:D Arc in Space was my first Tom Baker story tooooooo!

You should check out more Sarah Jane episodes. She's kind of the most badass of the companions. Actually, it seems like there's this trend of Sarah Jane always getting the worst possible shit thrown at her... and then she still manages to do things on her own instead of just waiting for the Doctor to help her out of whatever mess she's gotten into. In fact, half the time I feel like Sarah Jane winds up saving the Doctor instead of the other way around. Kind of makes it seem like they actually need each other.
He is the first old Doctor I intend to watch more of once I get around to it.
:/ That feels like a really arbitrary way to tackle this topic... I mean, this is just rating whether or not they can talk about something other than a man. Note how it doesn't even make any distinction about whether or not said talk is about a man in any romantic sense when sometimes these girls kind of fucking live with him so he's kind of hard to avoid in conversation. I mean, sometimes the companions don't have many other people to talk to besides the Doctor. >_> Plus it does nothing to take into consideration their personalities or... AAAUGH.

Plus River Song's his goddamn wife trying to spend as much time with him as possible before he eventually forgets her. She can fawn over him if she wants to.
Like I said, I personally find it to be the result of different writing styles, plots etc.
I don't personally think it, or him is sexist. I was just explaining why some people do think so.

He is the first old Doctor I intend to watch more of once I get around to it.

He has a lot of good episodes. :D Want me to list some recommendations?

Like I said, I personally find it to be the result of different writing styles, plots etc.
I don't personally think it, or him is sexist. I was just explaining why some people do think so.

And I was just explaining why I think some people's reasoning is stupid.

He has a lot of good episodes. :D Want me to list some recommendations?
Yes Please :3
And I was just explaining why I think some people's reasoning is stupid.
And they're right. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I thought it was sexist. :P

Also: Me and a group of other Iwakians are in a Skype call atm. Want to join?

Hmm... have you seen the Pond Life minisodes? They at least gave a little more insight into what Amy and Rory's lives were like when the Doctor wasn't around.

That probably has something to do with the fact that Clara traveled with the Doctor on-and-off, so it was easier to see what she was doing when the Doctor wasn't around.

Compare that to Amy, who often went directly from episode-to-episode with the Doctor without stopping home in-between... Again, it's all about circumstance.
I haven't seen those- are they on the internet somewhere or extras on dvds maybe? I don't think that excuses them from rarely mentioning anything in-show though. Amy was with the Doctor continuously, so why not talk about how Rory's dad is doing, why not give a call home every once in a while (even off screen and slipping in a line about it later)? What about that whole town of people we were introduced to in the first episode? Never again do we hear about how that old lady or handsome dude is doing. Even when Amy wants a divorce because she can't have kids anymore, it seems like it came right out of the blue- no pun intended- because we haven't seen the moments between them that would lead Amy and Rory to fall apart.

I would have loved to see more of Rory's dad as well. Lots of people talk about how it must have went after 'The Angles Take Manhattan', what his reaction would have been to learning his son and daughter-in-law were dead and never coming back home again.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Ponds, they are my favorite companions after Donna (Rory especially in the later episodes). I just wish they had more substance to them.

(Also, as we seem to be on different sides quite often, please don't think I'm arguing just to be against you. I like discussing things when opinions differ, and getting to know why other people think what they do. )

Yes Please :3

Genesis of the Daleks -- I can't even elaborate on this one. It's just brilliant.

Pyramids of Mars -- Also one of the first Tom Baker episodes I saw.

The Brain of Morbius -- There is not a single Sarah Jane episode where she is dealt a worse hand. And yet, she still goes off to rescue the Doctor. Which is just... wow. Also the first appearance of the Sisterhood of Khan, later seen in the Night of the Doctor minisode. :3

The Seeds of Doom -- Weirdest Doctor Who villain ever. @_@ A guy who's obsessed with plants and wants plants to rule the world, and threatened to kill the Doctor and use his body for fertilizer...

The Deadly Assassin -- One of my all-time favorite Classic episodes. The Doctor is framed for assassinating the president of Gallifrey and put on trial. But oh, that's just the beginning. Because from that point on, everything continues to escalate... @_@

The Face of Evil -- A really trippy episode... but enjoyable. Also the first appearance of Leela, another one of my favorite companions.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang -- In which the Doctor sort of becomes Sherlock Holmes just because he can. Also this episode was written by someone who actually had the last name of Holmes, which I find kind of amusing. I suppose I should mention that this episode was also really racist towards Asians, but I feel like I have to sort of forgive it for that because it was written in a more racist time...

The Invasion of Time -- I only recommend this episode if you've already seen enough Tom Baker episodes to really understand his version of the Doctor, but it is a must-see eventually. The majority of the episode shows the Doctor acting very out-of-character and you just know there's a reason for it, but for so long you don't know what that reason is, so as he acts more and more unlike himself you just know what whatever circumstances are causing him to act that way must be really fucking dire, which just makes it so gripping to watch... Also we briefly get to see the Doctor and his allies fight a fleet of Sontarans on the TARDIS pool deck. Which is kind of magical. Oh, and did I mention that the bulk of this episode is set on Gallifrey? Gallifrey episodes are always awesome if you ask me.

And those are just some of my favorites out of the one's I myself have seen -- not counting Logopolis which, while worth seeing, is the Fourth Doctor's final episode so it's worth waiting for.

Also: Me and a group of other Iwakians are in a Skype call atm. Want to join?

No thanks. I'm not a huge fan of Skype groups -- impossible to multitask...

I haven't seen those- are they on the internet somewhere or extras on dvds maybe?
I think they were exclusively for DVD release, yeah, but they're all on Youtube anyway. Here's a compilation of all of them:

On that note, I'd just like to say that all the Doctor Who minisodes are worth watching. They're a great way to get a bit more out of the Doctors you love. (And some of them are weirdly plot-relevant. Like, there's one minisode set immediately after Nine regenerated into Ten but before the start of the Christmas Invasion. Ever wondered why he said "let's go to Barcelona" and then landed in London? The answer's in here!)

I don't think that excuses them from rarely mentioning anything in-show though. Amy was with the Doctor continuously, so why not talk about how Rory's dad is doing, why not give a call home every once in a while (even off screen and slipping in a line about it later)? What about that whole town of people we were introduced to in the first episode? Never again do we hear about how that old lady or handsome dude is doing. Even when Amy wants a divorce because she can't have kids anymore, it seems like it came right out of the blue- no pun intended- because we haven't seen the moments between them that would lead Amy and Rory to fall apart.

I would have loved to see more of Rory's dad as well. Lots of people talk about how it must have went after 'The Angles Take Manhattan', what his reaction would have been to learning his son and daughter-in-law were dead and never coming back home again.
Eh, fair point. I just don't see how that makes Moffat "sexist" in any way. If anything, "bad at writing companions" would be a more valid argument, seeing as how these points extend to Rory, as well.

(Also, as we seem to be on different sides quite often, please don't think I'm arguing just to be against you. I like discussing things when opinions differ, and getting to know why other people think what they do. )
Oh, no, that's fine. I like discussing opinions, too -- so long as we're all civil about it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I think they were exclusively for DVD release, yeah, but they're all on Youtube anyway. Here's a compilation of all of them:

On that note, I'd just like to say that all the Doctor Who minisodes are worth watching. They're a great way to get a bit more out of the Doctors you love. (And some of them are weirdly plot-relevant. Like, there's one minisode set immediately after Nine regenerated into Ten but before the start of the Christmas Invasion. Ever wondered why he said "let's go to Barcelona" and then landed in London? The answer's in here!)

Eh, fair point. I just don't see how that makes Moffat "sexist" in any way. If anything, "bad at writing companions" would be a more valid argument, seeing as how these points extend to Rory, as well.

Oh, no, that's fine. I like discussing opinions, too -- so long as we're all civil about it.
Oh, I'm not saying it makes him sexist. He very well could be, I guess, but that's not what I was trying to get at. And thanks for the link to the minisodes!

Genesis of the Daleks -- I can't even elaborate on this one. It's just brilliant.

Pyramids of Mars -- Also one of the first Tom Baker episodes I saw.

The Brain of Morbius -- There is not a single Sarah Jane episode where she is dealt a worse hand. And yet, she still goes off to rescue the Doctor. Which is just... wow. Also the first appearance of the Sisterhood of Khan, later seen in the Night of the Doctor minisode. :3

The Seeds of Doom -- Weirdest Doctor Who villain ever. @_@ A guy who's obsessed with plants and wants plants to rule the world, and threatened to kill the Doctor and use his body for fertilizer...

The Deadly Assassin -- One of my all-time favorite Classic episodes. The Doctor is framed for assassinating the president of Gallifrey and put on trial. But oh, that's just the beginning. Because from that point on, everything continues to escalate... @_@

The Face of Evil -- A really trippy episode... but enjoyable. Also the first appearance of Leela, another one of my favorite companions.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang -- In which the Doctor sort of becomes Sherlock Holmes just because he can. Also this episode was written by someone who actually had the last name of Holmes, which I find kind of amusing. I suppose I should mention that this episode was also really racist towards Asians, but I feel like I have to sort of forgive it for that because it was written in a more racist time...

The Invasion of Time -- I only recommend this episode if you've already seen enough Tom Baker episodes to really understand his version of the Doctor, but it is a must-see eventually. The majority of the episode shows the Doctor acting very out-of-character and you just know there's a reason for it, but for so long you don't know what that reason is, so as he acts more and more unlike himself you just know what whatever circumstances are causing him to act that way must be really fucking dire, which just makes it so gripping to watch... Also we briefly get to see the Doctor and his allies fight a fleet of Sontarans on the TARDIS pool deck. Which is kind of magical. Oh, and did I mention that the bulk of this episode is set on Gallifrey? Gallifrey episodes are always awesome if you ask me.

And those are just some of my favorites out of the one's I myself have seen -- not counting Logopolis which, while worth seeing, is the Fourth Doctor's final episode so it's worth waiting for.
*Notes these to watch later*

Thanks! :3
No thanks. I'm not a huge fan of Skype groups -- impossible to multitask...
First no Tumblr and now no this!? :P

• Love
Reactions: Indabayou

There is nothing better than a Room reference. You guys are officially the best.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

Of course, really any episode you manage to find is worth picking up and giving a try. These are just a few that I think are especially worth looking for.

gray.gif
Which I am avoiding for completely different reasons, mind you.

I probably would've taken you up on your offer, actually, if I didn't have other things I planned on doing today.

There is nothing better than a Room reference. You guys are officially the best.
They work so well. XD

gray.gif
Which I am avoiding for completely different reasons, mind you.

I probably would've taken you up on your offer, actually, if I didn't have other things I planned on doing today.
Curse you and having a social life that's not behind a computer screen! :P

Curse you and having a social life that's not behind a computer screen! :P

Social life, you say? Hah! all my "plans" for the day still involve a computer screen.

I'm not that good at life, you know. Let's be realistic, here.

Social life, you say? Hah! all my "plans" for the day still involve a computer screen.

I'm not that good at life, you know. Let's be realistic, here.
How do you have an entire planned day of computer stuff? :P

How do you have an entire planned day of computer stuff? :P

Well for the most part my plans include:

-writing an essay for a scholarship and, if time permits,
-starting an IC post for this place (though I will put off posting it on account of Cephalo's situation)
-and maybe even working on a 2nd CS as I may allow people to have more characters soon (but first I wanna check my ad statistics and see how many more players I expect to get)

@Kaga-kun Oh my god these minisodes are gold. I'm only a minute and a half in and I love it. That bedroom scene.

@Kaga-kun Oh my god these minisodes are gold. I'm only a minute and a half in and I love it. That bedroom scene.

Haha, yes. XD

Jeez, now I wanna post more of my favorite DW minisodes... XD

Speaking of computer plans, I must be off! Got some videos to watch and then I may try catching up a bit in homestuck. I'll be back later, maybe pop in on my phone while I'm doing those other things too :P

Well for the most part my plans include:

-writing an essay for a scholarship and, if time permits,
-starting an IC post for this place (though I will put off posting it on account of Cephalo's situation)
-and maybe even working on a 2nd CS as I may allow people to have more characters soon (but first I wanna check my ad statistics and see how many more players I expect to get)
So basically you're busy with homework and Roleplaying? :P

Gah! If only people's lives were more free and open. :P