Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtesy. As the last few times, whenever there was a posting order. Everyone got hung up on a single person. So to avoid that, we'll just stick with courtesy. @Dipper

Reactions: Dipper
I completely forgot this thread was a thing lol, as I forgot the Character Index was not the OOC and remembered there was an OOC at all

but yea hi hi

and I didn't expect you to also join, Kay, lol

@Kaykay

I'm wondering if, maybe, we could put together some subplots? Nothing serious, just something to move the main plot forward and give it a bit more flavor.

Reactions: Kagayours
I'm wondering if, maybe, we could put together some subplots? Nothing serious, just something to move the main plot forward and give it a bit more flavor

Ordinarily I expect subplots to sort of blossom naturally as a result of characters interacting with each other, but yes, it's always good to encourage subplots, imo. o3o

I know I'm already quite looking forward to seeing how Adric and the Doctor interact with each other. I'm not sure it fully counts as a "subplot", but I feel like it'll at least be... something. I dunno, we'll see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ordinarily I expect subplots to sort of blossom naturally as a result of characters interacting with each other, but yes, it's always good to encourage subplots, imo. o3o

I know I'm already quite looking forward to seeing how Adric and the Doctor interact with each other. I'm not sure it fully counts as a "subplot", but I feel like it'll at least be... something. I dunno, we'll see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm no expert on Doctor Who, but from the way you guys talk, it seems like this particular relationship is going to be interesting.

Hm. A subplot based around these characters learning about each other/learning to get along is pretty much the best start we've got. Infighting. Folks trying to assert themselves as the leader of the troupe. One of the aliens who is completely neutral and wants to hang with the crazies. Getting lost in the prison like idiots.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan.

I can already see a conversation with Jacket. "Hey........Man.....What's your deal?" *click* "Greetings! - My name is - Jacket!" "Cool name.......So, why're you wearing that rooster mask?"

"............"

Or something like that.

I completely forgot this thread was a thing lol, as I forgot the Character Index was not the OOC and remembered there was an OOC at all

but yea hi hi

and I didn't expect you to also join, Kay, lol

@Kaykay
I was almost sort of slightly involved with the basic set up of this so I figured I should lol

Sounds like a plan.

I can already see a conversation with Jacket. "Hey........Man.....What's your deal?" *click* "Greetings! - My name is - Jacket!" "Cool name.......So, why're you wearing that rooster mask?"

"............"

Or something like that.
Lucio just, "Hahaha" Slapping knee as he laughs. "Dude I'm loving that rooster mask, that would go so well with my frog mask"

Yep. The one thing I am considering is whether or not to make it a thing where some cities have wanted notifications of the escapees. And thus the characters have to keep a low profile. Opinions/Suggestions?

I'd figure they would be keeping a low profile regardless. But if you want, you could probably add in a bit of bounty hunting to increase the fun.

I like that idea.....Question is, should there be unique bounty hunters, or just random dudes constantly out to get them.

[By unique, I do mean ones with names, development, etc]

That's two sides of the same thing. The reason why there are unique bounty hunters is that there are dudes out to get them. In such a case as this, they always both exist. When there needs to be a unique one is determined by if there is going to be a story needing that kind of bounty hunter.

Hey I was giving thought to something..

What language do we speak?

If they were, in essence, kidnapped by interdimensional aliens, the odds are low that they would speak English, right? Will there be like.. translator badges or translator microbes or do we just say everyone speak Basic?

• Useful
Reactions: The Wanderer

If they were, in essence, kidnapped by interdimensional aliens, the odds are low that they would speak English, right? Will there be like.. translator badges or translator microbes or do we just say everyone speak Basic?
That, uh, gives me a few problems.

Who wants to be my translator?

That, uh, gives me a few problems.

Who wants to be my translator?
Shouldn't the Doctor and his TARDIS already fix that problem? :P It has an "auto-translation" feature, which is exactly how the show gets around the issue of travelling to different planets and even different places on earth without a language barrier ever being an issue.

Yes, I know that the Doctor doesn't have his TARDIS with him, but even in the show, the auto-translation always seems to keep working even when the Doctor and his TARDIS become separated, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And even if we rule out tying the translation thing to Doctor Who lore specifically, I still feel like any auto-translator that runs on similar rules will do the job just as well.

That is a good question.......While translator devices are awesome, we should go with basic. Easy and simple.

That is a good question.......While translator devices are awesome, we should go with basic. Easy and simple.
Well, I mean, an auto-translate sounds pretty basic to me. It basically just works in the background. Even the auto-translate in Doctor Who isn't even mentioned in most episodes, and only ever comes up when someone asks "hey, why are all the aliens speaking English?" and then the Doctor is all like "well actually" and explains that it only sounds like English due to the auto-translating.

So we can basically just do something like that. Everything can be written in English even with the understanding that a lot of characters would be speaking different languages. And no one even notices that any translation would be necessary because they're all just hearing their native language.

It's basically the exact same thing as saying "let's just completely ignore language barriers to make our lives easier", but with an in-universe justification for it. XD

Reactions: The Wanderer
Language barriers rarely make for good scenework or writing, and generally best reserved for times when that is of central importance to the plot or a character.

Language barriers rarely make for good scenework or writing, and generally best reserved for times when that is of central importance to the plot or a character.
o3o Well, yes, but I assumed this is a case where it isn't important to the plot and would instead just be a barrier that prevents our characters from communicating with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.