Freinds Journey

Gandon looked around as they walked taking in the plants and the small animals about, when they reached the stream he diped his head in and then shook his head feeling refreshed. He watched as Alek walked up and examined the giant rock and was starttled to see it start moving " a c..crab!" he pulled out his blade and watched as the crabbed moved about he decided to make the first move, he dodged his claws and sliced a gash in the crabs body causing it to shreik " alek use your bow"

"R-Right!" He said quickly getting up and pulling out his bow off his back. He draw and arrow from the quiver and pulled the bow back. The bow groan as it was tighten, ready to fire an arrow right into that big crab's face. Alek let go of the arrow and it flew a straight shot into it's head but bounced off. Alek was taken surprised by this, not sure what to do now. He watched his friend fight up close with the monster and saw the gash on the crab's body.

Alek drew his bow again and this time aimed and arrow towards one of the gash. Sinking an arrow deep into it's soft flesh. The crab reacted with a lot of failing, he knew that one hit hard. "Gan! I need you to make more gashes on it's body!" He yelled out to his friend, drawing another arrow.

Gandon nodded and walked around slowly, the crab was guick and strong. When it went to attack he moved out the way but the crab still sliced his arm and chest. He cringed in pain and doubled over for a moment " gotcha" he gripped his sword and as soon as the crab was about to attack again he sliced his claw off then knowing he had a shot he sliced the body multiple times before the crab regained posture almost dead " okay alek go ahead"

The air around them froze as Alek drew his arrow, his breathing stopped. He pulled back the arrow, his eyes quickly glancing at his wounded friend. It was as if time slowed down as his vision narrowed down on the crab's gashes. Alek released the first arrow and before it could even strike anything, he fired another. In an elegant serious of moments that flow smoothly together, he manage to fire off three arrows into the crab. He watched the crab struggle to keep on it's feet but it finally gave in and collapsed onto the ground. It's blue blood leaking all over the ground.

"Gan!" The boy shout running to his wounded friend. His hazel eyes quickly glancing all over his friend to examine the source of bleeding. He took off his bag and pulled out some gauze and applied to to where the cuts were. Pressing down on the wound to apply pressure to stop the bleeding. "Damnit Gan, you should have been more careful," his voice nervous, hoping he could patch up his friend.

Gandon watched as his friend shot the arrows eventually killing the crab he sighed relived, when Alek ran over he tried to smile and act like he wasn't in alot of pain when he really was. The cuts wernt that dep so he was glad knowing that he'd still be able to fight. " im sorry ill be more careful". He winced in pain as his friend applied the gauze and pressing down on it " thanks man ill be fine just a few cuts"..he cringed once more.

Pulling out ointment from the bag and applied it to the wounds once they were cleaned up and the bleeding has stop. "Try to stay still, it will hurt less if you do." He said with a faint smile, glad that his friend was alright. Alek finished up the last of bandaging, the wounds weren't as bad as they seemed in the middle of battle. "Alright there you go. That was a close one. Who knew there was such big crabs around here," he said with a light chuckle now. Finding it was amusing that they were just fighting a giant crab.

Gandon watched as he finished tacking care of his wounds and he smiled " thanks man i owe you one" he stood up slowly wincing every now and then and he looked at the dead crab " its makes me wonder what else is out there" he placed his blade away and then walked over looking at the blue liquid that leaked from the crab " well we better get going before it gets dark" he walked past the dead crab and continued on their way.

As they continue to travel, they ran passed a couple pheasants that Alek made quick work of. "I suppose this will be dinner for tonight," he said holding up his catch with a triumph smile. By the time they got to the base of the mountain, the sun had already falling behind the horizon. The world know a dark and even more mysterious place then before. "I think we should make camp here and wait til tomorrow morning before going to the ruins. No point of trying to get us lost and worst. There is a reason they called it Steepfalls.." Alek looked up to the night sky, all the stars bright and shinning.

Gandon walked until it was dark and they could no longer walk up " yes i thinks its best". He walked onto the grassy area were he layed down looking at the sky, there was still some light that showed but it was basically dark and he leaned his head on his bag and looked over at alek " hey what types of treasures do you think were going to find up there?" he asked curiously in wonder. He hoped there was actually something up there so all of this wouldn't be for nothing and they be rewarded whatever was up there.

With a couple of rocks and a bundle of twigs, Alek had the material to start a small fire. "I don't know. You could never find much on the people who use to live in the mountains. Not even Mr. Gale knew much on them," he replied thinking about the old historian at their village who would teach children. "But whatever is up there, I bet it would be something we could imagine. Jewels, gold, weapons. Who knows what is to be found."

The fire came to life with crackles and angry spits of flames before calming down. It's warm gave them comfort from the night's cool air. "Either way, I bet it would be amazing just to go through the ruins, I bet only a few or even none can said they have done that."

Gandon looked at his bestfriend and smiled, he always seemed to know exactly what to say, he go uo[ and walked into the trees gathering a few leaved and brought them back placing them on the floor he went back and got more sticks and twigs making the fire larger so they'd be warmer. he hugged alex resting his head on his shoulder "i bet people will say were the greatest"

He ruffled his friend's hair and chuckled. "Of course they will. Didn't I already say that?" The two boys began to tell stories of their life back in the village, ones that made them laughed. Soon they fell asleep and the morning sun peeked behind the mountain once more. The sounds of the birds singing awake Alek. He looked over next to Gandon who was next to him and slightly shook him. "Hey wake up Gan. It is time we head up to there to the ruins."

His bright hazel eyes look up to Mt. Steepfalls. Now with the sun back out, he can actually see the ruins from where the set camp. It look dark and mysterious, even more reasons he wanted to go in it now. Alek felt his tummy grumble, he had almost forgot breakfast. The boy manage to make a decent size meal from the leftover pheasant for himself and Gandon.

Gandon grumbled and rolled over slowly opening his eyes to see the sun right in his face. he squinted his eyes and looked down at the food that alek made, as he did he heard his stomack growl and he sat up and ate his food. " thanks man that was delecious" he said smiling. Once fully waking up he streached his muscles and grabbed his bag putting it over his shoulder and then placing his blade on his side. he looked up at the mountain and started walking. It wasn't far before they made their way up steep hill and tword the entrance.

The ruins were made of dark gray stones. The entrance was extruding from the mountain, which made Alek think that the rest of it lead inside of the mountain. As they walk up the stone steps Alek drew his bow just in case. "So this it Gandon, the ruins of Mt. Steepfalls," he said looking over to his bestfriend. The boy gave him a nod before they pulled the heavy stone door open and entered. Inside was dark and you could hear the sounds of crumbling stone and rats scattering.

"Do you have a torch?" he asked his friend realizing he forgot to pack that item.

Gandon followed uphill and looked at the mountain amazed. It was deffinitaly a sight to see and he'd never forget it. Diging on his bag he pulled out at tourch " yea i only have two" he used the match to light the tourch and it blazed brightly. He moved the tourch around to see the scattering rats and he shivered slightly gripping his hand onto alek's arm. He hated rats with a passion.

"That is fine, you just lead the way and I'll have your back," he replied as he followed behind his body. Alek scanned around making sure there wasn't any booby traps or uninvited guests. The room they were in was large but didn't seem to have anything of value laying around. It just appeared to be old books and ruined pottery. "Nothing much here.. Lets head down the hallway."

Gandon nodded and continued to head down the hallway looking around. There was many books and they looked like they had to be about a hundred years old. He looked around the corner and their were three doora and a staircase at the end of the hall " we should look through every door and then head up the stairs when were done.

The boy nodded as he opened the closest door to them. The old wooden door moaned with a creak as Alek pushed it. This was probably the first time this room has seen light in ages. There were shelves with scrolls and more books. But on a table there were strange colored liquids in glass bottles, and next to that was a small chest that has been collecting dust over the years. "Look Gan! A chest.. Maybe this is our lucky break," he said with an excited smile.

Gandon watched as Alek opened the door and the creak made him off edge. he looked around at the word out room, dust everywere and the sheets were torn including the curtains and rugs. It was deffinitally only and he wasn't suprised to see there was no skeleton bones. When his bestfriend spotted the chest he nodded his head and walked over blowing the dust off.

The boys opened up the chest and found an odd circular object inside. It was wrapped in a red fabric and didn't seem to age too bad. It appeared to a dial or some sort, unfamiliar writing engraved around the circular object. Alek looked to his friend, "What do you think this is?" He handed the object over to Gandon so he could take a look at it.