Status
Not open for further replies.
"How do you all feel about working with the Roman Emperor Nero?" Rin asked. "Nero was the only one we could find an artifact for, I'm sorry. Magical Organizations and Megacorps have just been buying them left and right."

She left the room for a few minutes, and returned with a glass case. Inside was what looked like a Roman Gladius. It was slightly rusty, but still had the look of the sword.

Sakura had fallen asleep at this point, she was resting her head in her hand, which was leaning on the arm of the couch.
"Nero, huh...?" Fuck. Though his knowledge of Latin was certainly strong, being almost as fluent in it as he was in his birth language of English, the prospect of working with the fellow speaker that Rin suggested wasn't exactly sounding like a fun one. Nero was quite the madman in his day though so were many emperors of Rome, yet he was perhaps second only to Caligula in his deranged actions. The fact that the two shared a blood relation as nephew and uncle with each other certainly contributed to the possibility that all of Augustus's progeny were mad.

Well, at least they would know how to sweet-talk him, though there was one final question in Alex's mind...

"Weird, Nero wasn't a soldier, he was a musician and actor. Why not a lyre instead of a sword?"

However, that question didn't stop him from standing and carefully taking the case from Rin, almost seeming to cradle it to protect it as he examined the blade within. His eyes then roamed to Sakura and he released a concerned sigh, realizing how late it must have been, "Should we do it tonight or wait until after Orientation? Looks like one of our benefactors needed to rest while we talked."

"Nero, huh...?" Fuck. Though his knowledge of Latin was certainly strong, being almost as fluent in it as he was in his birth language of English, the prospect of working with the fellow speaker that Rin suggested wasn't exactly sounding like a fun one. Nero was quite the madman in his day though so were many emperors of Rome, yet he was perhaps second only to Caligula in his deranged actions. The fact that the two shared a blood relation as nephew and uncle with each other certainly contributed to the possibility that all of Augustus's progeny were mad.

Well, at least they would know how to sweet-talk him, though there was one final question in Alex's mind...

"Weird, Nero wasn't a soldier, he was a musician and actor. Why not a lyre instead of a sword?"

However, that question didn't stop him from standing and carefully taking the case from Rin, almost seeming to cradle it to protect it as he examined the blade within. His eyes then roamed to Sakura and he released a concerned sigh, realizing how late it must have been, "Should we do it tonight or wait until after Orientation? Looks like one of our benefactors needed to rest while we talked."
Azrael frowns as he hears who their servant is going to be. He furrows his brow, somewhat bothered by the news. "Wait, why would Nero be considered a Saber? He wasn't particularly a great warrior in history as much as I can remember, and, in fact, he was a bit insane. Wouldn't he be more of a... I dunno... Archer? And are you sure that gladius is connected to Nero specifically? It could belong to a various amount of roman gladiators."

Azrael frowns as he hears who their servant is going to be. He furrows his brow, somewhat bothered by the news. "Wait, why would Nero be considered a Saber? He wasn't particularly a great warrior in history as much as I can remember, and, in fact, he was a bit insane. Wouldn't he be more of a... I dunno... Archer? And are you sure that gladius is connected to Nero specifically? It could belong to a various amount of roman gladiators."
"Well, stage actors of the time were usually sex workers on the side and Nero certainly loved his acting, and the Saber classes seen in the past tend to be rather attractive women..."

You know, when Alex woke up this morning, he didn't expect he would be reaching conclusions with strong evidence that Nero was a manwhore and that Saber class Servants were just the same.

Honestly, at this point, he didn't know what to expect anymore.​

"Well, stage actors of the time were usually sex workers on the side and Nero certainly loved his acting, and the Saber classes seen in the past tend to be rather attractive women..."

You know, when Alex woke up this morning, he didn't expect he would be reaching conclusions with strong evidence that Nero was a manwhore and that Saber class Servants were just the same.

Honestly, at this point, he didn't know what to expect anymore.​
!!!Bullshit GM Lore Time!!!

Kellyn stood up. "Ok! We are not going there!" He said. "I know we're all mature adults here, but some things do not need to go further." He stated firmly. "Anyway, some lore says that this is the Sword of Horatius, a blade which was passed down ceremonially through out Rome's history. Last known owner was Nero." He says, looking up from his commlink. "Well, that's one mystery solved. But yeah, it could summon any number of heroes, which is the issue. We may need a specific ritual...As for when we should summon, I say after Orientation, just to be on the safe side."

Sakura shifted in her sleep. She looked so cute when sleeping.

Kellyn stood up. "Ok! We are not going there!" He said. "I know we're all mature adults here, but some things do not need to go further." He stated firmly. "Anyway, some lore says that this is the Sword of Horatius, a blade which was passed down ceremonially through out Rome's history. Last known owner was Nero." He says, looking up from his commlink. "Well, that's one mystery solved. But yeah, it could summon any number of heroes, which is the issue. We may need a specific ritual...As for when we should summon, I say after Orientation, just to be on the safe side."

Dres sighed as he realized that Kellyn was right and nodded, "Right, so for now, we need to figure out a specific ritual to summon the Servant we want... Something with fire and music, perhaps? Nero loved the theater and he was believed arsonist who caused the Fire of Rome of 64 AD, so wouldn't that sort of thing bring him out if we included the sword?"

"Oh, and maybe we should go ahead and send Miss Matou home or put her to bed," He tilted his head towards the woman who was sleeping blissfully unaware of the topic at hand or the shocking theory that the mage had presented just a few seconds before then, "It can't be good to fall asleep in that position."

Dres sighed as he realized that Kellyn was right and nodded, "Right, so for now, we need to figure out a specific ritual to summon the Servant we want... Something with fire and music, perhaps? Nero loved the theater and he was believed arsonist who caused the Fire of Rome of 64 AD, so wouldn't that sort of thing bring him out if we included the sword?"

"Oh, and maybe we should go ahead and send Miss Matou home or put her to bed," He tilted his head towards the woman who was sleeping blissfully unaware of the topic at hand or the shocking theory that the mage had presented just a few seconds before then, "It can't be good to fall asleep in that position."
Azrael tilts his head, somewhat confused. "Well, as long as it works, I'm not complaining." He leisurely rests his hands behind his head, as he looks over to Sakura, who was sound asleep. "If you need me, I can carry her to a proper bed. Doubt that she's much heavier than my SF-20." He looks around the room, still somewhat bothered by the lack of a hacker in the room. He keeps his concerns to his self for now, however, leaning farther back into his chair. "And is the third family head going to be here too? I heard that she's pretty young for her status of a head of a family." He looks over to the door, somewhat bored.

Azrael tilts his head, somewhat confused. "Well, as long as it works, I'm not complaining." He leisurely rests his hands behind his head, as he looks over to Sakura, who was sound asleep. "If you need me, I can carry her to a proper bed. Doubt that she's much heavier than my SF-20." He looks around the room, still somewhat bothered by the lack of a hacker in the room. He keeps his concerns to his self for now, however, leaning farther back into his chair. "And is the third family head going to be here too? I heard that she's pretty young for her status of a head of a family." He looks over to the door, somewhat bored.

"I... I think it might just be the addition of a few words, Dres. But don't quote me on that. We can always check some books." As Sakura fell asleep, and Azrael stood up, Kellyn did as well. "Here, let me help you. I still need to make my bed for the night as well, and I'll show you around the house. I've been here before in planning." He said. "It'd be best not to wake her up."

"I... I think it might just be the addition of a few words, Dres. But don't quote me on that. We can always check some books." As Sakura fell asleep, and Azrael stood up, Kellyn did as well. "Here, let me help you. I still need to make my bed for the night as well, and I'll show you around the house. I've been here before in planning." He said. "It'd be best not to wake her up."
Azrael shakes his head, putting up his hand. "No thanks, I can carry her just fine myself. But you can show me around the place if you'd be so inclined." He begins walking over to pick up Lady Sakura, before his Fixer punches him in the stomach. "See? What'd I tell you? Only a few minutes of knowing these people and you've got your hands all over one of the women! Pig." Azrael simply chuckles, placing a hand on Ally's head. "Hey, now. Don't get jealous. I can pick you up too, if you want." He laughs as she goes slightly red and punches him even harder in the abdomen. He laughs in response, before walking over, and picking up Sakura bridal-style. Not the most efficient way of carrying a person, but it's better than treating a head of one of the three families like a piece of luggage. "Where should I bring her?"

Azrael shakes his head, putting up his hand. "No thanks, I can carry her just fine myself. But you can show me around the place if you'd be so inclined." He begins walking over to pick up Lady Sakura, before his Fixer punches him in the stomach. "See? What'd I tell you? Only a few minutes of knowing these people and you've got your hands all over one of the women! Pig." Azrael simply chuckles, placing a hand on Ally's head. "Hey, now. Don't get jealous. I can pick you up too, if you want." He laughs as she goes slightly red and punches him even harder in the abdomen. He laughs in response, before walking over, and picking up Sakura bridal-style. Not the most efficient way of carrying a person, but it's better than treating a head of one of the three families like a piece of luggage. "Where should I bring her?"
"Follow me." Kellyn said, standing up. Rin stepped out of the way as he stepped through the door. He walked up the stairs. "There's a room at the end of the hall to the right." Kellyn said.

"Follow me." Kellyn said, standing up. Rin stepped out of the way as he stepped through the door. He walked up the stairs. "There's a room at the end of the hall to the right." Kellyn said.
Alex followed along as well, keeping an eye on Azrael for any sort of funny business. It wouldn't have been good to allow someone other than the head of one of the other families to be alone with Sakura, as that left up the chance to hurt his employer while denying they were involved. "Thanks for carrying her, Az. Doubt I could manage it."

That didn't mean he couldn't be nice to his teammate though.​

Alex followed along as well, keeping an eye on Azrael for any sort of funny business. It wouldn't have been good to allow someone other than the head of one of the other families to be alone with Sakura, as that left up the chance to hurt his employer while denying they were involved. "Thanks for carrying her, Az. Doubt I could manage it."

Azrael nods, following Kellyn down the hall that he had indicated, being extremely careful about carrying Sakura. His Fixer follows close behind, her scrutinizing gaze making sure that he doesn't try to cop a feel, despite him clearly not being that kind of guy. He somehow manages to open the door to the room while carrying the Matou Family Head, stepping into the room. "Well, hey. If any of you decide to get shot while we're working, and we're in a hot zone, take solace in the fact that I can probably carry both of you at least a couple of blocks." He chuckles softly, laying Sakura down on the bed in the room ((leaving the description of the room to @The Silver Paladin )). Once that's done, he exits the room quickly, not very comfortable with the idea of watching someone while they sleep.

Azrael nods, following Kellyn down the hall that he had indicated, being extremely careful about carrying Sakura. His Fixer follows close behind, her scrutinizing gaze making sure that he doesn't try to cop a feel, despite him clearly not being that kind of guy. He somehow manages to open the door to the room while carrying the Matou Family Head, stepping into the room. "Well, hey. If any of you decide to get shot while we're working, and we're in a hot zone, take solace in the fact that I can probably carry both of you at least a couple of blocks." He chuckles softly, laying Sakura down on the bed in the room ((leaving the description of the room to @The Silver Paladin )). Once that's done, he exits the room quickly, not very comfortable with the idea of watching someone while they sleep.
"Well, with that taken care of..." The mage allowed a yawn to escape him, spreading his mouth wide to draw in more oxygen, before continuing on, "Maybe we should go ahead and see if Tohsaka has space for us to sleep. I'd rather not get fucked by not having enough sleep, and the hacker and the third head can introduce themselves tomorrow for being so goddamn late."

"Well, with that taken care of..." The mage allowed a yawn to escape him, spreading his mouth wide to draw in more oxygen, before continuing on, "Maybe we should go ahead and see if Tohsaka has space for us to sleep. I'd rather not get fucked by not having enough sleep, and the hacker and the third head can introduce themselves tomorrow for being so goddamn late."

Kellyn yawned. "I had, like, ten cups of coffee today, and am just now feeling the crash. I flew in from DeeCee. That Jet Lag really did a number on me. I could sleep." He brushed off his suit. "You could ask Miss Tohsaka where you all can sleep. My room's right here." He leaned against the door. "We should probably tell her we're going to sleep so she can look out for the others."

Kellyn yawned. "I had, like, ten cups of coffee today, and am just now feeling the crash. I flew in from DeeCee. That Jet Lag really did a number on me. I could sleep." He brushed off his suit. "You could ask Miss Tohsaka where you all can sleep. My room's right here." He leaned against the door. "We should probably tell her we're going to sleep so she can look out for the others."
"Right, I'll go down and ask her then," Thankfully, Alex wasn't so tired that he couldn't find his way down the stairs. Managing to do so without a single stumbled step, the mage began calling throughout the first floor, just loud enough for Rin to hear if she hadn't already fallen asleep, "Oi, Tohsaka, you got any extra beds? I'd rather not get fucking lynched during the night so I'd prefer to stay indoors for the rest of the night."

Jack sighs as Ally stares daggers into the side of his head. "Well, I can stay up a bit with Rin to watch for the others. I've been in Japan for about a month, so I can stay up a bit longer than you two. But I would like to know where I'm gonna have to sleep later, couches aren't exactly the most comfortable or classy." He leans against the wall, somewhat bothered by the fact that one of the family heads is late, along with their hacker. He'd hate to have Ally put in work on the mission. "Besides, I'd like to get to know the inner workings of the Grail War from a veteran of it. There's still a lot that goes over my head."

Prologue: Chevaliers de Sangreal

"The UN Security Coucil calls Emergency meeting today concerning the Holy Grail War..."

"...The Pope himself has flown out to Fuyuki City for the commencement and Orientation..."

"...'This is an abuse of magic. The Megacorps have overstepped their boundaries. This is intended to be a private conflict...'"

"... And today on our show, we have Yeri Soul Young, Mitsuhama's Mage representative in the Holy Grail War..."

"... One question remains: Who is final team?"

-Excerpts from various News Broadcasts
----------------------------------------------

Kellyn woke up. He rubbed his eyes, and slid out of bed. He stretched for a moment, and then unzipped his suitcase. He pulled on a Polo shirt, and a pair of jeans. He stepped into the bathroom, and quickly brushed his teeth. He stared in the mirror for a second. This didn't seem real at all. Perhaps it was, and Kellyn would get ¥1,000,000 in the end. or perhaps it wasn't, and Kellyn would wake up in his DeeCee apartment, and go back to work at the CDC.

He began walking down the stairs, and into the Living Room once again. Rin and Sakura sat at the table again. Kellyn nodded as he stepped inside. "Morning." He said in a casual tone.

Sakura yawned, still waking up. "Good morning, Kellyn." She smiled.

6215182c94df43699b7b7a0e69e398297be3e798_hq.gif

Rin just sipped a cup of tea.

5988717.jpg

Kellyn made his way into the kitchen, and poured a bowl of Frosted Flakes. He then poured some milk, and made his way back into the Living Room where Rin and Sakura were sitting. They appeared to be talking over some kind of map.

Kellyn walked over with his bowl of Cornflakes in hand. "So, what do we have?" He asked.

@DeadAxl @The Tactician @This was a Long Time Coming @Sorry it's bad.

"The UN Security Coucil calls Emergency meeting today concerning the Holy Grail War..."

"...The Pope himself has flown out to Fuyuki City for the commencement and Orientation..."

"...'This is an abuse of magic. The Megacorps have overstepped their boundaries. This is intended to be a private conflict...'"

"... And today on our show, we have Yeri Soul Young, Mitsuhama's Mage representative in the Holy Grail War..."

Kellyn woke up. He rubbed his eyes, and slid out of bed. He stretched for a moment, and then unzipped his suitcase. He pulled on a Polo shirt, and a pair of jeans. He stepped into the bathroom, and quickly brushed his teeth. He stared in the mirror for a second. This didn't seem real at all. Perhaps it was, and Kellyn would get ¥1,000,000 in the end. or perhaps it wasn't, and Kellyn would wake up in his DeeCee apartment, and go back to work at the CDC.

He began walking down the stairs, and into the Living Room once again. Rin and Sakura sat at the table again. Kellyn nodded as he stepped inside. "Morning." He said in a casual tone.

5988717.jpg

Kellyn made his way into the kitchen, and poured a bowl of Frosted Flakes. He then poured some milk, and made his way back into the Living Room where Rin and Sakura were sitting. They appeared to be talking over some kind of map.

Kellyn walked over with his bowl of Cornflakes in hand. "So, what do we have?" He asked.

"The literal fucking Pope."

From the same door that Kellyn had come through to enter the room, Alex walked in as well with a slice of toast and his commlink in hand, olive drab military surplus pants and t-shirt already on. He had left his armored jacket in his room for now, instead focused on the piece of bread covered in honey and butter, and took a seat on the couch by his teammate. Dark lines hung under his eyes, evidence of a mostly sleepless night, yet somehow, he seemed able to focus on the news article he was reading, "Morning, everyone. Anyways, yeah, His Holiness is coming, and the old men in the Association are also pissing up a storm, claiming this is a violation of magic tradition and such... Well, can't say they're wrong there. Oh, and Mitsuhama is making some Korean girl be their mage... Poor kid."

5988717.jpg

From the same door that Kellyn had come through to enter the room, Alex walked in as well with a slice of toast and his commlink in hand, olive drab military surplus pants and t-shirt already on. He had left his armored jacket in his room for now, instead focused on the piece of bread covered in honey and butter, and took a seat on the couch by his teammate. Dark lines hung under his eyes, evidence of a mostly sleepless night, yet somehow, he seemed able to focus on the news article he was reading, "Morning, everyone. Anyways, yeah, His Holiness is coming, and the old men in the Association are also pissing up a storm, claiming this is a violation of magic tradition and such... Well, can't say they're wrong there. Oh, and Mitsuhama is making some Korean girl be their mage... Poor kid."
Jack comes through the door that the other two used a few moments later, wearing jeans and a simple T-shirt with a clever design that read "Rock You!". Ally follows moments later, wearing one of Azrael's very large shirts, the hem reaching her knees. Ally looks considerably tired, clearly not a morning person, while Jack simply looks about the same that he did last night. "So, what's new?" Jack would ask, as he pours two bowls of the sweetest cereal he can find. "Also, do you have coffee? Ally here can't function in the morning without it." In response, Ally would weakly punch Azrael, following it up with a yawn. "Shut up... Idiot..."

Jack comes through the door that the other two used a few moments later, wearing jeans and a simple T-shirt with a clever design that read "Rock You!". Ally follows moments later, wearing one of Azrael's very large shirts, the hem reaching her knees. Ally looks considerably tired, clearly not a morning person, while Jack simply looks about the same that he did last night. "So, what's new?" Jack would ask, as he pours two bowls of the sweetest cereal he can find. "Also, do you have coffee? Ally here can't function in the morning without it." In response, Ally would weakly punch Azrael, following it up with a yawn. "Shut up... Idiot..."

Kellyn watched as his allies shambled in. "Morning, guys." He said.

"Top shelf next to the fridge." Rin said, when coffee was asked about. "I don't drink it much, so there should be a lot."

When Alex started talking about the news, Kellyn nodded. "Wow, this IS huge if the pope is coming. And yeah, I feel bad for most mages picked up by the Corps for this. Just taken from their lives, and thrown into this war between the corps." Kellyn began eating his Frosted Flakes. (They're GRRRREAT!)

Kellyn watched as his allies shambled in. "Morning, guys." He said.

"Top shelf next to the fridge." Rin said, when coffee was asked about. "I don't drink it much, so there should be a lot."

When Alex started talking about the news, Kellyn nodded. "Wow, this IS huge if the pope is coming. And yeah, I feel bad for most mages picked up by the Corps for this. Just taken from their lives, and thrown into this war between the corps." Kellyn began eating his Frosted Flakes. (They're GRRRREAT!)
"Best you get it for her. I doubt she can reach that high."

There, his daily quota of short jokes had been met. Now the mage could focus completely on sighing in a depressed manner, "As usual, big business takes advantage of young mages... Maybe we can let her live? You know, just take out the Servant and leave her alone? Seems like a lot of our opposition doesn't want to be our opposition."

Status
Not open for further replies.