Fate/Shattered Gospel (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On top of that, anyone want to have a grand ol' time with Sinbad? He's almost finished on page 4.

Reactions: Akashi
If you want to play the Grail War on Legendary mode, be my Servant. If not, pick a better Master than an almost legal loli.

Reactions: Akashi
If you want to play the Grail War on Legendary mode, be my Servant. If not, pick a better Master than an almost legal loli.
Honestly Sinbad seems like the perfect fit for your master. EX luck with misfortune. I'd be more than happy to have Sinbad be her Servant!

Honestly Sinbad seems like the perfect fit for your master. EX luck with misfortune. I'd be more than happy to have Sinbad be her Servant!
It would balance it out.

Heck.. if I made a master I would've probably asked for Sinbad being my servant.. But I'm not.

>EX LCK and Misfortune Origin cancel each other out
>suddenly pairing becomes hella boring

RIP

>EX LCK and Misfortune Origin cancel each other out
>suddenly pairing becomes hella boring

RIP
Haha fair enough! I was more so thinking personality wise, but of course you don't fully know what Sinbad is like yet since I'm not done :P I'll save making pairs myself until he's finished, though if anyone wants to be paired then just say so!

DzesUEQ.png

If Shinobu had Imagine Breaker on her, would that double her misfortune or cancel it out?

Reactions: cojemo
If Shinobu had Imagine Breaker, she wouldn't be a Master. She'd just be sad.

LUL, dont even talk about imagine breaker. :P

238cd46c4e.jpg

Name: Cecilia Qualinthe
Elemental Affinity: Water
Alignment: Neutral Good
Origin: Infinity

Magic Circuits
Number:
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ - D
Quality:
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ - B

Magecraft/Abilities:
Cecilia's primary usage of magecraft and the aspect of her existence that gives "notoriety" in the magus world, is her set of Mystic Eyes whose properties are unique even in the realm of Mystic Eyes.

Mystic Eyes of Collapse​

The possession of these Mystic Eyes is a unique occurrence, hypothesized by peers as a happenstance destiny merged by both a specialized experience and genetic predisposition; Cecilia could very well have gone through life having never received them, had her choices in the past been even slightly different.

Stemming from her temporary perception of a fundamental aspect of reality during a routine magus exercise, the Mystic Eyes seem to be a sort of "unlocking" of an otherwise untapped ability in Cecilia, affording her the preposterous ability to "see" the waveforms of an entity prior to its collapse. That is, Cecilia, unlike the mundane scientists of the world who would so love to be able to do, can perceive an entity without truly "observing" it. By so choosing to observe a waveform, Cecilia can guide localized fate, shifting her own existence in various ways.

Though presumed indefinite in its upper limits of manipulation, Cecilia can so far only see and collapse waveforms pertaining to herself, and only those in relatively "close existential similarity". She cannot, for example, collapse the waveform that would render her a bucket of water, but can collapse the waveform that shifts her position. Ultimately, her Mystic Eyes afford her a form of teleportation (true teleportation), though in a more fundamental way, this can be further manipulated.

In the sense that an entity's position and momentum cannot be simultaneously determined, Cecilia's Mystic Eyes may effectively circumvent the rule, maintaining her "position" and cementing its "momentum". Cecilia may launch strikes that, in essence, have their momentum (and thus their force) purposefully determined. Punches and kicks can be given a momentum with exceptional force to them, affording Cecilia a close combat ability that surpasses normal human ability.

With the sheer amount of information being imprinted upon her conscious when used, the Mystic Eyes are an extremely transient spell, activated and used in mere fractions of a second. It is for this reason that their appearance are effectively never seen.

Other Abilities:
As an extension of her potential using her Mystic Eyes of Collapse, Cecilia had taken up the practice of arcane melee during her studies, further amplifying the potency of her abilities. As a martial artist, Cecilia possesses a notoriety noticed by many others; without it, her 'one-trick pony' Mystic Eyes would be useless. It is this reason why she strives to maintain her martial prowess and continually improve it. Even with the abilities granted to her, they could be crushed by an even mildly skilled mage with highly attuned senses, were she to drop the ball.

Mystic Codes/ Magical Items:
Forced Fundamental Impossibility
A low-quality Mystic Code, thanks to its use of novel metaphor rather than any established myth or mystic importance. Cecilia's FFI Mystic Code is a mere Techni-Quark contained through the use of magic (an impossibility with current mundane technology). Being a supremely fundamental particle usually uncontrollable specifically through thaumaturgy, its containment represents a sort of dominion over basic laws through magic, empowering the user as an amplifying Mystic Code. Its effects are weak, though help Cecilia to manipulate fundamental forces "close" to the tier of the Techni-Quark, such as electromagnetism, gravity, etc. It is contained in a choker upon her neck.

Personality:
Cecilia's motives ultimately align with that of humanity. She is sane, empathetic, and kind-hearted, but hoists the betterment of a group or society above that of a single individual. Though it would be a severe situation indeed, she is not above sacrificing someone should it result in an overall gain for more, either sooner or later. A true utilitarian, Cecilia tries her utmost to follow this moral philosophy, thinking as long as she can, unless the time calls for expediency.

It is, however, this predisposition towards reflection that Cecilia may appear suddenly brooding and melancholy; there seems to be a conflict in her personality. What she believes in, and what she follows may butt heads in her heart, on occasion. Whenever she finds herself at these crossroads, Cecilia will always take the same route, but dwell upon the choice she once had nevertheless.

Short History:
A woman destined to look deeper and deeper. Cecilia belongs to a minor Magus family, the Qualinthe, native to the Americas. Focused on the pursuit of the Root by looking upon the most fundamental forces of reality, their magic takes on a frequently strange and unique nature. Following in their path, Cecilia was of course raised to take on this common family mission, gazing upon particles and quantum forces in their quest for the Root.

It was during this training of manipulating atoms and forces that Cecilia was bestowed with the Mystic Eyes of Collapse, no doubt caused by the gradual perception of things not normally perceptible, much less understood, by mundane humans. With them, she grew to become one of the most notable individuals of her family, possibly even the bright future of their bloodline.

She grew as any other Magus would, developing her skills and knowledge progressively and steadily, leaving her where she is today...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Akashi and Epsir
Apologies for the delay in any replies, I had a day out with friends at a movie then generally lounged the night away.

@cojemo Interesting to know! I learned the name from a friend upon asking for figures that might fit the role, and I instantly fell in love with what I was reading about him. I lean towards more chaotic villainous types in these sorts of RPs, but an actually stand up, good person that was literally killed by a holding to virtues most people find positive is very interesting to me.

@Nevvy Thanks for the input, you were right on about Battle Continuation and I've added it since. As far as his stats go, Endurance does have reason to go up, but I like to think as those base stats being him for 90% of the time, and it's only when his NP is active that he really shows everything he is. He's a formidable warrior, but almost everything about him is defined by how his life ended and how he went about it, if that makes sense. That's the sort of theme I'm going for with him, anyway.

@DrowsyPangolin Just an @ to let you know I edited in a few more details and now am pretty happy with the profile overall.

Well, up to you. I just thought I'd point it out since I figured he was pretty strong in the first place in something and that if anything stood out for him on a day to day basis, it'd be that. The stats shouldn't reflect the NP of course. It is just a matter of interpretation. I'm just a bit against stats hitting the A range without a clear feat that makes it believable. For him, he has such a feat and while the NP is a NP, it is only an example of him in his harshest circumstances, not a special case where he takes a potion or uses a weapon which then allows him to do something out of the ordinary. It is just him in a life or death situation. So to me it would also make sense that his stats at base could reflect such. Obviously he's in a heightened state in NP but his overall endurance should have been up at that level before in a realistic sense. Because it is a NP, it can sort of break that, being the special thing it is. Ok, kinda getting ramblish. Point is that in my head it was justified since he doesn't have additional aid in his life that would cause his performance during the trial to be anything beyond what he was already capable of. Even if as a heroic spirit his NP enhances him, in life it didn't. It was just the thing that gave him fame. So it isn't like you need to feel the need to retroactively dock stats down from what he is when he's performing at his best necessarily.

You do have a point. I've always been the sort of person that tends to underpower what I create than overpower and create an issue. The more game-y aspects of Fate like the lettered stats and whatnot always throw me for a bit of a loop so I waffle to and fro on what sounds good to me versus what sounds good to someone with a better understanding of it all.

@MechanicalHorse Alrighty, I looked over the character sheet and everything looks good! I'll go ahead and add Tlahuicole to the character list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is really for a rough understanding. I don't think these guys are going to start pulling out a bunch of referee calls based on stats except possibly when dealing with particular stated cases. For example, Heracles god hand nullification in which case the attack is either is better than B or it isn't. So I doubt it is a big deal.

@DrowsyPangolin Thank you! Pleasure to be aboard.

@Nevvy True that, true that. My last go with this format of roleplay was rather heavily reliant on combat and similar stats so maybe I'm unconsciously playing the worry wort a little bit. I appreciate your input.

Alrighty, so as far as potentially having an encounter with a Servant while having some major advantage on his side (i.e. surprise, weakened Servant, etc) I'm cool with him potentially being able to edge out a win. I'm not going to stress the "People can't fight Servants" bit, because that totally happens, but it also wouldn't be a fight a person could 'reliably' win. Generally speaking, in a fight between a human(I realize 'human' is a bit of a loose word for Chain) and a Servant, the Servant should nearly always have the edge. Not that upsets can't happen. Now as far as 'running out the clock' on a Masterless Servant, that's definitely possible, but even in a weakened state they'd probably be stronger and faster than him, so he would need some tricks up his sleeve to pull that off. Like I said I don't want to nitpick too much or beat a dead horse, I just wanna make sure we're on the same page.
Of course. He's just meant to be a very dangerous Master, not a Servant by any other name.
I think I understand Svipall. Question though, would large scale magecraft of a high caliber (i.e. from a Caster) not create a strong enough 'funnel' to overpower it?
Yeah, naturally. I figure it's a given that once a Caster gets involved, all magecraft-related bets are off to begin with.
Gotcha on the immunity. If I could make a suggestion on it though, maybe be a bit more specific on the exact action he's immune against, as something like blood loss could come about in a variety of different ways.(puncture, hemorrhaging, laceration, etc.)Also, say, were he to die to magecraft, would he only be immune to that specific spell?
That's kind of what I was going for. Listing things off the top of your head in the middle of drawing at the dinner table just makes things a little more generalised than I'd like, though not that much more generalised. For example, if he was bleeding out by puncturing tissue, he would probably also gain resistance to laceration, since the Marble's immediate response is to reinforce the tissue. Magecraft is a little bit icky in that the Marble can only respond to the mundane results. In a sense, he isn't immune to the spell at all, just that one effect it had that put him on death's door last time (though he would obviously adapt to the other effects with repeated uses). So it's less "gain immunity to that one spell" so much as "gain resistance against spells of that nature".

Of course. He's just meant to be a very dangerous Master, not a Servant by any other name.

Yeah, naturally. I figure it's a given that once a Caster gets involved, all magecraft-related bets are off to begin with.

That's kind of what I was going for. Listing things off the top of your head in the middle of drawing at the dinner table just makes things a little more generalised than I'd like, though not that much more generalised. For example, if he was bleeding out by puncturing tissue, he would probably also gain resistance to laceration, since the Marble's immediate response is to reinforce the tissue. Magecraft is a little bit icky in that the Marble can only respond to the mundane results. In a sense, he isn't immune to the spell at all, just that one effect it had that put him on death's door last time (though he would obviously adapt to the other effects with repeated uses). So it's less "gain immunity to that one spell" so much as "gain resistance against spells of that nature".

Okay cool, I think I get it now. I'll go add him to the Master list!

• Thank You
Reactions: Random
Awesome. I'm finally qualified to partake in actual discussion now.

...I can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.