Game 2 Mafia Day Thread

Hey folks sorry I've not been particularly active but honestly? There wasn't anything but baseless speculation for a long time here. Also, whoever the mafia are they must be real killjoys, think about it, they've taken out the two most playful and entertaining players when given the opportunity to kill. At the start of the game, both Dittles and IntrusivePenDesperateSword were making jokes, using emojis and just generally showing enthusiasm, whereas most of you seem to take a much more serious approach to the game. See how similar their first comments are?
VIOLENCE! >8"D
REVOLUTION!

I mean, seriously, the mafia needs to get off their butts and do stuff.

Just kidding, it would be nice to avoid just that.
Unfortunately it's very difficult to narrow things down based on just that alone, because only @Joan and @Kiilgore voiced conerns over this (and I know I was called out for using emojis too because I didn't realise that no-one seems to actually use them on this site and I'm just accustomed to using them everywhere else...my apologies). I can't say I'm especially suspicious of one person over another because I can only infer from conversations between the rest of you, however I'm less suspicious of @Joan because of how useful and comprehensive her theories have been for the town, and @djinnamon because like me he's not really said much so I can't judge his character and I think it's unlikely he has any abilities otherwise I'm guessing he'd be around more often so that he can utilise them. Previously I've abstained from lynching because it would do the innocent more harm than good, and although I don't think it's fair to lynch anybody with the flimsy evidence we have, now is the time for action, otherwise we'll all sit back and chat while the mafia pick us off one by one. So for the time being, I think I'll go with the majority vote. I'll try to contribute more if I can think of anything else that might help to narrow things down.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I am considering whether or not I should extend the discussion phase again, any input is welcome.

I am considering whether or not I should extend the discussion phase again, any input is welcome.

How long does it go to currently? I do think we probably need another day or two for discussion.

How long does it go to currently? I do think we probably need another day or two for discussion.
Ends in 8 minutes currently. I agree, I think a couple more days would be best to conclude discussion.

• Thank You
The discussion phase is being extended another two days, to 7:30 pm (GMT) Sunday. Please aim to wrap up your discussions within this time.

Hey folks sorry I've not been particularly active but honestly? There wasn't anything but baseless speculation for a long time here. Also, whoever the mafia are they must be real killjoys, think about it, they've taken out the two most playful and entertaining players when given the opportunity to kill. At the start of the game, both Dittles and IntrusivePenDesperateSword were making jokes, using emojis and just generally showing enthusiasm, whereas most of you seem to take a much more serious approach to the game. See how similar their first comments are?

Unfortunately it's very difficult to narrow things down based on just that alone, because only @Joan and @Kiilgore voiced conerns over this (and I know I was called out for using emojis too because I didn't realise that no-one seems to actually use them on this site and I'm just accustomed to using them everywhere else...my apologies). I can't say I'm especially suspicious of one person over another because I can only infer from conversations between the rest of you, however I'm less suspicious of @Joan because of how useful and comprehensive her theories have been for the town, and @djinnamon because like me he's not really said much so I can't judge his character and I think it's unlikely he has any abilities otherwise I'm guessing he'd be around more often so that he can utilise them. Previously I've abstained from lynching because it would do the innocent more harm than good, and although I don't think it's fair to lynch anybody with the flimsy evidence we have, now is the time for action, otherwise we'll all sit back and chat while the mafia pick us off one by one. So for the time being, I think I'll go with the majority vote. I'll try to contribute more if I can think of anything else that might help to narrow things down.
I'm honestly not sure what to make of this.... it seems really odd to me that the mafia would have such a bizarre target pattern. Albeit not much of a pattern, but still. Why? Any theories, guys?

I'm honestly not sure what to make of this.... it seems really odd to me that the mafia would have such a bizarre target pattern. Albeit not much of a pattern, but still. Why? Any theories, guys?

Well, it would be a lot more helpful if we knew who they targeted first night...Other than that, well, I honestly don't have any ideas that I haven't presented already.

• Thank You
Reactions: Starlighter
Well I'm happy to vote with the majority either way because I agree that the mafia's system for targeting people is just odd and this seems to be the only way to narrow it down.

The discussion phase is over, and the voting phase now begins. The voting phase is currently scheduled to end on Wednesday 7:30pm (GMT), but extensions are possible. Four votes are needed to vote someone up to judge them as either guilty or innocent.

Four votes are needed to vote someone up to judge

Just wondering, wouldn't it be 5? (Because if it was four, since there are 8 people left, then it would be theoretically possible to get at a 4v4 When it comes to voting. In scaling it down to if it's a 2town 2mafia left or 1town, 1maf left situation, the town could still win, even though town normally gets 'endgamed' at that point.)

(Yes, you are the mod of this game so you do decide the rules. Just making sure for future consistency/clarification (since most games do 'more than half' to Lynch.))

Anyways. Abstaining, unless absolute proof can be provided. I'm worried about accidentally lynching the jester. If we get the jester and are unlucky, we get put into lylo/mylo (assuming dead mayor.) (depending on the above ruling) (jester kills town. Maf gets town. Becomes 3-2)

• Useful
Reactions: Daz
Just wondering, wouldn't it be 5? (Because if it was four, since there are 8 people left, then it would be theoretically possible to get at a 4v4 When it comes to voting. In scaling it down to if it's a 2town 2mafia left or 1town, 1maf left situation, the town could still win, even though town normally gets 'endgamed' at that point.)

(Yes, you are the mod of this game so you do decide the rules. Just making sure for future consistency/clarification (since most games do 'more than half' to Lynch.))

Anyways. Abstaining, unless absolute proof can be provided. I'm worried about accidentally lynching the jester. If we get the jester and are unlucky, we get put into lylo/mylo (assuming dead mayor.) (depending on the above ruling) (jester kills town. Maf gets town. Becomes 3-2)
I said half to lynch, so I'm sticking with that until at least the end of this game, primarily for the sake of consistency. Since there are fewer town roles than in other forms of Mafia, I also think it's fair to give the town a slight advantage with voting.

The first person with four votes will be voted up first; if they are voted innocent rather than guilty, then the next person who gets four votes will be voted up. As for the one v one scenario, I may not have forgotten to previously mention this, but neither player can vote the other up- two votes are a minimum to vote someone up, regardless of the half rule. So the mafia still auto-win in a 1 v 1 situation.

Voting up @Luster, since that still seems like the best option to me.

I am with @Kiilgore abstaining my vote. Not enough evidence to prove Luster is mafia.

I'm with Joan. Voting up @Luster

I didn't get any alerts. Luster for me.

I said I'd go with the majority so... Luster it is. Sorry buddy.

@Luster Now has four votes and has been voted up. You all have until Friday 7:30pm (GMT) to vote on whether or not Luster should be lynched. You can vote innocent, guilty, or abstain. More guilty than innocent votes or equal guilty and innocent votes will lead to Luster being lynched and the voting phase ending. More innocent than guilty votes or no guilty or innocent votes will stop Luster from being lynched, after which you may vote someone else up. If you require clarification on these rules feel free to ask.