Farthern Legends

"Coastal town, Sage City." Patch said, glancing at the trees around them casually. "There was a riot...I lost a few good friends. Point is, we go, we put a stop to it."

" Right.. " He said as he looked out infront of him.

"You sure you're ready, Eclipse? You won't be able to stop your blade short. There's gonna be blood and death." Patch said, pulling Locklin back into a walk. The horse snorted, shaking his head.

He slowed Delphidown to a trott. " Yea i am sure i am ready. " He said as he looked to ptach with a seirous look on his face. " Why wouldn't I be. I did get my blade today diddn't I? "

"A blade doesn't make you a killer." Patch said, looking at Eclipse. "You can have a blade, you can be the best at wielding it, but it doesn't mean you can kill a man, in defense or not. First time I killed, I froze up." He pointed to the scar on his chest, running from his right shoulder to left hip. "He landed this before I came to my senses. Just because you wield a blade, doesn't make you a killer. That takes a whole different kind of warrior."

Eclipse looked down. " I have killed before....... I had to.... " He said as he sighhed lightly.

"Doesn't make it easy, and you still regret the kill." Patch shook his head, looking through the trees with a casual glare. "That's a flaw even I still sometimes bear. My first kill....well, let's just say I knew him. At any rate, that flaw has nearly cost my life on more than an occasion. You're not born to kill, you create a kill; you kill once, it doesn't mean you kill for a living." He waited only a moment before twisting around, looking at Eclipse. "And, if you do become a killer, you'll lose yourself." He shook his head, looking forward again.

He sighhed. " Yea... " He said as he kept quiet now for a good couple miles, he then broke the silence. " So when do we make our first stop? "

"In thirty minutes. There's a lake, off the road, where we can stop. No fire, though; summer night and fruit, we don't need one." Patch said, rolling his shoulder absently. There was another reason, but he wouldn't bring that up yet. "We'll lite one tomorrow night, probably cook the fish we'll catch in the morning."

" Allright. " he said as he ywned softly.

Patch chuckled, urging Locklin into a slow trott. Thirty minutes later he turned the stallion off the road and through the trees. The lake was just as he remembered and he dismounted easily. "I'll take care of Locklin and Delphi, you go ahead and bed down. Early day tomorrow." He said, taking the reigns of the mare.

he jumped down as he grabbed his pack and set his bed up and layed down, as soon as he layed down he fell right asleep, snoreing but quietly.

"He's a good kid, don't ya think?" Patch said, looking at Locklin as if the stallion would really talk back. "Makes one wonder what happened to make him want to be like us..." He muttered, unsaddling the two horses easily. He didn't bother to tie them, they were good horses; he'd trained them himself. "Don't go far, you two." Patch sat against a tree, watching the lake. He'd be up for a little while yet.

Eclipse tossed and turned as he made whimpering sounds in his sleep his tail fluffing up as he kept tossing and turning.

Patch frowned, standing and going to the kid. He'd never get a full nights rest tossing like that. He turned and went to his pack, pulling out a small container. He poured only a small amount into his palm before putting it away again and pulling out a clay bowl. He sat the bowl in front of Eclipse, dumping the contients of his palm in before lighting it. He shielded his own nose and stood. Sleep incense; was always a good idea to have some for emergencies. "Sleep easy, kid; nothing's gonna get you tonight."

He settled down as he stopped whimpering and tossing. He lay there sleeping as he nuzzled into his pillow. " Mmm my cookie... " He says as he started to snore.

Patch chuckled, turned and walking to the stone beach. The lake was one of the best places to stay. "Shouldn't have lit the fire."
"I know." Patch said, turning and drawing his sword slowly, quietly. The bear man was in a similar stance, two swords. "But I'm not heartless." He ran forward, forcing the bear man back and growling softly as their swords met.
"Should have ended me last year, when you had the chance." The guy growled, forcing Patch back. Bears were stronger than wolves, proven fact. Wolves, however, were quicker.
"I still got time."

Eclipse soon opend his eyes as he heard faint clashing of blades. " Patch where are you? " He said as he grabbed his sword to provide a small amount of light, he got up as he is just in his shorts due to it being so hot. " Patch..... "

"Babysitting, Patch?"
"You wish I'd gotten that soft." Patch said, growling as the power thrumed through the blade I held. I forced the bear back, growling low and slashing. The bear growled, backing off.
"You're going to the City. I'll be waiting for you." He shoved Patch back before turning and running.
Patch huffed, touching a cut on his arm and turning back to the lake. "S'alright, Eclipse, just...a little trouble." Patch grunted, going to his bag and pulling out a second container. He downed half and coughed, putting it away again. "Still cheats, using poison his blade. D***able bear..." Patch shook his head, sitting and sheathing his blade again.

" Patch cmere. I know things about first aid and stitching. " he said as he pulled a medkit from his pack.