Fate/Shattered Gospel (OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have incredibly high base stats in Str, End, and Agi with no glaring weaknesses (by default) in Magic or Luck. They're your quintessential stat basher combat types and the shining star of the Knight Classes for that reason. Berserkers also kinda meet that definition but their insanity makes them a bit more of a wild card than anything else. Sabers are the most suited for direct combat, but the other knight classes and the four cavalry classes have varying degrees of utility and situational strength that make the war (on paper) an even shot for any class when used smartly.

the moral of the story is that saber or nothing only applies if you're not memepicking a jobber fun class

Reactions: cojemo
They have incredibly high base stats in Str, End, and Agi with no glaring weaknesses (by default) in Magic or Luck. They're your quintessential stat basher combat types and the shining star of the Knight Classes for that reason. Berserkers also kinda meet that definition but their insanity makes them a bit more of a wild card than anything else. Sabers are the most suited for direct combat, but the other knight classes and the four cavalry classes have varying degrees of utility and situational strength that make the war (on paper) an even shot for any class when used smartly.
Yup, Sabers are basically the default all around good class but aren't super special, unlike some of the other classes that have a lot of unique skills and NP's with them. They're the Warrior of the Holy Grail War.

I would count Nero as being super special or Altera, other classes don't get the spotlight as much I feel.

Reactions: Epsir and cojemo
I would count Nero as being super special or Altera, other classes don't get the spotlight as much I feel.
Don't even get me started on Nero. I like her a lot and she's one of my favourite Saberfaces, but the way she's written in stories is so horrendous. She's always treated as some perfect being.

Reactions: Epsir
B-but Aestus Domus Aurea!

Brain damage and imperial privilege are forces to be reckoned with.

and also why empress a best

This is the exact reason why the America chapter of GO does something right. That is, Nero is incredibly useful and also a giant pain in the ass who does shit like leave the party because Rama joined and he uses the same pronoun as her, so measures must be taken to preserve diversity!
@Random I could see Sinbad and Chain being a good contrast, almost like Tokiomi and Gilgamesh. They seem to have very different ideals, so that could be really cool.
I was actually considering asking you, the only thing that held me back was the idea of pairing one of the top Servants and one of the top Masters together. But as long as I don't have to do literally everything wrong on purpose (*glares at Tokiomi*), I'd be down for that.

Chain and Sinbad eh? Interesting.

How many pairings we got so far?

@Random I might make another servant. It would mean you can use Cordelia. Do you want to though ?

This is the exact reason why the America chapter of GO does something right. That is, Nero is incredibly useful and also a giant pain in the ass who does shit like leave the party because Rama joined and he uses the same pronoun as her, so measures must be taken to preserve diversity!

I was actually considering asking you, the only thing that held me back was the idea of pairing one of the top Servants and one of the top Masters together. But as long as I don't have to do literally everything wrong on purpose (*glares at Tokiomi*), I'd be down for that.
Yup, like when Nero is done well she's great fun and one of the most fun Servants. It's a shame that in Extra, Extella, and in the horrible Septem chapter she's treated like a goddess so much.

And that was also a reason I hesitated. Sinbad and your character are both big threats in the war even without that Reality Marble I didn't put on him. I think them not getting along on some things may be what makes things a bit more interesting. And heck, I already see potential with him maybe trying to summon Sinbad as a Saber but getting his Rider counterpart instead.

Top Servant + Top Master would definitely be a pairing Shinobu would want to suck up to. :3

@Random I might make another servant. It would mean you can use Cordelia. Do you want to though ?
Sounds good to me, if you're alright with her.
And that was also a reason I hesitated. Sinbad and your character are both big threats in the war even without that Reality Marble I didn't put on him. I think them not getting along on some things may be what makes things a bit more interesting. And heck, I already see potential with him maybe trying to summon Sinbad as a Saber but getting his Rider counterpart instead.
His Independent Action is probably the main thing that will hold them back from steamrolling everything, plus being potentially the biggest threat in the War is liable to attract some attention from other teams. Chain is very careful and will likely want to abstain from stepping in until the other teams have whittled themselves down, which doesn't look like it's liable to work that well considering Rider's personality. It's a pretty good pairing.

Sounds good to me, if you're alright with her.

His Independent Action is probably the main thing that will hold them back from steamrolling everything, plus being potentially the biggest threat in the War is liable to attract some attention from other teams. Chain is very careful and will likely want to abstain from stepping in until the other teams have whittled themselves down, which doesn't look like it's liable to work that well considering Rider's personality. It's a pretty good pairing.
Even with that, both of their abilities make them a super hard team to kill since they each have a way to escape death. There's a lot of potential with these two, so it's a pairing I am definitely a fan of.

RE: The Nero thing, maybe it's because I'm from different anime/manga circles like giant robot anime but the narrative treatment Nero gets never hit me as odd or bothersome in any way. But I've sat through things like Gundam SEED Destiny and that'll give you a teaching about narrative favoritism to the point of disgust if anything will.

She's also cute!

RE: The Nero thing, maybe it's because I'm from different anime/manga circles like giant robot anime but the narrative treatment Nero gets never hit me as odd or bothersome in any way. But I've sat through things like Gundam SEED Destiny and that'll give you a teaching about narrative favoritism to the point of disgust if anything will.

She's also cute!

Doesn't she basically look like Artoria?

Scathach > all Saberfaces

Reactions: DrowsyPangolin
Florence > Scat > Saberfaces

Doesn't she basically look like Artoria?
Nero is a Saberface, Yes.

And Yes. Scatash can at least unleash a rain of gay bulges.

Ishtar's thighs > Nightingale > Scatash > Saberfaces.

w6QF0Vh.jpg

NAME
Akise Motoyo

ELEMENTAL AFFINITY
Lightning

ALIGNMENT
Chaotic Neutral

ORIGIN
Strength

MAGIC CIRCUITS
Number - C+

Quality - B-

MAGECRAFT/ABILITIES
There isn't much Akise can do. He has extensive knowledge of magecraft but can't really utilize much of it. Akise can, however, use Reinforcement magic. He can use it on his entire body, or he can choose specifically what he wants to reinforce. Reinforcing his legs would allow him to run very fast, or deal strengthened blows to his enemy. Meaning, he can easily punch or kick through a wall, but cannot do it excessively. Other than that, he has the capability to use Counter Magic as well, disrupting the activity of Magic Circuits. In other words, he can interrupt the flow of magical energy and prevent the use of magical spells. It would work well against other masters. The last but not least, Akise can use Shared Perception. The one ability that would allow him to share important information with his servant, if anything.

OTHER ABILITIES/SKILLS
Akise is from a small family of mages. They aren't well known, nor do they have a reputation that separates them from those that are perhaps only average, or yes normal. Though one thing his family excels in, was bukijutsu, kenjutsu and taijutsu. If anything Akise has the capability to use many weapons, which would make him a person that can adapt if the situation would require such. Other than that, it should not come as a surprise that he can utilize his skills within martial arts as well. Thats something he really excels in, along with kenjutsu. He can also cook and play the piano. The man also has photographic memory. And he loves motorcycles.

MYSTIC CODES/MAGICAL ITEMS
Akise has a few stones from the magecraft side of the Motoyo family. He has up to four, but they are all stored with unique magical energy, or perhaps one could call them spells. One has the capability of creating a barrier, though it can probably take on a weak attack. It is, after all, a weak barrier. The second one can heal minor injuries. The third one has extre magical energy if required, though very little. The fourth and the last one, if thrown is similar to a stun grenade. When used, white light would emanate from it, blinding anything in its radius for a few seconds.

WEAPONS/OTHER BELONGINGS
Akise was going to bring a katana forged by the Motoyo to Paris, but due to how difficult it is to bring weapons overseas, he refrained from doing so. Hopefully, he would find one there. He has his clothes, passport and other usual items for a mere mundane if anything.

PERSONALITY
Akise is a sophisticated man. He is observant and does not take the first step unless it is beneficial for him. If anything, he likes to scout and observe. Find a weakness and exploit it. He can easily provoke someone in order to have them make a foolish mistake. He stands for justice and fair play, but at the same time he doesn't. Akise is blunt and straightforward, but other than that, he is very social. He enjoys talking. Always has a smile on his face, or perhaps a smirk, a smug face even. Akise is also very curious, and may never stop until he gets his answers. One could say that alone would make him slightly reckless in some situations.

SHORT HISTORY
Born into the Motoyo family, Akise pretty much had a simple and normal life. Even if his family were nothing but a magus family, they did not completely rely on their magical skills. Like the other more pristine families out there, the Motoyo's were normal or even average in some cases. However, there was one thing they excelled the most in. They would rely on their human instincts more. The use of their hands and legs. And objects such as a spear, or a blade. Their fists as well.

A dojo that is well known in Osaka, Japan. They did not only teach their students, their family members the way of the blade. They also taught them to use other weapons, or anything they would consider a weapon. They taught them to assess a situation before making a decision. A rash decision would never be beneficial. Akise was a child that was loved by his parents, but at the same time, he entered the family dojo at the age of eight. From there on, he learned and grew up with time. There wasn't much raw talent in him, but with time, and harsh upbrining from time to time he became a great opponent against others.

He excelled in martial arts if anything, more than in the way of the blade. Though that did not change his personality. Akise was quite social, and a loving person. He had tons of friends at school, despite the heritage that came from the Motoyo family. He had not succeeded his father as the head of the family yet, but that did not stop him from choosing his own path. Only a few years later, it changed. A letter had popped up, inviting him for the Holy Grail War.

Slightly confused, it quickly gave him a reminder of what it actually was. The Motoyo family was never invited before to something so extravagant or special. For his family, and for himself, he accepted the invitation. Not so long after, he left for Paris in order to participate in such a war. Even if there was danger ahead of him, he knew he had to accept such a challenge and be a part of something that was exciting and dangerous at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.