Game 2 Mafia Day Thread

Hmmm... so Dittles wasn't the jester. I guess I was wrong about that. Now I honestly don't know who it is... but I strongly suspect @Luster for being that or the mafia.

Once again, we got nothing that I can see.

( Unless of course I am wrong and the jester isn't immune to nightkills)

Hmmm... so Dittles wasn't the jester. I guess I was wrong about that. Now I honestly don't know who it is... but I strongly suspect @Luster for being that or the mafia.

Once again, we got nothing that I can see.

( Unless of course I am wrong and the jester isn't immune to nightkills)
The jester is immune to night kills, so can only die by lynching.

I haven't got anything substantial. I think I'll just kick back and see what happens.

Ffff-

Okay, think think think...So Dittles was town of some sort, and mafia had reason to kill her...

Damn it, I may already have a theory, but I'll need a little while to work it out and think it over before I say anything else.

Well this throws a wrench in my theory so far XD Off the top of my head I have no idea what to think. I'll get back to y'all when I've had a chance to check on some things...

Reactions: Joan
I assume this means we're going to wait another night. Fine enough to me.

I assume this means we're going to wait another night. Fine enough to me.

No, it just means people have been thinking. :P

My thoughts so far can be summed up like this:

Dipper, you were absolutely, positively, 100% right about Dittles' faction. That either means that you made an extremely good guess, that you were the detective, or that there were some rule-breaking conversations. But let's move on from that and try to figure out why Dittles would have been targeted by the mafia.

Now, the way I see it, the mafia could have been selecting randomly, but I think that the people I've seen speaking at all have been generally smart and would probably have an element of strategy to their gameplay. With that being said, I'm thinking...If I were mafia, why would I target Dittles? These are the reasons I can think of off the top of my head.

-Dipper is mafia and made a lucky guess, then went public with it, then killed Dittles to throw suspicion off of himself.

-Dipper is the detective or a very smart townie, and the mafia killed Dittles to throw suspicion on him.

However, these completely contradict each other, and that makes me wary to trust either without some proof. So, in my opinion, we're back to looking at Luster.

Now, this is a point where I'm scared to death of lynching a townie. We've already made it to our third day with no major leads, and while we have a substantial number of us left, it feels smaller because only a few of us have been talking.

So, this is the point where it feels logical to ask a question.

@djinnamon, @Lost-and-Bewildered, @Kiilgore, @Luster, @LuckycoolHawk9, even @Dipper and @Starlighter...

What are your thoughts? The ones of you listed first especially, I need to hear you. I've barely heard from you ones listed first.

So it doesn't look like life is going to give me the time I need to do the in depth analysis I had planned XD My brain is so fried...

Buuut I did finally have some thoughts that y'all can chew on, don't be surprised if they're mega flawed though.

Following the theory of @Dipper potentially being the detective, there are a few things to consider. First of all, the fact that he defended Dittles (who has now been proven innocent) has the potential to legitimize that position - which obviously could mean he is the detective.... or it could mean that as mafia, he and partner chose to kill Dittles to try and convince us of that. Hypothetically if that's their strategy, then it would make total sense if @Luster is the second mafia. While I personally don't think I would rat out my partner to gain trust, if Dipper turns out to be right about them being shady, then I must say I'm no longer completely convinced that makes him the detective. It could just be another tactic to earn trust and make us afraid to lynch him in case we're wrong.

Ultimately I still think that our best shot right now is to lynch @Luster and see what happens, for better or worse.

Edit: Joan essentially beat me to the punch with that theory, whoops XD

So it doesn't look like life is going to give me the time I need to do the in depth analysis I had planned XD My brain is so fried...

Buuut I did finally have some thoughts that y'all can chew on, don't be surprised if they're mega flawed though.

Following the theory of @Dipper potentially being the detective, there are a few things to consider. First of all, the fact that he defended Dittles (who has now been proven innocent) has the potential to legitimize that position - which obviously could mean he is the detective.... or it could mean that as mafia, he and partner chose to kill Dittles to try and convince us of that. Hypothetically if that's their strategy, then it would make total sense if @Luster is the second mafia. While I personally don't think I would rat out my partner to gain trust, if Dipper turns out to be right about them being shady, then I must say I'm no longer completely convinced that makes him the detective. It could just be another tactic to earn trust and make us afraid to lynch him in case we're wrong.

Ultimately I still think that our best shot right now is to lynch @Luster and see what happens, for better or worse.

Ah, I thought of the possibility of Dipper and Luster being partners in crime, but then I forgot it again while I was writing my post. Darn.

@Dipper I have a question for you that could mean quite a bit but could also be meaningless.

Is there anybody else you feel as strongly about as you do about Dittles and Luster? I'll restate that if it's unclear, but I don't particularly want to be straightforward right now. :P

Oh well, it's out there for people to think about now XD Also I just remembered something else that was kinda bugging me. Last game Kiilgore and I initially went after the most active people, which killed discussion and bought us time because some of the smarter people were gone, and the rest were scared to talk. I'm honestly surprised that you and me are still alive, @Joan. I'm guessing that means the mafia have another brilliant scheme, they've been leaving us alone because we're on the wrong track and not actually threatening them - or if we are on the right track, they don't want to draw attention to that by making it look like they're removing threats. If that makes any sense at all XD

Many possibilities and interesting conversation. Whether that is beneficial remains to be seen.

@Dipper I have a question for you that could mean quite a bit but could also be meaningless.

Is there anybody else you feel as strongly about as you do about Dittles and Luster? I'll restate that if it's unclear, but I don't particularly want to be straightforward right now. :P
Perhaps. It'd be foolish not to be wary of everyone, wouldn't it?

Oh well, it's out there for people to think about now XD Also I just remembered something else that was kinda bugging me. Last game Kiilgore and I initially went after the most active people, which killed discussion and bought us time because some of the smarter people were gone, and the rest were scared to talk. I'm honestly surprised that you and me are still alive, @Joan. I'm guessing that means the mafia have another brilliant scheme, they've been leaving us alone because we're on the wrong track and not actually threatening them - or if we are on the right track, they don't want to draw attention to that by making it look like they're removing threats. If that makes any sense at all XD

Oh, that's a very good thought, and one that scares me a little...

Perhaps. It'd be foolish not to be wary of everyone, wouldn't it?

Very true.

Now, I'm going to admit something so y'all know my judgement may be a bit biased.

I believe Dipper is, in fact, the detective. I'm not sure if I should, but I do believe it for the time being. I also believe Starlighter is town.

In other words, I trust you two. Whether or not I should remains to be seen, but I do, and it may not be smart to say it out loud, but I'm saying it before I change my mind. Of course, I may have to reconsider that depending on what evidence comes up, but for now, all I have to say is that if either of you two are lying then it's working because I believe you, mostly.

This is a jumbled mess. Oh well. -pushes post button anyway-

Reactions: Starlighter
I still call to lynch Luster, and will continue to lynch until either given alternative proof, or until there are few enough people that the chance is more than 50/50.

Trust may be misplaced. This is our only option.

Oh, that's a very good thought, and one that scares me a little...

Very true.

Now, I'm going to admit something so y'all know my judgement may be a bit biased.

I believe Dipper is, in fact, the detective. I'm not sure if I should, but I do believe it for the time being. I also believe Starlighter is town.

In other words, I trust you two. Whether or not I should remains to be seen, but I do, and it may not be smart to say it out loud, but I'm saying it before I change my mind. Of course, I may have to reconsider that depending on what evidence comes up, but for now, all I have to say is that if either of you two are lying then it's working because I believe you, mostly.

This is a jumbled mess. Oh well. -pushes post button anyway-
I definitely appreciate the vote of confidence :) For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that you're town as well, and while I could explain my full reasoning for that in detail, I honestly can't be bothered unless someone asks. I'm still really not sure about Dipper, though; still holding out that he's most likely detective or maf, just not convinced either way yet. All the vagueness/lack of detail is quite reminiscent of his style as the mayor, which could be good... but the issue with that is how it's a style that is incredibly non-revealing, and could be applied exactly the same way to any role. Honestly what I want more than anything right now is to get some solid evidence for or against Dipper.

I definitely appreciate the vote of confidence :) For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that you're town as well, and while I could explain my full reasoning for that in detail, I honestly can't be bothered unless someone asks. I'm still really not sure about Dipper, though; still holding out that he's most likely detective or maf, just not convinced either way yet. All the vagueness/lack of detail is quite reminiscent of his style as the mayor, which could be good... but the issue with that is how it's a style that is incredibly non-revealing, and could be applied exactly the same way to any role. Honestly what I want more than anything right now is to get some solid evidence for or against Dipper.

Yeah, I've noticed that Dipper does tend to be quite vague, which does worry me a bit, but not enough, if that makes sense. I do agree that solid proof is important.

What I want most is for the people who haven't spoken yet this round to speak and give their thoughts. That way, I feel like I'll have enough to go on, if that makes sense.

Also, I would like to point out we still have the Jester alive, so we need to be careful who we vote for. If the mafia found the Jester n1, then as the game progress, they would want to exploit that and make us hang them, decreasing our voting power by as high as three. ( The jester, the jester's kill and whoever the mafia kills) Seeing as we have lost 2 of our 10 players, that would make our voting field down to five in one night phase. Now, assuming that the mafia is sly and doesn't vote guilty on the jester, that means we would have a three towns to two mafia, a game that would be much more difficult to win, especially if our mayor is dead.

• Useful
I still call to lynch Luster, and will continue to lynch until either given alternative proof, or until there are few enough people that the chance is more than 50/50.
I am inclined to agree. I feel like the result of that move will be the best clue I can get about you, and all in all, it seems like the best thing to do in light of all the arguments that have already been made surrounding it. @LuckycoolHawk9, I think you mentioned something about maybe being swayed a bit to jumping on this bandwagon...? *fingers crossed* But if you're still planning to abstain, I'd like you to restate your reasoning in light of the more recent points that have been made.
Trust may be misplaced. This is our only option.
This greatly worries me.... But I don't think it would be wise to say why until my suspicions can be confirmed or disproven. If I'm right, you'll see me pushing pretty hard to see Dipper lynched, though XD

Yeah, I've noticed that Dipper does tend to be quite vague, which does worry me a bit, but not enough, if that makes sense. I do agree that solid proof is important.

What I want most is for the people who haven't spoken yet this round to speak and give their thoughts. That way, I feel like I'll have enough to go on, if that makes sense.
I know exactly what you mean XD Vagueness can go a lot of different ways, which is why it's so annoying to me sometimes.

Also, I would like to point out we still have the Jester alive, so we need to be careful who we vote for. If the mafia found the Jester n1, then as the game progress, they would want to exploit that and make us hang them, decreasing our voting power by as high as three. ( The jester, the jester's kill and whoever the mafia kills) Seeing as we have lost 2 of our 10 players, that would make our voting field down to five in one night phase. Now, assuming that the mafia is sly and doesn't vote guilty on the jester, that means we would have a three towns to two mafia, a game that would be much more difficult to win, especially if our mayor is dead.
That is legitimately frightening, wow.... Off the top of my head I'm really not brimming with any optimism or brilliant fallbacks. The only positive in this scenario is that five is a lot less to choose from, and a lot easier to track patterns.