Farthern Legends

"I'd get up, but I can't feel my legs kid." Patch said, looking over at Eclipse. "The antidote is working, but I won't be able to stand till morning. I thought I lost that bear in Gia, so I stopped taking small doses of the antidote two weeks ago. A mistake I will not make again."

Eclipse walked over to patch as he brought the medkit to, he took out a bottle of rubbing alchohal and drenched a cloth with it as he cleaned patch's wound, afterwards he took out one sutcher and some stitching. " This may hurt fro a bit. " He said as he began to stitch the wound together.

Patch shook his head, adjusting his arm so that Eclipse could see. "Nothing hurts me much anymore, kid." He said, not even really feeling the stitching being done. His body was already so scared and calloused that someone literally had to punch him to get his attention. A tap on the shoulder he wouldn't even notice.

He finished stitching his wound as he cut the stitching with his teeth and tied it off. " Not my best work but its good enough it will hold. "

Patch hadn't really needed stitching, but he wasn't going to argue with the kid. "Thanks, Eclipse. Now get back to sleep, you'll need it. We're only making one stop tomorrow."

" Ummm can i ask something..? " He said as he looked up at patch with his large blue fox eyes.

Patch looked over at Eclipse then nodded, "Sure, if you want."

" Umm can i sleep next to you i need some kind of you know something that i know will protect me from any harm.. " He said as he felt a bit embaressed.

Patch chuckled, patting the grass beside him. "Come on then, fox. No demons are gonna getcha tonight." Honestly? He didn't care. He'd been the same way for years growing up. He'd since grown out of it, but he could understand where the kid was coming from.

He smiled as he grabbed his bedding as he then laied it next to patch and laied down. " Thanks.. " He said to patch.

"Don't meanchon it kid." Patch said, looking out over the lake. "Just rest up; a new life started for you today, but you've got a ways to go."

Eclipse closed his eyes as he nuzzled into patch falling asleep quickly.

Patch looked down at the fox, eyes surprisingly soft for a cold-heart like him. Leave it to a kid to bring out the other side. He shook his head, looking out at the lake again. "What am I to do, Sola? It's been years since..." He shook his head again, eyes closed. He laid back on the grass, hands behind his head, looking up at the night sky till sleep overtook him. A light sleep. The sleep of the warrior.

eclipse tossed over onto his side as he hugged his tail close to him.

Morning came and Patch rose with the sun, his legs still numb, but he could at least walk. He looked down at Eclipse with a soft sort of smile before going to the water to fish.

Eclipse stayed asleep as he started to snore. " .............. "

"Ten fish....should be enough....right?" Patch muttered, rolling his shoulder. He glanced at Eclipse as he stored the fish in dock leaves in the saddle bag. "Surely he won't eat more than two." Patch shook his head, standing and whistling. Locklin and Delphi came from the trees, nickering and prancing around before coming over. "That's my two kids." Patch said, chuckling as he saddled the horses again. "Eclipse, you up mate?"

Eclips slowly sat up rubbing his eyes. " Hu? " he says still half asleep.

"Come on, sleepy fox. We have to get going if we're going to get to the village by noon. I was going to buy you a drink at the bar, while I got information about Sage City. We won't stay long." Patch said, tossing the saddle bags onto the horses easily.

He got up and packed his bag as he kept his shirt off for it being still to hot. " By drink do you mean like alchohol? " he asks curiously.