Fate/Shattered Gospel (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, one thing that makes the constant string of fights better in a battle royale is the network of rivalries and unlikely comrades that develop along the way. I think most people might be hesitant to just plan a fight like that before the game has even begun though, mostly because in the worst case we might get a situation where it's not really natural and the other player might feel obliged to force it anyway.

Definitely appreciate the intent though: it's super encouraging to see people who don't mind being the one looking for a fight in these threads, especially with the notion that not every fight is going to end conclusively.

EDIT

@MeadowLark4

At the moment Caster is reserved and there isn't a Ruler class present for this war. That said, it's been mentioned that we might just tack on additional slots if there's interest, because it's not like this is a perfectly normal Grail War in the first place. If you don't mind, please wait till Drowsy turns up and we'll figure something out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akashi and cojemo
I was thinking of making a servant inspired by Olga of Kiev, but I'm not sure where she would fit in, possibly Ruler of Caster. It seems my options are pretty limited at this point though.

Currently, all of the Servant spots are either filled or reserved, however, if we get more potential Masters we can open up additional spots. Also we're sticking to the original seven classes, even if extra spots happen, the Servant would just be a second member of their class.

As a sidenote, I was just reading something about Olga last night and thinking she would be a really interesting Servant.

also @cojemo Nobu a best.

EDIT: Actually, I've been informed that @Haypenny is giving up the Caster spot, so we now have an open spot, that being said:

@Tensa Hiruma @Nevvy I know you guys were interested in being Team Caster, and since you mentioned it first, I'm giving you first shot at it if you want it. If you guys DO want the spot, that means all the standard slots are filled, meaning any more Masters would be in the extra spots.

@Random Is still first in line for the eighth Servant spot, which means @MeadowLark4 gets a potential ninth spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: cojemo
We would need eight or nine Masters... It's a shame less people have doubled up.

On the subject of Masters, I'm happy to pair Chain with whoever is left. He'd probably work best with a Caster, but he's all about adaptability, right?.

Currently, all of the Servant spots are either filled or reserved, however, if we get more potential Masters we can open up additional spots. Also we're sticking to the original seven classes, even if extra spots happen, the Servant would just be a second member of their class.

As a sidenote, I was just reading something about Olga last night and thinking she would be a really interesting Servant.

also @cojemo Nobu a best.
Haypenny has been kinda quiet since he/she reserved caster spot. Might want to ask them if they are still in on this.. Since the IC is up and all.

@Random I could make a second servant no problemo. I mean, dont we actually have 7 masters now ?

We already have an excess of Servants, Akashi. Don't worry.

I was referring to lack of Masters to make extra Servants viable.

Haypenny has been kinda quiet since he/she reserved caster spot. Might want to ask them if they are still in on this.. Since the IC is up and all.

@Random I could make a second servant no problemo. I mean, dont we actually have 7 masters now ?

She had complications with her jobs, and ended up giving up the spot, as per Drowsy's edited post

Giving this its own post to make sure the tags go through:

Actually, I've been informed that @Haypenny is giving up the Caster spot, so we now have an open spot, that being said:

@Tensa Hiruma @Nevvy I know you guys were interested in being Team Caster, and since you mentioned it first, I'm giving you first shot at it if you want it. If you guys DO want the spot, that means all the standard slots are filled, meaning any more Masters would be in the extra spots.

@Random Is still first in line for the eighth Servant spot, which means @MeadowLark4 gets a potential ninth spot.

I am willing to make an eight master since I kinda want to see @Random use Cordelia as another Saber in this roleplay. Imagine the conversation between Annabelle and Cordelia.

Though, of course, if someone else wants to make an eight master, they can.

Edit.. I kinda.. meant master earlier and not a second servant... My bad there.

Last edited:
For now I'm just waiting for someone to reach out to pair up with Sinbad, though eventually if it takes a while I'all just do so myself.

Ayup, same here. Otherwise I'll relax through the weekend and enjoy the show.

And wait for the newest Apocrypha to get subtitled and enjoy a bit more Astolfo airtime. Jeanne's okay too I guess...

Reactions: cojemo
For now I'm just waiting for someone to reach out to pair up with Sinbad, though eventually if it takes a while I'all just do so myself.
Instead of just waiting, you can ask someone as well. :)

And wait for the newest Apocrypha to get subtitled and enjoy a bit more Astolfo airtime. Jeanne's okay too I guess...
You've got it all wrong, Mordred is where it's at! The more of best Saberface we get the better!

Instead of just waiting, you can ask someone as well. :)
And yeah, I said if I get none I'd just do so myself. Since Sinbad is a Servant it just makes more sense for the Master to choose at first ya know?

Seems like most people are just too damn shy to actually start a paring

Seems like most people are just too damn shy to actually start a paring
I mean that's understandable so no problems there. That's why I'm giving people some time before I take the initiative.

You've got it all wrong, Mordred is where it's at! The more of best Saberface we get the better!
Oh pshaw, that's assuming she gets any screentime unlike last week.

I'mwith you there :P

Last edited:

None of these people are Atalanta tho.

Since y'all are kind. I'll drop a master CS here. One obligatory master who knows little to nothing. Hopefully still accepting.

Name: Gerald Chamber
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Alignment: Neutral Good
Origin: Absolution

6d45461fca15da81dae03770526c6422.jpg

Appearance: Having an average height of 169 cm, and a healthy body weight to go with that. He is far from muscular and far from thin. He sports a black short haircut that has grown somewhat long since his last visit to the barber. He usually prefers wearing a salaryman's suit but since he is on vacation he wears a set of comfy sweat-shirt and jeans with a green scarf knitted by his mother.​

Magic Circuits
Number: B
Quality: B

Magecraft/Abilities:
Gerald never had much training in Magecraft the lack in training shows as he can barely perform even the most basic of spells and his understanding of it is lacking, to say the least. That being said, he is able to use the one spell he had learned. He is able to fully coat himself in a barrier that serves as a mighty shield against the physical environment. Though this can block multiple spells, more likely it'll just break from a single cast of even the weakest of spells. Also by casting this spell, he is able to keep himself dry from the rain. Though it may have other uses as well.

Other Abilities:
He has all the skills needed to lead a boring adult life. Driving, able to do menial tasks in repetition and having the ability to cook mediocre meals. However, he did have a penchant for playing video games. Having spent most of his time playing the award winning MMO WOT or World of Typemoon for most of his teenage life he is well versed in gaming slang and tactics.

Mystic Codes/ Magical Items:
He owns the Ring of Gyges, a family heirloom passed from mother to their firstborn child. Like the legend says it is able to cloak the user in a form of invisibility if worn. A form of lesser invisibility it is able to hide a being's presence from others and is not true invisibility as security cameras and other such things are still able to detect the user. Though easily seen through by powerful mages, the ring can still mask a person's identity by pulling a veil on the user's magical abilities.

Weapons/ Other Belongings:
Gerald brought his trusty essentials, his wallet, passport, driver's license and a book titled French for dummies. Aside from that, he has a well-made messenger bag filled with a set of clothing, a canteen, and a small first aid kit for treating small cuts. Also, he carries a flashlight that doubles as a civilian stun gun.

Personality:
Gerald's is an idealist, always striving for a fantasy he had while dreaming as a kid, he would make his fantasy's true if only for a moment. He doesn't care much for formalities but do greet people with a degree of respect and is equal to them, treating the principle of a school the same way as his fellow student. He is not very ambitious but when the opportunity presents itself he will take it, that had led him to multiple confrontations however and is more cautious because of it. He is generally optimistic about his circumstances and sees things logically, his own form of logic. A generally all around nice guy.

Short History:
Born into a line of mages, though not everything seems as it. He is born into what seems to be the last branch of that family, even the true name of his once proud family was lost and had taken the name of Chamber instead. His family was in hiding for most of his life hiding from what he couldn't have possibly known not that it disturbed him he was happy to live with his mother and father in a normal life in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Though he had dabbled in a bit of Magecraft when his father showed him how to protect himself that was the extent of his training. He was content at leading a normal life, his parents didn't mind at all and seem relieved that something will be forgotten. Fate, however, is not content with leaving it as it is, he received a letter one day while taking a vacation in Paris. A death sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.