Getting to Know You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm no face. I like Pie and I like Chihiro. Yup

Good evening, Iwaku! I am Taleweaver. Or, rather, I am a taleweaver. I've been dabbling in writing and storytelling since I was a wee one. On that note, I'm approaching a quarter-century old (as of July first), and am just reaching my prime, I like to think.

Offline, I am still a student, studying and working towards eventually becoming an academic instructor. I want to teach English to at-risk youth through America's Job Corps program, since that program's what turned my life around so completely. Before becoming involved with it, I had been homeless for nearly a full year. That time had been spent wandering as a vagabond, from the Midwestern United States to Florida and back. All around, I traveled a total of about 3300km on foot and hitchhiking. I met a lot of people who helped me change my perspective on things, not the least of which was how self-centered and conceited I used to be.

Now, however, I'm just as conceited, but definitely nowhere near as self-centered. I've channeled my love for creative writing and literature into my studies, and if I can instill a single individual with the same passion for the written word that I possess, I'll feel accomplished. There is no greater art than self-expression, and for me writing is the best medium. I blame growing up with the fantasy greats, with Tolkien and Lewis and Jordan and de Camp and Eddings.

I have a handful of individuals I consider my close friends, most of which are as strange and eccentric as I am, and some of which post on here. (@Fyrra I'm looking at you.)

I'm also a video game and roleplaying addict, having been raised on Baldur's Gate, Gauntlet, Dark Cloud, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound. (Actually, the first full roleplaying game I ever played and completed was Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on the Super Nintendo. That was an amazing game.) I am also an avid Minecrafter when the opportunity presents itself; Mojang's masterpiece is one of the best creative games I've ever encountered! <3

Unfortunately, it seems for the time being that my roleplaying motivation has flagged. I still want to write, but roleplaying just does not appeal to me at the moment.

I'm an Iowa native, though in the next couple of days I'll be relocating to Massachusetts for an advanced training program for about 4-6 months. I look forward to spending the summer near Boston.

This is a bit more in depth than my introduction thread was, but then, I suppose what Diana wants, Diana gets. If any of you would like to chat, feel free to message me. :)

Last edited:
*takes a bow* My name is Chris, and I'll go by it or C92cool, don't be afraid to call me by my real name. At the moment, I work in retail and go to school to get my degree in English. I began to write many years ago, and slowly I have gotten better and better. Writing is my life, it is my passion, that air that I breath to survive. I plan on becoming a professional writer and getting my works out there in the world, and make a difference with them. At the moment, I post my works on my personal Facebook page, Youtube sometimes, here, Tumblr, and Instagram. Recently, I've been manly writing poetry, but I also write novels and short stories. I've RP'd for years now, and I'm glad about a month ago a classmate introduced me to this place. I love everyone that I have met and RP'd with so far, and I hope to have such enjoyment with people down the road as well. If there's anything else you want to know, or wish for me to post some of my works here, don't be shy and just come on by and ask. I don't bite...much :3

Well hey I'm Hijinkz! I'm currently working at a warehouse making food shipments for restaurants, nursing homes, hotels and camps. It's a night shift job which can be very rough on the rest of my life, but it's not hard and most of the people are funny and nice.

I used to roleplay when I was 14 but with the site I roleplayed on falling into fighting between the original owner and her now ex boyfriend it all ended and I drifted away from online written roleplay for a long time. Now I'm getting back into it and I also know myself better and want to explore new things realm of roleplay instead of just vampires like I did back then. I tend to get really into my characters once I get started and really start to love them. I can't say I have a set type of character to play really though.

In my daily life I'm a polyamorous straight female bodied genderqueer human (or am I?). I currently live with my companion who is a trans female. It mostly for company though we love each other in our own ways.

I love bluejays, bats, cats, and giraffes. I'm pagan and have even been to a pagan festival. I collect TY beanies that I like, gems and stones that call to me, fantasy books, and giraffe things. I love drawing, reading, singing and listening to music, watching tv shows, metaphysics, video games and hanging with friends. I hate spiders, anything fish or seafood, liars and close-minded people.

Hello,

First off, I love God above all.

I enjoy fantasy and fiction several reasons. One, it calms the beast in me. Two, I like writing though I am mediocre in skill and grammar. Third, I enjoy sharing and receiving parts of the world, culture and personalities that I may miss because of work and responsibilities.

When I was single I'd travel the world. Now that I'm married with three children I travel to the doctor, grocery store and my job in the hospital.

Music is important to me, I started later in life but have learned to love the octave mandola - although I own a mandolin, guitar and bass guitar. I have a custom made octave mandola from Scottland.

I have a spouse, kids and dog as aforementioned. But I try to post as much as I can. I like one on ones and small groups. I enjoy players who allow interaction by promoting freeform. Not to say that structure and plotting is bad. I guess I'm a hybrid. I write anywhere between two lines and six to seven paragraphs. Romance, realistic topics, fighting and adventure are all important to me in an RP.

Oh and did I mention that I love to eat? Nom nom nom...

All about me? What if I am uninteresting? Geez, but for you Diana.

My name is Jae call me Jae~

I'm twenty-one years of age, I work as a student and at the store Bath and Body works. I AM female, for any of you who think differently. I just have a love for yaoi more than anything else (as you can see my my picture).
I have a loving boyfriend
I have been roleplaying for a year or so, maybe two but I have always wanted to be a novelist. If I can remember correctly, since I was three years old. I can post around four paragraphs if inspired enough but my average is two. Though just recently I have came down with a severe case of the dreaded writer's block which has put a damper on how fast I reply. Don't forget the fact that I work and attend school. Though, I'll soon be on break for a while.
I have brown ha- nevermind. Should I tell you what I look like? Nah, just imagine that I look like some hot chic off of television. That would be better than my actual appearance.
I am a RPG refugee!!!
I only do M x M roleplays, sometimes M x F if I am able to be the female. I'm not comfortable doing F x F roleplays being that I am a female as well. But for some strange reason I can do yaoi roleplays and not be uncomfortable?? I have no idea I just find yaoi amazing.
I'll roleplay with anyone and everyone as long as they send around not just a one line.
I love Iwaku~

and finally.............................................

I like pie, Mississippi Mudd Pie to be exact!

Okay, see you all later! Hope to roleplay with you sometime soon!

Hello, I suppose! I am an actress as well as a student who at the moment is working and trapped in the mountains! (In the rockies area to be specific) Working at a private resort! I roleplay boy smut constantly, I'm sure that's all I will ever do! ^^; But hey, whatever floats mah boat, right? I actually was on here year ago, but I fell out of love with roleplaying Q_Q But I am back and better than ever and raring to roleplay! I also love cats, anything small, have a legitimate fear of the elderly, and a strange vocabulary (I blame theatre, it does weird things to you)

So there's me! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

2566208-here_we_go_joker_ref_pic_by_sullen_skrewt.jpg

*Shuffles to the side with the cool kids*
*Immediately realizes he's never fit in with the cool kids and awkwardly goes back to his desk at the front of the room*

"Sup?"

Hey all, as you are aware I'm sure my name is Lord Wraith, but you can call me Wraith. I was originally Wraith EXE and have used that name on several sites including Spirtes Inc, deviantArt, and Drunk Duck. I have however sinced passed that name in favour of my self granted Lordship after I realized that naming myself due to being a fan of the Megaman Battle Network series wouldn't exactly work everywhere.

So yes, I got into Roleplaying probably five to six years ago now on a little forum called Sprites Inc. Originally I had only been on that site as an aspiring Sprite Artists but eventually my aspirations turned to story telling through Sprite Comics before I discovered and fell in love with roleplaying. Since then, I've tried a variety of different genres and sites with Roleplayer Guild cultivating my love for Roleplaying before it sadly went offline for a few months. During that time I stayed optimistic it would return and while it did, it's not the same as it was so I decided change might be in order and eventually found Iwaku and I can't say I ever looked back.

That's my roleplaying story at least.

Outside of being Wraith, I am a married twenty four year old Mechanical Draftsman. I've been married to the love of my life for just over a year now and I can't say I regret anything! She's my better half in every way possible, in fact I think I might drag her down (el oh el!). I've recently decided to return to school to upgrade my education because as it stands I only currently possess my high school diploma, two years of unfinished university and a certificate in Auto-CAD. I re-enrolled at a new school for a program in Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Technology with the goal of becoming a Certified Engineering Technologist upon completion.

I'm also Canadian and I love my country. Would I brag it's the best country in the world? Absolutely not, however I wholeheartedly believe it's the best country in the world for me. But yeah I think that's it and now you know a lot more about me!

Also I like pizza.

Like...

A lot.

Ooook... That message was creepy and scary o.o. Anyway... Hey, I'm Dragon. I'm a 25 year old female and I work full time in a pharmacy.

I have a hard time talking about myself unless someone is asking me a question cuz I'm actually really shy. Once someone gets through my shyness though I usually can't stop talking.

Insert shy and nervous pause...

Uh... Love fantasy and most things paranormal. I usually need to have smut in things to keep my attention. I like playing guild wars 2 and reading. Lots and lots of reading @.@. Favorite series: Rachel Morgan, Percy Jackson, Anita Blake and Merry Gentry, Dark-hunters, Vampire Sorority Sisters, and LL Raand's Hunter series.

-Another awkward pause- o.o alright I'm just gonna... -runs away-

I don't know to put this in a paragraph so I'll put it in dot points.

• My name is Phoebe.
  • I'm fifteen.
  • I'm Australian.
  • I'm bisexual, I dig both males and females.
  • I love this K-Pop/C-Pop band called Exo.
  • I normally use the members of Exo as my faceclaim.
  • Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin are my muse.
  • I like to draw.
  • I like to watch anime, my favorite is Deathnote.
  • I like to roleplay dark themes (dystopian, apocalyptic, ect).
  • Wu YiFan is my celebrity crush.
  • I also like to play video games too.
  • I'm currently a highschool student
  • I want to be an animator for Pixar, Dreamworks or Disney.
  • I've been roleplaying for four years now.

So yeah, I can't think of anything else so...

Reactions: Buttercorn
HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm Vex, Byrne, Balthazar, or Travis. Depending on which voice is in control at the time. xD

Nah. My name's really just Travis. I'm a furry and Vexor (Vex for short), Byrne, and Balthazar are my fursonas. Vex being the main one. xP

I'm a Texan with family and friends all over the world. All of the ones I've met irl are in the US, of course. I'm currently job hunting around my hometown (which sucks big time) but may be moving to Colorado at some point in the future. (As in when I'm 18.)

As things are, I may be taking mail-in commissions for poems, stories, and possibly character sheets and game walkthroughs as well.

I also love gaming, roleplay (obviously), music of all kinds (save Bieber's bullcrap), and playing guitar. Also, I'm a bit childish. Okay, very childish, but don't let that dissuade you. I'm very responsible when it comes to paying my debts.

Hullo! I'm Midi, a longtime roleplayer and the cheeriest curmudgeon you'll ever meet. I'm currently a graduate student working on my MA in Literature, a writing tutor at my university, and an adjunct professor of English/Writing at a local technical college. I've been roleplaying in different forms since I was about 9/10 and writing for a little longer than that. Not good stuff, mind you, but it was writing.

Writing and education are two of my biggest passions and the things that consume my daily thoughts besides where I'm going to get more caffeine. You don't have any, do you? I'll cut a bitch for some coffee.

As a writer I love character development and exploring what happens when the usual workings of the mind go astray somehow. Manias, compulsions, trauma, they're all my favorite. I love fantasy too, setting up new worlds, races, magical rules... I take a lot of cues from the Legend of Zelda series as well as Miyazaki with some classical lit and various anime/manga influences thrown in. I'm also a fan of scifi, but I don't care much to play in low-fantasy, high-realism settings, or without subverting common tropes. I typically play strong female characters, powerful children, and psychologically damaged people.

Personally, I love cooking, gardening, video games, and The Sims. Good lord, I love The Sims. Like, a lot. Almost as much as coffee.

HERE I AM, DIANA, HUMORING YOUR CRAZINESS.

I am Shiny, and I have been around here for years and came from the sister site Moonwings. And when I originally joined that my username was Hitsuzen for a short while, 'cause I was obsessed with CLAMP's Tsubasa and xxxHolic series at the time. My real name is Jami and I am a graphic designer, with a degree and everything woo. I also like to draw and paint and I'm working on my illustrating skills. I love to read, especially fantasy related books, modern or otherwise. Adventure and horror are also genres I really enjoy. I like to roleplay but I'm currently in a bit a dry spell. I like playing all manners of characters, male, female, happy, grumpy, slightly crazy or really shy or cute.
I'm currently drowning myself in Sailor Moon and Steven Universe fandom. And Homestuck, I really like that too (currently reading it for the second time). I also waste a lot of my time on youtube watching funny gaming channels like GameGrumps and Pewdiepie. And uh what else.... I like snowcones and green apples... and cheesecake.

I'm a sophomore nursing student that has always had a knack for writing. I spend much of my time in isolation during breaks and use that time to hown my writing skills by role playing. I love to read. My friends refer to me as the queen bitch because of my honesty. I'm not very interesting so that is all.

In real life I am a married House Elf that lives with a bunch of men! I am also a real Disney Princess. I am super girly, am surrounded by cats, love glitter and rainbows, and I break in to song about everything. Everything. I sang half of that sentence in my head while typing it. >>
By "that sentence," were you referring to "I am super girly..." or "Everything"?

If that question alone doesn't tell you enough about me, I'll give you some more. ^^

I like to smile. I love to laugh. I give everyone warm hugs, but after two decades I have yet to share my first kiss. I'm an incorrigible shipper, regardless of the roleplay I'm in. I don't play guys very often because I feel like my guys are always close to the same; however, every guy I do play is created with a specific girl in mind: Cal for Ingrid, Dean for Mailah, Deacon for Elysia, and so on. I'm definitely more comfortable as a girl, though.

I will always be in a Fantasy roleplay. I step into other genres as well (Modern, Sci-fi, or certain Fanfics), but I'll never be without a fantasy. Something about magic, and adventure, and strange races and cultures appeals to me like nothing else.

I am very guarded about my language. I work to keep my grammar correct and my spelling perfect. I never use profanities because if I can't find a precise word, whatever I was going to say isn't worth saying. When I'm upset or angry, I force myself away from the keyboard until I've regained control of myself. I've learned very well that words can cut deeper than any knife, and that's a power I'm afraid to use callously. I try to stay positive, be smiley and enthusiastic, and bite back my rage. When I joined Iwaku, this is who I decided I wanted to be.

It's not at all who I was offline. I was slow to approach people, quick to judge them, and felt very isolated. It's been only five months now, but I've changed so much that I can hardly believe who I used to be. I look at people and think, "What's her story? What does he feel? What are his goals? What did she dream of doing while she was a child?" I smile at complete strangers and wish them a good day. I go to church confidently and socialize with the people, even contribute my voice in Sunday School. It's not only Iwaku that has changed me so, but I do know that roleplaying is a huge part of this miraculous transformation.

That felt really mushy by the end. >_< Truly, I've met some of the greatest people here. I've met so many people that are similar to me: fangirls that fawn over fantastic manga or anime; helpless romantics that ship characters and squeee~ with abandon; pun-loving persons that will like even the lamest of wordplay; and tale-tellers, story-weavers, and bards-to-be that understand what it means to step into another's shoes for a time and bring the best of them back with you. I used to think I was the only person like me I'd ever meet; now I think there are so many people like me I'll never have the time to meet them all. But I really want to try! ^_^

I am RayChel--the one and only, yet just one of many. Thank you for taking the time to read about me; now you know more about me than 99% of my hometown. (And I say town loosely; we're barely more than an outpost by modern standards >_<) I love talking to people, so if you have questions (or I made a mistake somewhere) please message me. ^^

I hope you'll all have a wonderful day. And if it's a really bad day, just remember this: plants grow best with lots of fertilizer. :wink:

All? Well, alright, You're the boss lady.

I am Thomas McTavish. Both parts of that name are part of an alias, and neither of them part of my real name. I have been a member of Iwaku for a bit over a year now, and have had two hiatus periods. I am 16 years of age, and live in a shit city in a shit county in a decent state in a bad country with horrid government. By this, I mean I live somewhere in Florida, USA. I have a strong dislike for government, and do not usually respect authority unless that authority has given me reason to respect it (such as Iwaku Staffers and Admins being better at everything about writing than I am). My personality is... variable dependent on my mood. Or maybe I mean 'behavior'. I dunno. I often have difficulty picking the right words I want to use, and my message doesn't always come out clear. I also tend to digress and ramble, as I am doing now.

As I said, my mood dictates how I act/portray myself. Sometimes I'm energetic and fun, sometimes I'm in a everything-can-piss-off mood, at times I'm a psychotic bastard, and occasionally I'm a self-hating, socially awkward little shit. I often don't reveal my emotions, not wanting to burden anyone, but I gladly let people burden me with them. Sometimes I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in my head, and often argue with myself. I also hate being younger than almost everyone I'm able to get along with (the CBox regulars, for example).

Enough about my issues, though. I enjoy playing with Legos, spending time with close friends, and writing. My areas of roleplaying interest include, many types of Fantasy, Sci-Fi, multiverses, and post-apocalyptic situations.
I eat damn near anything and everything. I love coffee AND tea, though my girlfriend hates both.
Oh, yeah, I have a girlfriend.
Of teas, I prefer black teas.
I would have to say the roleplay I'm most proud of in terms of subject is SIMULTANEOUS, despite it's god-awfully slow pace. It's not the easiest of things to write, but reading the posts is worth the wait. I love bringing out people's creativity.

And on a side note, the Avatar I am using as I write this is the same I used when I first joined Iwaku.

My most favorite things ever are two contradicting things: Raging, blazing, hungry fires and loud, powerful, heavy rainstorms.

Hello there~
Madison here~
Or just Maddy.

I'm a strange mix of anime, drawing, college soccer, and all things nautical. Although college is a struggle due to the fact that I'm not quite sure the direction I'd like to go in life yet, but all in all it's been fun.
My plot candy is exactly the same as yours Diana ^^ ROMANCE ROMANCE ROMANCE. You give me some good romance and maybe a little action or adventure now and then and I'm all for it. I'm much more interested in 1x1 roleplay than group roleplays though. Big group roleplays don't really do it for me.

I'm a huge peoples person (: Very open and love to laugh. I'm not very open with my real friends about my love of roleplaying and anime though. Sometimes I get scared that they won't accept me anymore. That being said, I'm perfectly happy just keeping it to myself.

Hopefully one day I can get over my fear of being judged for loving anime and manga though, because I have a great aspiration to become a famous mangaka. It's just a long standing dream of mine that I'm not willing to give up on, even if it is a little impractical and unlikely to happen.~

Ah...hi! Nice to see everybody. I am Yami, but my nickname is currently in the avatar picture. Anyone know it/want to guess?

I'm normally pretty quiet, so I don't have a lot to say on most occasions, but I spend a lot of time coming up with story ideas and characters. I have always been very interested in fairy tales and fantasy stories, so I tend to go toward those kinds of roleplays as well.
Character-wise, I have been a lot of catboys lately. I really like being a neko. I also end up playing a lot of shy boys and slightly quirky people.

Anime, manga, video games, and cosplay tend to take up my time when I'm not roleplaying, studying, trying to learn a foreign language, or drawing. I am currently in the process of learning four languages, which is pretty fun. I sometimes draw my own characters for roleplays, but I'm starting to use images from the internet more.

I think that's all that is currently relevant. I'll probably suddenly think of something I should have added in the middle of the night, though. That tends to be a habit with me...

Okay so some creepy banners brought me here. Here you go Diana..

I don't much like these types of things but here is a little about me.

I'm a small town gal even though I live in the city. I'll be 23 years old this year and I have a pet dog. She is quite something else. Well I work two jobs with only one day off to support my family.

Due to my two jobs, my schedule is hectic and thus why I'm on as sporadically as I am. I always popping in to check on my rps and beable to come up with responses though I can't post in more then one unless I have my computer.

okay, not sure what more to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.