Guardian: The anarchist

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah," she said, looking up through the trees. The sky was getting darker as clouds rolled in. "Well, no harm in starting there. Maybe someone has seen them." After a few moments, she stood back up. "Should we stop and wait for the storm to pass, or push through? " she asked.
Lily would've kept going, despite the dangers. But she didn't know what Abraxas was comfortable with.

Standing up and looking around abraxas Held his hand out "there is only one way we find your friends swiftly in a storm, you will need to ride me." Pausing realizing how he said that abraxas sighed and chuckled. "My apologies for how that must have sounded but I can move faster just point out anything that might symbolize your pals."

She laughed softly, shaking her head. Even in grim times, it amazed her how she still found humor in things. Taking his hand, she stepped closer. "No need to apologize, Abraxas. But hey, if you ever need someone to do that, too," she teased.
Taking in a deep breath, she closed her eyes for a moment. "And yes, if I see anything that might give a sign to where they are, I will let you know. Let's hurry. The quicker we can find them, the quicker we can find others to help."

Surprised by her reaction abraxas stuttered a bit "I..well..anyway siure let's go" picking her up and putting lily on his back he started To run as quickly as possible without hurting her. "We will keep north until we reach the swamps and trail the border."

She couldn't help a small victorious smirk at his surprise. At least she was useful at one thing still. As he picked her up, she wrapped her arms and legs around him, not too tight to hinder his process, but enough to keep her on his back. "Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for anything," she replied, squinting her eyes a little as the wind whipped past her.
She truly hoped her two friends were still alive. They would be very helpful in their fight, and well. They were all she truly had left of her home.

When they reached the swamps he started swiveling through the trees trying to catch any signs of activity besides animal trying his best not to hit a trap.

Upon reaching the swamps, and going for maybe a few more minutes darting between trees and avoiding traps, sink holes, etc, she finally tapped his shoulder. "Hey, stop here." Sliding off his back, she ran up to a tree, running a finger over a crudely carved symbol in the trunk of the tree. "This.... this is the symbol of our village. They might be around here, it's only been a day, two at most since this was done.'
Her nerves tingled, she felt anticipation course through her. She looked around, hoping there might be other signs to their whereabouts.

"Hold still." Putting his hand over the symbol while grabbing her hand abraxas sat with his eyes closed until he got their villages imprint. "We will track them a lot faster now I have their imprint." Starting to run his hand over the found looking like he was following nothing at all he skimmed until his head came up looking north east "this way."

She watched Abraxas, curious as to what he was doing. But, the thought was pushed away when he said it would them track her friends faster.
She readied herself to be on the move again, looking around for any signs. When he spoke again, her head shot up, looking in the direction he was as well. Without a word, she began in that direction again, keeping a steady pace so as not to miss anything, and to be on the look out for trouble.

"They were brave enough to go into the swamp this is rather unwise but we must follow. Whatever it was that pushed them into the swamp must have really worried them." Slowly stepping into the murky waters abraxas grumbled "filth" waving his through the water slowly so as to not bump into anything unpleasant "you can follow or stay I would not blame you."

"Yes, rather unsettling," she said softly, falling in step next to him. Her hands were at the ready, ready to grab a weapon in a split second if needed. She only hoped they hadn't wandered too far into the swamps, but even where they were, danger was lurking everywhere. To keep her mind off everything, she looked over at Abraxas. "So, once we find them, if we do, what is going to be the next plan?" She knew to protect the city, they would need a good deal of men willing to help and stand up to fight. But it also posed another problem of how they would feel fighting with a woman. A lot of men had the stupid notion of alpha in their head, they would probably feel intimidated if a woman fought better.

"when we find them we put them to work on recruiting people and as for fighting with a woman they will not. You will be my left hand, only to fight with me the rest of the people will fight different battles than you and I" wandering further until he stopped smelling the air "we are close."

With a nod of her head, Lily ventured further ahead. Once Abraxas announced they were close, she took a deep breath. It had been at least four years since she last saw them. Would they remember her, would they help? Falling back in step, they soon came to a small clearing. Smoke rose from a circle of rocks and wood, a few red embers glowed in the dim light.
"Kieran..... Lukas?" she called out, feeling her heart race in her chest. Were they still here, were they okay?
A few moments of silence, and then a faint snort came from across where they stood, followed by the silhouetted of a figure riding a very large horse, and another standing next to it. "Who calls our names?" came a rough male voice, scratchy and dry.
Lily smiled, looking at Abraxas. He was right, and had helped her find them. "It's Lily, you twit. Get out here."

Holding his hand out spawning an etheral bow and two arrows he drew them both "go ahead and speak with them I will remain behind and cover you." Crouching under the water with only the bow and his eyes showing he drifted to a tree for more cover.

She nodded, and as he moved for cover, she walked out slowly, her hands up in the air.
A few seconds later, two men came out. One was much older, Lukas, his brown hair streaked with silver, the scruff around his mouth and along his chin was peppered with white and grey. The wrinkles on his face sagged, brought on by the years of war and heart ache. But the bright green eyes were bright, intelligent, kind.
The other was younger, Kieran, around Lily's age perhaps. He had dark red hair that curled around his chin and some stubble. A few scars were on his face, fresh and angry looking.
Both smiled gently, and threw their arms open. "Lilith!" the younger called, running to her and grabbing her tightly.
Lily laughed, tears falling down her face as she hugged them in return. "Come, we need to leave here and get back to town. And there is a friend I would like you all to meet. He helped me find you guys."

Closing his eyes he summoned a false version of himself to greet them. "A pleasure I am sure but it is unsafe in the swamps, if you desire to remain with lilith you must follow me back to town. We have much to discuss I'm sure." With that the false appearance disappeared into the air and Abraxas stepped out of the water waiting for the three to adjourn with him patiently "but I understand a reunion is in place so I will give you three a moment to re-associate."

The three men stared at this false appearance of Abraxas, and while they seemed a little wary, they were more than happy to find safety and get out of the swamps. "Here, Lilith, we kept him safe for you," Lukas said, whistling. The large black horse that was seen earlier came trotting up to them, snorting.
He was tall, roughly 19 hands high at the shoulder (6 foot 3 inches) and each muscle rippled beneath a black silk coat. "Thank you, but as Abraxas said, let us go and we can catch up when we are all safe."
The two men nodded, and grabbed their bags. Lily swung herself up on the horse and walked over to Abraxas, a small smile on her face. "I can't thank you enough for helping me. I know they will be great help for our cause. If there is anything... I could ever do for you." She paused, then patted the empty spot behind her. "You can ride with me at least, Mortis is fast, and you can have a chance to give your feet a rest."

Looking into the swamp he shook his head "we cannot go back the way we came it is to dangerous we stirred up the creatures." Pointing towards the hills that lead to a small road "head that way and when you reach the road head to the south capitol so that we may regroup I have one last errand to run in this area before I can move on." Resting a hand on Lily's leg nodding to her "be swift dear, they will try to follow you."

"Abraxas," she whispered, looking down to him. She didn't want to leave him alone out here. Yes, he seemed quite capable of taking care of himself, but he had helped her without even knowing her. What kind of person would she be if she left him, and something happened?
But, another part of her knew it would useless to argue and waste time. "Be safe, and come back to me in one piece. I'm terrible at stitching," she said with a soft smile. With that, she waved her hand at the other two and headed off in the direction he had pointed.

Shaking his head he told her "well then I guess I should be at least somewhat careful." Making sure they got off safely he ventured to the clearing inspecting where the two lads had been camping out searching through what remained to make sure they were not spies or corrupt to the orcs. Then he sat down and began to pray seeking guidance from his mentor and mother from back home. Hoping that maybe there was something left of his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.