Fantasy High

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iona moved away from the heat when the sword touched the ground. He knew what she was so that at least saved her a bit of time. His question caught her attention and she looked at him, placing a hand on Sir Winter's head. "I am a bit lost. Where do i go to get my locker and schedule?" She asked the orc, who introduced himself as Matan. "My name is Iona Song, by the way."

"Iona Song, eh? You look like a singer. Anyone ever tell you that? Anyways, yeah. I know where you need to go. Front office, but it's probably packed right now. Luckily for you, I know a faster way to get that stuff. Follow me." Matan dispelled the flames on his sword, hefting it on his shoulder. "Oh, and don't worry about the flames. This particular spell only warms nonliving material. Pain in the rear to finish the specifications on what constitutes 'nonliving' , but I digress." He beckons for the ice girl to follow, and continues down the hall to the stairway at the end. After waiting for Iona to follow, he climbs the staircase.
@Cybermoon

Her wolf ears perked, first, not in the direction of the last straggling students walking in the room. Down in the creepy basement with Windows that were only three feet by one foot tall st the very top of the room, anything could kill the students and it wouldn't be a fire or earthquake. Her nose caught sent of the newest student entering the room. Not cat, not wolf, a bit of both. "Damn hybrids," she scoffed under her breath. Her tail flicked and she sank into her chair deeper until that same cat-wolf mixed mutt sat down.

Right next to her.

Her ears perked again but this time, disbelief. Her frost initial reaction was to stand up and demand she be removed from her presence. This played out like a little movie in her head, she stood and the moment she said it guards walked in removing Luna from her sight by way of dragging her out. But this, was only in her head. Instead she turned to Luna as if she had smelled her wrong and wrinkled her nose. She had nothing to say, true, her own mother sought out another wolf spirit to mate with and have kids, it wasn't easy being bound to her land, but, she managed it. At last she tried in desperate attempt to not scoff more at the girl with openly harassing her. She wasn't that type of girl that thought less of people simply for being mutts. People fell in love, it was an emotional she could understand. Here, she didn't even know the girls history and was already judging her. She would burn in hell for it later, she was sure. For now she decided to hate all she wanted to.

"Are you new to the school?" She squeaked barely above key. Clearly being socially awkward was a thing with this wolf spirit. Being such a spitfire in many encounters but on in ones with close encounters. Her chest tightness and her face turned bright red, her ears pulled back and her tail swished back and forth madly. Finally the last straw was the starring without response and Momiji had her head slamming against the desk. It couldn't get any worse then this, right? No. She shouldn't say that, that was bad, it was terrible. No. Her head hurt and it wasn't hitting it on the desk making it that way. It was the rational thinking that nothing could go wrong anymore. That was by far the worst thinking possible.

@LittleWolf

(I'll add Astraya's post later. When Ashton responds. )

Lyall Drahk arrived at the door to the school. As he walked forward, he took note of the way it looked, and compared it with what he expected. He muttered quietly to himself while nobody (that he was aware of) was around him.

"Hm... would have expected it to look more... ancient... But I do enjoy a more modern layout of architecture as well. The landscape around it is nice as well... though moving from building to building may get tedious as it gets colder."

As he walked along, he was hunched slightly and breathed heavily. He ran far and fast to get here on time... and a weighty backpack, filled with almost any supply he may need, only made the run worse. He removed a piece of paper from his pocket and took note of it's contents, which were instructions on which building he should go to first.

He approached the door with a sense of eagerness behind his exhausted appearance, and for a moment considered what he was, what he truly was, a strange creature who has never seen a stranger creature... His skin was pale and his eyes were black, an old green cloak trailed behind him... he wondered if he was less strange or stranger than the people of this place. He opened the door.

...Definitely less strange.
He thought to himself:
[Hm... oh, well. This is a little in over my head. That kid has sharp teeth. That guy's eyes are red... That girl looks normal but looking at her rustles my jimmies something fierce... Is that hallway frozen?]

He coughed into his fist, breathing out a small puff of black smoke, which floated up, dissipating when it was about halfway to the ceiling. After collecting himself, he straightened his shoulders, brushed his hair out of his eyes, cracked his neck, straightened his cloak, and walked along, looking for where he needed to go, wondering if people are going to ask his what he is. He wasn't sure, but had a feeling people are going to be judging him by what he is, especially if he tells them he's a deformed cherufe, and has only a fraction of the power he should have.

He found the locker assigned to him, and subsequently attached his own lock to it before starting to swiftly place items into it, the hall next to him was the cold hall, so he wrapped himself further in his cloak. He briefly considered what this schools policy on hoods was, but held the thought. People were moving to their classes, and after a few seconds of frantically placing unneeded materials into the locker and reapplying the lock, he went towards his first class. He moved through the "Cold hall" and almost lost his footing as the ice was melted, but kept going... taking note of the large green man wielding flaming sword... Lyall now had a feeling that having his hood up would not be prohibited.

Shoes damp from walking across the wet floor, he squeaked his way to his first class, made his way and sat down. There was a wolf in one of the seats.

Lyall decided to pick and random seat and sit down, removing from his over-sized backpack a notebook and a pencil, should he need them. He thought once more to himself. [Well, this class shouldn't be too difficult. I'm quite adept at disguise!]

Last edited:
Reactions: CrimDemon
Luna didn't exactly know what to say. She switched back into her more humanoid form and said in a small, quiet voice, "Yes, I am." This girl was a little bit different than herself. Well, of course, she was only one species, wolf. That must be a little less hard than being a hybrid. She probably had friends that were the same species as her. "Is this school a good school for people that aren't human?" Luna asked in her small voice. Why is she acting so...off? Am I doing something wrong? Luna buried her face into her tail, resting her head on her knees that were curled up next to her chest. Maybe it's the cat in me. No one has ever really messed with me about it, but my life's not over with yet.

@CZDoubleU

Iona followed the orc, wondering what he ment when he said she looked like a singer. Was it do to her last name? It was a name her mother blessed her with when she was born. Well... at least until she took the throne and discarded her last name. She climbed the stairwell after Matan with Sir Winter right on her heels.

Matan chuckles as he climbs the stairs with Iona in tow. The muscle-bound orc, climbing two steps at a time, glanced back to ensure the Yukionna didn't lag behind. "Nice wolf you've got there. If you don't mind me asking, is it a spirit, or a bound animal? Beasties such as him are a rare sight indeed, let alone so docile." The overly friendly orc reaches the top of the stairs as he finishes his complimenting question. The duo (or trio, if you count the wolf) makes their way down the second floor hallway, which has rather nefarious-sounding class names such as 'Golemancy', 'Sin Magic' and 'Advanced Algebra'. At the end of the hallway is a door marked, in all capital letters: "LIBRARY" "Forgive me if I'm imposing, but what, besides the illustrious teachings of this school, brings one of your unique status down from the mountains?" The orc would ask, as he pushes open the door for the girl. Beyond the portal, what looked like a somewhat normal, if slightly empty, library awaited.
@Cybermoon

As Alexander left, Lilith stretched, yawned, and sat right back down, resting her head on the table. Looking into the crowd, there was no way she was going to try to fight through that thing to try and retrieve something as trivial as her class schedule. That could wait, considering she could get crushed by the intensively packed hallways. Besides, it being the first day and all, there would be a slightly smaller chance of getting in trouble. Propping herself into her elbows, she stared into the hallways, her eyes roaming from one corner to the next. It was all just so fascinating, seeing so many different races and species all gathered together inside of one building. There were Angels, Demons, Wolves, and so many other mystical creatures. It was amazing to think, creatures whose ancestor's have been battling each other for millennia after millennia are gathered together, with no mishaps whatsoever--well, except for that one incident this morning with the white wolf who had gotten into a fight with some kind of serpent. She snickered, it was incredibly dumb, for that wolf to have gotten into a fight on the very first day. "For the teachers and staf to already have their eyes on you early on in the year, how are you possibly going to cause mischief later on?" Lilith mumbled dreamily, nuzzling her head arm, lying on the cold surface of the cafeteria table.

"Hmm..." Lilith mumbled, her brows knotted, "Not banana flavored, strawberry. I said, STRAWBERRY." Lilith suddenly leaped up, fangs bared. Looking around, she realized she was still in the cafeteria. "When did I fall asleep..." She mumbled drowsily, rubbing her eyes. Looking towards the hallways in anticipation for a less crowded area, she sat down dejected. The hallways were still packed as always, and she didn't see a single escape route from the cafeteria to the main office. Liltih tapped her fingers against the table impatiently, wanting to have her schedule in her hands. She was getting slightly anxious. In the hustling and bustling of the busy hallways, she could hear everyone discussing their schedules and comparing the classes they got. She heard certain people say, "No way. No fricking way. I can't have Mr. ____ I HEARD HE EATS YOU IF YOU GET A B!" Her tail swinging nervously, she couldn't help but think: what if SHE got Mr._____? Would her life end just like that? With a B?

Unable to wait any longer, after pacing from left to right and right to left, she hopped out of her chair, and prepared to brace herself from the death trap--the hallways. Being so small, she was bound to get trapped somewhere within the hallway and it's many, many inhabitants. There were ogres in there for gods sake! How was she, someone who could easily be compared to the size of a bean, squeeze her way safely to the very front of the school where the main office was, without being crushed? "I guess it's now or never..." Lilith grumbled, counting to three. On three, she launched herself into the hallway, pushing as hard as she could to try and get through. Her efforts seemed futile, as she couldn't tell if she was moving at all. The people around her seemed to come and go, but she couldn't tell if she was moving forward, or getting pushed back.

"Please dear God let me pass through the hallway unscathed," she mumbled, looking at the ceiling in the general direction of where she assumed God would be, "I mean I know I'm half demon but I'm also half Angel? Kind of? Take mercy lord!" She started rambling. Once she started rambling, there was no stopping her. Lilith went on and on, talking to a God she wasn't sure even existed.

Alexander, Having aquired a room key, a schedual and a bag of marbles was on a mission. Though not one of mercy. wending his way through the crowd of people who couldn't see him he upended the bag as close to the ground as he could to muffle the sound and sent them skittering along the floor. He had no idea who was in the corridor with him, nor who would trip on them but he was sure going to enjoy the reaction.
Launching himself upwards he bounced off the wall to settle atop the lockers to watch the imminent anarchy, Invisible to the normal eye as he was there was a few exceptions, those being the fallen angel he'd scared earlier, and Lilith. he'd chosen to let the two of them see through his little trick mostly to watch their reactions.

Iona looked around as she was following the orc but acknowledged his question with a thoughtful noise before tuning in completely to his words. "Sir Winter is neither spirit nor a bound animal. He has been my friend and confident since I was young. He is as free as other animals within the wild and just as dangerous when not in my presence. My mother told me that he is like her dragon, Solstice." She explained, excluding the fact that she didn't even know what her companion actually was, as he was a gift from her father when she was a baby before he left. She looked at the classrooms they passed, her interest peaking at the thought she may take one of these interesting sounding classes. "As for my reason being here... well, why else would Ice witches mingle with others outside of their own kind, especially when there are males around?" She answered with her own question, smiling a bit. Looking in the library, she was confused as to why they were there. Was this where the orc said he could help her get what she needed? She looked up at the muscled male, confusion written all over her face as Sir Winter also looked in, one ear down and head tilted to the side in confusion.

@DeadAxl

The orc smiled to the ice woman. "I see. Well at least you've got yourself a good friend." Matan holds the door open for the girl as she gives her answer to his second question, his face becoming a somewhat pained smile as he tries -albeit unsuccessfully- to hold back a slight blush. "Right... Your clan follows that tradition, then... W-well, let us get you that schedule and locker number, eh? Oh, and be careful around the librarian. They're a beholder, so you might want to be mindful about where you keep your gaze." With this, he calls out into the library. "Hey, Mora, I've got a student who needs their schedule and locker number." Which earns a muffled reply and some banging around, before a beholder appears from behind some bookcases, floating towards the front desk, adjusting the monocle that rests over it's single eye with a stray tentacle.
@Cybermoon

Momiji didn't talk to people often and her antics usually silenced most but it shocked her beyond disbelief that the mutt next to her formed words into a sentence and managed to speak that sentence to her. Did this cat-wolf really know what Momiji was, or the kind of chaos she had brought to Momiji's senses, did she really know? The wolf spirit thought not and simply tried to over look this creatures use of the language she didn't deem her smart enough to know as a fluke. She did not believe that she was superior to this creature simply for being a whole of one species but rather that this wolf-cat thing that sat before her was in fact a cat. And Momiji didn't like cats all that much.

It wasn't she disliked them, it was cats were players of cunning nature and most would make fun of her an play tricks on her back home. Everyone thought it would be funny one year to play a joke on her, the cat was lead and told her to hide in the basement for three days and three night, once she was to raise from it she would be great. Momiji didn't really believe or want to be great, all she knew was the featival in their town was in three days and she couldn't miss it. So she agreed in the hopes when she did emerge that her wait was over and the festival would ensue. To this day she still couldn't under yawns why she agreed but it wasn't a question of why she had it was a question of why she though to trust them. She hid down in that little room for what she thought to be three days. The door locked, no food, water or anything to keep her company. Finally her mother found her and a week had actually passed. Momiji was needed at the festival and was no longer accepted in her culture. Her mother was very upset with her and so was the right to be. Momiji of course wasn't more upset with anyone then herself.

Ever since then she's hated cats.

Not disliked them. Hate.

It was strange for a wolf so wise and so strong to hate anything. So. Momiji never voiced this and always simply avoided cats, even the cute sopping wet ones outside of alleyways on dark nights. She would want to save them to hug them and love them but they ruined her and they probably would do it again if she let them into her life. She sat silent now staring ahead at the teacher beginning his lesson, but she didn't want to just ignore the girl so, she turned to her- stiff.

"Y... Yes. All the people here a... Are monsters, spirits, gods or otherwise inhuman." Her voice cracked a couple of times but though that the beauty of her soft words made it through. It was her normal spirit type voice that caused humans to feel content and happy for unknown reasons. It was the voice of comfort to most and sarande to others.

@LittleWolf

"Oh shi-" Lilith barely managed to say as she stepped on some kind of object, falling onto her butt. Wincing, she picked up the object that was currently lodged in her shoe, realizing that it was a marble. It was quite pretty, too. A small glass marble of multiple colors, letting the light pass through as she held it towards a light. As someone walked by, they casually stepped on her hand and walked right by, as if it weren't a big deal. Enough was enough. Growling, she lashed her tail around viciously, not caring who or what she hit. Sure enough, that had worked. People made a little circle around her as she progressed in the hallways, and she no longer and to huff and puff and try to push through the iron defense. If only it was nighttime, she could fly. Unfortunately, it was an incredibly bright fall morning, and her powers were limited. She hadn't noticed who had dropped the marbles, as she continued to walk through the hallways.

@EddiEddi

Iona missed the orc blush in favor of looking at the librarian that came to meet them after Matan called out to it. So that was a beholder. The creature confused her to say the least, as the beholder had several eyes on top, one giant eye in the middle and a mouth. It was also just a spherical ball of flesh and looked rather gross. Shaking her head, Iona walked up to the creature and bowed to it, her white hair falling over her shoulders and hitting the ground. "Greetings. My name is Iona Song." She introduced herself politely to the creature. "I am here to see if I can get my locker number and class schedule."

Yoshiko's eyes widened slightly before glancing down towards Travis's hand, her eyebrows furrowing together immediately.
Yoshiko extended her hand ever so slightly, hesitating a moment before reaching forwards and gripping his hand ever so gently, as if he was made of glass.
Yoshiko didn't quite know what to do next, simply just holding his hand, her aquamarine eyes focused on his face.
''A fallen?'' she whispered as if it was some big unknown secret she had to keep.

Darret arrived at the school on a black Honda Dominator, settling the motorcycle into a parking spot near the building. The bike was a slightly larger than a normal one, custom built to fight him. Yes, it was expensive, but he was the son of a very wealthy man - money was hardly an issue. The seven foot Dragon Slayer stepped off the bike, removing his helmet, which was worn for the sake of blending in with mortals, not his safety. He removed the keys from his ignition, clipping them to his belt, and walked towards the school building with his backpack on his shoulder.

Upon entering the school, he found himself assault with sensations that he hadn't felt all summer - Inhumans. His magically superior senses detected the smell of wolf, cats, angels, and even assorted demons. No, they didn't really have a strong smell, but he'd trained himself to identify a certain race upon their slightest of scents. He then smelled another scent that peaked his interest - Dragon.

The scent would've driven his father and siblings to arms. They would've hunted the creature down and cut of its head. Darret, however, was the only living Dragon Slayer that befriended dragons, rather than killing them.

The scent of Dragon was accompanied by a soft, light-hearted voice that Darret knew well. As the other students shuffled towards their classes, the young one traveled against the crowd towards the music room, easily plowing through the smaller beings. He had a free period so he was allowed to do as he wished until the second class of the day. Upon reaching the doors of the music room, he ducked his head slightly to pass under the doorway, then stood as he watched Astray play the piano, much better than she'd shown him the year before.

Astraya held a certain fondness in Darret's heart - one that he was unsure if he felt romantic towards. He'd only been among other beings for about two years now, so sorting his feelings was still rather difficult.

As Astray finished the piece on the piano, the young Slayer gave loud, booming claps, promptingsome of his underclassmen to turn and glance at him. All in the room regarded him with kind smiles, as he was known for his gentle words and kind speech. Some teased him and nicknamed him "The Gentle Giant." As he looked upon Astraya, he said, "I see you have come to excel in this instrument over this summer, my young friend."

@CZDoubleU

{Okay when I signed on to be the NPC characters. I didn't assume I would be a 'spherical ball of flesh that looked pretty gross' I love how that's the only thing I'm worried about. Also. Someone is going to have to take the 'math teacher' role. I can't nor will I disgrace myself by pretending to be such a cynical and maniacal character.

Ever.

I enjoy how everyone is getting along, everyone sum up where's you is. Who you are encountering and such so I can update this tomorrow before work. The Ooc chat PM thing works. It's been brought to my attention that I am... Being a bitch. So. Note the top paragraph and the following word directly after that paragraph is just a joke. It was not meant to be taken in any serious way or mannor. Please don't tear my head
off and eat my brain like noodles. }

{Oh my god. Sorry. I had to edit the post.}

Last edited by a moderator:
At hearing Yoshiko's whispered word, the corners of Travis' mouth moved up an inch.

So she does know, that makes things a little easier I guess.

"You seemed a little lost earlier, so I thought you uh, needed help." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, his eyes straying away from the girl. He obviously didn't think this out properly.

"Anyways, what's your first class? I think mine's Biology or something." Travis regained his composure, quickly opening up a proper conversation.

Alexander was trying his damdest not to fall off of the top of the lockers he was perched on. He was laughing way to hard at the mess he'd caused there was atleast three other people who'd fallen over due to his marble trick, and there was bound to be others. he spotted Lilith landing on her rear and looked somewhat shocked before erupting in to more gales of black humour fuelled laughter. After recovering his breath he took a moment to drift out of time and run after her using peoples heads as spring boards, again. as he was out of time it didn't really matter untill he was so taken up in his own amusement he touched down right infront of her before re-starting his own time stream. "Crap." was all he managed to get out before she stalked right in to him. He landed flat on his back, still being off balance from his acrobatics.

@Strawberry

Lyall's enthusiasm was on the slow decline. Sure, the people around him all looked and acted interesting... but just sitting there and watching people because they look strange would be rude. So he opted to focus on the class as though it were normal, and ultimately found himself having difficulty due to paying attention due to a rising headache that he was prone to getting. The teacher was going over an outline of the class... disguises for those with strange features, be they magic or elaborate clothing placement... magic was treated as more reliable in this scenario, as magic can't be knocked off of your head with a strong breeze. Granted, there were a few easy ways out of getting caught... say you have red eyes and somebody asks you about them, saying that you have fancy contacts would convince most individuals. Pretty much nothing that Lyall couldn't think of himself. He found himself bothered... the teacher seemed to merely imply that killing humans was not always the best course of action... rather than outright say not to... He found himself thinking aloud again.
[Ok... I'm just going to not let that bother me right now... my current situation is...]
He made a quick glance around, once again noting that he was among those with the lowest of strange appearances in the immediate area.
[I imagine I will have little difficulty blending in with crowds. I always thought of myself as stealthy.]

He removed an additional piece of notebook paper, and was alternating between writing on both... one was notes on methods of remaining incognito that he previously had not thought of, and the other remained blank for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.