Freinds Journey

Gandon ran with his friend after alek shot the bow in his eyes. Part of him was scared and another part of him wanted to fight and kill them all. As they ran down the stairs he looked back to spot three of them behind them and he quickly picked up spead heading tword the entrance they came. Thier light was getting dimmer and dimmer and he hoped to make it before the tourch flames went out. Pulling out his blade he looked back once more.

His heart was pounding in his chest as they were running. The adrenaline rush made him move faster then ever, making their way to the big room they where they had been when they first came in. Alek could hear steps behind him coming closer and closer. His fingers grip the iron front door's handle and pulled. Nothing. He pull harder and tried to shake it, but to no avail. Alek turned around and saw the man with the dagger who spoke earlier. On his face was a nasty smile, his tongue licking the edged dagger.

"Which one of you wants to play first? How about you boy.. you have a big mouth, I'll cut that brave tongue out and we will see how well you can talk then," he gestured towards Gandon. Alek wouldn't allow it. Nobody was going to hurt his friend. He fired an arrow into the man's head and stopped him in his tracks. The man seem to be surprised by the shot and stumbled, yet he was still alive. "You son of a b-"

Alek shot two more bows in the man's chest. One of them must have hit his heart. The man froze with a gapping mouth as he try to grasp on to life. Then he crumpled to the ground, lifeless. "Th-they aren't truly immortal.. the elixir or whatever must be wearing off. We might have a chance Gan," the boy said looking over to his friend.

Gandon watched as Alek fired arrows at the man, when he stumbled he sliced the blade across his head and it fell off leaving the so called immortal dead as blood poured from his body. He kicked the door and it crunched at the kick, he did it repeaditally until the door craked opened. He heard more of them comming faster and faster down the stairs and he cringed in pain and looked down at his leg " we have to go". He grabbed his friend's hand and limped into the room and the then out through were they had came.

They were in front of the ruins, on the stone foundation the area was built on. The moon was out and full tonight. It's soft milky light illuminated the night for them as they tried to escape the group of bandits. But somehow ahead of them was Lucan, stepping out from the darkness once again with an amused smile.

"My my, you boys are something else. It is a shame I have to kill you two now. I could see potential in you both.." His dark eyes widen as he lunge forward, drawing his steel straight blade. Lucan lifted it back behind him, the blade glinting in the moonlight. "I hope you don't miss your legs!" He sweep the blade down in a curved horizontal slash aiming for Gandon's legs.

Voices were coming behind them and Alek soon found himself busy trying to pick off the bandits before they got too close to them. He looked back at the two in disarray. He couldn't help his friend with the bandit leader for now. He had to keep his focus on stopping the rest of them.

Gandon followd Alek out and turned when he saw the Leader approaching him,
the blde connected with his leg and he send a deep cut. He groaned in pain and thenstabbed the
man in his stockach watching the blood spurt out he backed up and inced in pain as he looked at
the blood pouring out of his legs his head started to feel light. When the man approaced again
he dodged his attack and cut the man's throat watching him drop to the floor.

"Guuagh.. Done in.. by a kid. Aha ha.. ha," Lucan let out in a gurgled voice laying on the floor, drowning in his own blood. It only took a few seconds later before his body went limp and his empty eyes stared up at the sky. Alek distracted the other enough to grab his friend and carry him off to the tree lines. His legs seemed to be in too bad of a shape to try to go down the mountain. He laid him against a tree and started applying first aid to the cut.

"It is bad, but I can stop the bleeding. You won't be able to move for a while," he looked up to his friend with his hazel eyes. "You alright Gan? Stay with me."

Gandon's breathing increased as he felt his body being pulled by his best friend.
He looked at the water and then felt his body leaned against something sturdy
and he knew it was a tree. His eyes closed and then re opened and he looked
into his bestfriends eyes. Wincing in pain as he worked on his leg, he brought his hand up and
cupped his friends face looking at him " thanks alot for everything man"

A faint smile was on Alek's face as he felt his friend's warm hands on his face. He looked back and said, "Don't be stupid. You don't need to thank me. We are best friends aren't we? That's what I am here for." He didn't know how long they could hide out there before one of those bandits found them. The boy looked around for anything he could use to help camouflage his friend. Alek spread fallen branches around Gandon and hope that the darkness would hide him. He would have to be on watch until his friend can move again, that won't be probably til tomorrow.

Gandon kept his body leaned against the tree and he watched as
his friend placed leaves and brances around him to help blend in
with the surroundings. He shifted his body slightly to get comfortable
and then he kept his hand on Alek's " hey in the morning we shoud head out
to the next town, there was no treasure excpt for crazy men who thought they
were immortal..just dont leave my side tonight please".

"Don't worry, I won't dare leave your side Gan." Alek said with a reassuring smile for his friend. "Now get some rest, you'll need it." There wasn't any side of the bandits coming to their location. He wonder if they gave up looking for them. What are they to do now without their leader? Surely chaos has broken in their ranks. Alek hopped so, that would make things a lot easier for them. He found himself dozing now and then but for the most part there was no activity. Sometimes he would wake up in a panic after hearing something move in the grass, but it would only be a bird or rabbit. As the sun rise he tapped slightly on Gandon's shoulder, "Hey wake up buddy. You alright?"

Gandon felt tapping on his shoulder and he slowly opened
his eyes to see Alek waking him up. He moved slowly and then
winced when he tried to get up in his bad leg. He pulled himself up using
the tree as help. He grabbed his bag and placed it on his back and adjusted his
blade. Looking down at his let it had gotton worse and it continued to swell and bleed
slightly " i need a doctor to stich my leg".

He helped his friend get up and they made their way slowly out to the opening once more in front of the ruins. Alek couldn't help but realize that they weren't going to get far with his friend in this condition. The leg was looking worse then last night, it was only time before the infection takes a toll on Gandon. He looked back to the ruins.. maybe he can help his friend. They weren't going to make to the doctors at this rate. But.. the alternative was right there. Alek looked back at his friend and gave him a faint smile. "I know Gandon, I will make sure it gets fixed."

Gandon loooked down at his leg and he felt weak
he held onto Alek and looked around slowly wondering how
much time they had to make it to the town before he would
have serious trouble trying to walk on his leg hich was becoming infected.
" okay man i trust you".

His hand shuffled through his bag for medication after setting Gandon down again next to a large rock. "Here take this. It should help with the pain til we reach help," he told him handing him the round brown balls from a small cloth bag. Alek looked at his friend, hoping this will have to do for now.

Gandon took the large brown balls and he took them making a disqusting face. The pills tasted nasty but he hoped they would help. He started to walk slowly " we can make it by nightfall".

The pills would soon take it's affect on Gandon and make him fall into a slumber for a short period. Just long enough for Alek to go back to the ruins without worrying about his friend running after him. He didn't tell him his idea because he knew that his best friend would be against the idea.

"Yeah. Definitely before nightfall, here rest here for a bit and catch your breath." The boy help his friend against a small cave that should protect him against the elements temporarily. Once Gandon was out it seems, Alek quickly ran back to the ruins. It seemed more quiet and eerie then before, maybe because this time he knew there was something lurking in the darkness. He made it clear without trouble back to the main room. He saw bodies on the floor, crawling and seems as they were dying. The effect of the elixir must be wearing off, returning them to their human state. All those months without food and water must be hitting them at once.

Their own foolishness and ignorance was what lead to their downfall. Alek knew this wasn't a permanent solution, just one to help his friend Gandon to make it to town. He wouldn't make it another few hours otherwise. Alek took a small dagger from one of the bandits and cut his wrist, allowing the blood to pour into the bottle. When it seemed like a good enough amount he placed his hand over the wound. His head a bit dizzy from the lost of blood. "I need to get back to Gan..." he whispered to himself as he made his way back to the cave.

Gandon startes to feel weal from the medicine Alek gave him. He laed agaimst the cave and closed his eyes feeling weak and tired. After awhile he felt himself drift off to sleep.

The sun was falling behind the horizon as Alek returned to his friend. He didn't have much time as he shook Gandon, "Wake up buddy. I got something that will help," his voice was weak. He could see his friend stir up from slumber. Alek quickly try to give him a drink from the bottle, "Here drink this, it will help with the infection." As magic, the wound quickly healed and Gandon's state of sickness seem to disappeared as it never happened.

Gandon woke and looked at his friend and then drank down the drink quickly. He looked shocked as his wound healed and then at his friend Who was pale. He got up quickly " what did you do alek"

A soft smile was on Alek's face before he fell sideways and collapsed on the floor. After losing so much blood, his head felt so light and everything was spinning. Yet somehow a smile was still on his face. He saved his friend, that was all that matters. Alek didn't feel any pain, only joy and a warm feeling washing over his body. He felt so tired, it was like he can finally go to bed now. It felt so comfortable, they were back in the village. He was going to get some rest before waking up to see his friend tomorrow.