• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean character names and possible pairings ^_^
I am very tempted to go look them up and I know I will find major spoilers that way :D

Oooooh. Yeah I don't normally consider that stuff spoilers, sorry ;w;

Nah don't be sorry ^_^

All pretty much on the mark @AutumnWyvern but it is IS we're talking about, they've been sticks in the mud for the longest time. A+ I saw as best buddies and S being an actual romance...and yeah Effie and Elise should've had an S rank convo, i also agree with the Azura comment, she keeps standing beside you no matter your gender.

I did read the rules. The only problem is that it had been a while since I actually did come back to this, and my memory serves me terribly sometimes. It won't happen again, so dun worry. I've reread the rules as well xD
@- Falcon -

@Archer the thing is IS also does Paper Mario, which has a canon transgender character, Vivian (though that was changed in the NA release), and is known for critiquing some of the common tropes and pitfalls of some of the other mario games or games in general (like that scene in paper jam where the two princess peaches complain about how they want to try a new look but are talked out of it because its not princess-y enough). So... Either the FE team needs to sit down and talk to the Paper Mario team or something because I know they can do it. And nintendo overall has been really accepting and listening to people about lgbt+ representation so there is no problem there....
What is holding them back??? Come on IS it's 2016 chop chop

(Yeah A+ Is supposed to be best buddies, but it can only be done with characters of the same sex, and it can be only done once per character. So it's set up almost like an alternative to S rank but noooot quite. Honestly at the bare minimum they should have had an extra support convo)

@Karakui I feel like you really only skimmed my post, if not outright didn't read the point I was making and I even gave examples both from another source and one that I pulled out of my ass that could be conceivable for the FE universe. And no I'm not saying it has to be done for every pairing same sex or not that'd be asinine, I'm just saying that there should be a way for same sex couples to have kids in universe. And that I find the idea of just tossing your kid into another universe so they grow up faster absolutely hilarious. And I wonder how something like that can be considered okay, but if I bring up the topic of the same sex pairings having children (which once again can happen in real life) people act like it's absolute blasphemy.
Like re: the deeprealms thing does the mother go in there too while she is pregnant??? You can't have someone who is like 7months pregnant on the battle field. That was something that was never addressed in EITHER fates or awakening but people just kind of gloss over it and not think about it because it's never brought up. This game and it's lore isn't perfect, there are plenty of holes. Like the one I abused to come up with Silvia to begin with. In order to not make a separate taguel sprite for Morgan they had to include a line that basically said that in mix breeds it's possible for them to not have any taguel traits showing. And, if that is the case, it's more than entirely possible that there are taguel half-breeds that Panne doesn't know about or even that the child themself doesn't know about it. (Of course I went and did give her animal ears and a tail, but that's mostly bc I'm a huge furry and i think it's cute).
Like. You do realize the reason they made the outrealm gate was to be able to sell DLC right? Yeah they were able to work it into the plot and use it as a way to potentially tie together all FE games past and present regardless of what timeline it's in... But mechanically speaking it was made to sell DLC.

Like I said my main point im trying to make is that all this weirdass stuff is possible, but something that can happen in real life is impossible because??? Why????
Well, the children in Awakening could have been from a lull in the war when there was really no way left to resist, so they settled down to make the most of their remaining time.

Also, same-sex children actually can't happen in real life. THEORETICALLY it's possible, and it's possible through donor sperm / surrogate mothers, but children who have the DNA of both parents is impossible for same sex pairs. The theory behind it is that they use altered skin cells to make the child - but that comes with the same problems as cloning does - a whole ton of developmental problems (See Dolly the Sheep). In fact, these problems are even more likely in human clones, because humans live longer and thus age-related cell decay becomes more frequent.

I did read the entire post, I just found most of it irrelevant or hilarious, so I only responded to the slightly logical stuff. No, you're not saying it has to be done for every pairing. I'm the one who said that, because it's ridiculous, in a medieval, science-less world, to have a baby shrine if it only exists for same sex couples and every other baby is made normally.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the Outrealm gate exists to sell DLC. I actually acknowledged that in my previous post, if you'd care to read it properly. In fact, that's my entire argument - Nintendo is a business, and every decision they make has positive and negatives attached to it. In this case, the positives of same-sex children is completely overwhelmed by the negatives. It makes no sense to allow same sex children if in exchange it sacrifices a huge amount of setting integrity - especially when that's already fragile from how they implemented normal children. With the normal children though, the positives of adding them outweighed the negatives of the dubious moral situation going on in the game character population.

As for the range of character orientations in the game... yes, I'd like to have seen more than just one homosexual option, but I can understand why there's only one - they're testing the waters. Throwing in a whole bunch of them could have received significant backlash from the anti-gay community. I expect the next game will be much more broad with pairings. It may even have every character be bisexual.

If you read the conversation between archer and I and still firmly believe that you can't include children from same sex couples in the game then I have nothing more to say to you on this matter.
(p.s. trans people exist)

On a lighter note I drew my husband a bunch
pcMt6KM.png

game status update: how in the world is conquest chapter 23 even possible new units spawn like every turn on the other side of the map and archers everywhere and holy crap
also how the heck do ppl get all the kids man I've barely been able to get any supports up (i can only streetpass battle so much) aaaaaa

Last edited:
@Archer @Aria Valle @AtomicItalian @AutumnWyvern @Dakup @ᴅɪᴀʙᴏʟɪᴄᴀʟ @DustBunny @Karakui @Kestrel @Korra Quinn @Leif @Maxim @Nano @Requiem @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

All right All Roll call!
I know various people have had sickness, and school, and internet issues, or have planned out their late entrance with me, but a few of you haven't posted since the first turn. So please let me know if you're still in, or in but can't post etc. so I know what to expect ^_^

I am working on my next post now. The next turn will end next Wednesday.

All right, post has been made.
I took the liberty of forcing things forward a bit.

Well I'm still here, but I'm sure we all knew that. Guh why does my spring break have to be the week before everyone else's?

Game updates: I ended up getting all the kids by spending the first day of spring break doing nothing but battling in newbie castles over wifi. Yep. Making my way through the paralogues now... Still dreading chapter 23...
Kid units are seriously boosted up in this game, or at least they are in conquest??? I remember not using many kid units in awakening because my units that I used frequently were around the same or better... But now my team is like... Half kids
Also it looks like you can't perpetually reclass into the same class to get extra boosted stats. Ah well.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Sorry, I was without computer for a while, but I'll work on something soon!!

• Thank You
I live, sorry >.>

• Thank You
I'm still around, sorry about waiting so long. Last couple of weeks of school have been rather time consuming, so I only recently came up with a good post idea.

• Thank You
I'm sorry everyone. I'm going to drop this. I'm having too much trouble finding time and motivation. Best of luck to everyone.

• Thank You
@Leif - You're welcome back anytime ^_^

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Dusk
I'm so so so so so so so so sorry ;A;
My teacher thought it would be a good idea to just smash a unit test for tomorrow, and my English teacher gave me this unit project as well. There there's my art and I have to think of all this civics stuff and I haven't been getting alerts ;n;
I actually might have to drop out, since I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace. That, and I'm not gonna be free over the break (Boo) So I'm scared that I might hold you guys up >-<

• Thank You
@Nano, Do what's best for you ^_^
Though If you can give me a small post or collab for the weeks you can do something and let me know the weeks you can't I'm sure we can figure something out if you'd like to stay in.

This isn't really related to anything but it's fantasy and FE is fantasy and so you may be interested. I stumbled upon this really great under the radar manga series, and it's getting an anime real soon. The PV is simply amazing. It gave me shivers! It's called The Ancient Magus' Bride or Mahou Tsukai no Yome. I binge read all the released chapters earlier today.Here is where I read all of them, but Amazon has all 5 volumes up for sale, and like I know when I get the spare cash I'm so gonna get the volumes. Here is the pv:

I'm sorry I just gotta tell like EVERYONE I know about this it's so goood~

I'll get a post up asap (today or tomorrow) my manager quit so I have his and my duties to do right now seeing as how I'm the most qualified for it (yeah no pay raise though)

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.