Status
Not open for further replies.
Kellyn watched as his allies shambled in. "Morning, guys." He said.

"Top shelf next to the fridge." Rin said, when coffee was asked about. "I don't drink it much, so there should be a lot."

When Alex started talking about the news, Kellyn nodded. "Wow, this IS huge if the pope is coming. And yeah, I feel bad for most mages picked up by the Corps for this. Just taken from their lives, and thrown into this war between the corps." Kellyn began eating his Frosted Flakes. (They're GRRRREAT!)
"Best you get it for her. I doubt she can reach that high."

There, his daily quota of short jokes had been met. Now the mage could focus completely on sighing in a depressed manner, "As usual, big business takes advantage of young mages... Maybe we can let her live? You know, just take out the Servant and leave her alone? Seems like a lot of our opposition doesn't want to be our opposition."
Jack nods, as the coffee is pointed out. He moves over, reaching the can of it easily, before looking around. "Do you have a coffee machine aro-ah, nevermind." He stops as he spots it on the counter. "Do you have purified water? I'd use the tap, but Ally hates it when I use tap for the coffee."

While waiting for the answer, he turns to the mage of the group. "As much as I'd love to spare as many people possible, it's simply too much of a grim reality that geeking the mages is the best option. Unless they surrender and stay in that neutral ground, the cathedral, was it? Unless they stay there, they remain a threat, especially with pressure from the corps. Trust me, people who are under "employ" of the megacorps aren't the easiest to convince." He frowns, leaning back as Ally plants her face in his abdomen, too tired to reply to the mage's joking.

"Best you get it for her. I doubt she can reach that high."

There, his daily quota of short jokes had been met. Now the mage could focus completely on sighing in a depressed manner, "As usual, big business takes advantage of young mages... Maybe we can let her live? You know, just take out the Servant and leave her alone? Seems like a lot of our opposition doesn't want to be our opposition."
Jack nods, as the coffee is pointed out. He moves over, reaching the can of it easily, before looking around. "Do you have a coffee machine aro-ah, nevermind." He stops as he spots it on the counter. "Do you have purified water? I'd use the tap, but Ally hates it when I use tap for the coffee."

While waiting for the answer, he turns to the mage of the group. "As much as I'd love to spare as many people possible, it's simply too much of a grim reality that geeking the mages is the best option. Unless they surrender and stay in that neutral ground, the cathedral, was it? Unless they stay there, they remain a threat, especially with pressure from the corps. Trust me, people who are under "employ" of the megacorps aren't the easiest to convince." He frowns, leaning back as Ally plants her face in his abdomen, too tired to reply to the mage's joking.

Kellyn looked up from his Frosted Flakes. "Agreed. We'll probably learn from Orientation who we want to let live, and who we can kill." Kellyn took a sip of water. "It's going to be CorpSec that will be the hardest to convince. Also, probably Aztechnology's mage. They probably used some blood curse on him to make him loyal to a fault. Otherwise, you kill the servant, they're out. No returning, so we can tell them top stay in the Cathedral afterwards. Of course, I think that demonic priest did several times, but he transferred servants, really." Kellyn said that pretty casually. Sakura dropped a spoon on the carpet.

A jug of purified water could be found under the sink.

Kellyn looked up from his Frosted Flakes. "Agreed. We'll probably learn from Orientation who we want to let live, and who we can kill." Kellyn took a sip of water. "It's going to be CorpSec that will be the hardest to convince. Also, probably Aztechnology's mage. They probably used some blood curse on him to make him loyal to a fault. Otherwise, you kill the servant, they're out. No returning, so we can tell them top stay in the Cathedral afterwards. Of course, I think that demonic priest did several times, but he transferred servants, really." Kellyn said that pretty casually. Sakura dropped a spoon on the carpet.

"So other than the guys worshipping the blood gods, we can send them to the church," Alex's eyes caught the drop of the spoon and sighed. It was clear that his employer had bad memories about the priest, and he shouted anything he could say would help with that. "I'll get you another one, Miss Matou," He picked up the now filthy spoon as he went and dumped it in a sink before coming back with a new one for the family head.​

"So other than the guys worshipping the blood gods, we can send them to the church," Alex's eyes caught the drop of the spoon and sighed. It was clear that his employer had bad memories about the priest, and he shouted anything he could say would help with that. "I'll get you another one, Miss Matou," He picked up the now filthy spoon as he went and dumped it in a sink before coming back with a new one for the family head.​

Jack, after a bit of waiting with no answer, simply looks around, hoping for the best. He opens the fridge, and the pantry, but doesn't find what he's looking for. He then searches around in less conspicuous places, eventually finding a jug of what seems to be purified water under the sink. He sighs, heaving the jug onto the counter. He rinses out the pot, a force of habit, before filling it with water. He looks around for some filters, finding them in one of the drawers. He goes through the motions of making coffee, eventually ending up with the coffeepot slowly filling up with black liquid.

He made a move to pick up the spoon for Sakura, but stopped as Dres got to it first.

"Right. Well, bloodmagic aside, what if they refuse? We can't just have a bunch of wild corp-sec mages running around, hindering everyone else's efforts at winning this little war we've got. Do we just gun them down, hoping that's the better end for those poor bastards who got dragged into this?"

Jack, after a bit of waiting with no answer, simply looks around, hoping for the best. He opens the fridge, and the pantry, but doesn't find what he's looking for. He then searches around in less conspicuous places, eventually finding a jug of what seems to be purified water under the sink. He sighs, heaving the jug onto the counter. He rinses out the pot, a force of habit, before filling it with water. He looks around for some filters, finding them in one of the drawers. He goes through the motions of making coffee, eventually ending up with the coffeepot slowly filling up with black liquid.

He made a move to pick up the spoon for Sakura, but stopped as Dres got to it first.

"Right. Well, bloodmagic aside, what if they refuse? We can't just have a bunch of wild corp-sec mages running around, hindering everyone else's efforts at winning this little war we've got. Do we just gun them down, hoping that's the better end for those poor bastards who got dragged into this?"
"Well... Those who can be reasoned with, we'll point them to the church. Others like the forced blood fetishist? Probably would be best to shoot them," It was simply a fact of the matter that they were in. Someone was going to die one way or another in this competition, and they only needed to make sure it wasn't their team who died. Alex felt bad for the mages who were made to fight, but wouldn't give his life for them.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well... Those who can be reasoned with, we'll point them to the church. Others like the forced blood fetishist? Probably would be best to shoot them," It was simply a fact of the matter that they were in. Someone was going to die one way or another in this competition, and they only needed to make sure it wasn't their team who died. Alex felt bad for the mages who were made to fight, but wouldn't give his life for them.​
The man nods at this, stroking his chin. "Right. Just wanted to make sure everyone's on board with ending the idiots who can't see reason. So, if a mage survives, would it be possible for them to summon another Servant, and if so, how many times can they do so? Or, what I'm trying to get at here, why wouldn't someone just pack up and leave to the church once their servant dies?" He pours a cup of coffee for Ally, handing it to her as he talks. She drinks the caffeine-laced liquid, taking a bit for the drug to give her that much-needed boost.

The man nods at this, stroking his chin. "Right. Just wanted to make sure everyone's on board with ending the idiots who can't see reason. So, if a mage survives, would it be possible for them to summon another Servant, and if so, how many times can they do so? Or, what I'm trying to get at here, why wouldn't someone just pack up and leave to the church once their servant dies?" He pours a cup of coffee for Ally, handing it to her as he talks. She drinks the caffeine-laced liquid, taking a bit for the drug to give her that much-needed boost.
"No, you can't resummon," Alex held a finger up and wiggled it as he corrected the mistake in Azrael's question, "It's one shot, so you can't just blow your load. As for why someone wouldn't go... Well, blood man is probably being forced to fight, but for others, you can still technically win until you submit and admit defeat, even if you lose your Servant. However, pretty sure you don't get a wish at that point so it's better to submit if you're sane."

"No, you can't resummon," Alex held a finger up and wiggled it as he corrected the mistake in Azrael's question, "It's one shot, so you can't just blow your load. As for why someone wouldn't go... Well, blood man is probably being forced to fight, but for others, you can still technically win until you submit and admit defeat, even if you lose your Servant. However, pretty sure you don't get a wish at that point so it's better to submit if you're sane."
Kellyn would be eating his cereal this entire time, watching the conversation go on. He finally bit something hard, and made a face. He opened his mouth, and pulled out a piece of what looked like black plastic. "Someone in manufacturing fucked up this box of Frosted Flakes. This is soy, and it's hard as a rock. Someone made it even MORE inedible. Don't know how you screw up that badly." He said a bit grossed out. "Anyway, I believe that a Servant can be transferred after a servant's death, or death of the mage."

Sakura began eating with the clean spoon. "Thank you." she said softly.

"Anyway, we'd need to check some books on that." Kellyn said fiddling with his Commlink. "Anyway, some riots are going on in Shanghai. Don't know what about, and Boston is still under Lockdown."

Kellyn would be eating his cereal this entire time, watching the conversation go on. He finally bit something hard, and made a face. He opened his mouth, and pulled out a piece of what looked like black plastic. "Someone in manufacturing fucked up this box of Frosted Flakes. This is soy, and it's hard as a rock. Someone made it even MORE inedible. Don't know how you screw up that badly." He said a bit grossed out. "Anyway, I believe that a Servant can be transferred after a servant's death, or death of the mage."

Sakura began eating with the clean spoon. "Thank you." she said softly.

"Anyway, we'd need to check some books on that." Kellyn said fiddling with his Commlink. "Anyway, some riots are going on in Shanghai. Don't know what about, and Boston is still under Lockdown."
Alex smiled without a word as his employer thanked him before noting what Kellyn said, "Chinese getting upset and starting riots and revolts? Isn't essentially their entire history in a nutshell, along with warlords? Anyways..." Suddenly, he remembered his toast that he had left on a saucer and finally finished scarfed it before sighing, "How do you transfer something that's dead? Or do you mean one mage can transfer their living servant to someone who has lost theirs?"

Alex smiled without a word as his employer thanked him before noting what Kellyn said, "Chinese getting upset and starting riots and revolts? Isn't essentially their entire history in a nutshell, along with warlords? Anyways..." Suddenly, he remembered his toast that he had left on a saucer and finally finished scarfed it before sighing, "How do you transfer something that's dead? Or do you mean one mage can transfer their living servant to someone who has lost theirs?"
"You can transfer a Living servant to someone who has a dead servant, and an Overseer can also transfer a living servant to a living master if the owner of the original dies." Kellyn said going back to his bowl. "I'm not sure, though. As I said, we may have to check the books, as I'm not sure even our hosts know the truth of the matter."

"You can transfer a Living servant to someone who has a dead servant, and an Overseer can also transfer a living servant to a living master if the owner of the original dies." Kellyn said going back to his bowl. "I'm not sure, though. As I said, we may have to check the books, as I'm not sure even our hosts know the truth of the matter."
"But would the corporations approve of it? This is a game to show their own greatness, not of their competition," Alex countered, beginning to check his finger nails in boredom as he wondered if he should get another piece of toast. Or maybe fix myself some biscuits and put some grape jelly on them? Wonder if we have the time...

"But would the corporations approve of it? This is a game to show their own greatness, not of their competition," Alex countered, beginning to check his finger nails in boredom as he wondered if he should get another piece of toast. Or maybe fix myself some biscuits and put some grape jelly on them? Wonder if we have the time...

"I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying it's a thing that is possible under the rules of the Grail War." Kellyn said.

It was around 10:00 AM. Orientation was at 5:00 PM. There was plenty of time to eat more food.

"I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying it's a thing that is possible under the rules of the Grail War." Kellyn said.

It was around 10:00 AM. Orientation was at 5:00 PM. There was plenty of time to eat more food.
Fuck it, technically, I'm an American so I'm just living up to stereotypes. "I'm going to make some biscuits. Anyone else want some?" Dres looked around the room for any takers before standing to head back into the kitchen.​

Fuck it, technically, I'm an American so I'm just living up to stereotypes. "I'm going to make some biscuits. Anyone else want some?" Dres looked around the room for any takers before standing to head back into the kitchen.​

Kellyn shook his head. "No, I'm fine." He said.

Sakura stood up. "Do you need any help?" She asked, putting her bowl down on the table.

Azrael shakes his head, politely dismissing the offer. "No thanks. I'm good. I'm more concerned about the other head, the Einzbern, as well as waiting for our hacker, who still isn't around." The man's friend, still drinking down her coffee, shakes her head as well. "Coffee is the only breakfast I need." She states, matter-of-factly, before taking another sip.

Azrael frowns slightly, pondering a moment. "Still, the whole Orientation thing seems a bit risky to me. Even if the entire world had their eyes on the event, I don't trust any of the corporations to not try to sabotage the event."

Kellyn shook his head. "No, I'm fine." He said.

Sakura stood up. "Do you need any help?" She asked, putting her bowl down on the table.
Sakura's offer received a polite but dismissing wave as Dres began to prepare, "Thanks, but I'm alright. I've played with enough fire to know how to make some dough cook."
Azrael shakes his head, politely dismissing the offer. "No thanks. I'm good. I'm more concerned about the other head, the Einzbern, as well as waiting for our hacker, who still isn't around." The man's friend, still drinking down her coffee, shakes her head as well. "Coffee is the only breakfast I need." She states, matter-of-factly, before taking another sip.

Azrael frowns slightly, pondering a moment. "Still, the whole Orientation thing seems a bit risky to me. Even if the entire world had their eyes on the event, I don't trust any of the corporations to not try to sabotage the event."
"Oh yeah, whatever happened to the Einzbern head?" Dres's voice carried from the kitchen as he began to pull out a pan to let the biscuits cook on, "They were supposed to show up last night, weren't they? Oh, and our hacker too! Bad enough we've got corporations looking to put bullets in our head, worse if we don't even know where a third of our team is."

Sakura's offer received a polite but dismissing wave as Dres began to prepare, "Thanks, but I'm alright. I've played with enough fire to know how to make some dough cook."

"Oh yeah, whatever happened to the Einzbern head?" Dres's voice carried from the kitchen as he began to pull out a pan to let the biscuits cook on, "They were supposed to show up last night, weren't they? Oh, and our hacker too! Bad enough we've got corporations looking to put bullets in our head, worse if we don't even know where a third of our team is."
"They'll hopefully be here soon enough. I haven't heard anything from either of them." He turned to Rin, who just shook her head.

"Hopefully they'll be here soon." Kellyn said, sliding down in his chair.

Local News:

A Parade celebrating the start of the Sixth Holy Grail War is beginning at Ryuudou Temple, and ending at the Fuyuki Arcology. Police are on High Alert.

Threats of a terrorist attack at the Fuyuki Arcology today have Police and Corporate Security increasing patrols and tightening security.

EVO Biomedical to test several new medicines in several area hospitals.

The Pope has recently landed at Narita Airport.

World News:

CDC quarantines Denver following an incident where an astrally active flu strain was released into the water supply. A spokesman from the Center for Disease Control says that cleanup will take "Several weeks at least." More later as this story unfolds.

"Tolkien Society for Metahuman Relations" founded in England to improve Human-Metahuman relations.

Princeton University planning to expand its Magical Research department.

Shanghai protests expand to the point where riot police are becoming overwhelmed, military called in to deal with protestors.

----------

Kellyn looked at his commlink. "Aw, man, CDC's quarantining my hometown, and I'm not even there to assist them." He said.

((SORRY IT'S SHORT AND SHITTY, BUT AT LEAST IT'S DONE! Stuff in here will have bearing later. Feel free to make your own news stories for a subplot or something.))

Local News:

A Parade celebrating the start of the Sixth Holy Grail War is beginning at Ryuudou Temple, and ending at the Fuyuki Arcology. Police are on High Alert.

Threats of a terrorist attack at the Fuyuki Arcology today have Police and Corporate Security increasing patrols and tightening security.

EVO Biomedical to test several new medicines in several area hospitals.

The Pope has recently landed at Narita Airport.

World News:

CDC quarantines Denver following an incident where an astrally active flu strain was released into the water supply. A spokesman from the Center for Disease Control says that cleanup will take "Several weeks at least." More later as this story unfolds.

"Tolkien Society for Metahuman Relations" founded in England to improve Human-Metahuman relations.

Princeton University planning to expand its Magical Research department.

Shanghai protests expand to the point where riot police are becoming overwhelmed, military called in to deal with protestors.

----------

Kellyn looked at his commlink. "Aw, man, CDC's quarantining my hometown, and I'm not even there to assist them." He said.

((SORRY IT'S SHORT AND SHITTY, BUT AT LEAST IT'S DONE! Stuff in here will have bearing later. Feel free to make your own news stories for a subplot or something.))
"Could be worse. Could have been here and we get stuck dealing with your old employers while also being caught in a gladiatorial tournament," In Alex's mind, everything could get worse in some way, so Kellyn's concern didn't really register as all that disappointing. Besides, why worry about it if it was half way around the world even if it was a hometown? "Anyways, how much longer before we can go to Orientation? I'm about to snap and go hunting for our opponents before the competition even starts."

"Could be worse. Could have been here and we get stuck dealing with your old employers while also being caught in a gladiatorial tournament," In Alex's mind, everything could get worse in some way, so Kellyn's concern didn't really register as all that disappointing. Besides, why worry about it if it was half way around the world even if it was a hometown? "Anyways, how much longer before we can go to Orientation? I'm about to snap and go hunting for our opponents before the competition even starts."

Kellyn looked at his watch. "I give the third family head and the hacker half an hour, and then I'm bailing. We can meet them at Orientation or later over coffee." He finished his cereal and walked back into the kitchen with his bowl in his hand. "Anyway, yeah. I hope the CDC is able to clear everything up. Denver's a nice city, once you get past the fact that five different countries lay claim to it, and constantly bicker about it. And the fact that there's barely any oxygen due to the height."

Status
Not open for further replies.