Freinds Journey

Gandon was shocked when his friend collapsed on the floor. He quickly picked him up and cartied him out the cave and tword the town. Once there he brought him to the doc who placed him in the medical bed to rest.

The morning light awoke him from his sleep. He slowly open his hazel eyes and looked around the room, it wasn't his. Alek couldn't remember what happened for a moment until he tried to get up. His body felt weak and one glace at his arm reminded him of what happened at the ruins. He laid back down and wondered where his friend went and if he made it back okay.

Gandon walkd back into the room with some warm milk and food. He had a wet rag and placed on Alek head when his head and he placed the plate of food near him " glad your awake"

His eyes quickly looked to the door as it opens. A smile grew on his face when it was the familiar face of his friend. "Gan, I'm glad you are okay," he said before letting out a cough. Alek still didn't feel great and was happy to see food. His tummy was rumbling. "How long have I been out? And is your leg good now?" he asked sitting up slowly.

Gandon quickly helped his friend up and then rested his hand on his head to feel if he was warm. " you were out for two days and my leg is better thanks to you". He smiled warmly before adjusting the food so it was closer to Alek. He sat in the chair next to the bed and looked out thw window " thanks for saving me".

"Well I'm surpise to be alive honestly. I thought I was done for. So we are both even now," he replied as he gave his friend a nudge in the arm, though it was a bit weak. "So that was something else.. who knew such things existed out there." Alek said in a more serious manner. For their first adventure, it was more then he had expected.

Gandon nodded and looked at his friend who still looeked weak.
" i dont know how they became that but theose men...things were crazy
it was like the treasure turned them madd..and now will never truly know
what lies deep in that cave".

Alek looked at his friend with his bright hazel eyes, "Well do you think we should ever go back there? We never did find out the secret.." he asked his friend hoping it wasn't too soon. The boy didn't know how he felt about going back himself. It all felt like it was a distant dream already.

Gandon nodded slightly and then looked at his friend. " Yeah mabey
we could go back and check one last time when you get better, and we need
some new supplies and thinggs like that but ill be back shortly". He walked over to his friend and leaned
down pressing his lips against his cheek breifly and heading out the door.

Alek blinked a couple times briefly after his friend left the room. His cheek felt warm from where he kissed it. The boy got up from the bed slowly and awkwardly, still feeling a bit weak. Once he found his balance he was good to go again. He walked over to the window look outside. They must have been in the same inn as last time, the view look familiar from here. He could see the people of the town going about their business. He wonder where his friend ran off to.

Gandon looked around the stores finding alot of nice things he wanted to buy but he knew he couldn't. Walking around he fround a book sore.when he walked in he thought it was a worn down shop but he still looked through it until one book caught his attention " The book of spells". It was deffinitally old and he had to brush of the dust and cob webs. The book keeper eyed him and nodded " That is a marvelous book you choose it's been in this store for many many years, children pass it and so do adults so im supprised you saw it, might be fate". Gerard nodded and then bought the book before heading bak to chek on Alek.

The door creaked open as Gandon returns back to the room. Alek turned over to him with a smile. "There you are, where did you run off to?" he said walking over to him. The boy placed both hands on his buddy's shoulder. "So I have been thinking. We should prepare ourselves before going back there. We weren't ready last time and it almost cost our lives." He paused as in deep thought about something. "Maybe some kind of super secret weapon.."

When gandon walked in he was supprised to see that his friend was up and feeling better. " I just headed off to the book store and found this book of spells". When his friend mentioned a secrect weapon he looked at his friend confused. " What secrect weapon? Where will we get a secrect weap-". He stopped talking and looked at his book. " The book of spells! mabey this will work".

He look down to what his friend was staring at. Alek tilt his head slightly to the side and rubbed his chin. "That is a great idea! Perhaps you should handle the magic stuff though. I'm not too good at that stuff." His mind drifted back to the village when the old historian was teaching some of the kids how to perform simple magic spells. The spell was to cast a dim light that could show you the way in darkest of nights. Alek somehow cause the spell to become a bright flash bang that caused temporary blindness for a few minutes. He chuckled thinking about that day, "You don't want another flash bang incident do you?"

Gandon nodded and then looked through the pages of the book finding useful spells. He was great at magic but better in combat.He laughed and shook his head " No i dont want that to happen again, but hey when are we setting out again?". He looked at his friend and then down at the book. " hey sorry for this morning about the whole cheek thing".

The boy stretched out, feeling better. "Maybe one more day of rest and I should be back to 100%! What kind of spells are in there?" he asked curious of what fantastical magic Gandon would be able to wield now. He felt a soft blush when his friend mentioned the kiss, "Oh don't worry about it Gan. It is alright, I didn't mind it."

Gandon looked down at the spell of books and then he flipped through some pages. " Theres some on fire spells, ice, levitation, and control spells"> He was amazed that noone hid the book or bought it from the store but he was even more glad that he did. When Alek said he didn't mind he nooded and then sat on the bed and looked out the window. " Okay cool but were you mad about it?".

"No not at all, why would I get mad?" Alek went back to his bad and flopped on it. "Those sound like cool spells! I bet someone would freak if you shot a fire ball out. I know I would." A smile on his face as he looked up at the ceiling. His mind drifted somewhere about thinking of pranks that could be done with the spells to going back to the ruins.

Gandon nodded and then kept his eyes on the book as he skimmed through a few pages and then he sighed. His mind was somewhere else. " Hey man imma go lay down in the empty room next door". Not waiting for a reply he walked out and then entered the empty room sitting on the bed. He placed the book on the floor and then laid on the bed.

Alek watched his friend leave and wondered what was on his friend's mind. He laid in the bed for another few minutes before realizing the silence was killing him. The boy had to get up and do something. It was near dusk but the sun was still out, maybe he could explore the town a little bit. Getting off the bed he threw on his coat and head out. There were still people on the streets, getting ready for the day to be over. Alek found himself looking at strange objects from distant lands, but what caught his interest was an ebony bow, that seem to shimmer even though it was black.

"Ah, does that interest you boy? You have a good eye. It was crafted by dark elves long ago, said to have abilities that we are unable to understand," the old merchant told him while picking it up. He handed to Alek so he could examine it first hand. "Thought I don't know what it can do really. It is a power long lost to man. So I'll sell it to you for half the price." It was a deal the boy couldn't refuse, even if it didn't have magical attribution, the bow was beautiful.

He stroked the dark wood, feeling it's smooth polish and the carvings in the bow. The design was of swirls and captivated his attention. "Really? That would be great, I'll take it," Alek said without second thought. He returned back to the inn after looking around a bit more. He bought a nice treat for him and Gandon, a crystal that was sweet to the taste. He knocked on the other door, "Gan? You in there?"