Guardian Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.
*~Ayla~*
Ayla screamed , her chair tipping backwards as Micheal's wings snapped from his back, momentarly blinding her. Her body started to tremble, her hand coming up to cover her mouth.
"W-what the hell...?"
Ayla couldnt stop staring. An Angel. THE Angel, standing in her shack of her home, asking for her help. Was he crazy? What could she do to help the greater good of hUMANITY? This wasnt like saving a kitten from a tree.
She swallowed, digging her nails into her palms until little red crecents appeared across her hand. She stood slowly, keeping her back against the cold of the far wall.
"My God. IF you had spouted this to me without those wings I would probably count you crazy. Micheal... If you hadnt noticed, I have nothing more than a shabby roof and the clothes on my back." The bun that held her wild her came undone, her midnight curls falling down her back, bouncing delicately at her waist.
"I think... You have the wrong person. There is nothing I can do to help you. How can I human, let alone me, help you save all these people? I believe you, about lives being lost, and it breaks my heart, but I dont think there is much I can do to help you..."
She trailed off, the radiance coming off of his wings drew her attention once more, her mind all but fuzz, her body trembling. She felt vunerable, weak, a kitten compared to a bulldog. And she just questioned an Angel. What kind of hell would he put her through if she refused? Her curiosity turned to fear, and the familiar hot prick of tears burned her eyes.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Andy
Micheal
Micheal only smiled kindly at her and slowly walked over to her and gently took her hands in his. He closed his eyes and instantly her cuts healed. he wasn't a healer but small things like that he could manage. He gently let her hands go and set one of his hands on her shoulder as he looked into her eyes. He held out his blue crystal in his other hand and showed it to her "Because of this Ayla..this is my crystal..in a way its my soul it led me to you..it believes you have the strength, and a pure heart and soul to help me and the others in our fight against the demons. Your not alone in this..other humans have joined our cause as well and they are fighting to help us..each of the angels that are left has a human that they have sworn to protect against all odds. Due to this bond we share our powers with each other and we are able to fight against the demons together..you won't be alone you'll have the other humans and angels to back you up as well as me. I won't lie..the demons also have humans too. Humans with corrupted hearts and weak minds that will do whatever they want to obtain power and if that happens..the world will end..and the children you look after they won't survive..none of us will that is what we are fighting for Ayla. You have a hidden strength in you and I'll help you find it. I'll be with you every step of the way. Trust me Ayla. I wouldn't be here if what I was saying wasn't true"

Grace gave a smile to the woman while unfolding her wings.

"Micheal saids that its normal for humans to 'freak out' when they hear things like this, I don't get it tho. Don't worry miss, Micheal and you with the help of the others well beat the demons and everyone well be safe. I'll help too, even if I don't find my partner." Grace's smile got bigger at the thought of everyone being together, she haven't met them before or only briefly when she was first made. There was a sweet smell in the air, like. . . . COOKIES!

"Miss are there cookies? May I have one? Please."

*~Ayla~*
Ayla's breathing was beginning to turn rapid. What could she do? She nearly blacked out when Micheal took her hands, the sudden flow of warmth and energy pulsing through her body like a new, beating heart. her legs wobbled terribly. She didnt think she could walk even if she wanted to, but she refused to let the Angels see. She swallowed the lump in her throat.
"Micheal... What happens now? Say I agree to become part of this... Alliance... But will it hurt? Will I need to change?"
Her heart jumped as he said the orphans wouldnt survive if she didnt do this. The thought of those little hearts, still in their chests, the life-clock trapped around a cage of bone and flesh with nothing to animate. She nearly choked on the thought and shook her head to rid herself of the image.
Grace surprised her with this question. With a tense nod she gestured it was okay... I guess Angels did indulge in human sweets?
Her eyes wouldnt move from Micheal's. She was rooted to the spot, and couldnt even move if she had wanted to. Everything was moving in slow motion, and Ayla had a horrible feeling in th pit of her gut that her life would change here and now, and nothing would ever be the same in her simple, textured little life.

Micheal
Micheal smiled again and shook his head "you either take the crystal..and you join us or you don't and we leave. All memories of our encounter will be erased from your mind and you'll go back to doing what you did like this never happened." He was only partly telling the truth. While her memories would be taken away he wouldn't leave her alone he would come back and go through the same process and try to convince her in a different way and he would continue to do so until she agreed or until the crystal he carried chose someone else. "to answer your second question no. You don't need to change at all nothing will happen to you physically. You will become stronger, faster and smarter but that's all. You won't grow wings or turn into an angel or anything you'll still be regular human being. However I will tell you if you agree to this we will need to train together so you can learn to wield my abilities and the power that comes with them I'll explain that later. Only if you accept though. The choice is yours to make Ayla I won't force you to do this and neither will anyone else"

*~Ayla~*
Ayla wrung her hands and bit her lip, so hard that the taste of copper filled her mouth. The angel's wings took up her entire house, their brilliant white tips brushing her roof.
She swallowed, curling her toes in her worn out sneakers, watching a radiance flow from their wings.
For a split second she envied the Angels. What would it be like, to float into the sky, to see a whole new world? To melt into the creamy blue sky, until the clean air fills your lungs, your bones, until you ARE one with the sky, nothing but one of the fluffy clouds? She wished desprately to feel the wind tug at the dark blue strands of her hair.
She looked back at Micheal, a small smile tugging its way across oneside of her mouth.
"What do I have to do...?"

Micheal
He gives her another kind smile and glances down at the crystal "all you need to do is take the crystal and promise to never let it fall into the wrong hands because this is my life..if the crystal is destroyed I die. If my physical form is destroyed I will simply return to the crystal until I am healed." he offers her the crystal again and smiles more at her "if you take the crystal your life won't ever be the same again..and any children you might have in the future will be bound to our contract until your bloodline ends. That is the only price of joining us."

*~Ayla~*
Ayla looked at the angel in utter disbelief. An Angel's life, in her hands? He must be crazy. She was only a girl, young and clumsy, what if she accidentally dropped the damned thing? What if it....? HEr mind throbbed with all the possibilities, thinking of the man in front of her, his life trapped inside crystalized rock, a rock she would hold in her hand.
She shifted her weight from foot to foot. The marble of her life was balancing between change and normalcly. What could she do? She couldnt allow the sweet children sshe knew and loved to die.
She turned her ice blue gaze onto Micheal, holding back the tears that threatened to spill.
"O-Okay. I'll do it. As long as nobody will be hurt in the end..."
She took the crystal from his hand, surprised by how warm it felt. Ayla jumped and blushed furiously as their hands brushed, a whisper of skin against his, heating up her cheeks.
"What do you mean by... 'The wrong hands'?"

Micheal
Micheal smiled again and nodded a bit "I promise..as long as we work together no one will be hurt unless they're working for the demons. If that's the case then there is little we can do to help them. Once a deal with a demon is made the soul of the mortal is lost forever doomed to be sent to the pits of hell." He smiled as she took the crystal and his eyes and the crystal flashing at the same time as the contract was made. He hardly noticed her hand brushing against his but he did notice her blush. He was about to comment on that when she asked her next question. He shrugged and then looked at the crystal "anyone who might use it to hurt me or anyone else especially a demon..I recommend you keep it on you at all times it has the power to change its shape into any kind of jewelry that you want whether it be a ring, an earring or whatever it will change shape to match whatever you like. When I'm not needed I'll go into the crystal to sleep but you can always contact me by just thinking about me or saying my name and I'll come to your aid."

*~Ayla~*
Ayla shut her eyes, and a single thought ran through her mind. The crystal reformed like soft clay into an ear cuff with a single silver wing dangling from the end of it. The jewel ws imbedded into the cuff, shining the deep cerulean blue of its natural color.
"What... What happens now...?" She looked at her clothes, around her house, at Grace, then back at Micheal.
"Do I need to move? Do I have to wear something specific...?"
This was becoming confusing. She didnt feel anything different, except that the angel in front of her seemed a part of her, the silver ear cuff in her hand shining a white radiance. She didnt take her eyes off of him, her blush still burning across her cheeks.
She reached up, and placed the ornate ear cuff across her left ear. A strange energy pulsed through her body for a split second before dissapating.
"Micheal... What do I have to do now?"

Micheal
Micheal chuckled at her questions and shook his head he gently set his hands on her shoulders and gave them a soft squeeze "you can start with trying to relax Ayla..your going to be ok there's nothing to be nervous about. Now to answer your questions you try to continue your life like normal, make your cookies, raise the orphans do whatever you want to do. You don't have to do or change anything that you are or what you do unless you want to. I do have a place that belonged to my previous partner..she died unfortunately and she left me the place in her will which..was kinda strange but anyways if you want to move there you can but that is completely up to you. Just do whatever feels natural for you. When the time comes we need to fight I'll let you know and we'll go do what we have to do. I would suggest that we get some practice in however since using my powers can be a bit..overwhelming at times and previous partners have been known to accidentally fire off bolts of lightning. And to answer your next question yes I can control lightning and electricity each angel and demon has control over one element mine being lightning allows you some slight uses to that power. Which means if you wanted to you could control or summon lightning to a small extent."

*~Ayla~*
She tensed slighty at his touch, making her whole body heat up in response. She blushed furiously, trying to slow her breathing down.
"If enemies are going to be here after you and I, then we cant be here, Micheal. Putting all these poor people in danger... I couldnt live with myself. As much as I feel horrible for asking, but can we go somewhere else?"
She wrung her hands, the cuff on her ear unfamiliar as she turned her head, the heavy weight of the metal angel wing hittng against her ear lobe. Her pulse quickened as he explained the part about training.
"Lightning? What if I accidentally kill someone?!" She jumped, her foot catching on an upturned floorboard and falling against his chest.
She squeaked and pushed back, nearly trippng over a chair.
"O-On second thought let me just go get my personal things and then we can go...!" She turned and hurried off, trying to hide the fact that her entire body was like a torch, filled with embarassment.

Micheal
Micheal smiled a bit and looked at her. He nodded once in response to her question "yes..we can go to my old partners house I've kept it in good condition and it should be safe from unwanted eyes you could even bring the orphans there if you wished." He then chuckled and shook his head and gave her another kind smile "don't worry about it my lightning can't hurt anyone unless they are truly evil or have evil intent so you could blast Grace here with one of my lightning bolts and it wouldn't hurt her in the slightest if anything it would either just go straight through her like a ghost or it would disappear entirely" When she fell forward he bent down and gently caught her in his arms. "whoa..you ok Ayla?" When she walked off her only smiled and put his hands in his pockets and gave a small nod "alright then we can head out whenever you are ready"

*~Ayla~*
Ayla hurried around the small room, busying herself with everything but looking at Micheal. He must think she's an idiot now. This sucks. Her first hour with an angel and she already looks like a clumsy fool.
Shaking her head, once more noticing the unfamiliar weight on her left ear, she pulled out the only travel bag she owned. It was small and torn, and had a heart embroidered on the front. She's had it since she was a little girl, always carrying her stuffed animals in it.
Her old life seemed so far now, even though her new one hasnt even started. The world was bigger, filled with angels and demons and a growing war.
Clearing her head, she filled her bag with the few things she held of value; an old t-shirt, a pair of faded black jeans, and a white hair ribbon used to tie up her hair. The bag looked small and meager, but it was everything she owned, practically.
She walked back torward Micheal, her head down, dark blue waves of hair falling around her face, obscuring her expression.
"L-Lets go, then... How far is it from here..? I dont really have a car..."

Micheal
Micheal smiles at her as he watches her pack to go. She was a little self conscious but it was something that could be worked on. he didn't care about her background or what she had now what he cared about is that she had done everything she could to make other lives better even though hers wasn't the best. That was why the crystal had chosen her and that's why he believed in her. He gently placed a hand on her back and led her out of the small house she had called home for who knows how long. Once they stepped outside he picked her up princess style and smiled at her "we fly of course it'll only take us a few minutes that way" With that he stretched his wings out as far as he could behind him and with a few strong flaps jumped high into the sky and they were off.​

Seeing a contract being formed had made Grace feel happy and a bit jealous at the same time. How much longer would it be till she ment her partner? Waiting for the right person was difficult, but Michael said it was worth it.

"Congrats you two, I just know you'll do great miss." Stood up to grab a cookie. For some odd reason the lady was acting weird, what was wrong? When the girl ran to her room, Grace wanted to ask Micheal but the girl came back and it was time to go. She would ask later, Grace stayed back for a minute to look at her crystal. She couldn't wait till the day it would glow like Micheal's. With that she took off after Micheal and his partner.

Last edited:
*~Ayla~*
Ayla squeaked in her throat as Micheal literally swept her off of her feet. She blushed and out of instinct, wrapped her arms around his neck.
God, he wasnt serious, was he? They werent actually-
God, he was. His body tensed, and they were gone. The muscles in back flexed and relaxed, controlling the powerful wings attatched to him.
The wind whipped wildly at her hair, tugging sensually, moving like waves. It slid over her skin and across her face. She felt his hearbeat through his chest, strong and beatnig, as it carried her across the sky.
Looking over her shoulder, she watched the small house she knew so well grow smaller and smaller, like the normal life she woke up to just this morning. She would probably never see this house again, never see those orphans again. Maybe that was a good thing.
She clung to Micheal as they flew. She was worried this was a trap. That he would drop her thousands of miles from the grouns and laugh as she broke all the bones in her body.
She pressed her forehead against his chest, and waited and fel into the ryhtmic beat of his wings that matched the powerful beating of his heart.

Micheal
Micheal looked down at her as she wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled a bit. If she didn't appear so nervous he might have had a bit of fun with her and flew as fast as he could and done a couple of dives and loops. However he could feel her nervousness and maybe fear through their bond and was just doing what he could to relax her. He flew at a slow speed it was more like a glide then really flying except for the occasional flap in his wings. He looked down at her and smiled again and gave her a slight squeeze "Ayla..open your eyes..trust me it'll be ok I won't drop you. Look around its amazing to be up this high"

*~Ayla~*
Her body was still trembling, her hair slapping her face as she clung for dear life against Micheal's chest. She could barely hear him against the howling wind in her ears, but she heard.
She peeled her face away from the curve of his neck, her eyes still pinched shut completely. She bit her lip as she pried them open, the wind full force in face.
The sky stretched for miles. Endless blue against multitudes of colors. There seemed to be no point where it ended. She sat up straighter, causing her to nearly lose her grip on his neck. Her stomach leaped in her throat. She curled back up tighter against him, pinching her eyes shut again.
"God... This is amazing and terrifying at the same time!" She muttered under her breath, unsure if Micheal could actually hear her over the howling wind. Her fingers were laced around his neck, and she was pretty sure she was going to leave marks on the back of his neck, her grip was so tight.
It was almost as if she could feel the distance between her and the ground below. The ribbons of wind and light that threaded through the space below her, as if they could bind a net if she were to fall, transporting her safely to the ground without smashing her body to pieces.
The ear cuff against her head thrashed around, suddenly comforting miles away from the ground. It was as if Micheal himself was made of light and air, bouncing across the sky on paper-thin wings. She looked over at the brilliant feathers behind him, wanting desperately to feel their lush silk, let the feathers thread through her fingers, their soft threads.
She blushed at the thought. God, she only just met him... What would he think of her if he knew what she thought about him? She closed her eyes, not so harshly this time, and allowed the tendrils of wind to wrap around her, to feel the warmth of Micheal's arms around her body.

• Love
Micheal
Micheal looked down at her and smiled a bit. He held her tightly and carefully making sure not to squeeze her too tight but tight enough so she would know he had a strong hold on her and that she would be ok. Through their bond he could feel a different sense of emotions welling up within her but he couldn't quite figure out what they were. Human emotions were more confusing to understand for an Angel. Mostly because to Micheal humans were too wishy washy they couldn't make up their minds or tell what they were feeling but he supposed that's where the phrase "We're only human" comes from. He winced slightly as she dug her nails into the back of his neck. He'd have a few marks there but nothing too serious and they would heal up in a matter of minutes after she let go. He looked down at the ear cuff and smiled it was an interesting choice. Most people had chosen either a necklace or a bracelet not many turned the crystal into an earring or a ring so it was always interesting to see what form his crystal would take. He soon saw the house come in to sight and gently angled them so he could fit through the open window and with great ease he flew right through the window, landed and set her down. It was a simple house but not as simple as hers had been. It was a white house with black shingles and a deck out front. On the inside it had a newly refurbished kitchen with marble counters and wood cub boards. the wall was cut down between the kitchen and living room giving easier access to the living room from the kitchen. The floor was made from wood on the first floor (kitchen and living room) the rest was all carpeted. the upstairs had three bedrooms and a bathroom and the basement was another larger living area with a second bathroom. "Welcome to your new home Ayla

Status
Not open for further replies.