OwO That moment when you have the house to yourself so you don't at all feel bad for cranking up the volume to THIS JAM.

Aaaaaah I hadn't realized until tonight just how much I missed the Seventh Doctor... >w<

Well... I dunno what to tell you, then. Because he definitely said it.

I guess I'll just have to wait for that scene to turn up on Youtube so I can show it to you, because I already know that you'll never re-watch the whole episode to catch that sort of thing (even though this is already a clear example of just how much you can miss the first time around).

Anywho, I'm also glad that they referenced that one minisode (which I was going to link to but I can't seem to find it on Youtube anymore -- must've been removed I guess) where Eleven was seemingly getting ready for his last date with River at the singing towers. I kept wondering throughout this whole episode if that was still canon or if Moffat forgot or something. But then River mentioned all the times that the Doctor kept canceling, including, "remember that time that there were two of you?" (which is also a thing that happened in said minisode) and I'm really glad they included that, so that the whole timeline still makes sense. XD
WHAT WEB EPISODE IS THIS!? O_O

Also, now I need to finish Iwaku business and then play Undertale which I also bought yesterday so I join this other spoilered discussion. XD

So.. I got Undertale yesterday. Obviously, like most people, I got the Neutral Ending the first time. ...I'm scared D: .
Yeah a friend gifted me Undertale too. I'm scared to start.

I've been playing Sunless Sea, another gift. Really fun. My crew fell into a vortex and died the first time. The second time everyone went mad while starving to death and drowned themselves. It's a lot more challenging that I thought to keep people alive!

WHAT WEB EPISODE IS THIS!? O_O
It's from a minisode series called "Night and the Doctor", which focuses on the shenanigans that the Doctor gets into when his companions are asleep (and it is another reason why I really hate Sleep No More, as this series pretty much implies that the Doctor doesn't need sleep). It contains the minisodes "Bad Night", "Good Night", "First Night", and "Last Night". First Night and Last Night are the two that focus on River Song (it's a two-parter that could essentially be edited together as a single minisode) but, really, I'd recommend the whole series. There's lots of extra content in Doctor Who minisodes that lots of people don't even realize exists. XD I could list a lot of other noteworthy minisodes if you like...

Also, the Night and the Doctor series aren't web episodes -- they're DVD exclusives. That's probably why I can't find all of them on Youtube anymore -- they were never on the official Doctor Who Youtube channel and they must've gotten taken down from whatever channel uploaded them illegally.

Yeah a friend gifted me Undertale too. I'm scared to start.
Wait

But

But you

...When you first joined this RP, and you were PMing me about what fandom you wanted, you said you considered making a CS for Undertale.

And you've... never played it?? O_o

I had just... I just assumed... based on that... that... yeah. >.>

And you... if you had reserved Undertale at that time, I would've been none the wiser.

Oh this is worse than when I found out how far behind Clirkus was on Night Vale holy jeez...

...When you first joined this RP, and you were PMing me about what fandom you wanted, you said you considered making a CS for Undertale.

I'm not surprised that this happened. A friend of mine on Facebook did the same thing, she made a page for Undertale Fandomstuck and she hadn't even played the game at the time. She just based everything on playthroughs/walkthroughs she watched. I found that questionable and not really right....

It's weird how out of all my Facebook friends who like Undertale, I was the last to join the fandom but the first to actually play the game.

But aside from that YAY MORE PEOPLE PLAYING UNDERTALE! >:''''')

I'm not surprised that this happened. A friend of mine on Facebook did the same thing, she made a page for Undertale Fandomstuck and she hadn't even played the game at the time. She just based everything on playthroughs/walkthroughs she watched. I found that questionable and not really right....

It's weird how out of all my Facebook friends who like Undertale, I was the last to join the fandom but the first to actually play the game.

But aside from that YAY MORE PEOPLE PLAYING UNDERTALE! >:''''')
[disclaimer: I'm not mad at you, Soulless. I wrote that at the end of the post but then decided I better edit it in at the beginning, too.]

YOU KNOW

I DO TECHNICALLY HAVE A RULE

STATING THAT YOU SHOULD PLAY FANDOMS THAT YOU ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT.

• This should go without saying, but pick a Fandom that you have a reasonable amount of knowledge of. You don't have to be an expert, but at least be able to make design choices that make sense.
IT IS A RULE THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO CITE, BUT... IT IS A RULE.

Do I have to amend that rule to say something like, "so you can't play a fandom for a TV show you've never seen" or something like that??

Because I... really didn't think I would have to say that. @_@

I get that -- in its Tumblr origins -- Fandomstuck was originally all about fandoms reacting to things, and, I mean, as a Tumblr user, I know what it's like when a certain fandom (Undertale being a pretty good example of this, actually) has a certain... presence on the site, and so, it's easy to think of "the fandom" as being represented by all the characters and jokes and concepts that you keep seeing over and over -- so, on Tumblr (and, in this case, Facebook, as it serves a similar sort of purpose here) -- I can at least understand how you could make a Fandomstuck character without actually knowing the source material. Some would probably consider that to be in poor taste and misrepresenting said fandom, but, at least I can see how it would appear to be possible.

But... in this case -- seeing as how this RP is a lot more than a simple ask blog like "hey X fandom what do you think of Y??" and people drawing fanart and shipping fandoms based on small things like shared cast members or some other connection, and really isn't based off of actual fans' reactions to recent developments (hell, as stated, we're sort of limited in that we really can't do that even if we wanted to)... you... really need to at least be familiar with the source material. @_@

And I was going to say that that seems like it should be especially true with a game that plays as uniquely as Undertale, but, honestly... I can't think of a single fandom that wouldn't be missing a whole ton of elements if you only based them off of what you see from actual fans and not knowing the actual source material. You can mimic the Night Vale aesthetic all you like, but it doesn't mean much if you haven't experienced the humor and strangeness firsthand. You can say that Rose is the worst companion and Donna's the best but there's quite a problem if you haven't seen enough of the show to understand why those are the popular opinions. You can make a fandom who's a troll and reference troll things but it really would be helpful to know that the trolls don't become a big part of the story until Act 5, and there are a thousand other elements to the story that do not revolve around trolls.

And, hell, those are just a few popular examples of fandoms that one actually could create quite an image for just based off of what you see from the fans, and, I just feel like... if you're actually in any fandom that's popular enough for that to happen, then, I'm sure you can definitely think of a lot of was that fandom could easily be misrepresented if you don't understand where these things come from (and, augh, I shudder to think of how badly MLP would be misrepresented....).

And, I mean, I admit it -- I thought about what Undertale's Fandomstuck character could potentially be like before I started playing the game. But that's only because I have an overactive imagination and think about lots of fandoms that I know very little about. @_@ But only with the intention of including them in one hypothetical piece of fanart or something, probably interacting with a fandom that I do know... not with any serious intent to make a CS for them. >> And, basically all I could imagine for the Undertale fandom before playing the game was... a skeleton. Or, perhaps more likely, a kid dressed up to look like a skeleton. ...And that's about it.

Having played the game, I feel like there are a lot of really interesting things you could do with an Undertale fandom. (And, if I wasn't so hesitant to do another time travel-esque plot like we almost did with Madoka, well... Hmmmmm~) But, without actually experiencing it, it's just... there's so much you can't fully understand as an outsider. And that goes for any fandom.

NEVER MIND THE FACT THESE FANDOM CHARACTERS ARE FANS THEMSELVES, SO, YOU'D NEED TO KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE A FAN and... yeah. DX

I'm not mad at you, Soulless. I was laughing at all this a second ago. It's just, actually thinking heavily about it... yeah. DX

Also, while we're talking about the Undertale fandom, I just wanted to mention: I feel like Doctor Who would be quite the target for Undertale's monsters, as I feel like they might mistakenly think that he has two souls.

In other news, I finally made the edits to Sub's CS that I wanted to make. Also I've updated his page. This feels...not weird, but...different. "This" meaning the transition of Submachine from this site to Facebook. It's definitely different than the transition of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared from Facebook to here. That's probably because this roleplay community has a lot more structure than the one on Facebook does.

And since my train of thought keeps coming back to this rail....

I'm wondering if I could pull off making one of THESE >gestures to this OOC thread and its IC thread< with personifications of Fictional places. I have an OC for the personification of the Subnet, and I would LOVE to bring them in here but I'm not going to because this is FANDOMS, not fictional places. But yeah, I've been thinking about wanting to make something like this roleplay thingy but for fictional places. I probably won't actually do it because that is FAR too much for me to handle right now considering how things are going for me lately, but it's a thought I just can't get out of my mind...

In other news, I finally made the edits to Sub's CS that I wanted to make. Also I've updated his page. This feels...not weird, but...different. "This" meaning the transition of Submachine from this site to Facebook. It's definitely different than the transition of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared from Facebook to here. That's probably because this roleplay community has a lot more structure than the one on Facebook does.

And since my train of thought keeps coming back to this rail....

I'm wondering if I could pull off making one of THESE >gestures to this OOC thread and its IC thread< with personifications of Fictional places. I have an OC for the personification of the Subnet, and I would LOVE to bring them in here but I'm not going to because this is FANDOMS, not fictional places. But yeah, I've been thinking about wanting to make something like this roleplay thingy but for fictional places. I probably won't actually do it because that is FAR too much for me to handle right now considering how things are going for me lately, but it's a thought I just can't get out of my mind...
Eh... I just feel like that sort of thing would be hard to pull off in general. :/

I mean, Fandomstuck is already an obscure idea for a roleplay -- yours would be even more obscure... and, when trying to attract players, that really isn't a good thing.

Ok... I'm still FAR from beating the game.
But I ran into something that made me just have to come back and share.

SOOOOOO! This is mainly about Toriel... But being bad with names I had to google "Undertale Cow Mom" to remember...
ONLY TO BE TOLD WHO HER EX-HUSBAND IS! GEE THANKS GOOGLE!!! >.<

Any ways!

So I got through the start of the game completely fine, pacifist throughput completely.
Respawned once due to lack of healing items, to which I just farmed a little more in prep next time.

And then comes to the point of having to leave!
Toriel being all like "Oh no! I can't let you leave! You'll die!".

So we get stuck in a fight!
So here I am spamming "Talk" as much as possible to talk her down... NOT WORKING!

To which I decide, "Ok, I'll fight her. Get her to low health and then mercy".
So I'm fighting... And right when she hit's the half HP point her attacks start avoiding me completely.
I assume she's crippled (timing of it made me miss completely this was being triggered from my own low health).
So I try talking again... Fails. Mercy, Fails.

So I try to widdle her down to less health first...
NOPE!!! HERE COMES ULTRA 49078874328372498237 DAMAGE CRITICAL AND SHE DIES!!!

And I'm just sitting there literally jaw dropped going NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
So I reload the game and attempt it again...

Only to get her to say "You look like you've seen a Ghost!".
WAIT! WHAT!? YOU NEVER SAID THAT LAST TIME!
WHAT!?

So sitting there, now having had more time to think I realized her halting the attacks last time had two possibilites.

1) Her being at Half HP
2) Me being weak

Either way, I fight her until the missing happens so I don't need to worry about dying.
Turns out it was #2. :3
That's not surprising at all... Or it'd be like "I WILL KILL YOU TO STOP YOU FROM DYING! BECAUSE PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY'RE KILLED!".

So I get there... And this time I decide. "Wait... What if I spam Mercy instead? That NPC earlier mentioned I might need to use it when it's not yellow".

So I spam...
And spam...
And spam...

AND IT FUCKING WORKS!!!
YEAY! SHE LIVES!!! <3

So we have our goodbyes, and I leave...
Run into the flower again...

AND HE IMMEDIATELY CALLS ME OUT ON RELOADING!
HE EVEN OUTRIGHT MENTIONS THE SAVE FUNCTION!
AND HOW HE HAD IT AND I SOMEHOW STOLE IT FROM HIM!

So!

This, game, is, amazing!
I am now officially hooked and shall be playing this thing non-stop!

Only breaks being eating, and coming back here to squeal more when more insane shit happens and I need to rant! XD

I've NEVER had a game drag me in this quickly before! :3

P.S The Soundtrack is Amazing! <3

So I got through the start of the game completely fine, pacifist throughput completely.
Respawned once due to lack of healing items, to which I just farmed a little more in prep next time.

And then comes to the point of having to leave!
Toriel being all like "Oh no! I can't let you leave! You'll die!".

So we get stuck in a fight!
So here I am spamming "Talk" as much as possible to talk her down... NOT WORKING!

To which I decide, "Ok, I'll fight her. Get her to low health and then mercy".
So I'm fighting... And right when she hit's the half HP point her attacks start avoiding me completely.
I assume she's crippled (timing of it made me miss completely this was being triggered from my own low health).
So I try talking again... Fails. Mercy, Fails.

So I try to widdle her down to less health first...
NOPE!!! HERE COMES ULTRA 49078874328372498237 DAMAGE CRITICAL AND SHE DIES!!!

And I'm just sitting there literally jaw dropped going NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Yeah, that's what happened to me. Except, re-loading the game felt like it would be cheap and ruin the magic of it, so, I kept going without it.

And I went through the whoooole game... crippled with guilt about killing Toriel. ;_;

It legit kept me up at night. I wasn't even playing the game -- but I couldn't get over my guilt about killing Toriel. Too much. ;_;

So I reload the game and attempt it again...

Only to get her to say "You look like you've seen a Ghost!".
WAIT! WHAT!? YOU NEVER SAID THAT LAST TIME!
WHAT!?
@_@ Yeeaaah... I definitely wanted to spare her during my second playthrough, and I was a bit off-put by that message, too, but, I wasn't totally sure whether or not she said it last time, because my first playthrough wasn't quite as fresh in my mind.

But then when I tried talking to Toriel during my 2nd fight... well...

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-24%20at%205.05.12%20PM.png

AND THAT'S WHEN I REALIZED THAT I WAS NOT NEARLY AS EMOTIONALLY PREPARED TO DO THIS AGAIN AS I THOUGHT I WAS. @_@

So we have our goodbyes, and I leave...
Run into the flower again...

AND HE IMMEDIATELY CALLS ME OUT ON RELOADING!
HE EVEN OUTRIGHT MENTIONS THE SAVE FUNCTION!
AND HOW HE HAD IT AND I SOMEHOW STOLE IT FROM HIM!
YEAH, THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH MY REACTION TO KNOWING THAT THE GAME KNEW WHAT I DID ON MY OLD FILE. @_@ And, seeing as how I finished that original playthrough and wasn't 100% pacifist about it, well... I can only imagine what else they're going to throw at me in regards to that.

Thankfully, I wasn't called out on it by Flowey or anything. ...For reasons I can't tell you yet.

But, it was at about this point that I realized why exactly I wasn't being taunted by Flowey, and uh... that realization freaked me out a fair amount, too. @_@

But yeah, having not messed around with the save function or anything, I didn't learn about the game's creepypasta-esque capabilities until pretty much the end of my first playthrough, but, yeah... they're something.

P.S The Soundtrack is Amazing! <3
Interesting note: the guy who made this game also made the music for Homestuck. I don't know how much involvement Toby Fox had specifically in the music of Undertale, but, yeah, it's really good.

Also, apparently the game was literally created in Andrew Hussie's basement. ...And apparently Hussie assumed that that's where the game got its title from in the first place.

ALSO, TORIEL IS A GOAT MOM. NOT A COW MOM. >:(

Wait

But

But you

And you... if you had reserved Undertale at that time, I would've been none the wiser.

Oh this is worse than when I found out how far behind Clirkus was on Night Vale holy jeez...
I have a habit of reading and examining games extensively, but rarely playing them.

I have a habit of reading and examining games extensively, but rarely playing them.
....In the future, please play games that you want to design fandoms for. OwO"

Yeah, that's what happened to me. Except, re-loading the game felt like it would be cheap and ruin the magic of it, so, I kept going without it.

And I went through the whoooole game... crippled with guilt about killing Toriel. ;_;

It legit kept me up at night. I wasn't even playing the game -- but I couldn't get over my guilt about killing Toriel. Too much. ;_;
I was tempted to do the same and just move on.
Just I rationalized it with "I'm using a fucking toy knife! There ain't no way she's dying unless if I purposely do it!"

Was debating during that if I should just kill her any ways to be loyal...
But then the Ghost thing had me go "Wait! They ACCOUNTED for this!? Ok, I'm fine with pushing now! This save reload is lore friendly!".

@_@ Yeeaaah... I definitely wanted to spare her during my second playthrough, and I was a bit off-put by that message, too, but, I wasn't totally sure whether or not she said it last time, because my first playthrough wasn't quite as fresh in my mind.

But then when I tried talking to Toriel during my 2nd fight... well...

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-24%20at%205.05.12%20PM.png

AND THAT'S WHEN I REALIZED THAT I WAS NOT NEARLY AS EMOTIONALLY PREPARED TO DO THIS AGAIN AS I THOUGHT I WAS. @_@
This game is going to hit me in the feels hard...

In both ways! XD
Because immediately after the flower bit.

THE PUNS!
OH MY GOD THE PUNS! <3

YEAH, THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH MY REACTION TO KNOWING THAT THE GAME KNEW WHAT I DID ON MY OLD FILE. @_@ And, seeing as how I finished that original playthrough and wasn't 100% pacifist about it, well... I can only imagine what else they're going to throw at me in regards to that.

Thankfully, I wasn't called out on it by Flowey or anything. ...For reasons I can't tell you yet.

But, it was at about this point that I realized why exactly I wasn't being taunted by Flowey, and uh... that realization freaked me out a fair amount, too. @_@

But yeah, having not messed around with the save function or anything, I didn't learn about the game's creepypasta-esque capabilities until pretty much the end of my first playthrough, but, yeah... they're something.
I have a feeling this game will either be replayed a lot... Or I'll be spamming youtube vids of it for a while once I beat it. XD
ALSO, TORIEL IS A GOAT MOM. NOT A COW MOM. >:(

Why? If you read enough, watch let's plays, examine things and explore a fandom extensively, isn't that enough?
No, because I feel like playing it and actually experiencing it is a bit of a different matter.

Feel free to read my rant detailing all the reasons why it only makes sense to be in a fandom and experience it with them to really know the experience.

You can read up on all the most emotional moments in Undertale, but, man, the huge thing about Undertale is that not only is it so heavily based on your actions, but it also really makes you feel the weight of it all. @_@ It's a totally different experience from just passively watching, imo, at least when going into it blind.

And, as stated, the fandom characters are fans. TV show fandoms watch their respective TV shows and game fandoms play their respective games. They're just as immersed in the full fandom experience as any other fan would be.

For sake of properly representing these fandoms, it only makes sense to have at least some actual game experience.

The entire concept of being a fan of something and being invested in it enough to be part of a 'fandom' is such an emotionally-driven process, anyway. And look at our fandom characters -- look how irrational and emotional they can often be. They're already the epitome of throwing yourself at a piece of media wholeheartedly and enjoying it in every possible way. It just feels... wrong to play a fandom in such a detached way that you've only read about it and experienced it second-hand. And, like I said before, I feel like a lot of things could get misrepresented -- knowing the things the fandom talks about but not having experienced the same, for lack of a better term, feels that led to those things.

Like I said, you don't have to be an expert on any fandom you choose -- but I expect that you've at least experienced some of it yourself. That only makes sense. :/

I mean, I read a lot about Classic Who before actually watching it. But actually watching it is a totally different matter entirely. I feel like a lot of things are like that, you know?

I just want players here to actually know the media they're basing their fandom off of, from the perspective of a fan. That seems like a simple request. :/

I have a feeling this game will either be replayed a lot... Or I'll be spamming youtube vids of it for a while once I beat it. XD
Aahhhhh you gotta replaay iiiit!!

It's so much more fun when it's your actions that are the cause of things. XD

In all honesty. I think that only holds up when it's an interactive thing.
Bioware Game, Undertale etc.
look how irrational and emotional they can often be.
Star Wars - Fandom Square

Suddenly without warning, Star Wars lightsaber ignited in a shade of Red. He suddenly stood up and started swinging the lightsaber at a bus stop behind him, reducing the stop to a pile of scrap metal in no time. After taking a moment to breathe he turned off the lightsaber and said "I'm sorry... I just felt the sound of millions of fans crying out in pain".

Yea, this is true. XD
Aahhhhh you gotta replaay iiiit!!

It's so much more fun when it's your actions that are the cause of things. XD
Oh fine! XD

In all honesty. I think that only holds up when it's an interactive thing.
Bioware Game, Undertale etc.
:/ In that case, it doesn't seem fair for me to be able to judge what sort of things that applies for and which it doesn't -- especially since I can't be expected to be familiar with every piece of media that people want to make fandoms of.

If I say you have to actually have played/watched/etc whatever it is you're dealing with, then it only makes sense to do it across-the-board.

In general, I still think it sort of misrepresents what a series actually feels like if you based everything off of Wikipedia articles and observing other fans instead of having at least some experience, yourself. And, given what this RP is... that seems kind of important to me.

:/ In that case, it doesn't seem fair for me to be able to judge what sort of things that applies for and which it doesn't -- especially since I can't be expected to be familiar with every piece of media that people want to make fandoms of.

If I say you have to actually have played/watched/etc whatever it is you're dealing with, then it only makes sense to do it across-the-board.

In general, I still think it sort of misrepresents what a series actually feels like if you based everything off of Wikipedia articles and observing other fans instead of having at least some experience, yourself. And, given what this RP is... that seems kind of important to me.
Yea, that's fair enough.