Getting to Know You

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Diana!
Since this is an excuse to talk about myself, everyone better get ready. I'm currently a jobless 15-year-old male of unknown sexual orientation. *winks* I love writing, purple, jelly beans, and food in general. There are few things I dislike, which surprises people for some reason. I sometimes come off as creepy and a bit weird, but I'm usually just joking around- usually.
I started role-playing because my friends kept saying that I was an awesome writer, and that it was just an awesome hobby to have. After some thought, I decided to give it a try. I had been looking- on google, of course- for a good role-play site, when Iwaku popped up. It seemed like a cool place, so I made an account, and ever since then I can honestly say I've never felt more welcomed. So basically, Iwaku is an awesome place to hang, in my opinion.
I'm a really understanding person, I rarely judge people for who or what they do. I love having fun and getting to know people. My other hobbies, besides writing, are gaming and people watching. Creepy, yes, but you learn a few things while watching other people.
So that's pretty much all there is about me, and my extremely small existence. Bye! *waves*

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a roleplayer. I am obsessive in a way, going on every single day for a good five or six times before I am happy. I don't explore much out of the mature section, but I think I will try to in the future. For me the most important thing is to have fun and not to be afraid to get creative! I love comically awkward situations in roleplays. I decided to post on account I was asked so nicely to comment in the banner.

I love drawing, and I am a handworker when I have to be. I am actually doing post secondary enrollment (Go to collage while in high school) next year and I am extra excited for it.
I am hoping to get a career in the art field, but I am trying to look for other options if it ends up not working out.
I love the color purple and red.
I love bacon, eggs, potatoes, and any noodle ;3
I try to be social (Online and offline) But I end up being quiet shy a lot of the times.
I love meeting new people.
A dream of mine is to travel to South Korea (I'm adopted and originally was born there)
Thank you for reading about me :)

Hello, my internet name is Lorien. I chose to have an internet name because I didn't like being referred to by my username. My current username is actually taken from my search for the meaning of the name Lorien (it was in the category "Literary" and it means "Dreamer" or "Dream" (it's been so many years now, I can't remember which)). I like using parentheses.

In real life, I am a university junior. I am a history major with the intention of getting a doctorate and becoming a history professor (and so the cycle goes). I have a talent for writing, though my ADD brain often convinces me to post on my role-plays before I've proofread them thoroughly. I love my cat, and cats in general but I don't pick sides on the cat person/dog person debate because I like dogs, too. I developed an interest in vampire stories after I read Twilight at about the age of thirteen and decided I could do better than Stephanie Meyer. I was introduced to role-playing shortly after that by a friend (who also introduced me to anime, video games and a score of other addicting (but not illegal!) things). I role-played on RoleplayGateway for a few years after that but when I noticed that the role-players were slowly becoming more and more elitist, I left that site and jumped around from site to site until I found Iwaku, which was a great fit with tons of friendly and interesting people. I will probably be sticking around for a while.

I also sign my internet name on every OOC post that I make. It's a habit.

~Lorien

There are some things I may have shared little by little through out my time being here, but I would be glad to share everything here :)

Well, I am a 21 year old college student and aspiring writer. I am a native Floridian(yeah, born and raised here). I have been writing since before I can remember and nothing has been able to stop me since. Back in the day my sister and I had this huge desktop and that was where I attempted to complete my first story. For some reason, my stories never had an ending and some honestly still don't. The one I have recently sat down to write as my first book has a first draft but I am still in the second drafting process. I have a roleplay based in said world should any of you like to check it out.

I'm working toward my A.A. in Education for secondary(which is jr. high/high school if I'm not mistaken). My original goal was to teach English to non-native speakers and then I wanted to teach it as a second language and now I just want to teach it. It goes along the same path anyhow so I can make my final decision later. I think English is an unfair language, as most native speakers cannot even speak it properly, and so I would like to lessen the amount of people struggling to learn. Other than that, my ambitions are really to make other people's lives easier, to help them in any way that I can and hopefully I can do that to some extent by being a teacher.

I am super SUPER shy in real life(but I want to be a teacher?!?) and cannot hold conversations very well so awkward silences ensue often with me. I do like to interact with people though and learn about other people. For most of my life my parents were super overprotective and so I barely got to do much of anything outside of the house without them. Sleepovers, going to birthday parties, hanging with friends- none of that. I actually didn't have any real friends until junior high. I'm still friends with people from high school too. There's something you should know about me; If we are friends, understand that I will never forget you. If I met you in person only once, as in talked to you or had some interaction with you, then I would most likely notice you every other time I saw you. I almost never forget people and friends are never forgotten. I'm sort of clingy and don't like to cut off communication with anyone. Due to my horrible conversation skills I find it hard to approach people to make friends or even right now talk to some of my friends because the conversation dies so easily. Somehow they are still my friends and tell me I am not a boring person despite how I feel.

I am so very interested in learning about other cultures and customs. Personally I feel like I have no culture. It's so cool how some cultures actually hold onto their history and still incorporate it into their lives now. I honestly get a little jealous. -cough cough- Anywho! Sewing is fun, when I'm in the mood for it. I only sew by hand for now cause I can't afford a machine but I would still do it by hand sometimes even if I had one. One day I would like to make my own cosplays. One I had tried one time but couldn't complete was a Road Camelot(D.Gray-Man) cosplay. I want a Tyki Mikk for when I can do the cosplay one day ;)

Writing is my favorite past time along with reading. I enjoy seeing characters grow and change and succeed. My characters are my babies and some of them I have been writing with since I was in junior high. I cannot focus in silence. When I read or write there must be music- not any other noise. Strangely enough I can read when listening to music but not in a room full of people talking. Recently Mumford and Sons and Death Cab for Cutie have been my artists of choice for getting in a good writing zone. I can create characters pretty much off the top of my head. Looks and personalities come quite easily to me but I have to think out their details in depth. I probably have so many characters in my mind but have yet to get to use them as some don't always fit into my mood. There is almost literally an array of characters that are created and then put away in storage in the back of my mind. Maybe someone could help me get some out someday? :)

I think I've rambled on enough. Well, that's me! If you want to know more just hit me up sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a graduate student in theoretical chemistry. I play games, piano, and swim. Last year I spent 1000 hours total on Dota 2. Looks like I'll spend the next 1000 on ilium.

Hello, I'm posting here because a fancy ad banner thing told me to. o3o My name is Moogle and I love worldbuilding, character analysis, Japanese RPGs, rhythm games, writing, shipping, dogs, free food, *deep breath* and really long sentences! I'm a college student studying for a BS in computer science, with a minor in Japanese. I'm also completely obsessed with a DS game called The World Ends With You, and if you let me, I'll talk your ear off about it for hours. :3

Yo, it's me Laharl the overlord. Just dropped by to say hello to everyone and it's a pleasure to know all of you. If we don't know each other then pleasure to meet you glad to have you on the site.

I chill out with friends, graduated college for vg design and advertising. Love games, puzzles, violin and of course my best friends and roleplaying. Ermmm. Rather laid back with a chill personality. It's better to just talk to me to figure me out because im bad at explaining things : P

I dont really have much to say . . . I came here to make a stalker uhhh lady happy. My username is Nadrojo but my name in the real world is Jordan, and for anyone who noticed this, my username is just my name backwards . . . BUT WITH AN O!!
So I joined up here because I'm terrible at writing, and wanted to improve I guess for my exams and such. So my friend told me I should try roleplaying, which I did, and actually ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought. I was born in New Jersey, but I've lived in Florida my whole life, mostly because New Jersey is COLD! I'm now on my way to becoming a sophmore as soon as summer ends. I've uh . . . made a name for myself at my highschool for being a trouble maker, I've been suspended at least 7 times, for aggravating teachers and other students with my jokes. Which has gotten me punched in the face on numerous occasions, ahh highschool is fun. Oh I also represent the glorious afro movement, with my own flowing fro people usually compare me to Huey from the Boondocks mixed with some extra crazy. That's all I really have to say about me . . . oh and I love ellipsis, so hype!

Well, let's see, there's not much to tell here. I'm a fandom obsessed blogger with no real life other than those close to me. (still trying to figure out why they stick around.) I'm extremely opinionated and will come up with a legitamate argument for every cause I believe in. (you should see how many internet arguments I get into. It's a little scary.) I have a habit of talking to myself. (okay, it's starting to interfere with my everyday life, but whatever.) I've struggled with depression, anxiety, and an addiction in the past, but my best friend/S.O. somehow puts up with me and all my crazy, screwed up thoughts and helps me through everything. (seriously dude, I don't know how you stand it.) I'm into books, music, anime, video games (although I suck), art, paintball, and anything that involves throwing rocks at people. People call me Abby, Abbs, Abanimnim (darn it Alex!) Shortie, and several other nick-names that don't make any sense. Welcome to my world. Try not to step on anything sharp! Or step on it, ya know, whatever.

Nothing fancy here, just an old mom of two that are all grown up and one moved out lol I loooove ice cream of almost any flavor, I love to paint and draw and I hang out on Facebook a bit too much and I love reading and writing posts on here and meeting people from all over the world :)

Hm... These types of things are always difficult for me... But I will try.

I am Akiko. No, that is not my name. I go by Eva most often. That is not my name, either. I hate my name and rarely tell it to anyone anymore. I am a creative mind, always coming up with ideas for something or another - though I have difficulty getting them into words at times. I am an artist; I LOVE art and I'm always striving to better myself at it. I just finished my second year of college as a Graphic Design major. I have not yet taken any design courses, but I will start in the fall. Had to get down the "General Curriculum" first. I can't wait! Art is the second love of my life and I love all kinds of art. I love to read and write and role play. I love things like crime - all the dark, gritty crime I can get - in a role play. This is not limited to any sort of crime in particular. Anything goes. Violence and romance are good too. I tend to throw a piece of myself into my characters somehow. I never fully throw myself into my character though, just a teeny bit. I do like to immerse myself in my characters, to think the way they think and better play them efficiently. I am a contradictory person, and as such, often contradict myself. I love cats and opossums. I don't always listen to music for the words, but for the composition. I still have the bear I was given as a present when I was two years old (bite me). I do not own a cell phone.

Ruin here and I'm horrible about talking about myself. Lately I haven't been active in anything iwaku related too so this is kinda perfect mwahaha.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't need to go on a computer or watch tv, I could live without them. Hell I wrote all this on my lovely cellphone. I tend to preoccupy myself other various ways. Reading is what I love but my distractions are music, playing pool, and being outside.

I also will he traveling soon, pretty thrilled about that.

Hi, Diana.

On here I go by Cataleya.

I'm a girl who was in college, but was constantly changing her degree. Just wasn't happy with anything I was doing. I've been writing for eight years now and im 19 years old. My birthday is this coming up Sunday!!! YAY!!!

I write many different things. From romance, horror, twisted stories etc. I have a journal full of old English poetry and right now i'm writing my first book. I think it's a good one and once it's finished i'm going to do everything I can to get it published. My dream is to become a well known writer. I want to inspire people. Recently I noticed a school called Full Sail University.

A place that teaches you how to write in all genres, teaches you screenwriting and so much more. I'm beginning the process in enrolling there, on top of writing my book.

And...now you know a little more about little old me ^^

Well, I'm Dawn.

I'm sorta on staff. I like playing Wartune. :)

Senior in high school now, love to write but I can't ever get anything done because of a combination of procrastination and an irresistible compulsion to rewrite everything an hour later.

I haven't actually done much here, because the few RPs I've joined have mysteriously died off and I'm too shy to look for more.

You don't know crap about me and I like to keep it that way!

Tell your husband I said "SUP". Use a manly voice for this.

I'm just Nui. A 21 year old NEET with absolutely no prospects in life, and no hobbies apart from roleplaying and video games. I'm terrible at dealing with people, and sometimes just watch the CBox go by to kill time. I also dislike children.

That's about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.