Freinds Journey

Gandon looked intp the chest and when he saw the round object he looked confused expecting something else. When Alek handed him the object all he could do was look at it. Felling the cold surface of the round object and looking at the dial. " mabey it's some clue or something we might need later on so its best it we keep it"

Alek gave a nod and placed the object in his bag. "Alright. On to the next one I suppose," he said looking behind him towards the door. His eyes glanced at the two next door. The next choice was for Gandon to choose. "So which one now?"

Gandon looked over at the two door for a moment trying to decide " hmm how about the one to the left?" he walked over tword that door and opened it. The room was basically the same as the one before and the next room was probubally the same as well. He walked inside and lookind around not seeing any chest only papers and books.

The room was in the same layout as the other. Almost identical to be exact, except this one didn't have a chest. Looking around a bit more, Alek couldn't find anything worth interest. "I guess there isn't anything in this one," he said putting down a old book that was too ruined to read anymore. He headed back out to the hallway and looked at the final door. It was probably going to be like the last couple rooms, nothing big so he didn't get his hopes up.

Alek turned the door handle, but it seemed to be stuck. Perhaps the old age of the door and years of rust. He jiggled the handle a bit and then tried a hard push. There was a clink noise and the door opened. The first thing that hit Alek was the horrid smell of decay. Then the next was what he saw. A body was pin against the wall by it's head from a spear. The shock from seeing it caused him to stumble backwards into his friend.

"G-Gan! Do you see that?" he said shuddering slightly. The body didn't seem to be that old, it still had flesh and was rotting. With the flicking of the torch light, the scene even looked more gruesome.

Gandon looked around the room and didn't see anything of intrest, the only thing that caught his eye was a bood on skills and he too the book dusting it off and then placing it in his bag. When they walked to the neck door he wondered what was in the room and looked at the door. It looked as if old yet newer then the rest. When Alek opened the door he was right behind him, when his friend stumbled back he caught him and covered his nose at the grewsome smell> When looking he saw the dead body he thought he was going to be sick and looking around the room he saw blood everywere " ew what the hell happened in here"

"I-I don't know. But it looks fresh.." Alek replied calming down a bit. He walked closer to the body and examined it. The corpse seems to belong to a man in his late thirties. He had on heavy fur clothing that was now stained with old blood and who knew what else. Alek tried not to vomit from the smell and he held his nose. There was an old note on the floor to his body that the boy was trying to get close enough to reach.

When he got close enough, his hazel eyes crept up to look at the body. He didn't want to, but for some reason his eyes moved on their own. It was worst up close, he could see where the flesh had rotten and decayed. His attention went back down the to the note, reaching out for it. Suddenly the corpse jerked.

"Ahh!" Aleked yelled with the note in his hand, falling back. A bunch of rats poured out of the body. Nearly giving him a heart attack. He looked over to his friend and back to the note. Getting up, he read it out loud.

It is too late. This place has already got me.
Nothing is worth it anymore. Not this.
How we have paid the price. I don't think
I can carry on anymore. The voices. They are in
my head. I'm sorry.

He watched as his friend examined the rat and he walked around the room disquested of the stench and the looks of the room. The more he was in the room the worse he felt and the more he wanted to leave. When his friend read the letter out loud he felt his stomach knot up and he looked at his friend " what do you think he means by voices?"

Alek gazed back at his friend and shook his head side to side. "I have no idea. Let's get out of this room, it is giving me the creeps," he replied as they left and closed the room. "Maybe there were other people who came here before us and they lost their minds. Probably savage bandits or something." Alek said taking note of how the man in there was disposed. The idea brought another issue to hand. If there was other people here, they should be careful. Anyone or anything could be lurking in these ruins.

He looked at his friend, "Do you want to keep going on?"

Gandon followed his friend out the room and looked around feeling uneasy about the situation now. That dead mans corpse was enough to set him off edge and he really was wondering what was upstairs. " we came to far to back down now and we have eachother" He gave a faint sime and grabed his hand gently and walked up the stairs. It ccreaked but when they reached the top there was two frroms and a marking in the center of the room.

He smiled as he listened to his friend's reassuring words. "Yeah you are right," he replied following up the stairs. Alek thought about how far they really have gone. Not just in this adventure but together as friends. From bullies back at the village, to wild animals in the woods.. They always had each others back. That thought made him feel better and more willing to move forward in this dark ruins. Once up the stairs he glanced at the marking in the center. They approached closer, Alek trying to take a better look. "What is that?"

Gandon smiled and as they were upstairs he walked closer tword the center of the room to get a better view "um..u..i...it looks like this was a sacrifice or ritual of some sort" when he followed the blood trail it lead to a fresh corpse with the eyes removed " holy shit" he jump back slight and the light from the torch got a better view of the room. It was like a sacrifice room and there was bones everywhere.

The sight sent chills down Alek's spine. Even though they just saw a corspe, he wasn't prepared to see another one so soon. The boy quickly drew his bow and was on alert. Something wasn't right about this place. They might have bit off more they can chew. His bright eyes scanned around, looking for something else. Suddenly, there was a dark figure moving in the shadows. He approached the center where the light revealed him.

"Boys.. are you lost?" the man said with a wicked smile. He was wearing scraps of studded leather armor that seemed barbaric. The man had long black hair even darker eyes. What really stand out on him was the scar across his face.

Gandon looked back down at the dead body and then at alek. He wasn't expecting this at all and he was pretty sure he hadn't either. Looking around he saw something move from the corner of his eye and when alek placed the light on it, it was a male that was there. He looked weird sinister like and yet somewhat dead like as well. The huge scar on his face almost took away from the black eyes he had. " who the hell are you?". He looked at the man feeling somewhat scared.

Alek was frighten as well by the man's appearance. All the bodies they have ran a cross and now this guy? Something is very wrong here. It didn't take long before he realize the man was a danger. He drew an arrow and pointed it at the man.

"Woah there kid. Don't be so hasty. I don't think my friends would like me with an arrow in me," he said with a chuckle as he gestured around him. More figures appeared from the darkness. There must have been about ten of them. Each appearing rugged and drained of life. How long have they been in this place? The man looked at the other boy who spoke, "I am Lucan, leader of the Blood Stalkers. A small community that are in the best interest for each other."

After seeing the men, Alek lowered his bow.. feeling trapped now. He glanced at his friend, wondering what he was thinking at this moment. Lucan walked around the center of the room. "You see, there is something here. Hidden by those before. Something that must be brilliant enough to come up with this puzzling lock. I just can't seem to find the answers. Maybe you boys can help? Join us and we will take you in. You will get a part of the treasure as well. We don't have much time life you see."

Gandon watched the man closley not sure whether to grab his friend and run but he knew he wouldn't get fact for the two simple reasons that...one, they didn't know what he was or what he was capable of and two.., there was more of them. Whwn the rest came out the shadows they looked pale and sice like, it was discusting. " what do you mean you dont have much time life? and join what?! a buch of sick looking people?". He rest his hand on his blade and looked at his friend. He knew this was way more then they bargined for.

There was a moment of silence, it was very brief but felt like an eternity to Alek. He swallowed hard as he watched Lucan's expression. His eyes quickly glanced over to his friend. Gandon seems ready for a battle. How could they survive against this large group? But then again like Gandon said, they do look sick. Probably wouldn't put much a fight. Alek has never killed anyone before, all these thoughts running through his head.

"Kid, do you know why we are called the Blood Stalkers?" one of the men said from the group. His left eye seem to be bigger and wide then his other. "We drink the blood of our enemy and prey. If you aren't with us. Then you must be against us!" he pulled out a dagger with rigged edges that looked like twisted metal.

"Calm down you, they are just afraid. They are just kids." Lucan replied with the same wicked smile. "You see, we discovered one of the treasures hidden here. It isn't something that is materialistic, but I tell you what.. It is a hell of a prize. The price for the prize.. let's say we need to pay up soon, there isn't much time on the clock."

Gandon looked at the man with the dagger and he gave him and ice cold stare and then broke his gaze to look at the man " what is the prize? why do we have to pay you? what is going on her is this a sacrifice?..we saw dead bodies in the room explain that and..are you some type of vampire or something?". he had so may questions and asumptions he didn't know were to begin but all he knew was that he wanted to find a way to him and his friend out safely.

The man with the scar let out a laugh in response to Gandon's assumptions. "Vampires? Nonsense. We just like to have a reputation as people you don't cross the wrong way. Now about that prize. It is something I'm sure you will like." His dark eyes look back to the body, "And yes we need a sacerfice. But unfortunately, it can't be someone who has already been tainted with the gift. We became a bit greedy and all took a sip from the bottle before we knew. We need someone pure. One of you boys. That is the price." Lucan was approaching closer towards Gandon, pulling out a long steel blade from the sheath.

Alek felt his arms go up before he can even think, he pulled back the arrow. His eyes locked on the man's face before firing it straight into his neck. "Stay away from Gan you bastard!" None of the other men moved. Lucan was standing there with an expression of surprise on his face. Then suddenly the wicked smile returned. He pulled out a odd glass bottle from a bag on his side. It was made with black glass and was almost empty.

"This is the treasure, the gift of immortality. However as I mention the price requires a sacrifice to refill it. If not, the gift will be reclaimed and we will be forever trapped in this ruins, never to rest and guard this place for eternity." Lucan said before the pulled out the arrow from his neck. There was no blood from the wound and that quickly started to heal.

Gandon backed up as the man drew closer and he pulled out his blade. He was in shock to the the arrow shoot in the mans neck and he took another step backward grabbing alek's hand " we need to make a run for it". He wispered and then looked at the rest of them who seemed egar so he decided to stall " okay so that means only one of us will live if you need another sacrifuce but if your immortal then why do you need to keep drinking the liquid and why to you look sick? i thought immortals never age after nor die"

"As long as there are sacrifices every now and then, we will remain immortal. The dire side effects take toll when we don't refresh our source for a while as you can see. So boy, what is your name? Don't you want immortality? All you have to do is have your friend give up his life. Or maybe you are willing to give yours for him?" Lucan was still take steps forward as he spoke.

Alek nodded at what Gandon told him. He quickly lifted up his bow again and shot an arrow into the man's eye. His hand reached over to grab Gandon's before sprinting off the opposite way. "Hurry Gan! Lets go!" his voice frantic as they made their way back down stairs.

Lucan let out a groan of pain as he pulled out the arrow. "Damn brats.. Go get them. Bring both of them back alive, cut their legs if you have to. Just make sure they are alive," he commanded his men.