Fire Emblem Fates - The Ocean's Silent Waves - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at the moment we're at the tail end at what WOULD be the branch of fates Corrin chose revelation and is going to pay for it as Xander and Ryoma don't back off. You can start off on the Hoshidan side which are currently fighting back Corrin and losing as well as getting smashed between what remains of the Nohr forces while Xander is fighting Ryoma. My main character, and two npcs are at the bridge where @AutumnWyvern is going to be and he's asking her to stand down.

I can't give you a definitive way in right now but you could be starting off on either Nohr or Hoshido or possibly you've just come across the battle and recognize Audric who is renown in Cheve and Nohr for his bandit hunting escapades and combat prowess and decide to help him.

I plan to have a post up tonight, just so y'all know. And so that now that i've made this post I have to do it tonight ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨

I'm not sure if that comment is proper English enough but good to know. I'm planning on letting this be multiple choice so right now to everyone in the roleplay where do you want to head to after the branch of fate?

Do we try to patch things up with Hoshido (not my first choice), do we go to Izumo? Do we try and see if Audric can rally Nestra? Or do we try our luck trying to get Xander to chill the fuck out? Personally I'd prefer the middle two.

I'm assuming we'd go to Izumo to talk to Izana. In that case. That is my choice on account of inevitable wacky antics.

I'd very much like to go see Izana too. However once we go to Nolan we're going to be picking up at least two or three characters not including the big guy himself. Izana we're going to pick up two characters there I think but i won't say who we're picking up for sake of no spoiling things. I got some fun characters planned out so you guys keep posting and we'll get there.

I just got home from work I'll see if I can get something done tonight
er, well, that sure didn't happen. I'll try for tomorrow but I always have a horrid time focusing on anything after work

Last edited:
@Dio Brando Could you expand your bio on why your family is so respected in the Kitsune's land? Maybe put in some personal experiences she had earlier in life that would make her want to join the army of Hoshido instead of just traveling like Kaden?

@ao4649 Could you go into more about what she's doing now? Is she in the army is she a part of some gang?
SORRY IT TOOK ME AGES FIRST MY ROUTER DIED THEN MY CAR ENGINE EXPLODED SO I WAS STRANDED FOR AGES but im here now and basically i left it open ended so i could just shove her wherever was most convenient-- which from the sounds of things rn is Hoshido since i think we're low on Hoshido siders-- but basically she's just an axe-for-hire rn and goes wherever the pay and resources are best. if theres any particular place or plot space you need filled id be happy to just shove her there really

I thought you made that wyvern rider person?

@AutumnWyvern I'll give you too tomorrow night to post. We've already waited quite a bit and we need to get moving.

I've been working on it on-and-off all day ;3 shoosh

Alright better late than never I suppose thank you.

6f7ba26e67285ec015120228273b36ae.jpg

I'll try to respond tomorrow it's really late here. Also I don't think the mood needs lightening but hey nothing wrong with a blank image now and again.

Name: Remigia.
Nicknames: Introduces self as 'Remi', but will answer to just about anything.
Age: Won't say; (Looks to be late teens/early twenties, but is actually somewhere in her 30s.)
Class: Wyvern Rider.
Home country: Born and raised in Nohr, has never left the country; Father is of Fire Tribe descent.
Appearance:
(picture coming soon i just dont feel like finding my tablet pen rn)
Of short stature (around 5'2) and slender, almost sharp build. She is dark-olive skinned and vaguely roundfaced with pale, upturned eyes, and keeps naturally light grey hair (camouflaging early grey streaks as lighter tones) tied up to the side, occasionally braided. Prefers long gloves to conceal markings on arms and chest despite a distaste for warm weather-- tends to forgo most heavy or metallic armour as a result ('I was fine without it as a Dark Mage, she insists'). Single mark on cheek. Fond of eye makeup. Bad at smiling.
-
Personality:
Pragmatic; For someone with such a negative outview, she's very determined to live, and is willing to drop anything and everything to do it. If a solution isn't working out for her, she'll find another, and if something else just isn't making sense, she prefers to nix it. Possibly due to her impoverished upbringing and own personal mistakes, inefficiency irritates her beyond belief and wastefulness is an unforgiveable sin to her. This sense of rigid realism contributes to her pessimism, as she often finds wistfulness, regrets or even some interactions to be a waste of time. As a result, she isn't the best with people (and though she'd never admit it, she's actually very lonely).
Creative; When the going gets tough, the tough gets going-- sometimes in the most absurd ways possible. She has her own way of doing things, and is very good at finding odd solutions to difficult problems. When in doubt, BS your way out. As a related side effect to this and a bit of a hint at her previous potion experience, she's especially adept at cooking, and often makes up strange but delicious combinations on kitchen duty.
Thorough; Though things don't always catch her interest and she can even appear apathetic or listless at times, she gets extremely dedicated to research. Really, when she gets interested in a topic, she obsesses. She always has to know every detail, read every book, and know every fact. Though this is useful on the battlefield (memorising maps and knowing inventory by heart), it becomes a bit of a social hindrance; approaching her in the midst of a fresh obsession is the best way to become bogged down with more facts than you ever wanted to know about fish.
Fatuous; Despite her true age and worldly demeanour, she is prone to bouts of immaturity, typically in the form of schadenfreude or crude humour. Ironically, this is why she prefers not to share her age-- she tends to find it a little embarrassing that she hardly acts the part.
Blunt; Wasting time is wasting resources, and as such she isn't one to beat around the bush. Being direct to a fault, she often has trouble remembering that blunt approaches don't always work for everyone and actually has an alarming tendency to put her foot in her mouth as a result. She fails to notice that honesty and rudeness are not necessarily interchangeable concepts and while she can be counted on to always deal with problems head on, she can not be counted on to solve them competently. While this is a social hazard for her, she often excuses herself on account of her curse, claiming that such a thing makes relationship's fruitless anyway. Whether or not she really believes this is another matter entirely.
Conceited; Though her lesson was learned and she has for the most part gotten past her hedonistic tendencies, she can come off as a bit of a know-it-all and does often genuinely believe she knows better than others, either due to her age and experiences or due to her research-- though she oft forgets books are not always replacements for hands-on experience and her own experience-based knowledge is very niched. As such, she can be a bit shortsighted and fail to see the point of view of others, or have difficulty relating to their problems. Though she does not give advice unless asked, she tends to believe her approach is best and may become offended if said advice is ignored.

At best she is practical, worldly, and reliable.
At worst she is nihilistic, tactless, and stubborn.

Biography/history: Born to lower-middle class family in Nohr (consisting of: One (1) father, deceased, one (1) mother, estranged, and several moderately rambunctious felines) and raised on the barely comfortable and ever precarious poverty line, Remi learned to get by via a combination of pragmatic action and adaptability, growing up taking odd jobs to help support her family until adulthood and a traditional Nohrian lack of resources led her to more drastic measures-- magic is one resource there's never been any shortage of, and as it turned out, she had a natural knack for it-- quickly picking up flame magic to keep the furnace lit, followed by an increasing collection for the purpose of fighting off bandits and thieves. Talent turned to obsession and as her thirst for more and more tomes drained her coinpurse, her mother eventually grew bitter that her hobby cost more money than it ever brought in or saved and requested (less than politely) she make as most adults do and leave her home.

Unable to deny such logic and naively eager for the opportunity to travel and gain more knowledge (perhaps foreign magic-- the scrolls of her father's homeland rang appealing), but quickly discovered that demand for freelance mages is low, and money does not grow on trees (and, in land like this, neither does food). But, creatures of darkness may survive on darkness, and as it happens some dark tomes have the interesting property of absorbing the health and life force of those victim to their curses. In a hedonistic fit, she took to stealing life as normal thieves stole gold-- at first only to get by, but later in excess; why not retain youth and vitality if you have the option? And given the unique situation, it was hard to catch on to her scheme, let alone ever stop her. Surely the everpresent fatigue and declining health of the denizens of the area was just the result of some mysterious plague, right?

But hubris rarely holds for long, and after some years of making her life this way, her act was caught-- by another mage, no less. Knowing such an accusation would never take hold (let alone sink in), the mage decided to teach her a lesson. A toxic body for her toxic attitude-- every spell cast left a rot in her bones and every life stolen left her feeling lifeless, eventually a walking corpse if she continued as she were. Despite her best efforts she was left unable to remove the malady; after all, her specialty was laying corpses, not lifting them, and eventually her pragmatic adaptability came into play again, and she told herself, 'If magic is the cause my condition, why not forgo it altogether?'. Thusly and with great bitterness, she left her life's work, decades of research and practice behind her and took up an axe in lieu of a tome. After all, she'd always rather liked dragons, and in any case, flyers were in high demand in times of war.

Hey, conquest is as good an excuse to travel as any, right?
-
Weapons: Bronze Axe

Items: Nothing relevant, but probably has a weirdly expansive candle stash.

Other: Born 1/19; The least finicky with food.

---
its like 7am and i havent slept yet so if my english is failing me lemme know and i can redo some parts of it lol i just wanted to get this done
This is the character I'm referring to and I've already accepted it but if you want to swap out characters feel free too.

i... dont understand why you think i'm trying to swap out characters?

Because you're asking about swapping to Hoshido when the character was made to be a Nohr character? I guess I'm just misunderstanding and you want to be a mercenary on Hoshido's side maybe?

I will have a post tonight, I just don't know when.

Status
Not open for further replies.