• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Azrael shrugged. "Only thing that could make this any worse is bug spirits. Or open civilian presence during the war itself." He sits down in one of the empty chair, Ally hopping onto his lap, frowning. "Hopefully they get here sooner rather than later. I'd rather not have to deal with them missing out on the orientation. But Kellyn, you might wanna be careful when patrolling the area during that time, you never know when those terrorist threats are true or not."

Azrael shrugged. "Only thing that could make this any worse is bug spirits. Or open civilian presence during the war itself." He sits down in one of the empty chair, Ally hopping onto his lap, frowning. "Hopefully they get here sooner rather than later. I'd rather not have to deal with them missing out on the orientation. But Kellyn, you might wanna be careful when patrolling the area during that time, you never know when those terrorist threats are true or not."

"Don't jinx it, Azrael." Kellyn said from the kitchen. He turned the sink off, and moved the dishes to the dishwasher. "Everything about this does not have bug spirit scent about it, or Rin would tell us. And about civvies, you can guarantee some are going to get geeked for "drama" purposes."

Rin nodded. "Right, this is a Pre-Awakening event, so all corruption would most likely come from the Third War when the Nazis got ahold of it." She said.

"Oh, great. Nazis had this thing. That's REAL comforting." Kellyn said. "Anyway, I have some SWAT armor in my car, I'll be fine. It will be good for me to get out and get the feel for the place before Orientation."

"Don't jinx it, Azrael." Kellyn said from the kitchen. He turned the sink off, and moved the dishes to the dishwasher. "Everything about this does not have bug spirit scent about it, or Rin would tell us. And about civvies, you can guarantee some are going to get geeked for "drama" purposes."

Rin nodded. "Right, this is a Pre-Awakening event, so all corruption would most likely come from the Third War when the Nazis got ahold of it." She said.

"Oh, great. Nazis had this thing. That's REAL comforting." Kellyn said. "Anyway, I have some SWAT armor in my car, I'll be fine. It will be good for me to get out and get the feel for the place before Orientation."
Oh yeah, Nazis had the Grail at one point. Somehow, Alex had forgotten that fact at some point, and now that he'd been reminded of it, suddenly jokes were popping into his head. "Dammit, Indy, you had one job, and you can't even do it right. Next you're going to tell me that the Templars tried to use it to take over the world," The references were mixed in obviousness depending on what sort of media you enjoyed, but the mage didn't aim for everyone to understand them. His jokes were jokes that made himself happy, and that was all that mattered.

Stretching his arms and legs to get the oncoming ache of laziness out, he then considered the comment about civilian killing for drama, "Probably gonna target us specifically to 'cause' civilian causalities. If they make us look bad, it'll make people wonder if the families should be given back the Grail, plus it would make the Ink Mages seem like a den of terrorists if one of their members is marked as a mass murderer."

Oh yeah, Nazis had the Grail at one point. Somehow, Alex had forgotten that fact at some point, and now that he'd been reminded of it, suddenly jokes were popping into his head. "Dammit, Indy, you had one job, and you can't even do it right. Next you're going to tell me that the Templars tried to use it to take over the world," The references were mixed in obviousness depending on what sort of media you enjoyed, but the mage didn't aim for everyone to understand them. His jokes were jokes that made himself happy, and that was all that mattered.

Stretching his arms and legs to get the oncoming ache of laziness out, he then considered the comment about civilian killing for drama, "Probably gonna target us specifically to 'cause' civilian causalities. If they make us look bad, it'll make people wonder if the families should be given back the Grail, plus it would make the Ink Mages seem like a den of terrorists if one of their members is marked as a mass murderer."
Azrael frowns, the possibility of civilian death bothering him. "I don't know about you bunch, but I'm not the one to stand idly by while civvies get gunned down." He grips the side of the table firmly, the wood groaning under the pressure, although he stops himself before he damages the table. "...Sorry. I almost got carried away there."

Meanwhile, Ally sips from her coffee, pondering. "Calm down, big guy. I'm sure you can stop that kind of stuff from happening when you're on the field." She gives him a somewhat worried look, before turning to the others. "If they realize his penchant for saving noncombatants, our opponents will definitely use that against him, and by extension, us. It's happened before."

Azrael frowns, the possibility of civilian death bothering him. "I don't know about you bunch, but I'm not the one to stand idly by while civvies get gunned down." He grips the side of the table firmly, the wood groaning under the pressure, although he stops himself before he damages the table. "...Sorry. I almost got carried away there."

Meanwhile, Ally sips from her coffee, pondering. "Calm down, big guy. I'm sure you can stop that kind of stuff from happening when you're on the field." She gives him a somewhat worried look, before turning to the others. "If they realize his penchant for saving noncombatants, our opponents will definitely use that against him, and by extension, us. It's happened before."
Kellyn nodded. "Shines badly on the CDC as well, and any other former employers we've had. I can see the headline now: 'CDC Agent goes on Killing Spree in Grail War, 35 killed." Kellyn sneered as he said that. "We need to stay in the background for the most part, at least in the beginning. Let everyone else do the killing, and then finish them off. If we can go unnoticed for the big parts of it, we should come out fine."

Kellyn nodded. "Shines badly on the CDC as well, and any other former employers we've had. I can see the headline now: 'CDC Agent goes on Killing Spree in Grail War, 35 killed." Kellyn sneered as he said that. "We need to stay in the background for the most part, at least in the beginning. Let everyone else do the killing, and then finish them off. If we can go unnoticed for the big parts of it, we should come out fine."
"Keep to the background... So, you're saying we should," At that moment, the distinct disappointment of not having brought a pair of sunglasses for this very moment struck him hard, "run in the shadows?"

Whatever groans were had wouldn't ruin the pleased smile Alex was now sporting at having made that joke, and instead of giving their reactions any focus, he thought of another, more serious question, "Anyways, if we're not going to be fighting that much at the beginning, any chance we can hit a bookstore? Never know what musty old tomes you'll find in one. Might even find another trump card for us to use."

"Keep to the background... So, you're saying we should," At that moment, the distinct disappointment of not having brought a pair of sunglasses for this very moment struck him hard, "run in the shadows?"

Whatever groans were had wouldn't ruin the pleased smile Alex was now sporting at having made that joke, and instead of giving their reactions any focus, he thought of another, more serious question, "Anyways, if we're not going to be fighting that much at the beginning, any chance we can hit a bookstore? Never know what musty old tomes you'll find in one. Might even find another trump card for us to use."
"We'll probably be doing more covert ops than most teams, yeah." Kellyn said. "Yeah, there's probably some book stores near here. Rin and Sakura would know the place better than I do."

Rin nodded. "There's a place down the street. I'll point it out when we leave, and then there's always my family collection we have here."

"We'll probably be doing more covert ops than most teams, yeah." Kellyn said. "Yeah, there's probably some book stores near here. Rin and Sakura would know the place better than I do."

Rin nodded. "There's a place down the street. I'll point it out when we leave, and then there's always my family collection we have here."
"Family collection?"

Alex perked up at the mention of Rin's collection. He had spent the entire night and morning in this house, and there was an entire library of arcane knowledge and history that he could have been perusing for new ways to fuck someone's day up?

"I'm... I'm going to need some private time. All that knowledge, all ready to help metahumanity..."

The others probably wouldn't miss the tiniest licks of his lips as if the thought was somehow delicious. Weirdo.​

Azrael sighs, thinking about how he'll get to stay in the shadows with all these spotlights on the battlefield. "Well, with the conflict being broadcast around the world, how are we gonna stay covert, unless they decide the other teams are more important? Wouldn't it piss off more than a few viewers if the team kept in the background for the entire time suddenly swept in and won the war?" He leans back, a slightly worried expression coming across his face. "Sooner or later the bigwigs'll try everything they can to force us into the limelight."

Status
Not open for further replies.