Guardian: The anarchist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking up the stairs making sure she was following Abraxas opened his door motioning her to enter. "Please, we will be safe in here along with nobody hearing us." After lily entered Abraxas shut the door lighting a candle along with putting his hood down. "Make yourself at home my dear."

Upon entering the room, she looked around, squinting her eyes a little, until the candle was lit. With a faint smile and some light, she set her things down near the door, then kicked her boots off, careful not to fling any mud or dirt around. "Cozy little place," she said, unfastening her cloak, folding it and placing it on top of her boots. From there, she walked over to a chair, settling down as she looked back to Abraxas, her head tilted slightly. "So... What are our plans?"

(yeah, all good, just a little scare lol)

Crossing his arms leaned against the wall thinking. "First we need to gather more people to form a proper defense of the city however, everyone is too afraid to fight." Pacing back and forth abraxas grabbed an apple biting into it to help him think.

"Yes, they are, sadly," she agreed, watching him for a moment. She turned her head to look out the window, chewing her bottom lip in thought. How would they find more people to defend this city? Let alone gather enough resources to feed anyone who would help. With a heavy sigh, she got to her feet, mimicking him in his pace, but much slower. "I know of two men who may stand against the forces, if they are still alive. Kieran and Lukas. We grew up together. They're strong and have experience, but it would be a great risk to find them. And a possible waste if they haven't made it this long..."
Closing her eyes, she walked to the window, resting her forehead against the cool glass and thought of any other options. "Who knows, maybe the men who saw you stand up to the Orcs earlier might have a change of heart if they feel there is a chance?" she asked, looking over her shoulder towards him, a half hearted smile on her face.

Walking up next to her resting his hand on her shoulder. "Tell me more about these men you know of, it is always worth a look to find them. If the men in town see me stand to them and wish to fight nothing is stopping them, many people prefer to sit on the side and watch." Staring out the window with a straight look on his face abraxas thought to himself trying to think of something else.

She glanced down at his hand on her shoulder, then returned her gaze out the window. The moon was low, no stars were seen from the clouds that rolled in. Another storm would be on the way it felt. "The last time I saw them, they were heading north from our home. I would assume they aren't too far from here if they stuck close to a city they can still resupply at. And if we did find them, they'd be pretty easy to spot. I gave them my horse that night so they could get away safely. Mortis is an easy horse to spot." She smiled softly, remembering her days riding the stallion.
"As for the men here... Maybe they just haven't been persuaded enough? You know, a woman's touch usually got the job done back home," she said with a stifled laugh, trying to bring her own heavy heart into some light.

Chuckling abraxas murmured "a more polite touch isn't exactly a specialty of mine, perhaps you are right on that part." Walking to his stand opening a book he began writing until the page was full, standing up grabbing some traveling clothes and a cloak. "I will change and then we can begin our hunt."

"Heh, well, then perhaps I may be used to persuade these men, eh?" she offered with a shrug of her shoulders. She watched him for a moment, then nodded at his words. "I'll be ready," she replied, sitting down only for a moment to rub her legs.
Once the stiff muscles relaxed, she pulled her boots back on, then fastened the cloak around her shoulders. Pulling the hood over her head, she tried shoving the crazy tangle of curly red hair under it, but to no avail as a few kept sticking back out around her face. "Maybe I should just cut it," she muttered under her breath, trying one more time before giving up and grabbing her things, making sure her belt was tight, that each knife and dagger was fastened securely so as not to be lost.

"You should at some point, making it shorter will reduce injury chance." Walking up to her he removes Lily's hood looking down at her. "While your hair is very alluring it is also something that can be used against you." Pausing realizing his hipocracy of the words given how long his hair was but it didn't prove in the way or a danger. "If you think it would suit you better then you should cut it."

She nodded, taking note of this. He was right, if it was shorter, it would be less to deal with it, and more than likely easier to keep out of her way. When he removed her hood, though, she looked up to him. She tensed up a little, for some strange reason him being close made her feel... Well, vulnerable, perhaps? She blinked, and nodded. "I see your point, and yes. I shall have to soon, I suppose." She put a smile back on her face, and moved away from him to recheck her belt, her boots, and to make sure she had her things. "Well, I am ready..... Are you?"

Smiling he turned away picking up his favorite weapon hooking it to his hip "there is no reason for you to fear me I mean no harm to you my dear, as for the rest of the world? Well we will see how it plays out." Opening his window dropping a rope down, stepping back holding his arm out to show the way. His mask hiding any expression from the world "lead the way."

"I know you don't, Abraxas," she replied, looking at him. "It wasn't out of fear I stepped away." She didn't know how else to explain it to him, let alone herself. So for the time, she left it at that. She watched as he dropped the rope out the window, smirking. She bowed at him playfully, then took the rope and slid out the window. Adjusting her grip, she quietly made her way down, dropping to the ground. She then waited for Abraxas before continuing.

Once lily reached the ground abraxas jumped out the window landing softly, looking down the alley. "Let's hope we can beat that storm coming, guess the sun didn't last here." Watching the people he waited for lily to lead him.

"Hey, never know, luck might be on our side," she said. It was doubtful, especially with the way the world was anymore, but it was worth a shot hoping, right?
Checking the alley way and seeing no one of any threat, she pulled the hood over her head and turned on her heel, taking off at a dead run. Soon, the wooden walls that served as partial protection for the city came into view.
With a quick glance to make sure no one was near, she jumped up, grabbed a piece of wood that was sticking out, and swung herself up and over, landing on the other side with little sound.

Following her at the pace she was keeping as lily cleared the city wall with great skill and swiftness abraxas leaped over the wall and landed next to her. "Very impressive lily, you have great speed." Standing, looking around he thought how beautiful this forest was before the flooding came, while he loved rain abraxas did not like floods for it destroyed the beauty.

She waved her hand dismissively at the comment, shaking her head a little. She paused for only a moment to look around. She could see the beauty of the forest, but also the destruction. While there was plenty of new growth, she knew this place would never be the same as before. "Just like the rest of us," she thought out loud to herself.
Hearing the faint roar of thunder creeping closer, she moved on again, quickening her pace. She had no idea where they were going exactly, or how they would even find her two companions, if they were still alive. Her only bet was to pray they were smart and stuck close to cities and small towns. "So, Abraxas.... I know these wars having been waging for quite some time. But, I was never once told as to why or how it even started. Do you know?"

"Now that is quite a history story that most believe is myth. You see, the tale goes as that when this world first came to be the gods of the world made their own races such as the different elves, orcs, ogres and then humans were created by an unknown god that is said to rule all others. The others did not like this so they created magic to suppress humans and to rule them. The creator of the humans though desired to show how his creation could adapt and use their magic, live in any condition until the time came he gave his secret weapon to mankind."

"Hmmm... Interesting," she said, mostly to herself.
She kept moving, keeping to the shadows, pausing now and then to listen for any strange noises, or none at all. Either of which could spell disaster if not careful.
She kept this up until she felt her legs ache and burn. "Okay, I honestly can't keep going," she said, feeling a little embarrassed. She was normally great at going long distances on foot. She leaned up against the trunk of a tree, hands on her knees. "Any ideas of where we should be going?" she asked, closing her eyes, focusing on ignoring the burning in her muscles.

Kneeling down next to her abraxas said absently "well if the lads are smart they will be north and preparing for the coming storm." Sitting down he looked up at the sky "no need to be embarrassed that you are sore, we all get that way the important part is knowing when you are tired and when you are done."

Status
Not open for further replies.