Getting to Know You

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sees banner with my name on it* Must make Diana happy

Ok, so... My name is PhoenixXeno. I'm female. I will be 20 next month. I live in the US.

I have a part time that doesn't give me enough hours (:c)

I have 2 furry babies (:3) I live with my parents and older brother. I am a college student that will hopefully be transferring to a university next year to pursue my creative writing major/ business writing minor. I am a huge animation nerd; put me in front of Disney or Don Bluth stuff and I'll be happy. I got into gaming shortly after I turned 18. I mostly play RPGs but want to steal some of my brother's games to play with. I am also on fanfiction.net (AkrennianPhantomLady) and Deviantart (LadyTAE). Writing is my passion and I want to be an author.

I have been role playing since before my senior year of high school. I was on a RP site that a then-friend made and I was hooked. She made me a moderator and then an admin. I left in April because 1- I wasn't really into the site anymore, 2- It went inactive and it drove me insane (I got some friends on there), and 3- I felt that the said then-friend was restricting me and she was also talking about me behind my back about a fandom I've been a part of since 2011. So I left and tried RPGuild but I couldn't really find anyone to RP with so I came here. I also RP on and off with people on Deviantart. i was part of a Skyrim RP group that I ultimately couldn't get invested in. And that is my somewhat sad tale of my RP life.

I like to role play because it exposes me to other ideas for my stories (I'm not out to steal anyone's ideas, I promise!). I normally don't do one-liners unless it's in the PMs... I normally go for 1-2+ paragraphs. I like making my RP partners comfortable and let them have first pick on character roles unless I really want a certain character.

I guess those are my secrets hurr-hurr. Oh! And also I am quirky (in a good way, I think), and I love being with weird, quirky people (you guys and most of my RL friends <3)

Okay as I saw the little banner thingy clickable... what do you call that thing that popped up... ahem where was I
Oh right, since I saw that, I figured I might as well drop by and drop a line as well. For no apparent reason.

I'm 24 at the moment, married, live in the Netherlands, though I'm originally from Alamogordo, NM (USA). Got a dual nationality so that basically means I can live wherever the heck I want (Within those two countries >.>) Hub really wants to go to the USA some day, and live there, so chances are I'll move back eventually XD No idea where.

I work in the film industry, was taught how to operate a camera, edit, set the lighting, record sound, and I specialized myself in writing scripts and directing. So all in all I would say I'm an allround film person. Not that that's an official title, but it works.
I'm currently also taking acting classes. I've told people that's because I want to get a better understanding as a director what it's like for an actor to receive instructions, but secretly I'm really really liking it. Today a news blurb popped up that they're looking for dancers in a historical film because the original dancers didn't fit the costumes. And it's right my size they're looking for so I might volunteer XD Not that I have a lot of ballroom dancing experience, but that's beside the point.
I did however practice ballet for 3 or 4 years, so I do have some dancing background.

Anyway, I deeply love roleplaying. Somewhere 2006 I was playing a game called Wonderland Online, and for some tips and hints and the like I was actively part of a small forum based website with all the information on that game. In someone's signature I saw cute little critters, followed them, came to a site full of them, and the forum that was based linked to that site. Fell in love with written roleplaying, forgot all about the game and stuck around.
Stuff happened, long story short I'm now no longer part of that site, but still craved roleplaying, looked up what other roleplaying sites there were, and came here. TADA

I have a wide range of things that I love to write about/as, and have way too many ideas to all be able to do in one go, so I'm realizing I have to slow down a bit before I overload myself XD

Don't have work at the moment, so I don't really have to worry about not having enough time here as well.

I guess that concludes at least some parts of my story.

'Sup. I'm PlayingMonster. When I'm not roleplaying, I'm likely to be found reading, playing guitar or working on my novel(s). I did NaNoWriMo in 2013, and am doing Camp NaNoWriMo in July.

I've always got my iPod and headphones on me, and am usually listening to music. I'm currently teaching myself to play guitar, both electric and acoustic.

I just finished City Of Heavenly Fire and am a tad emotionally compromised but loved it. I met Cassie a few days ago and she was lovely.

Hello, I'm Maddeline. In real life I don't do much and am a social outcast.

I live in the south, and I do enjoy the beautiful nature scene around me...not too keen on the people though.
Being part of the Bible Belt makes it hard on me since I am a head strong bisexual girl. Most of my family avoids me or try to "pray the gay away", which is quite disturbing.

I have history of self harm and have even went to an insane asylum after pulling out my own stitches. Later, I got into heroine which was a horrible idea, because it took me months to straighten back out.
I'm a pretty tortured soul with a lot of experience in a lot of things that most 17 years old shouldn't, and being in a family of people that don't understand that makes it suck ass even more.
I role play to escape my daily life, because on here people don't judge me for my past or my lifestyle...and I appreciate that.

DAina you scared the Sh*t out of meeeee T^T
i wake up and go online to see the baner with my name on it scared me because i thought it was a stalker. next time warn meeeeeee about this *pout*

this is me

my name is isabella never telling you my last i live in north amarica wish i live in russia. im a high school student thats hoping she going to greade 10 im young never ask a lady her age. i have a dog named buddy

my secaret issssss none of your bees and monckeys

i have a think for monkeys and cheascake. i dont have many friends i hate where i live

my greamer sucks my spelling sucks so i faild engilsh i bet.

not so long ago i lost my ds game pokemonX! (which cost me 50$) im still crying right now and i have a ds 3D
i love rping but for awhile now i have not been able to keep up because of school and exams i am hoping this summer for some great stuff to happen

also I Cant wait for the gay pride on agust im going on my brithday

ps i had no idea what im writing or what to write so sorry if i jump from place to place im just wird like that

1395804649970.gif

Hi Dianaaaaaa. :3c I'm still really new to the site, but I'm having a ton of fun here. In real life, I'm a receptionist by day and a busy artist by night! I'm currently working on the script to a webcomic which will probably consume me for the rest of my natural life. But it's full of vampires and anxiety disorders, so that's worth it. Around here I mostly just play angry characters with people problems and fall way behind on character portrait requests. :D

I suppose it's time to shed some light on the tall, dark, handsome, and mysterious stranger with the impossible name. Here on Iwaku, I am known as Nivansrywyllian, Ai-chan, Ailslyn, and Ails. In the outside world, I've been called Devin, Dalvion, Diluvian, and Devi-licious. No really, the people I hang with love nicknames.

As to what I do, I'm a volunteer coordinator for the Non-Profit Arts school that I attend. When I'm not learning Muay Thai, fencing, stick-fighting, or massage therapy there, I'm working to bring our volunteer students down upon whatever task needs doing, like a hellish typhoon of cleanliness and repair.

Despite a long absence from Iwaku, I've come back to see some old friends, and to make some new ones. My brainspace lives in Post Apocalyptia, and occasionally I'll drift off and dream a fond little dream of being lost in the shattered remnants of what was once my world, with only my wits, training, and steely resolve to survive, to keep me from turning into the one being hunted.

Also also, I experiment with lucid dreaming for funsies.

I'm Saren.

Yes, Saren Arterius. I'm not dead. Please don't try to shoot me again, that was really painful and mean. :[ I'm not really Saren.

I'm 20 and am pretty much obsessed with anything video game related. My current loves are Guns of Icarus, AC4, and League of Legends. I'm a junior in college for technical communications and am aspiring to be an author someday. Roleplaying helps me flesh out ideas and see how my characters interact with others. It's also a great way for me to get my obsession of dragons out of the way, because I love them. I have three folders of dragon pictures on my computer and am in the process of giving them names. They're all my children. :D

Outside of that, I'm a not so normal girl with loves related to table top gaming, Magic the Gathering and other tcg games, aaaaand cats. I'm a cat lover. I will get a cat and name it Saren and it'll probably get cybernetic implants and try to kill me. Great plan!

Nobody told me there'd be a test....Well if you insist but I warn you my head is a not exactly in good order right now.

Let's see...My favorite thing in the world is anything with an engine. I always been fascinated by the workings of anything mechanical. Life seems to make the most sense when I've got a wrench in my hand.

I also enjoy running and rock climbing. Indeed anything that raises the ole heart beat is good in my book. And anyone who knows me knows that I have an extreme weakness for pretty faces. My taste in music is pretty far spread. I can do classic one moment, country the next, and metal yet again.

My favorite colour is red followed by black then dark blue. And I absolutely despise what Americans have done with the English language. I mean speak and write it properly or find another language you yanks. Oh I am Canadian by the way. I really could care less about maple syrup though.

Which brings me to my final point. I firmly believe everyone should be forced to live healthy.

If you want my secrets, you've found the goldmine, for I am but a miserable pile of those, and (not-so-secretly) I'm not even a man! Whatever that means.

My name is Fyrra, at least for this site, and I'm obsessed with stories. (Hi Fyrra!) This most likely started somewhere in my childhood, possibly after I was given a super nintendo cartridge for FF VI and found the stories of Terra Branford, a sword-wielding wizard who torched a hundred battle mech soldiers in under three minutes, and Celes Cher, a knight who looked at her high-ranking station in life and decided that those in power were in the wrong, and she would not stand for it. I think that might have been the first time I ever harbored thoughts equating feminine traits with badassery. Then, FFT came out when I was eight years old, and I had my own party of generic characters to develop. But first, I had to get through the first fight, and my stubborn self kept trying to get through the Garland fight with just Ramza and Delita, for hours, and I could only control Ramza against four opponents of equal strength and an enemy healer, and no way to heal Ramza or Delita. I'd get three of the enemies killed off on some runs, but it wasn't until the next time I gave it a shot that I realized I could have brought an entire party into the fight. Then I felt silly.

As I grew older, I grew more withdrawn. There were fights, usually with older family members, and anyone who approached me for friendship, I tended to reject. I can accept that any sort of loneliness that developed as a result of that was my own doing, but it also led to me exploring roleplaying sites: places where people are a lot more accepting and less judgmental than the southern US. I could talk with people about my hobbies, and actually hold a conversation without it devolving into derogatory statements. I could learn about other peoples' hobbies without becoming bored. I could have actual… well, digital friends. Meanwhile, my parents were pressuring me to date someone, because I never brought anyone home and they thought it was weird.

Eventually I did decide contact with other people would be healthy for me if it wasn't forced, but these days I'm still debating that. I'm only somewhat social offline, and most of my company consists of gamers and tabletop enthusiasts. Recently, I've introduced a few people to the Temple of Elemental Evil game from 2003, and Warband, and a bunch of other obscure titles that should probably be classed as addictive substances. I've also sang a few songs with people, in public.

Yo Mama, by Frank Zappa, was one I sang with a boy in high school. I actually burned several copies of the Sheik Yerbouti album and passed them around in school, which was how the boy learned about Zappa. The teachers caught me, but they didn't punish me for it. "Just don't sing Jewish Princess or Bobby Brown where we can hear you, Fyrra." I've maintained contact with that guy, but we don't talk as much lately.

I also sang another of Zappa's songs, Dirty Love, in a karaoke bar last year.

If you can't tell, I became something of a fangirl. I don't have much of an interest in the fandom-roleplay scene, but I do collect anything with a fun story, from old video games (many of them fan-translated) to books to movies to indie games and VNs. I also have a choose-your-own-adventure series on another site that I've been neglecting a little bit now that I have things to do during the week, and plan to write a few stories for publishing once I'm at least a little bit satisfied with my technique. I've also been toying with the idea of making a few indie games myself, but that's a project better left alone for a few years.

And sometimes, I read peoples' private roleplay threads here.

Haaaaaiiiiii~

500px-Mr_popo_s_deadly_eyes_by_khmaivietboi-d2yjspi.jpg

Well, it seems as though my patron or shall I say Matron of silliness must be sated. Who am I to deny her?

My name is Rosie, though my actual name is Noel, only a rare few call me by such a crass title. I much prefer to be called by my chosen name thank you very much. Currently I am a photography Student in my senior year of high school! Such excite, many wow! I have been roleplaying for six years even though then, it wasn't exactly called "roleplaying". I have been writing since I was 6 years old, not when I was taught you silly sly kittens who think you are so clever. But when I began to branch out creatively. My mother is a banker and writer in disguise, she is most well known for her poetry, and known by me for Cavity Hill. My obsessions include;
  1. The Color Purple
  2. Cats
  3. Video games
  4. Tumblr
  5. Baking
  6. Photography
  7. Anything art related
  8. Painting
  9. The western Zodiac
  10. Runes
  11. Autocorrect fails
  12. Animals
  13. GFXING
  14. Gif reaction responses
You get the point, my obsession list is lengthy. If I were to belong in a clique, I suppose I would be considered an outcast stoner? Though I rarely have the munchies due to substances. I like art, and being creative. I always feel a need to express myself and the opinions I am going to preach and attempt to shove down your throat. I am a sagittarius after all.

fabulous-gif.gif

Hmm, what else to tell? I am currently working on a project which I expect to take off next week, I hope that it goes well and many iwakuvians to join. I am a proud community volunteer because I am most site spirited and I absolutely adore this place. There are so many things to do... and improve... and and... people to meet! I just get so overexcited.

So-excited-gif3.gif

Anyways... :3 That's me in the simple tongue. I am pretty honest and straightforward with myself and past and all that jazz. So if you ever need someone to watch a musical or Disney movie with, I am your girl!

tony-stark-blows-kisses.gif

Kisses
-Rosie

Last edited:
I am called "Abbie." I organize roleplays. Not as a GM would, but as a statistician would. I chart all the characters as my way of keeping track of who's who. I also like maps and structures like class and race. I am racist: I prefer hobbits over orcs. Grammar is important to me and punctuation is more important to me, apostrophes in particular. I should write a poem about apostrophes, for they are dear to me. Adverbs are my favorite type of word. They make things fun. Spitting violently and spitting sadly give two entirely different visual images.

Bitterblue, I am also a Christian, and I like Doctor Who, though I'm not sure about being a Whovian. Would you be interested to know the personality types of the incarnations of the doctor? (One of my hobbies is socionics, and it's how I met my boyfriend. [I am demisexual and avoid roleplaying romance.]) I love Lord of the Rings more than I love any other fandom. I am currently reading "Peter Pan," and it is weird.

I have an associate's degree in early childhood education and I work as a graphic artist/assistant manager at a sign/art supplies/misc. shop my parents own. My favorite roleplaying genres are medieval/fantasy and superheroes, though I might try anything not based on demons or fandoms. And I'm going to be late for church if I don't go soon, so I'm posting this now.

I am also a biker, an alto, and a skilled knitter. A doctor told me I was "born 40 years old," which would make me age 63.

Last edited:
Hello. I am Melia. Cat lover and music lover. Ace. (But I appreciate aesthetic beauty mhm) Atheist. Minnesoootan. Gluten free (I have celiac disease- no I'm not a hipster fad follower) I'm addicted to Starbucks. (Yeah I'm one of those people) I am a laaady but I like to roleplay guys. (??¿¿?) I sell cars, rent cars and trucks for my real life job. I have loved role playing since I was in highschool. So that's... Hmm... 12 years of roleplaying. I will let you do the math on that ;) Holla at those in my age bracket.

In my free time I like to art and read and other projects and obviously roleplaying. I'm also a total neat freak so I clean a lot. And I can be a bit of a workaholic sometimes. But that's because I'm one of those few people who actually likes my job. Imagine that.

I do not like superhero movies, stories whatever. I don't get the whole hype over those... I don't like Supernatural either. Doctor Who is cool but I'm not like... Super fan girl or anything. Ooh ooh my favorite tv show right now is Hannibal. I only really can handle one tv show at a time I do not know how people do tons at a time. I love Disney movies though!!! Oh. And Ender's game. The book. The movie was painful. Beautiful. And lovely music. But painful. I don't know anything about game of thrones. Sorry. I have little interest in it.

I LOVE TO GO TO CONCERTS! mm that's my lifeblood right there. Especially when it's a band I really love. Particularly Muse which is where most of my fangirl energy goes. Also hence my main character Matt who has taken up permanent residence in my head and refuses to go away. Such a stubborn little shit.

@Diana I still want to roleyplay with you sometime.

[Gypsy stands in a doorway facing the crowd as she gently pushes her glasses up like a nerd.]

Why did you want to know me? Well I guess I don't mind revealing a bit. But no more stalking me! I'm.... Sensitive.

My name does not matter if you don't know it by now, so please feel free to call me Gypsy. I work three jobs and yet I somehow still have free time on my hands. I work as a manager for a fast food joint known as McDonalds (no I am not fat because I work here you stereotypical bast-), I do body work and paint for cars mainly for my friends now days, then last but not least I am a part time literature teacher for my community. Teaching is my favorite thing to do but I do not work for the school system. I am actually hired through the library to teach different classes and offer tutoring. My classes include Grades 5-8, 9-12 and college. I even do adult classes for those who wish to learn how to write or produce novel quality pieces. After juggling all these jobs I still have free time! It's amazing!

Something else that you may want to know is that I have a serious attitude, but that can change if I am in a group positive aura which allows me to adapt emotionally. I can pick up on others emotions to simply put it. Even though I tend to be serious on many matters I like to believe I am nice to most. The reason why I say "most" is because I do know how to bite and I love to bite.... A lot.

What else did you want to know? My roleplaying habits?

I believe roleplaying is a fun, active way to build a sense of writing while writing with other people gives you plenty of room to expand ideas. I have used roleplaying as examples in my classes. My personal preferences of genres is Fantasy, Modern, and Sci-Fi. Unfortunately I do stray away from OnexOne's and Jump Ins though I have started a few. You will find me at my best in group roleplays.

I hope to make some new friends! See you all some other time.

Hello, I'm me! I work in a bank as a floor manager, and a supervisor whenever one calls in, or we start getting too many customers... I don't really enjoy my job, but it pays well, and I really can't complain. xD

I enjoy writing. It's my escape from reality, and my peace. Nothing can make me angry or upset here... Writing allows me experience things I'll never be able to experience in real life. It's how I see the world, and much farther beyond.

There's not much else I can tell you, except I'm a romantic, like Diana. I don't ERP very well, but I can write you a fantastic love story that'll make you cry your eyes out, and want to throw your monitor across the room! Lol

Anyways, I'm me, and there's not much more to tell, really...

My name is ComradeSenpai. To my friends, I'm still ComradeSenpai because I don't share contact info over the web.

I really just came here to play games.

About me personally? Not much. I've been playing Dragon's Dogma a lot recently.
I can also draw decently well, but I'm pretty lazy about it.

Dear Admin Diana,

You gave me a mini heart attack when I saw my username.

I think you know I'm a fan of you. /creepy grin
Fellow real life Mary Sue with Anti-Sue traits.

Aged twenty but doesn't look it, daughter of an ex-military pilot, gaming/animation student who just can't technology-don't judge, wannabe voice actress, multilingual wannabe polyglot, big sister to two adorable li'l girls and little sister to a cool big bro, Temper Tantrum's...hihi it's a secret but you know we come in a set, can invent disastrous but delicious dishes, clumsy, was kidnapped once, has a strangely good memory for scents, also strangely good spatial reasoning, probably asked you or someone you know who you're voting for during the last elections [phone interviewer], roleplaying to improve my writing and social skills

I am "Lorchenne". The username comes from the Old English lorchen, meaning "to lurk" which I did for a few days before I signed up here a year ago. I do it in every site I'm interested in before signing up. Iwaku is a beautiful site where the Admin presence is warm and not too domineering [where I'm involved ] and the writers/roleplayers are excellently creative and unique. I came here for the roleplay and stayed for the community. Thrilled to have an Iwaku Anniv!

Dear Admin Diana,

You gave me a mini heart attack when I saw my username.

I think you know I'm a fan of you. /creepy grin
Fellow real life Mary Sue with Anti-Sue traits.

Aged twenty but doesn't look it, daughter of an ex-military pilot, gaming/animation student who just can't technology-don't judge, wannabe voice actress, multilingual wannabe polyglot, big sister to two adorable li'l girls and little sister to a cool big bro, Temper Tantrum's...hihi it's a secret but you know we come in a set, can invent disastrous but delicious dishes, clumsy, was kidnapped once, has a strangely good memory for scents, also strangely good spatial reasoning, probably asked you or someone you know who you're voting for during the last elections [phone interviewer], roleplaying to improve my writing and social skills

I am "Lorchenne". The username comes from the Old English lorchen, meaning "to lurk" which I did for a few days before I signed up here a year ago. I do it in every site I'm interested in before signing up. Iwaku is a beautiful site where the Admin presence is warm and not too domineering [where I'm involved ] and the writers/roleplayers are excellently creative and unique. I came here for the roleplay and stayed for the community. Thrilled to have an Iwaku Anniv!
Um I think she gave us all a mini heart attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.