Guardian Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.
'A boyfriend is a boy who you're close to...' Grace put on a thinking face for moment.

"Then that means Michael is my boyfriend! Cool, thanks miss Ayla. One more question, may I paint my room?" Grace went back to Michael since Ayla was sleepy and she didn't want to bother her too much.

Reactions: Andy
*~Ayla~*
She nodded at Grace at her next question. "Of course, Grace, its your room, you can do whatever you like with it." Ayla inwardly sighed in relief. She didnt want to dissapoint the little Angel, but she was terribly tired. Her shoulders nearly slumped as Micheal did the excusing for her. She nodded to both of them and retreated to her bedroom. It smelled like stardust and night, even though the fingers of dusk were just creeping their way across the horizon.
She crawled ontop of her bed, watching in wonder as the soft mattress swallowed her small form. Damn... It was so soft. She never slept on something like this before, it felt like the clouds they flew through today.
She sighed, but as tired as she was, she couldnt keep her eyes closed. She drew her knees to her chest and shivered. Her life changed forever, and no matter what she couldnt do anything to reverse it. Her normal life was gone, erased. Obliterated. She was the partner of an Angel.
She reached up and rubbed the little angel wing on her ear cuff, comforted by its size and shape. She blushed when she thought of Micheal. She hoped he couldnt read her mind the way he could her emotions. He would probably think she's creepy for it.
Did he have other Angel friends? Were they even called friends? There were so many questions left unanswered. Who were they up against? How would she protect herself against the equivalent of Satan? Could she really be a worthy partner of God's spawn? Micheal was basically God, only.... well, Micheal. She wrung her hands nervously.
What if she looked like an idiot during training? What if Micheal saw her try and fight and didnt want her as his partner anymore?
Fear started to worm its way inside her mind. No matter how many times Micheal told her to relax, she couldnt. She was terrified. She didnt knwo what to do if she met up with a demon, how to fight it. Could they kill her? If she died, what would happen to Micheal?

She clung to her knees tighter, her chin resting a top them. She sat like this for hours, until the dark completely envoloped the sky, the stars dancing across the black sea of night.

Micheal
Micheal blushed a bit and looked at Grace before he laughed and shook his head "haha no Grace..I'm not your boyfriend..its not the same thing besides I'm more like your father since I created you..I think a boyfriend is more like someone you have special feelings for..something referred to as love in human emotions I believe. And we'll worry about painting your room tomorrow for now lets all get some sleep its been a long day for us all" With that he gently nudged Grace towards her room and turned to watch Ayla go to hers. He went to the one that was his own and laid down on the bed with a soft sigh. It was comfy but not as comfy as the clouds that they used back in heaven. He couldn't wait to go back but first they needed to destroy the demons. To be honest though Angels didn't need sleep and when he was tired or close to that he would go to his crystal. He laid in bed and stared at the ceiling as he thought about the day and how Ayla was adjusting. He could sense her uneasiness and that she was still awake and after a bit longer he got up and walked to her room and gently knocked on the door "Ayla? you still awake?"

*~Ayla~*
The soft rap the door roused Ayla from her wave of thoughts. Damnit, he sensed that too. He couldnt really hide her emotions from him. The only person in the entire universe she couldnt hide from.
"Yeah. Come in."
Her knees were still tucked to her chest, and she was pretty sure her hair was tangled. The moon reflected into her window, turning her hair a dark silver hue.
She had been watching the stars for who knows how long. They seemed to scream sad stories without even saying anything. They danced constantly through the cosmos, telling their stories through a choreography that nobody but themselves could understand, hoping that one day somebody might hear them, to understand the pain of being trapped in a black sea of nothing with only the same sight; stars, and never being able to see the sun. Only the sad face of the moon, who only gave a darker kind of light. She sighed. Maybe the Angels could read the stars, to know their stories, to gather a deeper meaning from them other than winking beads of light strung across the galaxy.

Micheal
Micheal walked inside and shut the door behind him. He slowly walked over to her and gently sat beside her. He let out a small sigh as he sat beside her and then followed her gaze to stare at the stars. He didn't say anything he just sat beside her and closed his eyes as he let the light of the moon and the stars wash over him. Contrary to belief the moon actually gave Angels more power if they needed it. The sun didn't weaken them it was just that the moon gave off a special light that Angels used to make themselves more powerful when they needed to do so. He opened his eyes and glanced at her and then looked back at the stars he would let her speak first since he knew that she was the one that was troubled he wanted to help her but he wanted to be sure that she wanted his help first.​

Grace didn't want to go the bed, but she was too sleepy to argue. Having lived in the world of humans since 'birth', Grace had picked up habits subconsciously, such as feeling the need to sleep.

"Okay, night night Micheal." With that she went to her new room. Grace was delighted to see it had a window near one of the trees. She went and opened the window and grew some flowers around the room to make it feel more comfortable for herself. Normally when Grace wasn't with Micheal she would sleep outside in a tree or a field of grass. After making the room more comfy, Grace crawled into bed and fell asleep.

Ayla tried to come up with something coherent to say to him. Her eyes were glued to the billions of stars that stretched out like a map before her. It was confusing, and it seemed to lead her on but with no clear goal.
"Micheal.. Do you ever what the stars would say if they could talk? Do you image the things they've seen? Witness? Been through?"
She wondered if they were trapped in the night sky, begging to be set free, to roam the earth. To see the sun shine. To not orbit the earth and watch humans sleep the night away, ignoring the cries of the stars.
She turned to Micheal, her eyes full of fear. What had she done? She rode into this like a bat out of hell. She had no idea what to do. Even before her change of life, she had nobody but her orphans, and she couldnt allow them to comfort her when she needed it. She felt the burn of tears behind her eyes, and this time she did nothing to stop them.
"By the Gods, Micheal, what do I do?"

• Love
Micheal
Micheal listened to her questions without saying a word. He waited patiently for her to finish and even then he didn't look at her right away nor did he answer. He just continued to stare at the stars for a few moments. He then smiled and closed his eyes and leaned back on his hands "..the stars..are Angels Ayla..they're Angels that have died. When an Angel dies their life energy..their spirit becomes a burning light in the sky and floats high above the earth to continue to give their power and support to humans and angels alike. It is said that God has the power to summon the spirits of those fallen angels to him to use in times of great need. I have no idea if those words hold any truth to them however out of all the years I served God he never not once summoned the spirits of those fallen angels and to be honest I'm not sure if I can do it either. The stars are the memories of that fallen angel and each one is sacred to us some of my best friends are those stars up there and I know for a fact that God is one of them as well even if I don't know which one exactly." He smiles a bit and then looks at her. He gently reaches over and wipes the tears from her face "Ayla..you just need to believe in yourself and believe in me you don't have to carry this burden alone you have me, you have Grace and you have all the other Angels and their humans by your side. If you want to see the orphans you can..there is no reason that you can't continue to look after them and spend time with them. My crystal wouldn't have chosen you if it didn't believe that there was something special about you. You have the strength and the courage inside you to fight against this evil. To give hope to those who need it and give a future to the orphans that you love so dearly. Trust me Ayla..I'll be with you ever step of the way your not alone just put your faith in me"

She looked at him, tears blurring her vision. Could she really do this? Could she really protect herself, as well as him? She had his crystal, and if anything were to happen to it, he would die. She would be responsible for the death of the Lord of the Angels.
She closed her eyes and sighed. She turned back torward the window, to where the stars were making their way across the black sea. It must be horrible, a fallen angel. To be condemned to the sky. To always be within sight, but never within earshot. Never to listened to.
She slumped over, her head landing next to Micheal. She sighed.
"How can you put so much faith into somebody you just met." It was more of a statement, but not quite sure for him or herself. She hadnt meant to, but her eyes snapped closed, and she fell asleep next to the Angel that was now her partner, the one they both had to protect in order to survive what lay ahead.

Micheal
Micheal looked down at the young girl and smiled a bit. He had sensed what she felt about the fallen angels and shook his head. She must have misunderstood him. The angels that die aren't forgotten or gone they are used as a reminder. a reminder of their knowledge and that no matter how dark things might be there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. He gently picked her up and placed her underneath the covers and rested her head on her pillow he gently brushed her hair out of her face and then smiled again "because you have a good heart..and I can see it" He smiles and then pats her arm gently and walks out and goes back to his own room​

Natsu
As Natsu led Chandra through the halls of his mansion he felt a new presence coming his way. This caused him to give a slight pause in his step before he continued on his way. Who was approaching his home?. By the energy he could tell it was a demon or at least something that was aligned with the demons but who he could not tell who exactly it was. He looked over his shoulder at Chandra and narrowed his eyes. No..it couldn't be her trying to betray him she didn't even know about him until a few moments ago. Kysindra maybe? no not likely not after he promised to make her his queen. Alojz and Jyar while they caused lots of trouble would never defy him and question his rule except for matters on Kysindra becoming his queen. He growled in annoyance and shot a mental message to the entity that was coming his way. When it reached close enough the message would pierce its mind and allow it to hear him clearly "Who are you? and what are you searching for? You are trespassing on my land I am the Lord of Demons Natsu! and I will not let anyone try to steal anything from me!"

@Ace23

Narina
A message from Natsu entered her thoughts and she stopped mid flight, hovering in the air. She didn't want him to think she was there for anything other than the reason she searched for him. She closed her eyes and listened carefully before responding. She took a moment to figure out how to word what she wanted before saying anything back. "My name is Narina, i do not mean any offense, nor do i wish to take anything from you." she began. "I seek you out in hopes that you will accept me and allow me to swear my loyalty to you, Lord Natsu." She tried to be as polite as she could, hoping he would believe her and not think that she was lying or trying to deceive him in any way. "i have been on the sidelines of the war, but with so many of us being killed i can no longer do so. I only wish to do what needs to be done in order to take out the Angels." she explained, then waited patiently for his response. She stayed where she was, not wanting to go any further and risk setting him off by approaching without his approval of her presence.

Natsu
Natsu listened in silence as the demon Narina explained herself to him. yes..he remembered a demon by that name that refused to fight beside his and Satan's side to begin with. But now that she wanted to join the battle against the angels he couldn't refuse her. The issue was whether or not he could completely trust her. He knew little about her but then again if needed he could always use his powers to bend her to his will. He grinned and nodded once and sent a message back to her "well well well Narina...its about time you wished to join us...come to my home and we will discuss more then I'll await your arrival eagerly"

Narina
She nodded as he told her to go to him. Flying toward him once more, she hurried along. She didn't want to keep him waiting. As she approached him home she slowed down, then landed by the door. Her wings folded up against her back and she gave a light knock on the door, not wanting to enter without permission. She waited, a little nervous. She wanted him to accept her, hoped he wouldn't suspect her of anything she had no intention of doing. Natsu was probably the only one who could make her feel so nervous. She wasn't afraid of anyone or anything else, and had quite the temper herself. She would need to keep it under control to avoid getting herself into trouble, and it may prove difficult. "i'm here, Lord Natsu." she was only addressing him as Lord Natsu out of respect, and since she was most likely not on his good side, yet.

Anael

Anael sat on a bench in the park watching the children play. She hid herself so that no one would see her. Their laughter brought her sweet happiness. Children knew love from the moment they were born. Sometimes, they would grow out of love and romance. She imagined that these children would one day continue to love their families, friends or even a mate that they chose. Her ice colored eyes twinkled with the thought. She watched as the children ran off to be with their parents. One child, though did not seem to be able to find his parents. He seemed lost.

That is when she spotted him, Jason. She had been keeping an eye on him for a while. She stood with a gentle smile to watch the child look at the young man. This was the one, she thought. This was the Human she would contract with. Well, just to be sure, she would want to speak to Michael, first. She closed her eyes to focus on opening a channel to her leader. With a soft breeze and gentle whisper, she spoke. "Michael, I think I found my Human. How would you like me to proceed?"

Micheal
Micheal heard Anael call out to him and listened to her message silently and smiled. It was about time he had heard from her again he had been getting worried. She saw him as an older brother and he saw her as a younger sister so they were already really close. "alright Anael I hope you have do whatever you have to do other then threaten or hurt him obviously good luck"
Natsu
The door opened slowly to allow Narina to enter. Natsu grinned a bit as he felt her power nearby. Yes she would make an excellent addition to his forces and maybe just maybe she was the one that they needed to tip the scales in their favor. Only time would tell though. "Enter Narina..but be warned I have another guest here so don't do anything to embarrass me or yourself"
Jason
Jason had been walking through the park that day as he did every day around this time. It was just a routine he had created for himself as he tried to avoid thinking about his parents. Often he would stop to play a game with the little kids or watch over them if their parents asked him to. He didn't mind he was glad to help them and in the back of his mind he hoped for kids of his own one day. However he also didn't want kids. Because to have them that would involve getting close to someone, falling in love and risk losing them too. He didn't want to feel that pain any more. He stopped when he saw a young boy crying in the middle of the park. "Must be lost.." he said to himself. He walked over to the boy and knelt down beside him and gave him a kind smile "hey there bud..you lost? can't find your parents?" The boy looked at him and shook his head. Jason smiled a bit and then gently picked the boy up and put him on his shoulders "Can you see them now?" The boy looked around and then nodded and started pointing "over there? alright lets go" Jason carefully set the boy back down and walked with him over to his parents. Once they were in sight the boy ran to his parents and hugged them tightly. Jason smiled at the scene and then turned and walked away. "he'll be ok now..he's back with his parents.."

Anael

She heard Michael, very happy to hear his voice. She smiled softly and whispered her reply, "You are very silly, Michael. All this time of not hearing from you, and all I get is a 'don't hurt him' and good luck? I hope we can find some time soon to catch up a bit. I better go now. Take care." With that, she closed the link.

She watched as Jason helped the boy. She couldn't help but feel his pain. He was afraid of love. She would help him welcome love again. That is if he would have her. For a little while. She walked beside him without being seen. She was a bit apprehensive in showing herself to other Humans. So, she waited until they were walking in a place away from people. She smiled as she whispered to him gently, "Jason."

Micheal
Micheal chuckled and nodded a bit "hey what can I say? your like a sister to me so I'm giving you brotherly advice and I know you wouldn't have it any other way. haha but yes your right we need to catch up soon. Good luck" He felt her close the link and smiled. He wished her the best and hoped that finally she had found the one that she had been searching for all this time.
Jason
Jason walked away with his hands in his pockets as he went deep into thought. He couldn't help but think about his parents and grandparents and what they would think of his life now. Would they feel sorry for him? happy? angry? He didn't know and that was one of the things that hurt most. He couldn't get closer to anyone. Ever again. He couldn't take the loss of another person that he had loved. He was going to go towards his favorite cafe and get a small bite to eat but then he heard someone say his name. He stopped midstep and looked around slowly and seeing no one there he frowned "what the...who's there? hello?"

Narina
She hesitated for just a moment before walking inside. How would i embarrass myself? she wondered. She wasn't a child and took slight offense to basically being told to behave. "yes, Natsu" she hadn't put lord in front of his name this time, because of annoyance she didn't think anything of it. She walked in the door that had opened for her and closed it behind her. She stood in the entrance and waited for Natsu to come to her unless he told her otherwise.

Anael

She smiled as she heard Michael before the link closed. He always was there for her when she needed him most. It was wonderful that she was able to call him brother, and to love him as one, too. Now, she had to keep her focus on Jason.

After glancing around once more to make sure no one was around, she materialized in front of him. Soft large snowflakes whirled around her as she made herself known. The snowflakes floated softly to the ground, melting as soon as they touched the earth. Her ice colored eyes focused on him. She held her hands out to her sides, palms facing Jason. Her smile was gentle. "Please, Jason do not be afraid. My name is Anael. I am here to help you. Please, visit with me for a little while?" Her voice was very soft, a bit more than a whisper but gentle. The snowflakes stopped falling but there was still a cold breeze around her. It wasn't a bitter cold, even the breeze seemed gentle.

Status
Not open for further replies.