded towards him. "Come, let us get inside so you can tell us of your plans."
Lily sent the two of them off for the room so she could get Kieran. He was found with an armful of drink and food. Laughing, she helped him carry his hoard to the room. "Okay, we are all here."

Abraxas turned away from them removing his hood and mask but put a cloth mask on so he could be more comfortable. Turning to the group as they shared a drink with one another he walked up to the table resting his hands on it leaning into it. "Thank you for coming with us gentleman, we have much to do in not enough time but we can get this done I believe." Making a holographic map of the country on the table with his hands "the northern armies will be a good distraction for us in the matter of the war but we need to recruit people to our new group and that's where you two come in. Start here." Highlighting a small town to the east on the map "they are oppressed more than most you will find many brave souls to fight, both men and women alike." Highlighting the great lunar city in the center of the city "lily and I will go to the lunar city to find the black market to find secret organizations that may help. Are there an questions?" Looking up to see and hear the opinions of the three people.

Lukas and Kieran were a bit startled when Abraxas brought up the map, even Lily, but she looked more curious than anything. They listened intently, and when Abraxas was finished, Lukas raised a brow. "Why women, what makes you think they would help?" Being the oldest, he was used to the old ways, women stayed how, men fought.
Lily patted his shoulder. "They might not, but you never know. I am sure some of them have lost loved ones. Either way, we need all the help we can get." She smiled at Lukas, then walked over to Abraxas. "I know this is going to be hard to find people, but bring to light what has been lost over this time. Families, homes, freedom. I trust you two." She then looked to Abraxas, nodding. "When should we leave?" she asked, sitting back down, nibbling on some fruit.

Abraxas stared at Lukas intently "women make for good scouts, speed and stealth. They will prove most useful sir Lukas." Walking to the bed he pulled out a chest from under it opening it with a key, once it was opened he pulled out a blade "Lukas since you are the elder you shall carry this blade it is one of my ancestors and it is always held by a ranking officer in the armies." It looked like a simple handle until he squeezed it and a saw tooth blade extended out at the speed of light. "There is no armor this blade cannot pierce so use it wisely my friend." Handing him the blade Abraxas knelt down and pulled out another but this ones blade was already extended "kieran, I sense that you are brave but your heart can make you feel conflicted in these trying times. Do not wonder for your heart is your best tool to change the world." Handing him the blade he turned to lily "I have already given you your gift a scouts most deadly aspect a blade that renders the screams of your victim unbearable. But we must depart now." He held open his arms and plates of armor from an unknown metal began sliding out from under his light armor. The armor was a haunting pitch black and it covered every inch Of his body and in the seams glowed a blood red light. Spikes made of the metal came out all over the arms and shoulders, the helmet was a mix of metal and bone. "Let's go lily." With that he walked out of the room to the road as it began to snow.

Lukas took the blade with shaking hands, staring in awe at the wonderful piece of equipment. He bowed, thanking Abraxas. "I will, good sir. Do not worry about that."
Kieran, while still in awe of Lukas' gift, turned and looked at the one he was given. His lips twitched in a faint smile as he took the blade. "Thank you, kind sir. We won't let you down."
Lily stood there, smiling. She knew her friends would be in good hands. Then, the three stood watching as the armor plates covered Abraxas. All looked a little, shocked and perhaps scared, but none made a sound after. The two hurried and gathered their things for the journey. Lily nodded at Abraxas, snagging one more bite of food before hugging Lukas and Kieran. "Be safe, we will meet again."
With that, she hurried after Abraxas, falling in step with him once outside, She walked in silence for a few minutes, before looking over at him. "What...... What are you, exactly?" she asked him gingerly. No ordinary human could have summoned up armor the way he did out of nowhere.

walking and grabbing a horse for lily "I am not of the human race I only look like I am." helping her onto the horse he climbed onto his softly petting it whispering something into its ear and when he leaned back up abraxas softly spoke "I am not even from this world, one day we will have a talk to where you will know what I truly am but for now we must journey to the center of the country."

Swinging up onto the horse, she patted it gently. She listened, and as he spoke, she nodded. She had a strange feeling he was different. Not being human though, was a little far fetched, but then again. It made sense. But at his mention of being from another world, she lifted a brow curiously, taking in his last words. She nudged the horse onwards. "I sure hope so. It's hard to trust someone if they hide things, but. Alas, I am not everyone." She smiled faintly, ducking her head against the wind as they rode. She hoped they would get there soon, she hated the snow and the cold.

As they rode Abraxas said "ah yes but lily my trade is to hide ." as they rode the snow stayed at a steady pace so that their journey was one of speed, arriving at the city Abraxas climbed off of his horse walking over helping lily down politely before putting a cloak on over his armor bearing a strange symbol along with the fabric being as black as his armor. "We are here now let's find somewhere to keep warm for the night."

Riding the rest of the way in silence, she was relieved when they arrived. With his help, she climbed off the horse. "Okay, let me get these horses a place for the night as well," she said, taking the reins to his horse and walking through the town, she found a stable.
Paying the man there, and making sure they were taken care of properly, she then hurried off to find Abraxas. Even in the crowded streets, she had a feeling as to where he was. "Did you get us a place?" she asked once finding him.

Walking through the crowd he softly said to her "it would be very unwise for me not to have, this way it isn't far winter has come early so people are in a panic." Pushing through the crowd to get to the tavern Abraxas held the door open for lily. Once they were inside it was very busy with laughter and chatter so it was a challenge to get up front, the matron said "listen big guy I don't want trouble if you want a fight go to the next level of the city." Chuckling at her words Abraxas slid a paper across the counter, grabbing it she opened it beginning to read "ah! I'm sorry from your letters I was expecting someone a bit...smaller? But anyway your room is ready up stairs for you along with a meal for you both." Nodding in response he turned to lily "let us adjourn."

Status
Not open for further replies.