Golden City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'll wait for you to do just that, chief. Sad to say, at this point I'm better off making a guy called The Bat and taking steampunk Batman pictures, since there hasn't been any preferable materials for Operation Buxom is Better. Maybe I'll just slip back to my original girl...

Reactions: Nemopedia
@WishfulNemo I just wanted to let you know that I am not gonna make a character for this. I do love the set up, but it is just not my cup of tea and with the many rps I have already going on, I don't wish to take on another rp and do it halfheartedly, since this rp deserves so much more.

Though I will totally lurk around when this is set up as an IC :P

• Thank You
That is all right. I wouldn't be happy either if you did your work half-heartedly, especially not from you!

If you ever happen to have room for one more role play, please think of this one first~
I will, Nemo. And otherwise you can bug me when I am complaining about having too much time on my hands and such :P Good luck with it^^

Hallo all,

So it has been pretty silent in overall, but I see good progress in the applications. I would like to propose the start of this role play this weekend/monday. Afterwards people can still join if interested, but I think if at least three characters are finished before coming Sunday, we are good to go.

Does this sound good to all of you? c:
Sounds good to me :)
Hopefully I can finish my character before Sunday

Hallo all,

So it has been pretty silent in overall, but I see good progress in the applications. I would like to propose the start of this role play this weekend/monday. Afterwards people can still join if interested, but I think if at least three characters are finished before coming Sunday, we are good to go.

Does this sound good to all of you? c:
So... I wanted to start this role play today. However, I still have only one accepted character so far. I don't want to postpone it until the next weekend, so people, tell me, give me your voice. When is a favourable time for you lot to finish?

• Thank You
Reactions: Sailor Arti
So... I wanted to start this role play today. However, I still have only one accepted character so far. I don't want to postpone it until the next weekend, so people, tell me, give me your voice. When is a favourable time for you lot to finish?
If my internet doesn't crap up then I'll be done with my chara by tomorrow.

Whoops! Accidently posted in the wrong thread. But yeah, I tend to keep my intro's minimalist, since I prefer details to come to light in the RP. That's not to say I don't have a lot of material/ideas for my character though! If you need/want more info, @WishfulNemo I can post it in the sheet or in PM :)

Whoops! Accidently posted in the wrong thread. But yeah, I tend to keep my intro's minimalist, since I prefer details to come to light in the RP. That's not to say I don't have a lot of material/ideas for my character though! If you need/want more info, @WishfulNemo I can post it in the sheet or in PM :)

I don't think you character is finished, yes? I did say list and describe with the personality. And it would be nice for the rest of the players if you did provide some sort of information on what makes your character the 'Ferret'.

I don't think you character is finished, yes? I did say list and describe with the personality. And it would be nice for the rest of the players if you did provide some sort of information on what makes your character the 'Ferret'.
Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer to have an intro post that shows her character traits and ferret-like nature in action as opposed to just telling everyone outright. If that's alright with you?

If you really would like me to revise my sheet though I can have it done tonight.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer to have an intro post that shows her character traits and ferret-like nature in action as opposed to just telling everyone outright. If that's alright with you?

If you really would like me to revise my sheet though I can have it done tonight.
I can understand preferences, however, then you are at the wrong address with me here. As I said before, and I stated such in the skeleton as well, I rather have you write the personality out. I know characters change over time and surprise us with more depth, but that's character development for you. For now, please follow the sheet like the rest does. Besides, just because you wrote them out now doesn't mean you can't showcase it anymore in the role play.

By the way, as stated in the skeleton; biography is optional. So you don't need to write out that one, if that eases you a little. c:

I can understand preferences, however, then you are at the wrong address with me here. As I said before, and I stated such in the skeleton as well, I rather have you write the personality out. I know characters change over time and surprise us with more depth, but that's character development for you. For now, please follow the sheet like the rest does. Besides, just because you wrote them out now doesn't mean you can't showcase it anymore in the role play.

By the way, as stated in the skeleton; biography is optional. So you don't need to write out that one, if that eases you a little. c:
Sounds good to me! I'll have it finished tonight :) I apologize for any annoyance I may have caused.

I'll try to submit something by tomorrow... Sorry if it's bad

I updated my sheet!

P.s.
I am more than ready to begin x3

• Thank You
  • Jails in Golden City
Crime rate is high in Golden City, the officers are always on the move, filling out papers, detaining people, chasing after them, and the likes. As such there are many detention cells as well where the criminals can be locked up. Whether it is for one night because they were caught drunk outside, or it is for murder, there are various jail centres in the city, all for varied purposes with their own level of security.

First up, and of the lowest rank, are the police cells. These can be found at all police stations in the city, so also the Sky. These cells are usually only used for the small and insignificant crimes in Golden City. Public drinking, peeing on the streets, you name it, the small crimes that have a low bail sum and for which the criminals are usually detained for no longer than a week. The cells are usually large and spacious, but shared with the rest of the criminals stuck at the police station. There are no private rooms and neither are there beds. A few blankets are given and some water to wash yourself with, but other than that it is a hard concrete ground with bars surrounding them. Criminals are usually locked up at the nearest police station they have been caught at. In the Pigeon's case it was near the centre of the Land, so she would have been brought to the police station nearest to the Tube of the Land.

Then we land to the bigger and more serious crimes. Anything above the ranks of the police cells can't be found in the Sky anymore, only on the Land. Here criminals are locked up for months, sometimes even years. Unlike with the temporary cells of the police station there are rooms in this detention centre, however, these are usually shared rooms. Criminals share rooms with three other people with bunkers to safe space. They usually get one hour of fresh air outside, surrounded by high fences that are put under electricity. So that no one thinks of climbing over them. Asides from that windows can't be opened in the rooms, making it chokingly hot in the summer. The life circumstances inside of the jails aren't ideal, but neither so unbearable that one would rather wish to die or to go down the Sewers. Exactly as jails are supposed to be like. Security in these jails is high and the criminals are under constant watch. Asides from the conditions the criminals live in they are also ruled by fear and intimidation within the walls. Chores must be done by the inmates themselves as Golden City does not wish to pay any money to the expenses of their household. This also happens under strict surveillance of the guards who are also allowed to give out physical punishment to these who refuse to obey. Shortly put, the true jails in Golden City are also discipline camps where the criminals are taught to obey and to fear. In total Golden City has five of such detention centres, with each their own fearsome reputation and specialties. These will be revealed throughout the IC at a later moment.

At last we discuss the last form of detention, which is the heaviest and often means the end of one's criminal existence and life in overall. This is the Underground. As often mentioned the Underground isn't meant for people to live there, yet many can be found there. Though there are some who fall into the Underground because of their debts and the likes, there are also many criminals who are sent to the Sewers. They are stripped of their identity and chained down into the hellhole, where they are forced to work all day like slaves. The only difference in appearance between these criminals and the true Rats are that they have their hands and feet cuffed, so that they can't run and fight. They are also at all times forbidden to go up to the Land or the Sky and won't make any money while in detention. This is usually the sort of judgement given to these who are judged for a lifelong sentence, so truly the last resort. There is no escape from this life after one criminal has been condemned to labour in the Underground, none except from death, which is usually what their end is. The few guards who are there to watch over the criminals are exceedingly cruel against them. However, usually the watch is given and handed over to a few eager Rats who wants to earn a good penny for there is no guard who would go there on their own volition. The top usually leave these people to do whatever they want to do with the criminals, as long as the said labours check in and out every day at their jails. The cells of these criminals can be found at the lowest level of the Underground, near the ovens and the mines so that they can get to work immediately. As one can imagine it is the hottest there and life is pretty much unbearable.

Ooc: Totally did not forget to write this. Hahahahahaha… OTL I'm sorry. I'm usually a lot more punctual. No excuses.

ooc 2: You can find all of the previous updates I made in the very first post of this ooc.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Sailor Arti
Hi guys, is this still going on? I hope it is!
It certainly is! I'm just waiting for people to finish their skeleton applications. c:

Reactions: Stuffies12
I apologize for the delay! Work, Holiday Parties, and Star Wars have all been claiming my weekend x( But I should be able to post tonight or tomorrow my revised (and hopefully acceptable) character sheet.

Sooo... I'm not going to attempt to open this role play in the holidays. That would be a suicide on my part. Instead, I will give the still unfinished skeletons until the second week of the New Year before I start kicking. I really would like to start then, seeing as by January the S/U has already been open for a month.

Reactions: Stuffies12
Status
Not open for further replies.