Golden City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so it has been awfully silent here (was so already before, but now even more so??)

In any case. Can I get an update on who is still interested there? I know that I won't start it for a while, which definitely can cause some to lose interest, but how is your patience going?

And for these who are still finishing up their skeletons. How is it going at your side?

However, that I haven't started the role play yet doesn't mean that you can't come forward with plans for the story! If you have any, please do share them! We can discuss them and hopefully hype up the rest.

As for my ideas for the first chapter; I had the idea of it being an introductory chapter, where all of the characters get to show themselves and maybe even show off their skills. The idea was that the Game Master (me) invites the members to their 'game', but hasn't told them about who they work together with. The first mission is thus; find/gather/meet the rest of the members (I can provide hints and etc...). This can be really mundane with everyone just going 'hi' at each other. However, I had the idea that some of the players would start off in jail, or something, having been caught the day before and thus needing a jailbreak. Whether they do so with the help of their lovely partners, or by themselves (but I prefer the first) is something we can discuss.

So that's what I had in mind for the first chapter/mission of the role play. Maybe that you guys have more to spice it all up? What did you have in mind to show off your character a little, which doesn't necessarily have to go into chapter 1.

Everything sounds good to me. I like the way you're thinking and I'm excited for this to get started. I'm also eagerly awaiting the future skeletons of @Wicked and @Tyrannosaurus Rekt :D Maybe then I'll have some ideas. Until then what you have seems good. Though I don't think Penelope would've been in jail ;n_n

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
I'm still interested of course. For the introductory chapter, I'm just afraid it won't build the necessary momentum for the RP to take off. Personally, I would start off with something the characters can interact with the environment or the other players to keep interest. But there isn't anything necessarily wrong with starting off with some flair too.

Hey, so it has been awfully silent here (was so already before, but now even more so??)

In any case. Can I get an update on who is still interested there? I know that I won't start it for a while, which definitely can cause some to lose interest, but how is your patience going?

And for these who are still finishing up their skeletons. How is it going at your side?

However, that I haven't started the role play yet doesn't mean that you can't come forward with plans for the story! If you have any, please do share them! We can discuss them and hopefully hype up the rest.

As for my ideas for the first chapter; I had the idea of it being an introductory chapter, where all of the characters get to show themselves and maybe even show off their skills. The idea was that the Game Master (me) invites the members to their 'game', but hasn't told them about who they work together with. The first mission is thus; find/gather/meet the rest of the members (I can provide hints and etc...). This can be really mundane with everyone just going 'hi' at each other. However, I had the idea that some of the players would start off in jail, or something, having been caught the day before and thus needing a jailbreak. Whether they do so with the help of their lovely partners, or by themselves (but I prefer the first) is something we can discuss.

So that's what I had in mind for the first chapter/mission of the role play. Maybe that you guys have more to spice it all up? What did you have in mind to show off your character a little, which doesn't necessarily have to go into chapter 1.

I have not posted my skeleton yet since you decided to delay the start date. It has given me a lot of time to fine-tune my vision for who my character is. Therefore, I'd personally love the chance to write a "prolouge" where I can describe a day in her life before she is contacted by the Game Master. That way, those people like me who are very interested (and who don't want to wait 2 weeks to start writing) have a productive outlet.

• Thank You
I have not posted my skeleton yet since you decided to delay the start date. It has given me a lot of time to fine-tune my vision for who my character is. Therefore, I'd personally love the chance to write a "prolouge" where I can describe a day in her life before she is contacted by the Game Master. That way, those people like me who are very interested (and who don't want to wait 2 weeks to start writing) have a productive outlet.
I like your enthusiasm! You can do that and post it here in the ooc, if you want. c:

An idea I got (and stole) from @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, I can also post prompts/scenarios in here for everyone to write out? That way they can get in touch with their characters and all. Of course you are also more than welcome to challenge yourself, and others, by posting up your own prompts and the likes.

I'm really sorry for the 2 weeks wait. Dx Truly, and I'm very, very grateful for all of your enthusiasm to stick around and wait for me.

Eyyyyy!

So I finished my good ol' pal Jazz (a recycled character that is probably like seven years old now or something) and I was wondering if the people with accepted characters were interested in making relationships with my son? (Note: I was accepted already, so I'm in the gang.)

Don't worry, he's not that bad... He's pretty chill overall. A bit unstable here and there, but if you're on his good side, he won't give you a Chelsea Smile. Probably.

For @Misaou I was wondering if we could strike up Jazz being a customer to Penny? Like they would know each others "in civil" but not know either of them are the infamous criminals. He needs a source for his drugs because he's an user and let's face it, getting your hands into some Underground should be pretty damn rare chance. Not to mention how lots of that is probably just fraud shit that gets you killed. Jazz wants his stuff clean for safe trips and happy landing.

@Stuffies12 I have few potential ideas, but before I start proposing anything and throwing rings and vows at you, I'd rather ask you how you feel about Jazz overall. I'm good with positive and negative relationships, and I have one pretty exciting one in my mind for a negative one. Though if you prefer to get on Jazz's good side instead, I'm up for that too. Something like business partners, if your guy is interested in selling forward stolen goods. Jazz is also the type of a thief that you can hire to do a job if needed. You pay him good money and he'll get you the thing you want, anywhere you want. But then again, he just might end up keeping it for himself instead...

Regarding everyone else, hurry up guys and get your skeletons done! I want to plot with y'all! (I don't plot with people who haven't gotten their characters accepted. I don't like to waste my time.) I've skimmed few skeletons and I can see few good ones on their way and I'm excited about those. Can't wait to get more Undergrounders so I can make probably more personal relationships.

• Thank You
For @Misaou I was wondering if we could strike up Jazz being a customer to Penny? Like they would know each others "in civil" but not know either of them are the infamous criminals. He needs a source for his drugs because he's an user and let's face it, getting your hands into some Underground should be pretty damn rare chance. Not to mention how lots of that is probably just fraud shit that gets you killed. Jazz wants his stuff clean for safe trips and happy landing.
Sounds good for me. She can make it happen. Though Penny only handles her drugs sales like this as the Scorpion, not as her 'civil' self. Unless Jazz was her patient then I don't know how he would get his drugs from Penny as her 'civil' self. And yes, the other imitations of 'the medicine' out there are probably pretty harmful. Penny's is about as safe as a fake one can get. But her's is a hell of a lot safer than some other people. She took the time to study the original after all. So yeah going to her is a good idea.

EDIT: Also if this is approved by @WishfulNemo then Penny can hook Jazz up with the normal power drug fixings and some that can be used with syringes for an injection in the veins. For those "hard" days. She won't give him more than he can handle tho. She is a doctor at heart. And she doesn't want to kill off good business customers xD That meaning that if he wants to buy in bulk then he came to the wrong girl because she won't do that. But if he decides to OD on what she's given him, well, that's his own damn fault. She can't help that, though it would be a shame to lose a loyal customer it happens all the time. Not saying it will with Jazz because he's a smart boy and he knows better XD

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
Sounds good for me. She can make it happen. Though Penny only handles her drugs sales like this as the Scorpion, not as her 'civil' self. Unless Jazz was her patient then I don't know how he would get his drugs from Penny as her 'civil' self.
Yeah, okay I see. So Jazz looks her up as himself unmasked because his own drug purchasing is for personal pleasure and not for business, so he won't be wearing the Black Jackal mask for those trips. So he looks the Scorpion up after hearing some rumors on the surface of the good stuff, since he's pretty much only had the ones from the Underground and even if he does have money and other items to exchange, it's never as safe and good as on the Land. He gets hooked on her product quick, and should be her regular customer after that. Let's say that he's been purchasing her drug now for two years which is around the time he first time came up.

EDIT: Also if this is approved by @WishfulNemo then Penny can hook Jazz up with the normal power drug fixings and some that can be used with syringes for an injection in the veins. For those "hard" days. She won't give him more than he can handle tho. She is a doctor at heart. And she doesn't want to kill off good business customers xD That meaning that if he wants to buy in bulk then he came to the wrong girl because she won't do that. But if he decides to OD on what she's given him, well, that's his own damn fault. She can't help that, though it would be a shame to lose a loyal customer it happens all the time. Not saying it will with Jazz because he's a smart boy and he knows better XD
Jazz has enough money from his heists that he rather goes for the original source than the variations. He avoids injected drugs due to it having to do with a needle and blood, and in the Underground hygiene isn't exactly the top priority for people, so more than often people would get blood transferred diseases like HIV and others because they recycle the needles for multiple uses. When you're poor and live in the Underground, coming up with fresh needles for every injection isn't easy. (This is how, for example, Ebola spread so fast in Africa. They didn't afford to change the needles after every use before they understood that is how the disease spread so effectively. This is also how drug users get HIV more likely than during a sexual intercourse.) This is why Jazz rather sticks to pills (MDMA for example), powders (COCAINE and some doses of amphetamine) and drugs you can inhale like the Medicine (also things like opium and cannabis) and so on. So if he's gonna buy anything from her, he's gonna want the top quality stuff, meaning that he will want that in gas form that he can breathe in. Like these little bottles he can hook up with his gas mask and breathe through it to get high as a kite.

Jazz may be an user, but he's one of those smart users. How else would he still be alive after drug abusing for 8 years? He knows his shit, and the most important is to make sure the source of the drugs is always reliable and they sell clean stuff, instead of adding toxic replacements that get the users killed. He's OD'd accidentally in the past, and due to those he knows the limits now and when to keep breaks from the drugs, when he feels like "he's going too fast" so to speak. All she needs to do is to sell her the good stuff. She gets the money, he gets what he wants. Everyone's happy. But if she crosses him by selling him something he did not bargain for... We might have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sailor Arti
Like these little bottles he can hook up with his gas mask and breathe through it to get high as a kite.
Oh shit, makeshift bong? Lol I think I know what you're talking about. She can do that sure. She probably would be concerned about whether he would be able to pay at first. Even her normal prices for the powder are a little pricy XD and he's requesting her good stuff? Lol but of course, you say he's got bank so there shouldn't be much for her to worry about.

Everyone's happy. But if she crosses him by selling him something he did not bargain for... We might have a problem.

Heh. Penny's not an idiot. She wants loyal customers and has this semi trust policy going on. She would never give a customer something they didn't want. She knows her reputation for making the clean and best stuff. She won't ruin it now after all the work she put in to get to where she is now. There's too much at stake for her to make such a dumb mistake. XD Though if someone does try to cheat her, things don't end up too well with them. She hates cheaters and liars. She's had to put down some cocky customers more than once XD But I'm sure she won't need to worry about that kind of stuff coming from Jazz XD They can have a good thing going here XD and its cool Penny gets to see his face but he doesn't really get to see her's. XDDD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Oh shit, makeshift bong? Lol I think I know what you're talking about.
Well, yes and no. Nothing's actually burning. Just exchanging the oxygen tank to the Medicine gas for few breaths. Or maybe mixing the medicine gas in dozes into the air tank. I don't know which one should be better choice yet.

She probably would be concerned about whether he would be able to pay at first. Even her normal prices for the powder are a little pricy XD and he's requesting her good stuff? Lol but of course, you say he's got bank so there shouldn't be much for her to worry about.
Obviously! Jazz is a Rat and he looks the part too, I'm sure. I could imagine the first haggling going down between them where she is unsure if he's trying to make a fool out of her, and then he just throws a huge pouch of silvers to the table that she stares wide eyed. Probably wanting to ask where he got it, but decides against wanting to know and just sells the stuff.

But I'm sure she won't need to worry about that kind of stuff coming from Jazz XD
Nah, this is a two-way kind of trust deal here. He has what she wants and she has what he wants. As long as both sides are able to provide, nothing should be a problem.

and its cool Penny gets to see his face but he doesn't really get to see her's. XDDD
Well the thing is, obviously she won't be knowing that he's the Black Jackal. She knows his face, but just as a sewer rat from the Underground. Nothing more. It's not like he's gonna prance to her and immediately just tell her that "Oh yeah, and I'm one of the most wanted criminals of the Golden City. You know, the Black Jackal? The guy who just robbed that Noble family in the Sky just last week? That guy! Just ought you to know." So he'll just be another customer to her, another user with his weird quirks and questionable amount of cash and taste for the good stuff. Though I'd love to see her expression when it dawns to her that he is the infamous Black Jackal. "You? Of all people? You?" "Well whatcha were waiting for, then? Ezio? Banderas? Some sleek ol' dude? A Foetus, maybe?" "Well... Yeah." "Sorry to disappoint, love. This is whatchu get."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sailor Arti
Well the thing is, obviously she won't be knowing that he's the Black Jackal.

Of course, I said it's pretty cool, I didn't say Penny would find it cool lol. But yeah, her face when she does connect the dots once the other criminals are together, lol, her expression is gonna be pretty funny. XDDDD

"You? Of all people? You?" "Well whatcha were waiting for, then? Ezio? Banderas? Some sleek ol' dude? A Foetus, maybe?" "Well... Yeah." "Sorry to disappoint, love. This is whatchu get."

This needs to happen XD

• Love
To get you all to writing while you are waiting for me to open the IC.

Question(s); What does the character's bed look like after a night of sleeping? What are their sleeping habits? etc... Plainly put, let's talk about the characters and sleep~

Last edited:
Question(s); What does the character's bed look like after a night of sleeping? What are their sleeping habits? etc... Plainly put, let's talk about the characters and sleep~
Well, Penny's probably a semi-deep sleeper. It depends, certain noises can make her jolt awake and other times she sleeps like she's dead. But she's also a wild sleeper, kicking all over her bed and getting tangled up in the sheets. She probably doesn't wake up in the same position she fell asleep in. She probably snores. And I think I'm having her have Sleep Apnea xD So I wonder how she'll deal with that? Probably ask Gus to make her a version of our modern day C-pap xD Oh she's a drooler xD Hands down. Sometimes when her sister Tori points it out she gets embarrassed. Penny can fall asleep fast though and just about anywhere. So that's a little talent she's developed. Probably from the times she took cat naps in the middle of her experiments. Penelope hates being woken up though. She dreads the waking up parts. And she's not a morning person. In fact, anytime she wakes up after sleeping she's cranky so beware that. xD Penny's not a very tidy person either. So, she probably "forgets" to make her bed up too xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Are the sign-ups for this RP are still open right now?

This is on the slow side, but I'm ready to plot with Gus. He's the Badger and he's been accepted.

Just a few fun facts: he's old (duh), he doesn't kill anyone (just ruins their lives), and he's looking for love. One of those may not be true. That being said he's been on the scene for long enough that he might know a good handful of the other criminals. He and the Scorpion have a past together. Just an FYI he adopts and raises orphans. Why? Because he's making up for something he failed at before. Or something. Needless to say he's doing it from the altruistic part of his heart and not trying to start a child labor factory. Just so you know. He's a good person--sorta.

I'm game for any plottings. Lay them down here or PM me.

I have a question. Would making a character whose sort of a terrorist trying to bring down the Sky system be acceptable? I was thinking that, or a contraband/arms dealer, or both.

I have a question. Would making a character whose sort of a terrorist trying to bring down the Sky system be acceptable? I was thinking that, or a contraband/arms dealer, or both.

As long as you keep their powers within bands and make it realistic, then it should be fine! Thus; no self-bombing and surviving there, or being able to outsmart the Inquisition, etc...

@Tyrannosaurus Rekt I'm up for some plotting, if you think there could be any past between the Black Jackal and the Badger? It's up to you; I just take what I get! Positive or negative, I work well with both. Just give me some direction where you'd want to take it and I can work from there with the ideas.

Same goes for anyone else who would be interested in some relationship plotting!

Okay, we got a nice amount of members now, so I think we can get this off the ground. I haven't reviewed all, but these accepted can be found in the 'Cast list'.

I haven't reviewed the new(ly finished) characters yet, but I will get to it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I have decided to step into the game as well with a character of my own. I hope to have it finished this weekend, which is also when I will start this all. So, whoot. A lot to look forward to!

Previous prompt: Character's sleeping habits

New prompt: The story behind the character's scar(s). Does the character have any scars? How did they get them? Write about it. Of course you may also do the previous prompt instead, or do both if you haven't yet. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.