Fantasy High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astraya played the last few straggling notes in the song and after she'd finished they still lingered in the air. Just before she finished her nose caught scent of another good friend of hers, she had met him also over the summer last year but under much different circumstances. It was much more along the lines of how she stood- in awe outside his little... Mansion. From the outside, even the landscaping, which consisted of a large brick wall surrounding the place entirely told her this boy never wanted for anything in his life. He never had to, because whether loaded parents, hard work or even a bit of both, his house was clearly the biggest. Astraya considered herself to be fairly rich. Aside from owning the only apartment complex in her part of town she also had invested in a lot of companies over the years that had started out and became more. Companies like Xerox and Kodak just to name a few. She didn't want to stand out or have a lot of notoriety. But it helped when she would be reborn and have assets in some companies allowing her to continue her search and go anywhere she needed to. She had no idea what he had but when she showed him how she was practising the piano he was intrigued and she wanted to show him how much better she had gotten but. He disappeared over the summer.

She had only known this man two years. When she moved to Japan, she took a long time to find an apartment she liked. When she found the building about a block away from his house she managed to find his house but a week later. Scoping out the neighbourhood to find out how many times she would be robbed was an important pastime and imagining her shock upon her face when she found his home instead of standard houses. Her mind swam the first time, in anger at first because a house like this had to of taken four plots of land from not so wealthy families. She hated finding homes like this and instead invested in apartments. Mostly in places like New York or here in Japan. But he angered her more then pleased her until she saw him. Immediately fear struck her watching him walk out of his apartment. She had used magic suppress to hide her inhuman features, including her smell; making her wolf ears and long half dragon half wolf tail all but visible. Her purple eyes were always hard to hide so, a set of contacts was the way of the world, but on this day she forgot them making it very hard to face Darret when meeting him. Later on he helped her move the piano into her apartment since the living guys decided that it was their time to bail after putting it in the grand lobby. Astraya was scared that the piano would become her apartment complex's attraction factor. She feared she would have to hire a person to play it all the time and worry soon set in, in place of fear. But Darret took to her worry and helped her move the piano up her 40 floor apartment complex to her apartment on the top floor.

Luckily this was all before her siblings lived with her. They would have sabotaged anything she would have tried and she had the man over twice before Nightmare moved in. Astraya remembered, not quite fondly though, how she had come home that night feeling like all her bones were shattered and they were slowly mending themselves. She had to of spent a week avoiding Darret and everyone else. Her bed became her best and only friend, occasionally she would even bleed out causing her to wake up in a sticky mess. Nightmare even met Darret warning her that he would kill her in a heartbeat had he the chance. After that Nightmare was convinced everyone was a danger to Astraya and scared everyone off. The girl was beside herself with anger but couldn't grow to kick her sibling out. Especially considering she brought her other siblings home too. But this let her practice her piano skills. So she could preform like she had now. And here. Darret was.

"Oh my," she paused being careful not to take her own fathers name in vain. "I thought I would not see you again for at least the next two summers." It had been almost a year since she had seen him since before she didn't go to school here and she had known him over the summer. She knew he went to school here too but she wanted to get out of her house as well as locate her other siblings if it was the last thing she would do. Nightmare did a pretty good job of telling Darret off, or at least she assumed since she didn't actually see Darret at all over this summer and partial of last. "Nightmare didn't scare you off, did she?" She wondered aloud with her fingers pressed to her lips.

She was in full display now, her large dark purple and light purple ears twitched slightly, her tail with purple rainbow sheen scales and a tip in fur that looked more like purple fire flicked back and forth. Even her tiny wings sat in full display. He was her friend and she was t quite sure how she felt about him but it might have been something more of course if the last words her family ever spoke to him was their inability to leave earth and their actual ability to come back and kill him. Astraya was actually worried now that he wouldn't like her, but, even so, here he was standing before her. She too stood to try and meet his height but her near foot difference caused her ears to square on her head and her face turn, a into a child frustrated that they couldn't meet their elders height.

@SheriffLlama

Yoshiko dropped her hand back to her side in one stiff, awkward motion. Yoshiko blinked a few times before a small sigh escaped from her lips.
''I do not have that knowledge.'' she would simply state, doing her best to sound professional. This was another angel after all! Though, he was fallen. Oh, goodness, Yoshiko just isn't sure how to act.
Yoshiko would simply fall silent, afraid that her lack of knowledge on her own schedule would deem her quite moronic.
''Is.. Is that normal?'' She'd hesitantly ask, fear laced throughout her tone of voice. Surely this wasn't normal, was it? Or had she already messed up?

Alexander's surprise appearance right in front of her caught Lilith off guard. Landing back onto the floor she had just picked herself off of mere moments ago, she growled, mortified with the amount of times she had fallen in a hallway full of people. Sure, so far she had only fallen twice, but who knows how many more times she was bound to land on her butt--or maybe her head next time? "Who the hel-" she muttered exasperatedly, her tail lashing around furiously. Lifting her head, she gazed into the one and only mischief master she knew--Alexander himself. As she was about to flick him in the forehead for bumping into her and surprising her, she saw something by his hand, glinting, in the corner of her eye. Looking downwards, was a bag. On the corner of the bag, a single marble had rolled out, shining under the light. "You!" Lilith gasped, eyes wide, "You were the one dropping marbles everywhere? I could have died!" Obviously, being the angel-demon creature that she was, a marble could hardly cause any real damage. Still, being the over dramatic little thing she was, she picked up the translucent little marble, and flicked it right smack center into Alex's forehead. "Humph," Lilith grinned triumphantly, crossing her arms over her chest, "serves you right!"

@EddiEddi

beholder_concept_by_michaeljaecks-d22k6t7.jpg
@DeadAxl
@Cybermoon
In a ghastly otherworldly voice, the creature responded to Iona. "Usually... The classes you are in are posted at the front of the school... As it appears," his voice echoed through the libraries vast corridors as he spoke. Aside from him being scary looking, he wasn't evil, he used one of his eyes to remove his monocle from his main eyes and moved slowly to his computer which was slightly slimy from his eyes and the fact he had no arms to use it. "We are setting people up with personal schedules. Let me find yours." He tapped away at his computer for a few seconds wincing and then his old printer roared to life making squeezing and yelling sounds like someone was tattooing a cat. A few moments of this terrible sound and a paper spit from it floating almost magically to Iona's hands.

"Your shoe locker is locker number 36- b," he turned to Matan with an inquisitive smile upo his freakish face. "Did you need yours as well?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna had a feeling this particular wolf did not want to talk to her. It was probably the cat in her that was annoying her. "You know, if you don't want to be near me, I'll go away. You seem like you dislike me for some reason," she said quietly. Her ears twitched as she heard commotion in the hallway. She hugged her legs tighter. Luna thought that she was acting like her guardian did at first. She had always scrunched her nose around her, as if smelling a bad smell. Luna smelled only her distinct smell that was wolf/cat. She just decided to ignore it. Luna just, after talking turned and tried to listen to what the teacher was saying and maybe understand it.

@CrimDemon

Yami looked at Laecs hungrily his eyes slightly glowing before replying "Actually I have no idea where I am meant to go" he stood up slowly and walked to the door ignoring the other students, he slowly opened the door and stopped to look back at Laec before leave.

He walked down the hallway, all the students seemed to be in class so he could hear the echo of his foot steps on the floor as he went to the office. As he got to reception he stopped and stared at a strange old lady who was sitting there reading a dusty book, she slowly placed the book down and stared irritably at Yami "What do you want? Are you lost?" She said teasingly "Yes I am, what lesson do I have" Yami stared at the women angrily, his red eye begging to glow blood red "Name" said the women ignoring the threatening glare "Yami" he said through gritted teeth. The old women touched her temple "Errrrrrr.... You have... Training in the field...... now leave" she said before picking up her book and reading it completely forgetting Yami, he turned and left angrily before going to the field and lying on the grass. There seemed to be no teachers or other students so he decided to just sleep...

Reactions: CrimDemon
Alexander gave her the biggest, and possibly most innocently evil grin imaginable and Then stopped time again, This time he spun round behind her and scooped her up, and kissed her cheek. The moment he touched her she left the normal time stream, To everyone else in the world it was as if He'd appeared, ran in to her, she'd told him off, He'd dissapeared, then she'd also vanished, as if by magic.

Out of Time:
Alexander smiled as he scooped lilith in to his arms. "How about this as a apology?" He asked carrying her bridal style. he gave her little time to respond as he propelled himself in to the air and used the people in-front of them as a stepping stones. working through people and even a teacher or two as he went he was laughing as he did so. He wondered for a moment what Lilith would think to this madness then shrugged, Madness was in his soul. Reaching the end of the packed corridor he dropped down in amongst people again and made his way to a point where he could phase back in to time without hitting anyone, gently letting Lilith back on to her feet he re-inserted them in to time again.

In Time:

"Sooo?" He said, once again with the insane, yet somehow charming, grin. "how's that for making it up to you, Admittedly I'm pretty sure I got in MORE trouble with the kiss. but still." He winked at her before handing over her time table and keys. "They're all named, so I just...well ya know," He shrugged and made a motion of taking something out of someones pocket.

@Strawberry

Matan returns a smile of his own to the librarian, before responding. "Thank you, but no, I have my locker already. I've already been through my routine, thanks to the Martial Arts club. And I already had a good look at the classes at the front of the school. I was just helping my friend here get hers." The orc then nods to the beholder, before opening the library door again, and turning to Iona. "So, what's your homeroom? I could take you there, if you want. My homeroom teacher won't mind me being a bit late, thanks to the perks of being a part of one of the many athletic clubs." He offers a friendly chuckle, not wishing to brag about being one of the star athletes of the school. Once Iona made her decision, he would start heading down the hallway that the two had gone through earlier.
@Cybermoon

Lyall was looking out through the door of a classroom, to find a line of people stop and look around, each with a hand on his or her scalp. He mumbled under his breath in regards to this.
"Peculiar..."

And thus he found a subject to write on the paper next to his notes. A list of occurrences he doesn't understand. And so he continued, now with a mentality that he wasn't expecting the unexpected quite enough.

He pushed out stray thoughts and continued to focus on his notes... Though he wasn't sure if he had any latent abilities that would aid disguise...

"Oh no--oh no, no no no no!" Lilith squealed, recognizing the glint of mischief on the seemingly innocent smile of his. She knew he was up to something, and she was absoulutely, positively, one-hundred percent correct. Without realizing it, she had been scooped up into Alexander's arms, and given a kiss on her cheek without having enough time to even react.

"Ale-" she was about to growl, but something else had caught her attention. Everyone else was frozen--completely unmoving. They hadn't even objected when Alexander casually hopped across the hallway, using their heads as stepping stones. Again, as she was about to question him, her train of thought was interrupted yet again. He had already jumped down into a clearing in the midst of people gathered, and everything was in motion again.

It all seemed so casual, no one seemed to even notice that they had basically disappeared from one end of the hallway and reappeared in the other. As he set her back on her feet, she looked around. Literally nothing had changed except for their position. Everything was so oddly normal. How could no one notice?

Alexander handed her a key and a piece of paper with her schedule. Although still a bit dazed from what had happened, PLUS the caffeine draining out of her system, she couldn't help but giggle a bit when he had told her that he basically just took them. So typical of him to just take what he wanted. Truthfully thinking about it, he could've asked. They probably would have given it to him--or maybe not, but now we'll never know since he just took them.

"You're right. You're in a whole of a hell lot of trouble for that, but we'll get to that later," She teased, giving him a playful wink, "but first, thanks for getting my schedule. There was no way I was going to get through the halls in one piece. I'd probably have more of a chance of survival if I climbed the mountains of Hell."

@EddiEddi

He gave her a look "The lady Doth protest to much, methinks." He said when she started to tell him no for the imminent anarchy he had in mind.

"If you are going to use my name, please use atleast 4 letters." He said. "Or stop because I've kissed you." he added as he smiled at her and winked. he was trouble, Not just in it, not just causing it. but it was very quickly becoming apparent that he was pure, unadolterated trouble. some would say, bad to the bone.

"Oh!" he paused and then gave her a grin. "I did change the room keys and numbers round. You WERE going to be with some angel gal. but, I thaught you wouldn't like that. sooooo..." He winked and made ready to bounce, once again more literally than people would expect

Iona looked at the the paper in her hands and quickly memorized it before looking at Matan, "I have Alchemistry first. I think that was where I met that boy and you earlier." She replied smiling at him. Turning to the librarian, she bowed again "Thank you, sir." Quickly getting Sir Winter's attention, she left the library with Matan and the wolf in tow, hoping to get there before she was considered late. Spending time with the orc was rather nice and he seemed really helpful in helping her to get her schedule and locker number. She wondered if he would be okay with her hanging out with him sometimes.

@CZDoubleU
@DeadAxl

Matan continues down the hall, somewhat pleased he can hear the steps of Iona following him. "Alchemistry... So you're a first-year, huh? I can walk ya there. Us second years have Blending with Humans, so I don't share first period with you, but I'd be willing to walk you to your class. I won't be late to mine, so don't worry about me. I do like your company, though, so how about we hang out later?" Matan chuckled, and offered some company later. He starts descending the stairs at the end of the hall, which has cleared out significantly.
@Cybermoon

Iona had to jog a bit to keep up with Matan and fell into step with him on the stairs. "I would be honored to be in your company, Matan-senpai." She said with a smile, looking up at the orc. He really was an amazing being to be willing to be around her. Most of her kind would only be around her and play with her if she asked do to her status as the next leader. So other than Sir Winter, she had a lonely childhood. "So what sports do you play, senpai?" She asked as they walked.

@DeadAxl

The orc slows his pace as he hears the pitter-patter of Iona and her animal companion jogging to catch up. He laughs heartily, and waves his hand dismissively. "Please, just Matan is fine. No need for honorifics for me. Orc culture drops formalities quickly." When Matan reaches the end of the stairs, he swings his bookbag onto his shoulder to free up a hand, and uses said hand to make sharp arcane gestures. He mumbles a few words in his native tongue that carry a cold, magical power. When he finishes, his blade flashes an icy blue as a miniature blizzard swirls around the massive sword. The tiny snowstorm dashes across to his free hand, and it coalesces into a small, ice cold diamond that refracts into a rainbow of colour. He tosses the gem to Iona, and winks. "Here, a symbol of our friendship. Normally these don't last more than a half an hour before melting, but something tells me you can keep it for much longer. Anyways, here's your classroom."

Matan stops in front of the alchemistry classroom, and waits for Iona there.
@Cybermoon

Iona looked at the ice diamond and stares at it in wonder and makes an ice bracelet to hold it, slipping it onto her wrist. She smiled up at Matan and hugged him as tightly as she could. "Oh thank you, Matan! It's a beautiful gift." She exclaimed in happiness, pulling away. She slipped a different bracelet off from her left wrist and hands it to him. "My gift to you. So that you can carry a symbol of our friendship as well." With that, she headed into class, smiling the entire time at making a friend. Sir winter looked at the orc and barked a bit in farewell and followed the ice witch.

@DeadAxl

Matan smiles as he accepts the bracelet, and wraps it around his right hand. He waves to the wolf as it barks to him, and pats it on the head. "Good to make your acquaintance as well, sir, and thank you for allowing to become acquainted with your friend." He waits for the girl to enter her classroom, before turning on his heel, and sprinting across the school, becoming a juggernaut of a green blur that blasts across the main hall, barely dodging any other straggling students. He startled some new students as he rushed past, some reacting violently, some jumping out of their skin. He apologized as he dashed past, but in short manner, he arrived at his own class: Blending in with Humans. He dusts himself off before entering. He sees some students already in the class; a wolf girl, a wolf cat, and some sort of fire spirit being the ones that stand out the most to him. "Hope I'm not late..."

@Cybermoon @CZDoubleU @LittleWolf @Dahrinn

Reactions: Goddess of the Moon
Darret smiled as Astraya spoke. He came to where she stood, dropping to his knee, but still reaching her eye level. He bowed his head and said, "I give my utmost apologies for my absence. A Wendigo was hunting on the outskirts of Moscow, and I was called on to hunt it down and kill it. I'll tell you the story if you'd like sometime." He said, standing back up.

He looked down at her and nodded. As she display her mystic features, he smiled. Astraya in her full form was majestic, to say the least. "I shall see you later. If I don't see you in the halls, stop by after school and we'll talk." He turned and smile at the instructor, a tall and beautiful vampires who was crossing her arms, waiting impatiently. "You'd think someone who is centuries old would have a small bit of patience." He whispered to Astraya, then left the class room.

As he walked towards the cafeteria to wait out the free period, his mind was drawn back to memories of the summer. While he abstained from killing dragons, simply because they were dragons, he alternatively hunted malicious spirits and creatures. In last may, he'd received reports of a wending that had been hunting mortals, and he'd killed it - stabbed the creature through the heart with a silver sword and then burned its body.

Presently, he sat in the lunch room, awaiting his next class.

@CZDoubleU

Laec started to say something as Yami left, but he quickly stopped himself. He huffed at the abrupt farewell, his gaze shifting to the desk in front of him. There a few reasons why he wanted to be in the corner in the room, the main reason to not be in the way of other people. He carefully moved out of his wheelchair and got onto the slightly tall stool, using the lab bench as a leverage. Once seated properly, Laec placed his bag in the wheelchair before he turned his gaze towards the front and noticed a one boy near the door. He must have been one of the few people that were late, but at least he made it before the teacher. Mimicking the boy's actions, Laec glanced to his bag and retrieved a notebook, followed by a pencil. He placed them down, but soon turned his head towards the door when he heard Iona's voice and a more intimidating voice. He couldn't make out many words, but he did hear "friendship". "gift", and "classroom". He stared at the door, wondering what the two were talking about.

@AshenAngel @Cybermoon

Reactions: Goddess of the Moon
Lilith shook her head, a small chuckle escaping her lips and resonating within her chest. Alex was just full of surprises now, wasn't he? "Yuck," Lilith scrunched her nose, "an Angel chick? She'd probably drive me nuts with her daily reading of the Bible or her righteousness." Lilith didn't actually know anything about Angels, since she grew up on the streets, neither with Angels or Demons. She did know the basics: Angels mostly disapproved the existence of Demons and the way they lived their lives, and Demons thought Angels constantly had a stick up their ass. Lilith herself had mixed-blood in her, so while she did think Angels needed to calm down with their saintly, virtuous acts all the time, she also knew that Demons were insensitive pricks most of the time.

"Well, thanks..." Lilith murmured, a sly grin sliding onto her face. Looking around, the hallways were still packed, but that may just come into use this time. Sticking her tongue out, she ran as fast as she could and jumped onto a locker with the help of her tail. She couldn't fly, since she wasn't a strong enough Vampire or Demon, but she was working on it. If he tried, he could probably catch her without much trouble, but she liked to think that she could outrun him.

@EddiEddi

Status
Not open for further replies.