Fantasy High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyall's head instinctively turned as another student entered the class, and Lyall easily recognized him from earlier... a few moments after he sat down, Lyall decided to say something quickly.
"You're that fellow who I assumed fixed the... frozen hallway... thanks for that. Thanks for that, I personally can't stand the cold... My name is Lyall Drahk, I'm a..."

For a small but noticeable moment, he paused, and cleared his throat.
"...Well, I have power over soot and smoke and ash."

His eyes scanned the immediate area, and he half turned back to his seat, prepared for whether or not the fellow responded.

Luna noticed an orc walk into the classroom. He looked like he knew his way so she let him be. She assumed that he had been here before, considering that most of the students here probably have been here before, unlike her. She switched back into a wolf. The teacher didn't seem like they noticed. Luna went back to watching her, still listening for anything unusual.

The orc walks into the classroom, and takes one of the last seats open in the middle of the room, next to the half spirit. After the student speaks, he nods. "Yeah, that was a mess. Some students need help controlling their powers, and that's one of the goals of this school. I'm Matan Laggak. An Orc, if you couldn't tell. Speaking of powers, ash, soot and smoke are an interesting thing to have power over." He smells the air before continuing. "Hmm... You don't stink like a human, only slightly. A halfbreed, hm? If you don't mind me askin', what's your other half?"
@Dahrinn

Lyall had a look on his face as if he were recalling old memories.
"Well, my mother is the human. A practicer of magic, but still human. My father.... was a creature called a Cherufe, a... Chilean monster associated with volcanic activity. Though despite my heritage, I should have been born with the full power of the Cherufe, in fact, measures were taken... But something went wrong, and now I have all the powers of an uncleaned Chimney."

Alexander shook his head and gave her a few moments head start. He didn't tell her which room he'd swapped her in to, but non the less he waited for her to get somewhat ahead before he closed his eyes and took a few running steps before letting his body lose from the bonds that held it. His form rippled in to a wave of darkness that swarmed down the corridor, he caught up with her before switching back to his normal self and keeping up with her laughing. "Nice try my dear, but you'll have to be faster to outrun death." He said lsightly as he ran alongside her.

@Strawberry

"Ahh what the heck, totally not fair," Lilith pouted, her running coming to a stop. She crossed her arms and tried to seem angry, though she couldn't hold back the smile that made it's way across her lips. She was sure Alex had given her a headstart, though he still ended catching up to her like it was nothing. A few of the students below had glared at her, sending threatening vibes towards her. She had managed to whip a few of them in the face with her as she was running, leaving them with a triangle shaped bruise on their cheeks. She laughed, sticking her tongue out at them. "Your fault for not making way for me..." Lilith muttered, shaking her head.

@EddiEddi

Alexander shrugged. "No, Not fair would be me kissing you, then stopping time so you couldn't catch me." He said before doing just that, though rather than on the cheek he kissed her on the lips and then froze time, Dancing away to the other side of the corridor he re-entered time and gave her another of his cheshire grins before winking. "Well then my dear, what are you going to do now?" He asked, suspecting he'd just wound her up yet further.

He watched out the corner of his eye for any teachers or any other students who were likely to cause trouble for himself or LIlith and if any should appear he would drop himself back out of time and do his best to get himself and Lilith out of there.

@Strawberry

Lilith was about to protest, but Alexander had stopped time. She could feel his lips brushing against hers, though she couldn't do anything about it. When time was finally flowing once more, Alexander was already on the other side of the corridor, giving her a sly grin. She scoffed and wiped at her lips. Grinning, she launched herself off the locker and ran towards Alexander, "oh, you're going to get it now." @EddiEddi

Matan smiled and gave a friendly chuckle for the student. "Well, that isn't much of a problem if you would be willing to dive into magic. I'm sure this school has a few magic classes. And that aside, smoke, soot, and ash make for damn good support abilities, even without the addition of magic." The orc pats Lyall on the back, and writes down the last bit of lecture he was able to her from the teacher. "Hm... I don't think I could do the whole 'blending in' thing, but..." He would mutter to himself.
@Dahrinn

Lilith was about to protest, but Alexander had stopped time. She could feel his lips brushing against hers, though she couldn't do anything about it. When time was finally flowing once more, Alexander was already on the other side of the corridor, giving her a sly grin. She scoffed and wiped at her lips. Grinning, she launched herself off the locker and ran towards Alexander, "oh, you're going to get it now." @EddiEddi

Alexander raised an eyebrow at her and then laughed lightly "If I get you, then I don't see any reason to move." He said and stood still long enough for her to get close to him before he kicked off from his position, going streight over her head, rolling as he hit the ground he popped up facing her and hugged her from behind. "Boo." he said lightly and then smiled. "So, what was I going to get?" he asked lightly. He was clearly enjoying doing this, it was unclear however if it was because of her or because it was so much fun.
@Strawberry

Astraya smiled slightly until she heard that he was off hunting another dragon. A worry floated softly over her that brought a light pink blush to her cheeks. She couldn't help this because she was unsure how she felt for him. Her siblings would surely try to stop her if she did confess anything but pure dislike in this boy. Regardless she had never heard of a Wending type dragon, sure she had heard of the word, but not the dragon. "A wendeing type dragon?" she questioned. it was hard for her to scratch her brain, but he began to annouce his leaving befoe she could do anything about it. So, she glanced at the teacher and watched him leave. Sitting down, biting her lip she rose her hand. "Excuse me, I have to go," she insisted shortly. Despite her teachers attempts to stop her she flung her bag over her shoulder and darted from the room after Darret. The hallways were empty as she snuffed out his signature scent which was somewhere between an expensive cologne and magic. She made it to the dining hall with still no sign of her friend until she fund him at a table by himself. She blinked and then took her wolf form hoping he couldnt smell her in this form. He was good at figuring out where she was due to her dragon side, hopefully her wolf from was not the same. She stacked to him slowly, watching him, for any sign her cover was blown. Then she jumped up on him knocking him off the seat he was on and started to rape his face with her soft licks, acting no better than a love-crazed puppy.

@SheriffLlama

Momiji blinked watching the word scuffle in front of her. She could scarcely believe her ears when she heard Matan retort about Lyall being a smelly human. A small hidden, by her hand, smile came to her lips. She glanced over at Luna who had taken her wolf form again. Her ears squared on her head and she reached over to Luna and began to stroke her soft purple coloured fur. Every moment was pure agony for the cat-hater but she couldn't help her not liking the certain tenseness her partner had brought to her whenever she was in this form. It especially bothered her that the teacher would say nothing to her whenever she took it. She could not deny however that her fur was incredibly soft, much like her own though not quite, it left Momiji with a very long lasting fuzzy feeling in her heart, though she watched Matan with curiosity. She remembered the teacher bringing something up like blending in and she couldn't help but feel like this boy would have a VERY hard time blending in. Another cute smile, this one going unhidden due to her other hand occupying the back of Luna's neck and her other supporting her as she leaned against the desk. Her ea twitched slightly watching Matan some more, his body was curious to her as she had never see nan Orc before, it was so green... and confusing. A colour this rich in green could only mean food and nourishment. Though Momiji was a carnivore by heart she was raised to appreciate a tasty vegetable. He looked like a yummy vegetable.
@DeadAxl
@LittleWolf

Lyall nodded as Matan talked, and gave his opinion on his own abilities.
"I can think of a hundred and one ways to escape a mugger, or a mad dog... maybe even some of these less powerful... beings. But if I'm going to do half the things my father did, I'm going to need an upgrade. I'm still wondering if I can summon obsidian, because it's volcanic glass, and as previously mentioned... Cherufes or... Cherufe, I'm not sure on the plural, are associated with volcanic activity. Maybe even pumice stones would be nice. They were also said to be made of magma, so I may or may not learn to turn into an ash based-thing of some sort. To be honest, most of the powers I'd imagine I'll learn are speculative based on a mixed knowledge of Mythology and Geology."

He turned fully back to his desk to write more notes. Noticing that one girl was eyeing the two of them, or possibly just Matan, but since he had no idea who she was or what she heard or what she was capable of, he chose not to pay any mind to her.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Luna had never been pet before. It was a little odd, but it was soothing. As she had already learned what the teacher was saying, she didn't bother listening. She just decided to retreat into her head, not all the way though; she of course had to hear the bell whenever it rang, if there was a bell or something or the sort. Luna listened to a little of the conversation being had by the orc and the... other boy that smelled of fire that she did not know what was. It wasn't interesting to her, so she stopped listening, as it was rude anyway. Luna just looked outside and waited for dismissal that would hopefully come soon.

@EddiEddi

Lilith grinned, as she entered fingertip distance from Alexander. Oh, she could taste victory. He was gonna get one heck of a beating for teasing her so much. Clearly, she thought herself a match for Alexander, though she was soon proved to be wrong. Suddenly, right as she thought she had him by the arm, Lilith could feel him soaring straight overhead, landing behind her. Before she could even turn around, two strong arms wrapped around her waist, holding her in place from behind. She couldn't help but pout, jutting her bottom lip out. Finally, Lillith had thought, I've got you now. Disappointed yet again, she leaned back, applying all her weight into Alexander's arms.

"I thought I got you..." She turned her head, butting him in the chin lightly, "I was gonna give you one hell of a beating, too." Lilith grinned, trying to release herself from his grip.

Alexander shook his head when she hit his chin. "hay. that hurts." He protested before letting go of her gently. "Yes you, were, but my dear, while you might be very strong in some ways, and could probably beat me in a fight, Speed, Agility and Manoeuvrability are key factors in death, for no one can outrun it." He said lightly before looking at her. "So, what in the hells did I win if you wanted to beat me?" He teased a little before stretching.

After a moment he realised something and half hugged her again, "Your so bloody light!" He stated and outright picked her up, it wasn't clear if she was light or he was stronger than he looked. "what the hell?"

"Win? Win? You're lucky you didn't lose your front teeth--and possibly your wisdom teeth too!" Lilith scoffed, a chuckle escaping her lips. Though she tried to sound angry, she was never very successful. As soon as she managed to get a serious message across, she always ended up giggling or smiling like an idiot. Lilith had attempted to sound cross with Alexander, though her attempt had obviously failed. She had instead erupted in a fit of giggles, trying too hard to sound like she was honestly exasperated.

Lilith squealed, surprised by the feeling of her feet lifting the ground. Though she could fly, she wasn't exactly used to her feet leaving the floor without her commanding them to. Swinging her legs around, she turned her head sideways, staring into the eyes of Alexander. "You--" She yelled, still unable to keep a straight face, "put me down! Put me down Alex, oh my god! I swear, if you drop me..."

They had attracted the attention of a few of the students standing below. Well, she had gained the attention of the students walking in the hallways, kicking and flailing about while screaming. Her tail whipped around rapidly, in sync with the excitement she was feeling. Her heart rate had quickened, surprised by the sudden feeling of levitation. At first, she had thought that she was flying, though she thought it odd since she wasn't able to fly during the day.

@EddiEddi

"But thats not fair." He protested before laughing with her. He knew she was trying to tell him off, it wasn't so much that he was disobeying her, it was more he wasn't to worried about consequences and more concerned with having fun in there here and now. He was, very much someone for who the future didn't matter and all that was worrying about was the right now.

"Oh yell all you want, its not like everyone isn't staring allready" He teased, whispering in her ear before staring right back at her. when she started to swing about he swung her up and grabbed her legs with his free hand, carrying her bridal style. "What'll you do if I drop you? scream? grab me?" he said and mock dropped her, catching her half a second later, just enough to send her heartbeat in to overdrive from fear and adrenaline. He however had, once again, the manic grin that seemed to be far to large for any good. "Hmm, we're getting a little to much attention arn't we?" He said and closed his eyes. "You can't fly can you?" he asked and rather than stopping time he started to walk. or to her it would seem like he was walking. To the outside world the pair of them had just erupted in to a cloud of shadows and scraps of black cloth and spun down the hallway. Each step seemed to take them far further than it should whipping them along the corridor and upwards away from the crowds. even through the ceiling and in to empty area that was clearly the dorms. "So, do you know what number dorm you are?" He asked as he set her on her feet, though not before dropping her the last 3 inches.

@Strawberry

Matan heaved a sigh of relief as the first bell ran out; he wasn't one for lectures, as he preferred to read the books on his own. He stands, easily collecting his things before leaving the classroom.

"Glad that's over." The orc admitted out loud as he exits the room, stretching his arms and legs out, his blade still in hand. He looks over the crowd of students as they fill the hallway, hoping to find a familiar shock of ice blue hair in the hallway across the way.

Laec started to say something as Yami left, but he quickly stopped himself. He huffed at the abrupt farewell, his gaze shifting to the desk in front of him. There a few reasons why he wanted to be in the corner in the room, the main reason to not be in the way of other people. He carefully moved out of his wheelchair and got onto the slightly tall stool, using the lab bench as a leverage. Once seated properly, Laec placed his bag in the wheelchair before he turned his gaze towards the front and noticed a one boy near the door. He must have been one of the few people that were late, but at least he made it before the teacher. Mimicking the boy's actions, Laec glanced to his bag and retrieved a notebook, followed by a pencil. He placed them down, but soon turned his head towards the door when he heard Iona's voice and a more intimidating voice. He couldn't make out many words, but he did hear "friendship". "gift", and "classroom". He stared at the door, wondering what the two were talking about.

@AshenAngel @Cybermoon

Iona stepped in and looked around to see the other supernatural beings in the room. She scanned for an open seat and saw Laec sitting in a corner in the room. Smiling, she made her way over to him and took the seat next to him. "Hi, Laec. We have the same starter class, it seems." She says in a happy tone.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Laec's pale blue eyes widened as Iona stepped in and sat next to him, watching Mr. Winter follow in behind her. "So we are." He grow silent and he blushed, thinking she may have seen him staring at the door. Laec wanted to ask about the conversation, but against his better judgement, he decided not to. "I'm glad we're in the same starter class..." His voice was soft and silvery, quiet enough that you had to be inches from his face to hear what he said. Laec looked slowly to the front and nodded slightly, watching as a female centaur appeared in the room and almost immediately started to yell at the students to jot down the syllabus of the class. The young merman quickly opened his notebook to write as the female Centaur spoke.

@Cybermoon

Status
Not open for further replies.