Fantasy High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iona was about to respond to what he said before the teacher came in and started ordering them to jot down the notes. She quickly pulled out her notebook and started to jot down the syllabus. Sir Winter laid down next to her chair and slightly growled at the centaur before quieting down and falling asleep. This is a new experiance for Iona and she hoped she would be able to keep up with her studies and find a suitable mate before she graduated. She looked towards Laec and smiled even more at the merman.

@CrimDemon

Reactions: CrimDemon
Laec kept his eyes down as he listened to the centaur woman, inwardly flinching at the woman's tone. When she took a brief moment to wait for the students to write down what she said, the merman glanced towards the ice witch. He finally felt some courage to at least ask her a few questions. "Might I ask what brings you here to the school? You already seem to be fluent with words and well-taught, so I wanted to ask." Laec also wanted to ask Iona about the voice he heard earlier. He flicked his tail under the table, shifting slightly to a more comfortable position. "And, who was that in the hallway? Their voice was so deep..."

@Cybermoon

After writing down what was needed, Iona looked towards Laec again and contemplated telling him the truth or just skimming the truth just a bit. "My mother wanted me to become more cultured before i take over as leader of our people." She replies, moving some of her hair pver her shoulder. "As for the voice i was speaking too... it was Matan-senpai. He is an orc." Just being reminded of the friendly male made her smile even more and she couldn't wait to hang out with him today. "He helped me find my schedule and locker number. It was not only him but the librarian as well."

@CrimDemon

Laec stared at the smile for a moment before he moved his gaze from her, staring back at the front again. "Oh. I see." That was all the merman thought of to say, narrowing his eyes slightly. His cold eyes returned his notebook as he glanced around the pages for errors, some of his hair covering his eyes as he search. Laec thought the orc must have been very nice to make Iona smile like that. The only orc the young merman met mistook him for a fish and tried to eat him, until she saw the other half of the boy. He knew it wasn't an act out of personal ill will, but the encounter scared him. He hoped that this "Matan" won't be quick to think he's food because of his tail.

@Cybermoon

She tilted her head a bit at his demeanor but shrugged it off and went back to taking notes. Without missing a beat, she continued to talk to him. "What about you? Why are you attending this school, Laec?" She asked him as quietly as possible so that she didn't alert the teacher.

Laec's attention was back to Iona as he finished erasing one mistake he found on his paper, multitasking as best as he could. "My family and the other merfolk thought if would be nice for me to engage with others from the surface. To learn about humans and what else is up here, I suppose." Although he hated saying it out loud, but he liked the school so far and the people he met seemed interesting to him. The merman stopped writing briefly as he couldn't help but glance down and give a brief smile. The smile faded quickly as the centaur's booming voice seeming to echo through the classroom, creating more notes for everyone to jot down.

After what seemed like an eternity for most of the classmates and seemed like only seconds to Laec, the bell rang as the students flushed out to get to their next classroom. The young merman huffed softly and pushed his notebook and pencil into the bag on his wheelchair, psyching himself up to get back in the wheelchair. He picked up his bag and looped it over his shoulder, bracing himself as he hopped in his wheelchair. Laec was slowly getting used to the mechanism, but it still felt awkward to him. He moved the bag to his lap as he moved his tail, a soft groan of annoyance escaping his throat. Laec soon pulled out a piece of paper, his eyes gazing over it. "Do you know what you have next, Iona?"

@Cybermoon (Sorry, time-skippery.)

When the bell rang, Lyall was able to quickly gather his things, and then took care not to bump into anyone, as crowds of people tended to form when they all tried to get out at once. When he managed to leave, he took care to avoid Matan's outstretched arms... and the sword he had in his hand. Luckily, his slightly below-average height allowed him to skillfully duck under his arm and blade. As he passed the Orc, he turned and said "Nice talking with you." Before continuing where he had to go, after a few meters, he stopped and leaned on a wall, before removing a somewhat crumpled paper, which should tell him where he has to go next. He turned his head and coughed, into his elbow, which generated a small puff of black smoke, which Lyall stared at inquisitively as it dissipated.

Last edited:
Iona was finishing packing up her stuff when she heard Laec ask about her next class. Pulling out her schedule, she scanned it and found where she was to go. "I am to go to human studies 1." She replied before looking at him. "What about you? Where is your next class?" The ice witch asked him. Sir Winter awoke to hear their conversation and got up, shaking his fur in an attempt to wake himself up even more.

@CrimDemon

Luna, still in her wolf form, got up out of her seat and looked out into the hallway in which was crowded with students yet again. She looked over to the girl who had been petting her, nodding her head in a goodbye for now way, unless the ended up in the same class next. Luna knew that she had some sort of study thing to go to next class period, human studies. Why did I agree to go to school with so many people? she thought. She slunk out of the classroom and into her next. She got there when no one else had gotten their except the teacher. She moved to the back of the classroom and sat in the same place she had in the previous classroom.

(I'm so sorry! I didn't know I was partly to blame for the quietness.)

Laec stared down at the piece of paper, a small smile etching on his face. "Swimming." A small amount of glee welled up inside him, happy he would be able to do something he loved doing. The merman glanced towards Iona as the smile lingered, his normally stiff expression softening. "Good luck with your next class, Iona." He started to push the wheelchair's wheels and headed towards the open door, glanced towards her over his shoulder. "And if we don't see each other later, have a good day." When he realized he was staring too long again, he quickly rolled himself out before he could embarrass himself.

@Cybermoon

(Not your fault. I stopped getting alerts a while ago)

Iona smiled and watched as the young merman rolled out of the classroom. "Have a good day, Laec. I really hope we can see each other again soon." She called out after him, smiling and twirling a bit of her hair before she slung her bag over her shoulder and moved away from the desk. Patting her leg a bit to signal Sir Winter, the young ice witch left the room and began to search for her next class.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Laec sighed softly as he passed several students going in the opposite direction, inwardly glad that some of the students moved out of his way. What he wasn't glad for was to ask someone where the swim class was located. The merman knew that the smell of water could help him navigate; however, with so many people passing by he could tell where the smell of water was emitting from. The boy grimaced to himself as he thought to himself, wondering if he should ask the teachers or wander until he found the class. Laec wheeled further down the hallway, but he stopped in place as he looked at a map of the school. He quietly zone in out it and noted the layout, looking at it for several minutes as stiff as a statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.