Finding the Light

"Anything really, I just want to watch something. Can you surprise me?" she asked softly. She heard a ping and went to take the brownies out. She set them on the stove and let them cool down.

"Alright, I guess." He left to look through the movies.

She smiled and while he was gone, she cut up the brownies.

"Found one," he said, smiling as he walked back in.

She smiled, setting the plate of brownies down on the counter. She smiled at him and then the bell rang.

"That must be the pizza. I'll get it." He ran to the front door, paying the delivery guy and bringing the pizzas in.

She smiled and followed him and stood a ways away, not looking at the pizza boy. She didn't pay him any mind as he watched her. She was very pretty and she smiled happily as he walked in with the pizza. She smiled at him and went back to the kitchen and set the table and she went to the fridge and got them something to drink. "Do you want a beer or soda?" she asked softly.

"A soda is fine.... You may have either," he said with a small smile.

She shook her head. "Soda's fine with me," she said softly to him, as she served them both a glass of soda.

He smiled, taking a sip. "Ok then."

She sat down, pulling her leg up to rest her head on as she took a slice of the Pepperoni and handed it to him. She then took a slice of the one with olives and smiled, taking a bite and smiling softly.

He nibbled at it, walking over to turn the movie on.

She smiled softly, eating the slice of pizza after ten minutes into the movie. She grabbed another slice, only finishing half of it before she stopped eating, grabbing a few bottles of water and drinking them as she watched the movie.

He smiled at her, then said, "Since today is your 18th birthday, I decided I'd picka movie that you're supposed to be 18 or up to watch."

She nodded her head, jumping a little at some of the scary scenes. She leaned into him, her hand at her mouth as she watched.

He smiled, slipping an arm around her shoulders and hugging her.

She let out a yelp at a particularly scary scene and hid her face in his chest. She wasn't good with scary movies.

He hugged her close, comforting her.

When she didn't hear anymore bones breaking she looked back at the tv and stayed close to him, watching until the movie ended.

He reacjed over, shutting it off with the remote. "A little too gruesome?"