Game 2 Mafia Day Thread

Also, I would like to point out we still have the Jester alive, so we need to be careful who we vote for. If the mafia found the Jester n1, then as the game progress, they would want to exploit that and make us hang them, decreasing our voting power by as high as three. ( The jester, the jester's kill and whoever the mafia kills) Seeing as we have lost 2 of our 10 players, that would make our voting field down to five in one night phase. Now, assuming that the mafia is sly and doesn't vote guilty on the jester, that means we would have a three towns to two mafia, a game that would be much more difficult to win, especially if our mayor is dead.

Yeah, I'm kind of scared that this didn't immediately occur to me myself, since it throws everything in a different light. However, unless Luster is the jester and is a particularly bad or unbelievably good one, we should be safe with them, judging by their behavior. That is, unless somebody else has noticed something I haven't?

I am still abstaining still. My reason is the same as before. I trust no one and think the mafia want us to hang jester. I do not want to fall into that trap and die by it. I also don't want to be related to helping the mafia in any way by lynching a townie.

I suppose that's a wise choice, @LuckycoolHawk9 . Take out mafia, and you'll be the next target. Unless the target is someone else. Regardless, somebody will die.

Dittles was saying she had a reason to be defending dipper like she was. The sheer number of times she said 'i have my reasons and shall stay quiet about them' deeply implied that she had some sort of important info.
That is why I think dittles was offed. (Other possibility listed below too.)
After all.... The silencing of information...
Something the mafia wants, yes? It takes away things that help town.

So. Even with the confirmation of dittles being town, I still have some unease about dipper. I mean... Assuming luster IS maf, It's still entirely possible that dipper is maf trying to bus, and just got misread by dittles. Since he's maf, he would know who's not maf, and took a guess about dittles. After all. Odds would say she would be town. ~6/10 I think?

Other things to consider:
Dittles pointed fingers at both star and luster. (Framing?)

As lucky said, the concern for jester is very real still.

(Sorry if this is incoherent at points. Quicky before homework.)

Dittles was saying she had a reason to be defending dipper like she was. The sheer number of times she said 'i have my reasons and shall stay quiet about them' deeply implied that she had some sort of important info.

So. Even with the confirmation of dittles being town, I still have some unease about dipper. I mean... Assuming luster IS maf, It's still entirely possible that dipper is maf trying to bus, and just got misread by dittles. Since he's maf, he would know who's not maf, and took a guess about dittles. After all. Odds would say she would be town. ~6/10 I think?

Good points, and this begs the question...Why did Dittles choose to withhold her information in the first place? Any thoughts, folks?

Reactions: Starlighter
I am still abstaining still. My reason is the same as before. I trust no one and think the mafia want us to hang jester. I do not want to fall into that trap and die by it. I also don't want to be related to helping the mafia in any way by lynching a townie.
That's fair, so I'll continue to agree to disagree. I'm curious - if you trust no one, is there anyone you particularly suspect? So far most of what I've seen from you is anti-lynch theory and it's quite.... defense oriented, if that makes sense? Like you're really taking a passive approach and not aggressively trying to find the right move, just avoiding the wrong one. Personally I think that inaction will eventually lead to downfall, so I'm finding your approach rather curious...

I suppose that's a wise choice, @LuckycoolHawk9 . Take out mafia, and you'll be the next target. Unless the target is someone else. Regardless, somebody will die.
Call me cynical, but somebody will die regardless. All we can do is our best to make sure it's a death with the least consequences and most potential benefits.

The thing about Dittles potentially having important information had occurred to me too. I'm at a loss as to how that can help us though, beyond the implication that the mafia may have killed her to shut her up. Honestly I'm too tired right now to give it some serious helpful thought.

Good points, and this begs the question...Why did Dittles choose to withhold her information in the first place? Any thoughts, folks?
If she thought it would get her or someone she thought was an asset killed, maybe? Or else she just had theories that she was waiting on more information for, and no actual solid proof? Sometimes calling things out in the discussion can change them because people can alter their reactions based on their awareness of the suspicion, so that's another possibility.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
That's fair, so I'll continue to agree to disagree. I'm curious - if you trust no one, is there anyone you particularly suspect? So far most of what I've seen from you is anti-lynch theory and it's quite.... defense oriented, if that makes sense? Like you're really taking a passive approach and not aggressively trying to find the right move, just avoiding the wrong one. Personally I think that inaction will eventually lead to downfall, so I'm finding your approach rather curious...
The only person I truly trust based on posts is @Kiilgore and even that is shaky since he was a mafia last time and with 10 randomized roles, people could be having the same role they had last game. That is my other paranoia, being duped because of repeat mafia or people. That being said, I can't exactly fully mistrust @Lost-and-Bewildered or any other inactives since I can't get a read on them either way.

I still call to lynch Luster, and will continue to lynch until either given alternative proof, or until there are few enough people that the chance is more than 50/50.

Trust may be misplaced. This is our only option.
'Alternative proof' implies that there is proof in the first place. You have offered little to no actually explanations of why you want me lynch and continue to evade actually answering questions.

To be honest, my bet is that @Dipper is the jester. In other mafia-styled games, an easy way to get lynched is to hammer down on someone, and then, when you are wrong about their faction, you can get lynched yourself, because nothing looks worse than lynching an actual townie.

The vague answers + absolutely hammering down one avenue suggests jester more than detective.

@Luster I'm trying to narrow the pool of suspects down, as anyone would do. You haven't exactly done enough to prove yourself as not mafia.

In fact, you weren't really here at all for discussion. Strange.

'Alternative proof' implies that there is proof in the first place. You have offered little to no actually explanations of why you want me lynch and continue to evade actually answering questions.

To be honest, my bet is that @Dipper is the jester. In other mafia-styled games, an easy way to get lynched is to hammer down on someone, and then, when you are wrong about their faction, you can get lynched yourself, because nothing looks worse than lynching an actual townie.

The vague answers + absolutely hammering down one avenue suggests jester more than detective.
According to this theory, I could just as easily be the Jester, then. My comments haven't been vague in the same way as Dipper, so an alternative would be that I'm trying to look like a mafia leading/controlling the discussion. I personally have never played with a Jester before though, so it's new territory for me. I find this argument sketchy in a few ways, actually; first of all I'm always suspicious when people start pointing fingers in any way shape or form at whoever is accusing them. Secondly, I feel like it fits nicely into you and Dipper both being mafia - an alternative way to keep your partner alive in case we don't take the detective bait, since nobody wants to lynch the Jester. Maybe that's a bit reachy though, I don't know.
@Luster I'm trying to narrow the pool of suspects down, as anyone would do. You haven't exactly done enough to prove yourself as not mafia.

In fact, you weren't really here at all for discussion. Strange.
I concur in so much as you not doing enough to prove yourself innocent, @Luster. You made some good points when I asked last day phase, but @Dipper is right that it's odd of you to not be here for the discussion, and then not explain why. It's all well and good to respond under pressure, but it gets fishy when you fail to establish a regular pattern of contribution. Only coming out of the woodwork when you're accused isn't exactly a routine that's going to earn you brownie points XD

To be honest, you both have valid points. @Luster, you are correct saying that Dipper has been vague. @Dipper, you have a point when you say Luster wasn't here for discussion. However, and this may be my bias talking so feel free to ignore or yell at me here...Dipper has every right to be vague if he is the detective. Detectives are in a lot of danger from the mafia, since they are the main defense against mafia. However, Luster, you have only joined discussion when your life was threatened, and all you've done there is vigorously fight for your own life and thrown blame on others. You've fought by guilt-tripping, using shaky arguments, and similar tactics. That doesn't seem very town-ish to me, and it also sounds counter to what the jester would do, so...Either you're a townie who frankly hasn't been helpful, you're an innocent with a special role who refuses to say anything about it, you're a very bad or unimaginably good jester, or you're a slightly unskilled or fairly skilled mafia who didn't expect us to come after you. And, frankly, unless somebody comes forward with evidence that turns stuff upside down, I think we're mostly safe lynching you.

• Thank You
That moment when you're ninja'd...

To be honest, you both have valid points. @Luster, you are correct saying that Dipper has been vague. @Dipper, you have a point when you say Luster wasn't here for discussion. However, and this may be my bias talking so feel free to ignore or yell at me here...Dipper has every right to be vague if he is the detective. Detectives are in a lot of danger from the mafia, since they are the main defense against mafia. However, Luster, you have only joined discussion when your life was threatened, and all you've done there is vigorously fight for your own life and thrown blame on others. You've fought by guilt-tripping, using shaky arguments, and similar tactics. That doesn't seem very town-ish to me, and it also sounds counter to what the jester would do, so...Either you're a townie who frankly hasn't been helpful, you're an innocent with a special role who refuses to say anything about it, you're a very bad or unimaginably good jester, or you're a slightly unskilled or fairly skilled mafia who didn't expect us to come after you. And, frankly, unless somebody comes forward with evidence that turns stuff upside down, I think we're mostly safe lynching you.
I concur with all of this. Very well said, Joan.

I swear I get ninja'd on this thread alone more than the rest of Iwaku combined XD

• Thank You
I concur with all of this. Very well said, Joan.

I swear I get ninja'd on this thread alone more than the rest of Iwaku combined XD

I'm sorry, I had to. This song is great and ignore the band title but anyway... Carry on XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
According to this theory, I could just as easily be the Jester, then. My comments haven't been vague in the same way as Dipper, so an alternative would be that I'm trying to look like a mafia leading/controlling the discussion. I personally have never played with a Jester before though, so it's new territory for me. I find this argument sketchy in a few ways, actually; first of all I'm always suspicious when people start pointing fingers in any way shape or form at whoever is accusing them. Secondly, I feel like it fits nicely into you and Dipper both being mafia - an alternative way to keep your partner alive in case we don't take the detective bait, since nobody wants to lynch the Jester. Maybe that's a bit reachy though, I don't know.

I concur in so much as you not doing enough to prove yourself innocent, @Luster. You made some good points when I asked last day phase, but @Dipper is right that it's odd of you to not be here for the discussion, and then not explain why. It's all well and good to respond under pressure, but it gets fishy when you fail to establish a regular pattern of contribution. Only coming out of the woodwork when you're accused isn't exactly a routine that's going to earn you brownie points XD

I've had back to back exams. I'm a college student and organic chemistry makes me want to cry 95% (more like 100%) of the time.

As for point back at people, I find this a totally reasonable response. The people who are absent are suspicious, sure, but I have not pattern to base this off of. You, @Joan, and @Starlighter haven't made me terribly suspicious. Your arguments are reasonable and haven't jumped to too many conclusions. @Dipper has come out of nowhere with this accusations and is failing to justify any of it. That's suspicious to me. It would be easy to say, 'Oh, Dipper is maf.' Except, relentlessly pursuing one individual is not maf material. I would say detective, but Dipper's been so blasé about everything. If the detective lynches pushing to lynch maf, they've given themselves away anyways. Might as well minimize the damage at that point. So, yes, I am pointing fingers at them, but only because I find their logic to actually be illogical. I know we want to lynch someone, but half-baking this mystery cookie is not a way to win the bake sale.

• Useful
@Luster

You're quite determined to pass the spotlight onto somebody else. Last game I was the second to instigate a lynching based on activity, and it turned out I was just mayor. This time, it's all about trying to make it easier. Sacrifices will be made, yeah, and that sucks, but nobody knows who's who. We just have to use what we know to get by.

TL;DR Wanting to lynch doesn't necessarily mark you as anything.

We need a census. Preferably with as many players as we can get.

We need a census. Preferably with as many players as we can get.
Maybe it's 'cause I'm not necessarily fully awake right now, but I'm a bit lost as to what you mean...

Maybe it's 'cause I'm not necessarily fully awake right now, but I'm a bit lost as to what you mean...
I assume that @Dipper means a check of sorts. Like, what's going on with everyone- particularly the silent ones?

If that's true, I agree.