Golden City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have the spam, spam, spam, spam, eggs, bacon, with a side of spam, please!

*ahem* Sorry. Anyways...

Thank you for the clarification, @WishfulNemo ! Your lore is something I really enjoy. And I eagerly await your replies, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt & @Wicked ! I understand how truly busy and bossy life can be, I just really want to read about the Badger and Jackal x3

Welp, there it is. Have some Jazz. It's bit of a crappy starter post, but I at least placed him closer to the prison by putting him on the Land as starting point instead of Underground. Less hassle to get him out from there and thus less posting cycles and less writing for me. Yes, I am lazy. But efficient kind of lazy, I guess.

Anyone interested in meeting Jazz who is now nicely tipsy with whiskey, please step forward.

Welp, there it is. Have some Jazz. It's bit of a crappy starter post, but I at least placed him closer to the prison by putting him on the Land as starting point instead of Underground. Less hassle to get him out from there and thus less posting cycles and less writing for me. Yes, I am lazy. But efficient kind of lazy, I guess.

Anyone interested in meeting Jazz who is now nicely tipsy with whiskey, please step forward.
Hey, I liked it! It reminded me of how I felt when I was working graveyard shift and would drink on Friday morning with friends (^^,')

As far as running into Jazz, I think Maxine would recognize him easily enough with him sporting the Mohawk and it being relatively early and all~ But I could also easily enough run into @Fieryfly , @Gerontis , or maybe even @FieryCold , depending on what their thoughts are. I think the invitation is unique enough it'd be easy to trust each other at least a little on first impression basis only.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gerontis and Wicked
We could all run into each other. Alona is going out to find the Raccoon, but as she makes her way to their usual meeting place she could totally run into Jazz. Alona and Jazz have a history so she should be capable of recognizing him easily.

Reactions: Gerontis
I like that idea. Perhaps we could then make a plan and that everybody has to do 1 thing. This could perhaps then make a fun event where we all work together - likely going to be rocky and tough, but that is probably a charm to do it, right? :D.
Perhaps it would even lead to some friendly bragging between characters and development? I am all in for any kind of working together and meeting characters up.

• Love
Reactions: Saint Allison
We could all run into each other. Alona is going out to find the Raccoon, but as she makes her way to their usual meeting place she could totally run into Jazz. Alona and Jazz have a history so she should be capable of recognizing him easily.
Haha Jazz could function as a female character magnet! xD I like this idea a lot.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
DISCLAIMER: Everything from the tabs has been fused together in one post in preparation for the upcoming Iwaku update.

So yeah. Lots of coding, much copy and pasting. I. Hate. Coding. Let me press on that matter once more. In any case. It has been done, so don't freak out if the information in the tabs suddenly disappear, they aren't lost.

• Jails in Golden City

Crime rate is high in Golden City, the officers are always on the move, filling out papers, detaining people, chasing after them, and the likes. As such there are many detention cells as well where the criminals can be locked up. Whether it is for one night because they were caught drunk outside, or it is for murder, there are various jail centres in the city, all for varied purposes with their own level of security.

First up, and of the lowest rank, are the police cells. These can be found at all police stations in the city, so also the Sky. These cells are usually only used for the small and insignificant crimes in Golden City. Public drinking, peeing on the streets, you name it, the small crimes that have a low bail sum and for which the criminals are usually detained for no longer than a week. The cells are usually large and spacious, but shared with the rest of the criminals stuck at the police station. There are no private rooms and neither are there beds. A few blankets are given and some water to wash yourself with, but other than that it is a hard concrete ground with bars surrounding them. Criminals are usually locked up at the nearest police station they have been caught at. In the Pigeon's case it was near the centre of the Land, so she would have been brought to the police station nearest to the Tube of the Land.

Then we land to the bigger and more serious crimes. Anything above the ranks of the police cells can't be found in the Sky anymore, only on the Land. Here criminals are locked up for months, sometimes even years. Unlike with the temporary cells of the police station there are rooms in this detention centre, however, these are usually shared rooms. Criminals share rooms with three other people with bunkers to safe space. They usually get one hour of fresh air outside, surrounded by high fences that are put under electricity. So that no one thinks of climbing over them. Asides from that windows can't be opened in the rooms, making it chokingly hot in the summer. The life circumstances inside of the jails aren't ideal, but neither so unbearable that one would rather wish to die or to go down the Sewers. Exactly as jails are supposed to be like. Security in these jails is high and the criminals are under constant watch. Asides from the conditions the criminals live in they are also ruled by fear and intimidation within the walls. Chores must be done by the inmates themselves as Golden City does not wish to pay any money to the expenses of their household. This also happens under strict surveillance of the guards who are also allowed to give out physical punishment to these who refuse to obey. Shortly put, the true jails in Golden City are also discipline camps where the criminals are taught to obey and to fear. In total Golden City has five of such detention centres, with each their own fearsome reputation and specialties. These will be revealed throughout the IC at a later moment.

At last we discuss the last form of detention, which is the heaviest and often means the end of one's criminal existence and life in overall. This is the Underground. As often mentioned the Underground isn't meant for people to live there, yet many can be found there. Though there are some who fall into the Underground because of their debts and the likes, there are also many criminals who are sent to the Sewers. They are stripped of their identity and chained down into the hellhole, where they are forced to work all day like slaves. The only difference in appearance between these criminals and the true Rats are that they have their hands and feet cuffed, so that they can't run and fight. They are also at all times forbidden to go up to the Land or the Sky and won't make any money while in detention. This is usually the sort of judgement given to these who are judged for a lifelong sentence, so truly the last resort. There is no escape from this life after one criminal has been condemned to labour in the Underground, none except from death, which is usually what their end is. The few guards who are there to watch over the criminals are exceedingly cruel against them. However, usually the watch is given and handed over to a few eager Rats who wants to earn a good penny for there is no guard who would go there on their own volition. The top usually leave these people to do whatever they want to do with the criminals, as long as the said labours check in and out every day at their jails. The cells of these criminals can be found at the lowest level of the Underground, near the ovens and the mines so that they can get to work immediately. As one can imagine it is the hottest there and life is pretty much unbearable.

Ooc: Totally did not forget to write this. Hahahahahaha… OTL I'm sorry. I'm usually a lot more punctual. No excuses.

ooc 2: All of the previous updates can be found in the very first post of this ooc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerontis
Is this still accepting?

Yes we are!

Shame, then this is goodbye then!
I finished my CS and posted it to the S/U. (I mean I think I did. I had a lot of tabs up. O.O)

Hey everyone! I have finished moving and have my desktop set up now, so I'll easily be able to have a post up tonight or tomorrow :D

Personally, I would like to write a large post that involves Maxine traveling to the Land and probably just showing up at the prison alone and running into everyone else. That way there is no god modding necessary and its be more fun than just partying up at a pub or something.

I'm in the middle of writing and stuck between quality & speed as usual, but I'll figure my stuff out and move my slice of the story along!

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
I wouldn't really mind either. Think that any option that would push us forward would be beneficial towards the story and our characters. I already can think of some plans, but it all comes down that the characters are together/ know of each other and what they are capable off etc. Something I am not sure if that is a given or a not. But really, I wouldn't mind anything - even a bit of GM godmodding - if that forwards us to a position where we can make more progress. :)

• Thank You
I just want @Wicked to post xD

Joking. I don't honestly mind the godmodding if it is needed. I would prefer us to have another round of posts if that was possible, but I don't see a problem in having a little timeskip to steer us towards the prison if that would suit the overall progress better.

• Thank You
Apologies. I had an internet cap and then I got a cold. Why? Because everything hates me.

Anyway, I'm going to plot with Misa about us getting to the jail PRONTO. Sorry about that, Nemo-licious, I've been an all around failure recently.

• Thank You
I'm gonna be making another character skelly. Hopefully it won't take too long, but @Wicked says they're gonna design my skeleton for me. So when I finish all the details and such and it looks like shit, just remember to wait, because Wicked is gonna whip up some magic on my skeleton :DDDDDDDD

Update: @Wicked has finished coding my skeleton and it's all ready for you peeps to go look at! So without further ado, I present to you guys my darling Jinx Enjoy~ xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.