Golden City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question(s); What does the character's bed look like after a night of sleeping? What are their sleeping habits? etc... Plainly put, let's talk about the characters and sleep~
Gus has a routine. He picks up everything, lays out his clothes for tomorrow over the chair in his bedroom, places his dirty ones in a hamper, and has half a glass of gin. Needless to say, he sleeps like a rock--a very snore-heavy rock. This probably has annoyed the ever living daylights out of Penny. I can only imagine her place a pillow over his head on occasion. Not in a "please die" sort of way but trying to muffle the sound.

He's an early morning riser. Afterwards, he takes a bath, changes into the clothes he laid out the previous night, and makes his bed. Then it is on to breakfast which consists of a lot of eggs and bacon. Good thing there's no way to tell his cholesterol.

New prompt: The story behind the character's scar(s). Does the character have any scars? How did they get them? Write about it. Of course you may also do the previous prompt instead, or do both if you haven't yet. c:
Gus has a lot of scars amongst the tattoos. Most of them are from his time with the gang. That being said, the ones that line his face are from an experiment gone bad. A little bit of glass shrapnel got caught in there. Since then, he's practiced safety and hid behind something... or someone.

This probably has annoyed the ever living daylights out of Penny. I can only imagine her place a pillow over his head on occasion. Not in a "please die" sort of way but trying to muffle the sound.

Yeah probably. Tho sometimes I can see her having an irritating expression while trying to muffle his snores like "Get any louder I'll suffocate you" -_- xDDD

He's an early morning riser.

If he wakes up Penny she'll be out for blood xDDD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Is anyone else excited for the RP to begin? (*w*)

I am keeping the prompts that @WishfulNemo has given in mind to include in my intro post, and I eagerly await the chance to begin our story together!

Because this looks absolutely, stunningly amazing, I hereby show my interest. I saw you are still open for sign-ups and I basically spend my whole day reading the Overview, OOC, and character sheets of other people (which are also amazing), so there is no way I can't join. If you guys will have me of course ^^

If so, I was hoping to make some sort of information broker to add to the line-up of badass assassins / buiness people / scavengers / medicine sellers / and others I haven't mentioned. Would that be okay?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
Because this looks absolutely, stunningly amazing, I hereby show my interest. I saw you are still open for sign-ups and I basically spend my whole day reading the Overview, OOC, and character sheets of other people (which are also amazing), so there is no way I can't join. If you guys will have me of course ^^

If so, I was hoping to make some sort of information broker to add to the line-up of badass assassins / buiness people / scavengers / medicine sellers / and others I haven't mentioned. Would that be okay?
As long as you don't pull any meta-gaming nonsense on us, I'm fine with it! Of course this applies to godmodding, powerplaying and the likes as well. However, with an information broker meta-gaming is especially an easy mistake to make.

Awesome! And I'll make sure to definitely not do that. I had my fair share of dealings with meta-gamers in the past so I know the annoyance.

I'll get to work.

Hey there. I don't think I'll be able to join this in the end, so I'm happy to see so many others are filling the stage in my stead. It's a damn good idea, and it deserves everyone so far. Best of luck, guys.

I hope I won't be disturbing, but I noticed that this still open for people to join in and after reading the OOC I wished to state that I would be very happy if you all would like me to join this RP. I really like the idea of the setting as I haven't ever seen one like this one, nor many that are worked out so nicely.

I do have a character idea, one that is indulged in smuggling in both resources as people - thus also making fake ID's, or at least attempting to make ID's that are somewhat worth of being believed that they are real. Hope that the idea is liked and that you wouldn't mind me boarding, I would really like to be part of this.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I hope I won't be disturbing, but I noticed that this still open for people to join in and after reading the OOC I wished to state that I would be very happy if you all would like me to join this RP. I really like the idea of the setting as I haven't ever seen one like this one, nor many that are worked out so nicely.

I do have a character idea, one that is indulged in smuggling in both resources as people - thus also making fake ID's, or at least attempting to make ID's that are somewhat worth of being believed that they are real. Hope that the idea is liked and that you wouldn't mind me boarding, I would really like to be part of this.

Not at all! Feel free to fill out a skeleton in the Sign Ups.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gerontis
It's so late, but I'm thinking so hard about my character that's getting all made up... I feel so noobie, oh my!~!

Cheers to this RP!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Heya! A little birdie told me about this RP, and I'm certainly very interested in it. Just expressing my interest here, because the characters/concept so far are absolutely fantastic. Plus, I know quite a few people around here too - so it'll be great to RP with familiar faces, heheh.

Currently working on 'The Fly' - a trixie little man who I've got in progress. Though, if the cast is getting too male-heavy, let me know and I can work on a gal instead. Might be done today, but I'll likely have it up tomorrow. (And if you were planning to start today or something, don't let me stop ya'~.)

Is there a particular way you'd like the posting order to function, @WishfulNemo ? I'm trying to decide exactly how much I should write, particularly in regards to setting up interacting with other players, and getting ready to ascend to where the Pigeon is imprisoned.

No definite posting order has been decided. However, when characters engage in an interaction I would like to see some common ethics displayed. For example; by giving everyone a proper turn and chance to react before posting again.
Alright, I think that gives me enough clarification to proceed! :D Thank you!

A friendly reminder here for everyone; do NOT post if you AREN'T in the CASTLIST. Your character HAVEN'T been accepted yet if that is the case. I would very much appreciate it if people read the rules and FOLLOW them. I can get quite impatient with these who don't do one, or the latter, or either. Don't think I will be very lenient and let this slide off easily. I WILL breeze at you with fire.

Thank you for reading this message. I hope that everyone now understands that they should read the rules and follow them as well. Even these who think they are an exception of sorts. I maintain a low tolerance policy against everyone who doesn't, for I WILL take this as a sign of disrespect towards the role play and me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sailor Arti
So, @WishfulNemo , since we're talking rules, I have some plot questions!

Is the Pigeon's "cage" located in the Sky?

It'll be a week tomorrow since my last post, and I figured beginning the ascent towards other player's characters would be a wise choice. Which would mean I'd need to buy the privilege of walking up the stairs to the Land, which would lead me to ask:

Do you mind if I write the process of buying passage for the tube, or would you as the GM like to play the clerk NPC?

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer, and thanks for the dedication so far :)

Not wanting to spam - as I already get enough spam daily on skype - but I just noticed two similar names that made me chuckle.

Fieryfly and Fierycold.

Very small thing, but I like it. XD
Sorry... that was all I had to say in this small post.

Reactions: Nemopedia
So, @WishfulNemo , since we're talking rules, I have some plot questions!

Is the Pigeon's "cage" located in the Sky?

It'll be a week tomorrow since my last post, and I figured beginning the ascent towards other player's characters would be a wise choice. Which would mean I'd need to buy the privilege of walking up the stairs to the Land, which would lead me to ask:

Do you mind if I write the process of buying passage for the tube, or would you as the GM like to play the clerk NPC?

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer, and thanks for the dedication so far :)
The jail the Pigeon is held at is based on the Land, for she lives on the land. I will write more information about the jails in Golden City as we proceed. Sorry if that was unclear! However, thumb of rule; there are no formal jails in the Sky. Only these temporary ones at the police office from where the criminals are then transferred to bigger jails in GC, usually located on the Land. More information to follow!

As for your second question. Don't give the NPC's too much attention if unnecessary. I have given my fair share of information about these clerks, with that you should be able to write a proper interaction with them for the passing between the tube. Follow the information I've handed and you should be a-okay!
Not wanting to spam - as I already get enough spam daily on skype - but I just noticed two similar names that made me chuckle.

Fieryfly and Fierycold.

Very small thing, but I like it. XD
Sorry... that was all I had to say in this small post.
Don't worry about spamming here. That is what I made this thread for. XD All important updates can be found under the tab of 'updates', so chatter away as you like!

To a more important matter;

I have been a bit behind on work. Sorry about that. This week was rather busy, and I will be so as well next week (and actually I will be until the summer #college). I will however try to keep up as much as I can (maybe I should consider co-GM's).

Don't worry if you can't post weekly, I won't be able to either. All I want is that you keep it in mind as a guideline. However, don't fall out on me for months either. Also, try to inform me if you are going to be on an hiatus for a while, that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Regarding that...

@Stuffies12, @Wicked & @Tyrannosaurus Rekt: How are you holding up? Do you need help in starting up?

• Thank You
Reactions: Saint Allison
Status
Not open for further replies.