Fate/Shattered Gospel (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I dont know much about this franchise but I'm a decent writer and am good at learning new lore if you got a spot open.
There are two Master slots open and either a Caster or a Saber slot open, depending on what Akashi's ultimately going for.

Also @Random Kamisato's a shithead. Dude deserves literally nothing. The amount of normie wank he gets from the Elements arc just makes me want to choke a bitch. And dog scientist died by his hand q.q

@HellHoundWoof
We certainly do! A couple of Masters still open and to my knowledge Caster is currently unreserved, although as Akashi just said he might end up switching to that. In which case we'll have a Saber slot.

There's quite a bit of lore to brush up on but the Type Moon wiki is fairly well organized. The canon itself is incomplete and there are quite intentionally large blank spaces left in the various schools of magic for future installments/convenient OC, although if you choose to look into the bits of magic that have been fleshed out there are well defined systems in place. Magic in the modern Nasuverse typically stems from associated folklore and occult traditions: The kabbalah, voodoo, alchemy, et cetera. The magecraft displayed in the franchise thus far tends to center around Shintoist, Buddhist, or European traditions but there's plenty of room to expand within and outside of those bounds.

@HellHoundWoof
We certainly do! A couple of Masters still open and to my knowledge Caster is currently unreserved, although as Akashi just said he might end up switching to that. In which case we'll have a Saber slot.

There's quite a bit of lore to brush up on but the Type Moon wiki is fairly well organized. The canon itself is incomplete and there are quite intentionally large blank spaces left in the various schools of magic for future installments/convenient OC, although if you choose to look into the bits of magic that have been fleshed out there are well defined systems in place. Magic in the modern Nasuverse typically stems from associated folklore and occult traditions: The kabbalah, voodoo, alchemy, et cetera. The magecraft displayed in the franchise thus far tends to center around Shintoist, Buddhist, or European traditions but there's plenty of room to expand within and outside of those bounds.

Well I'd like to make a Master from what I've read so far. Saber and Caster are types of Servants (Heroic Fighters or some such) who are summoned/sustained by the magical power imbued in a master from a grail. Masters can poof them in and out of being when they like? The magic I read up on was a little confusing, but it seems like the standardish stuff.

There's definitely a lot more liberty in making a Master, but quite a bit of reading to do if you want to feel significantly informed of how magic has been portrayed in the setting up to now.

Correct. To spell things out simply Servants are temporary incarnations of Heroic Spirits. The spirits of heroes who accomplished great deeds and are worshiped after their death (meaning they have an associated legend or at least a legacy, though this gets relaxed more and more with every installment) are sent to a special place called the Throne of Heroes that exists outside of time. The Holy Grail War is a complicated magic ritual in which seven of these legendary souls are summoned to activate the Grail. With only one person able to make a wish, they fight to the death for it. The Grail itself is one of the only things strong enough to summon a Heroic Spirit, so you can almost think of them as being on loan to the Masters, with the Command Spells being proof of that loan. The up front cost is paid by the grail but Masters still have to supply their Servants with magical energy once they're rooted in this world. The Master themselves can't really send them back, they're always there unless you want to starve your Servant to death, but many Servants can take on a spiritual form that's out of sight and low maintenance at the cost of not really being able to do anything until they poof back into being.

• Useful
Reactions: Akashi and Sightles
Hold on, hold on, I do still have a Saber in the back that's in line if the slot's getting freed up.

Self-centered squeaking aside, @HellHoundWoof, I'd recommend negotiating a pairing with either Saber, Archer or Lancer if you're not up to date with what's going on in the verse already. They're the most straightforward to pair with.

Hi all. I'd like to tentatively request a spot as the Berserker, but it may take a day or two for me to materialize something satisfactory.

I'll add you to the list!

Well I'd like to make a Master from what I've read so far. Saber and Caster are types of Servants (Heroic Fighters or some such) who are summoned/sustained by the magical power imbued in a master from a grail. Masters can poof them in and out of being when they like? The magic I read up on was a little confusing, but it seems like the standardish stuff.

If you'd like I can put you down for a Master spot.

Hold on, hold on, I do still have a Saber in the back that's in line if the slot's getting freed up.

Self-centered squeaking aside, @HellHoundWoof, I'd recommend negotiating a pairing with either Saber, Archer or Lancer if you're not up to date with what's going on in the verse already. They're the most straightforward to pair with.

Yeh, if Akashi ends up switching classes you've got the Saber spot.

Also, looking over Chain. I've got a few questions: On a scale of boxing an Assassin to death to maybe being able to not die in a fist fight with a Caster, what exactly do you mean by him being able to physically match a Servant? Also how specific is homeboy's immunity? (both his Origin-shifting immunity to a cause of death and Svipall's immunity to large-scale magecraft) Other than that, he's a marbleous concept.

@Sightles Josef is accepted.

I'll toss you a quick and dirty explanation if you want to save yourself a mechanics headache.

Here's your basic run down of the important stuff. The servant (of whatever class like saber, lancer, caster, etc) is a historical figure (usually from the past for all reasonable purposes). The master cannot poof them in and out of existence as they please as much as they want. Rather, the servant can typically drop into astral form (the poof thing) where most stuff can't interact with it. That way they're less obstructed, can't be typically seen, blah, blah, blah. Think ghosty. The servant is summoned because they have a wish for the grail. You'll need that whether you're a servant or master. Masters exist to supply prana (magic energy) to servants while typically their job is to do the bulk of the fighting. If you want to go the extra mile, make them mesh with the master. This doesn't necessarily mean get along but rather that they share some common ground of sorts and hopefully be the kind of servant that the master may try to summon. Ex, you wouldn't expect a more proper and upfront knightly master to summon an assassin who kills by poisoning people's drinks. The servant having their own agenda is self explanatory. They won't necessarily like how the master does things and vice versa. If they get at odds too much, things could get ugly. The master has 3 command seals. 3 absolute commands that they can enforce on a servant. If they're on good terms, these might be used for tasks like making a servant break their limitations for a brief time or to teleport your servant to yourself. If on not so good terms or if needed, they may be used to make a servant do something they don't want to do. Ex, you can order a pristine knight to commit murder in cold blood or kill civilians for prana. Or in the case of an outright mutiny order the servant to commit suicide. These command seals create a balance of power (against the fact that basically every servant can end any master with utter ease) and will be a key mechanic in any of these RPs. Best to be aware of them. As a master, you can make this easy or hard. One option is to do a lot of research and decide what kind of magic to use. Another is to... know nothing at all. You need genetic aptitude to be a mage. You do not need to know jack about magic to be a master. Noobs are a thing and not everyone is a magical Rambo one man army as far as mages are concerned. To my knowledge, these guys are handling it as an only mild competitive, mostly drabblish players make drama type things, not a cutthroat technical beatdown. So comfort is the most important thing. There's lots of options ranging from educating yourself (though given the group, you'll likely be expected to know your stuff) to choosing a beatdown class and being FSN Shirou to teaming up with another magus or having your servant as caster and having them teach you in small, bite sized pieces.

Reactions: cojemo and Akashi
@DrowsyPangolin At this point, may be a good idea to start linking CSes to the first post or making a separate thread for dumping sheets in.

@ERode I'll try to fix that up. Unfortunately I'm terribad at formatting, so there's a solid chance of me breaking the OP in the process.

Reactions: cojemo
Mm, then yah, just making a CS depository would be best then.

As a side note, doing more reading into 1001 Nights, there are SO many characters that could be Servants from it. Heck, I think my next Servant in a different RP may be Morgiana as an Assassin.

Alrighty, here's my attempt. Let me clarify a bit that I'm fairly well versed in Fate stuff - seen all the animated works, read the visual novel(save ataraxia), and played some of the games including Grand Order. But all that said, I'm not the best when it comes to actual history, and as far as stats and effects go for servant skills and NP(s), I could use a bit of direction or suggestions, so I just used what felt right to me. I also wrote this all at around 3am, so forgive me for typos or other grammatical errors. Heh.

True Name: Tlahuicole
Class: Berserker
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance:

eIjPvv2.jpg

Stats:
Strength: B
Endurance: B
Agility: C
Magical Energy: D
Luck: B

Class Skills:
Mad Enhancement: D
Tlahuicole is allowed some basic forms of lucidity, but his obsession with a glorious death paints his entire personality.

Personal Skills:
Battle Continuation: A
Tlahuicole can do nothing less than fight to the bitter end, no matter the wounds sustained.
Mental Pollution: C
As in life, Tlahuicole seeks honor dying in battle under a banner not his. He cannot be swayed from a battle that presents the possibility of the death he seeks.
Honor of the Battered: C
As Tlahuicole is injured and comes closer to death, the fervor brought from the anticipation of his death grants him greater strength.

Weapon: Macuahuitl; a wooden sword with obsidian blades that were used across Central America in the time of Tlahuicole's life.

Noble Phantasm(s):
Name: Trial by Stone, Glory in Death
Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
Description: At the end of Tlahuicole's life, he faced the Trial by Stone. The Trial By Stone was a form of ritual combat in Aztec culture that said if a prisoner chained to a stone could injure or kill a large group of enemies set upon them, they would be set free. His final fate dying to the Trial By Stone would end up manifesting as his Noble Phantasm. Upon use, Tlahuicole's Mad Enhancement is the equivalent of A rank as he fully loses himself to the lust for battle and the need for a glorious death. All parameters increase greatly as per the increase in Mad Enhancement rank save Agility. Tlahuicole becomes an unstoppable tank, a whirlwind of death, but is unable to guard or dodge most attacks. Trial By Stone also raises Honor of the Battered rank to A, compensating his slower speed and likelihood of being harmed by granting him growing strength the closer to death he comes. No matter the outcome, at the end of its use the mana behind Tlahuicole's manifestation is exhausted and he finds the glory he sought and perishes. A last ditch Noble Phantasm meant for mutual extermination.

Personality: Thanks to the skill Mad Enhancement, whatever personality Tlahuicole had as a man outside of battle is largely nonexistent. As a living man he was well known for his unflinching ethics and pride, which has manifested under the effects of Mad Enhancement as a mad lust to repeat the actions of his last days alive, craving a warrior's death to battle the shame brought by imprisonment. Better to die in battle than to serve a master not his - in his life as a mortal, it was Montezuma the Second, and as a Heroic Spirit, it is the Throne of Heroes and the Master who summons him.

Legend: The warrior hero of the Tlaxcaltec people who gained infamy in the early 1500's. Despite his successes as a military commander, Tlahuicole was nonetheless taken prisoner in battle and taken to the city of Mexico where he met then ruler Montezuma II. So impressed by Tlahuicole Monetezuma was that he was ready to pardon the warrior and release him to his homeland. Tlahuicole refused - to return home on an enemy monarch's kindness was sure to bring him nothing but shame. He demanded the same treatment as other prisoners of war, but again, Montezuma refused. He made the young man an offer - live, but lead his armies. Tlahuicole accepted, hoping that in doing so he would find glory in death, not the shame he now felt in life as a prisoner of Montezuma.

But he succeeded. Time and time again, Tlahuicole succeeded. Montezuma by this point was desperate to keep the young man in his employ, and pleaded for him to serve officially in his army, or to at least live on as a free man, returning to his country. Tlahuicole again refused. Treason to his country, or to live on in shame. Neither were choices to the man at a all.

Finally, Montezuma acquiesced and gave the man what he wanted, all options exhausted. The stubborn, prideful young warrior was treated as prisoners were. Tied to a stone and armed, he was set upon by Montezuma's most powerful warriors, the strongest knights of the age in the Mexican region, in gladiatorial combat. One by one Tlahuicole fell each one. Legends differ on the number. Some say up to eight, some say Tlahuicole fell thirty seasoned Aztec knights before finally succumbing to his wounds. Some accounts even say he was never actually defeated in combat, his battered and exhausted body taken and opened up by ceremonial blades, his still beating heart cut from his chest by priests offering his warrior soul to the Aztec pantheon. No matter the interpretation, tales of Tlahuicole's integrity and strength would live far beyond his own life span - and well into eternity, as his being became one with the Throne of Heroes.

Summoning Catalyst: A sliver of obsidian from Tlahuicole's personal Macuahuitl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Epsir
Alrighty, here's my attempt. Let me clarify a bit that I'm fairly well versed in Fate stuff - seen all the animated works, read the visual novel(save ataraxia), and played some of the games including Grand Order. But all that said, I'm not the best when it comes to actual history, and as far as stats and effects go for servant skills and NP(s), I could use a bit of direction or suggestions, so I just used what felt right to me. I also wrote this all at around 3am, so forgive me for typos or other grammatical errors. Heh.

True Name: Tlahuicole
Class: Berserker
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance:

eIjPvv2.jpg

Stats:
Strength: B
Endurance: B
Agility: C
Magical Energy: D
Luck: B

Class Skills:
Mad Enhancement: D
Tlahuicole is allowed some basic forms of lucidity, but his obsession with a glorious death paints his entire psyche.

Personal Skills:
Honor of the Battered: C
As Tlahuicole is injured and comes closer to death, the fervor brought from the anticipation his death grants him greater strength.

Weapon: Macuahuitl; a wooden sword with obsidian blades that were used across Central America in the time of Tlahuicole's life.

Noble Phantasm(s):
Name: Trial by Stone, Glory in Death
Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
Description: At the end of Tlahuicole's life, he faced the Trial by Stone. The Trial By Stone was a form of ritual combat in Aztec culture that said if a prisoner chained to a stone could injure or kill a large group of enemies set upon them, they would be set free. His final fate dying to the Trial By Stone would end up manifesting as his Noble Phantasm. Upon use, Tlahuicole's Mad Enhancement is the equivalent of A rank as he fully loses himself to the lust for battle and the need for a glorious death. All parameters increase greatly as per the increase in Mad Enhancement rank save Agility. Tlahuicole becomes an unstopple tank, a whirlwind of death, but is unable to guard or dodge most attacks. Trial By Stone also raises Honor of the Battered rank to A, compensating his slower speed and likelihood of being harmed by granting him growing strength the closer to death he comes. No matter the outcome, at the end of its use the mana behind Tlahuicole's manifestation is exhausted and he finds the glory he sought and perishes. A last ditch Noble Phantasm meant for mutual extermination.

Personality: Thanks to the skill Mad Enhancement, whatever personality Tlahuicole had as a man outside of battle is largely nonexistent. As a living man he was well known for his unflinching ethics and pride, which has manifested under the effects of Mad Enhancement as a mad lust to repeat the actions of his last days alive, craving a warrior's death to battle the shame brought by imprisonment. Better to die in battle than to serve a master not his - in his life as a mortal, it was Montezuma the Second, and as a Heroic Spirit, it is the Throne of Heroes and the Master who summons him.

Legend: The warrior hero of the Tlaxcaltec people who gained infamy in the early 1500's. Despite his successes as a military commander, Tlahuicole was nonetheless taken prisoner in battle and taken to the city of Mexico where he met then ruler Montezuma II. So impressed by Tlahuicole Monetezuma was that he was ready to pardon the warrior and release him to his homeland. Tlahuicole refused - to return home on an enemy monarch's kindness was sure to bring him nothing but shame. He demanded the same treatment as other prisoners of war, but again, Montezuma refused. He made the young man an offer - live, but lead his armies. Tlahuicole accepted, hoping that in doing so he would find glory in death, not the shame he now felt in life as a prisoner of Montezuma.

But he succeeded. Time and time again, Tlahuicole succeeded. Montezuma by this point was desperate to keep the young man in his employ, and pleaded for him to serve officially in his army, or to at least live on as a free man, returning to his country. Tlahuicole again refused. Treason to his country, or to live on in shame. Neither were choices to the man at a all.

Finally, Montezuma acquiesced and gave the man what he wanted, all options exhausted. The stubborn, prideful young warrior was treated as prisoners were. Tied to a stone and armed, he was set upon by Montezuma's most powerful warriors, the strongest knights of the age in the Mexican region, in gladiatorial combat. One by one Tlahuicole fell each one. Legends differ on the number. Some say up to eight, some say Tlahuicole fell thirty seasoned Aztec knights before finally succumbing to his wounds. Some accounts even say he was never actually defeated in combat, his battered and exhausted body taken and opened up by ceremonial blades, his still beating heart cut from his chest by priests offering his warrior soul to the Aztec pantheon. No matter the interpretation, tales of Tlahuicole's integrity and strength would live far beyond his own life span - and well into eternity, as his being became one with the Throne of Heroes.

Summoning Catalyst: A sliver of obsidian from Tlahuicole's personal Macuahuitl.
Oh hey, I made this guy once! I'm super glad someone else decided he was interesting enough to make a Servant of. Also, I could see you making Tlahuicole's strength an A, as he was a giant of a man. Maybe B+, but he's pretty tough. I guess his D rank Mad enhancement doesn't raise his stats enough so it makes sense.

Dunno about feats of strength necessarily. B (or B+ probably since he seems to display it by situation) makes sense with his enhancements. On the other hand, endurance should be able to go up easily. He's packing multiple endurance based skills and the legend mostly seems to be about that as his main feat aside just being a strong warrior in general. So perhaps combining what he has with battle continuation. Obviously he wants to die but battle continuation plus honor of the battered is reflective of just how hard he is to actually finish off.

Dunno about feats of strength necessarily. B (or B+ probably since he seems to display it by situation) makes sense with his enhancements. On the other hand, endurance should be able to go up easily. He's packing multiple endurance based skills and the legend mostly seems to be about that as his main feat aside just being a strong warrior in general. So perhaps combining what he has with battle continuation. Obviously he wants to die but battle continuation plus honor of the battered is reflective of just how hard he is to actually finish off.
So does that mean you're joining this RP ?

On a scale of boxing an Assassin to death to maybe being able to not die in a fist fight with a Caster, what exactly do you mean by him being able to physically match a Servant?
I'm admittedly kinda powerscaling from Rin here, but if an Assassin was without a Master and was focusing more on preserving mana by not exerting themselves, Chain could probably win. Otherwise, so long as he's on the defensive, he could probably hope for a tie, or possibly a victory of attrition if he can trick them into using more mana than they can afford to by panicking or overestimating what they need somehow.
Also how specific is homeboy's immunity?
Svipall's immunity is granted as a side bonus by virtue of controlling the mana in the immediate vicinity. It's basically a case of "automatically evade large rituals" because the atmosphere around Chain is Svipall's territory. That said, if mana has already constructed a spell, then there's nothing a mere siphon can do to dismantle magecraft. In other words, so long as it's something that a magus can reasonably use in a battle, Chain doesn't possess any special resistances.

As for his Reality Marble, he has to be seriously injured to possess full immunity to something. In that case, it's only resistance or immunity to the "cause" of death, such as blood loss, failure of a specific organ, mana overload, shock, etcetera. His superhuman condition and leftovers from previous adaptations makes him relatively hardy in the first place to the point where, say, a bullet in the skull is not a guaranteed kill, but it's still around 70% effective. I think we can all agree that a Servant is substantially more dangerous, mind you. The longer a death takes, the easier it is to adapt to it, so the most surefire way to deal with him is to destroy his brain and kill him instantly.

And please for the love of god do not bring the marble jokes back q.q

Probably not. I'm only in if Tensa is in. He was just lollygagging about stuff so I got bored and decided to pop over and help with some tech stuff.

Reactions: cojemo
Anyhow, changing my saber class servant from Mulan to Count Roland. Though I will genderbend this guy and make a female Roland. So, Countess Roland.

Reactions: Epsir
Status
Not open for further replies.