Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Wanderer Posted the new character... Introducing Ness. :) ( Younger than the rest)

Nice. @LuckycoolHawk9

Both of your characters are accepted. @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gremory

Important note. I did edit in a quick and easy way for knowing that your character has been accepted. Basically, once your CS post has received a "You get a cookie" rating. That means, you can post in the IC.

Reactions: Takumi and Gremory
Important note. I did edit in a quick and easy way for knowing that your character has been accepted. Basically, once your CS post has received a "You get a cookie" rating. That means, you can post in the IC.
Cool. Would it be safe for to assume since ( ironically) there are four of us we wound up in the same cell?

• Thank You
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Next story post is going up tomorrow. Be sure to get posts in before that. OPEN SIGNUPS - Finding Justice IC
:/ What happens if someone doesn't get their post in? I haven't made any additional posts for Adric because I've been waiting for @Lord President Nick to post. Never mind the fact that I don't think @Dipper has posted for Jono, either. Due to that, I feel like I haven't had any time to let Adric get acquainted with his cell-mates...

It's fine. Interactions can continue into the next day. As I think far too many people are getting stuck with interacting with people who haven't posted yet. @Kagayours

I will try to make a post for Hei, Delsin and Jacket.

Sorry, sorry. I've got several different roleplays and threads to tend to, so, unfortunately, I'm going to have to pull out.

Good luck to the rest of you, though.

><"" Ughhh. If I had known that things were going to play out this way, I would've replied to this post back when I had the chance. I was looking forward to that reply, but I don't think I'll have time to squeeze it into my schedule tonight... DX
It's fine. Interactions can continue into the next day. As I think far too many people are getting stuck with interacting with people who haven't posted yet. @Kagayours
:/ Yeah, I get what you're saying... I figured it made sense to wait for Nick, given our choice of characters, but, yeah. At this point, I just wished I'd gone ahead and posted for Adric again so that we could at least let that interaction play out. I didn't consider that there would be hard cut-offs where story-advancing posts were concerned...

Basically what I'm trying to say is: I just wish I'd known ahead of time that skipping Nick (and following the original one-post-per-week rule that I originally intended on following) would be a better choice than waiting... but I guess it's my fault for not asking you about it when I first noticed that I'd been waiting for more than a week. ><""

Edit: I'm not trying to say that I disagree with your decision or anything. I'm mainly just frustrated with myself, is all.

Last edited:
Never rely on internet strangers to do their part, or even be courteous in not doing so. It feels nice to be patient and courteous, but in these games bad behavior is so common that the actual courteous thing is to ignore whatever slows the game down too much and to keep moving forward

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

Never rely on internet strangers to do their part, or even be courteous in not doing so. It feels nice to be patient and courteous, but in these games bad behavior is so common that the actual courteous thing is to ignore whatever slows the game down too much and to keep moving forward
... :I And I did start to worry that things might get held up if I waited too long. I've done my fair share of GMing, too, so I understand the importance of moving forward instead of waiting indefinitely. Part of the reason why I hadn't gone ahead and posted sooner is because I've kind of been super-busy, myself, anyway -- so my thought process was kind of like, "yeah, I'm waiting on Nick, and I've been left waiting a long time, but, I'm also swamped in homework right now, so it's not like I'm sitting around super bored or anything. I have other stuff I can (and should) be doing in the meantime." Anytime I considered posting for this thread, I decided that, given how I was still waiting for two other players (technically only one now that Dipper's gone, but still), it really didn't need to be very high on my priority list. Meanwhile, all my homework, and several other RP's, ranked a bit higher on that list... so my limited time and energy went there instead of here.

I also thought that, if the GM wanted me to go ahead and post without Nick, or if he was at all bothered by how slow that group was moving, then he would say something to me and let me know that I should be posting instead of waiting. I didn't expect that the cut-off for IC posting before the next story-advancing post would come at me so suddenly, without giving me any time to actually do any more IC posting before it happens. I thought that, if I was told to just go ahead and post without Nick, then I would have a window of opportunity to actually... do that. BUT, that was my fault for assuming the GM would do things a certain way instead of just asking what he'd prefer that I do. I'm not trying to blame Wanderer for all this. I shouldn't have assumed that no word on my group's status from Wanderer meant "yeah, I don't care that you're moving slowly, you can keep on waiting."

In any case -- because of my actions, our group was stalled for weeks and neither of us were able to do much of any RPing there. And now that I've finally gotten the message to move on, it's still too late to do anything with that particular interaction... and I'm just a little bit upset at myself for this, because, if I knew that I should've moved on a lot sooner, then I would've been able to get in that response to your character that I was looking forward to. Also, I feel guilty about denying you the chance to use your character for so long, so... sorry about that.

In a general sense, though, I do understand why it isn't a good thing to wait for people forever. I just regret not posting back when I actually would've had time to post.

I'm sad to say I must drop out due to personal reasons.

Edit: you could probably say my characters were proven innocent and sent to their home worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to worry like that, especially on the point of not being able to go back to the interaction. All too common of a situation in this kind of game. Besides, sometimes ideas don't get lost as much as they come back in another form. See you on the other side.

@The Wanderer Just letting you know that I might be kind of afk for a few days. I'm going to a convention this weekend.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Wanderer
Reactions: Takumi
So uh

Is it safe to assume that the reason why this RP has gone so silent lately, is because everyone's busy with finals and stuff?

I mean, that's the reason why I haven't made any attempt to post in a while, despite being so concerned about getting a post in before... ^^"

Aaaanyway. If that's the reason why things have stopped moving around here, then, I'm not going to complain. Not only does real life come first, but like -- if this RP had been moving at its usual pace during the past couple weeks, there's no way I would've been able to keep up. XD I'm only mentioning all this to let you guys know that I never lost interest or dropped out or anything, and that I'll be able to get back into the swing of regular posting in the next couple weeks or so -- assuming everyone else here is also planning on getting things moving again as the semester draws to a close.

It's been a month since this has been updated so... is this dead? ...I'm guessing it is so I'm going to unwatch the threads. If for some reason it revives, someone be sure to let me know and I'll be back. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Takumi
Status
Not open for further replies.