• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I found photos that fit the basic design and concept. Frank is Actually my F4 character and I managed to use the character to creation to make him look just like his unmasked form.

Look I am not trying to be an asshole about this. But I love this series with all my heart. I joined this RP because of how much I love Fallout from the original title that was dropped not by Bethseda. To Fallout 3 and FNV. Fallout 4 is an abomination.

But I just wish people who joined these RPs showed a little more respect.

It's like when the Mod community comes in and puts in, lore breaking armor and facial mods and Lightning Farron hair from FF into Fallout. And I get that it's their game. But I want to respect the lore and the look and the feel all by itself.

I've only ever played Fallout 4, so I can't really compare it to previous games, but I understand where you're coming from with the appearance. It's not as strict on Iwaku as I'm used to, which can be both a blessing and a curse - initially I used whatever photo I liked but it just didn't fit, you know? It's odd seeing completely unrelated photos for appearance and especially difficult for someone like me, since I need to fill in the gaps and work around what they've given me. This whole "draw people's characters" thing is something I resparked from a couple of years back, and (honest to God) I used to have people criticise my lack of accuracy to their weird, blurry out of place character reference images - for drawings I made VOLUNTARILY.

So yeah, I understand the importance of a good reference image. Funnily enough, people with just description for their appearance always got so happy when I drew their character because they liked to see my representation.

I've only ever played Fallout 4, so I can't really compare it to previous games, but I understand where you're coming from with the appearance. It's not as strict on Iwaku as I'm used to, which can be both a blessing and a curse - initially I used whatever photo I liked but it just didn't fit, you know? It's odd seeing completely unrelated photos for appearance and especially difficult for someone like me, since I need to fill in the gaps and work around what they've given me. This whole "draw people's characters" thing is something I resparked from a couple of years back, and (honest to God) I used to have people criticise my lack of accuracy to their weird, blurry out of place character reference images - for drawings I made VOLUNTARILY.

So yeah, I understand the importance of a good reference image. Funnily enough, people with just description for their appearance always got so happy when I drew their character because they liked to see my representation.

And I don't think your picture didn't fit. To be honest I laughed out loud at Scout taking a chem break because it was so damn funny just seeing her. She looks so much like a Super Mutant lady, lol

But she's not a super Mutant. T he funny thing is when we do run into super mutants her reaction to their size, lol

@Ythania Yeah, I'm gonna move things forward with my next post. I'll get it done by today (Wednesday).

@MiloMcGurp I'm expecting a degree of realism with this RP that the games don't exactly convey (ie. no video game logic here). I understand that your character is meant to be a 'hot mess' but it's really coming off as a 'Chaotic Stupid', the kind of character that realistically would have been shot long ago for being an insane asshole (especially with that luck score). Until that's fixed, I cannot accept you character.

Also, you don't need to list off all your weapon mods, just the important ones (like silencers, scopes and barrel length, if appropriate)

@Ythania Yeah, I'm gonna move things forward with my next post. I'll get it done by today (Wednesday).
W-wait, Wednesday? What day is-aaah. I was a day behind. Alrighty, thanks! Your character shall continue to give me grief whilst I attempt to draw his chiselled, handsome features. (Read: Radiation burns and wrinkles.)

EDIT: Sten appears to be trapped in an endless cycle of wearing clothes that are ever-so-slightly too big for him. I imagine that, since he's short, finding the right size clothes in the wastelands must be a pain in the behind.

Last edited:
Strong! Sensible! Reliant! The best mercenary team to ever grace the wasteland!

IMG_20160413_093802370_zpskxsfisoh.jpg

(Drawn on a post-it note in 5 minutes before I knuckle down and get some work done.)

That's perfect ^

Thank you! Whilst you're still around, I've been meaning to ask - the third image for Frank's appearance, which man is frank? The man on the left?

The not dead guy. That was easy. The one holding the flashlight

He could've been sleeping! Or...badly wounded. Do you want Frank to have such a high hairline?

His hair has been grown out more. More like the haircut Chem Friendly in the game. Its short and more messy. Because the dude has Mask Hair. Ahahahahahaa. I slay myself

Reactions: Ythania
Hyped for the start of the mission, but vaguely worried that if sten and frank go scouting, Scout will be on her lonesome. Hell, maybe she gets into a spot of bother? Knowing her luck, a feral might see her on her own...hmmn. If scouting is the go-ahead plan, can I have a bit of leeway to control an NPC or some enemy to toy with whilst you're both gone?

@Grothnor; Atom did nothing. He's just a cautious player. He's not up and close and snipes from a distance. He's got a shock baton and a sniper. He's making sure there isn't a trap or something. Things can and do go wrong. Look I wasn't expecting a Deathclaw at the end of a simple mission.

Point being is, Sten's got a stick up his ass

Yes, he does. :P

I'm not chewing you or your character's choices out. Sten's just an asshole.

I am just joking around mate. If I am upset. You'll know. lol

Reactions: Grothnor
Just trying to make sure all the drama is confined to the IC.

Just trying to make sure all the drama is confined to the IC.

Nah man I am a teaser. I have a very dark sense of humor. If I am not making fun of you in some aspect or another or just joking around, then you know we have a problem. lol. I am just making comments as I see them because I like to be actively involved with the story and the GM.

I think it's because you were watching the thread, checked an alert, but hadn't checked the thread to the latest post. When that happens, the alerts don't work, and the alerts you would have gotten from being tagged were overridden by the alerts you didn't get from being arbitrarily 'caught up'.
I never knew there was a thread to subscribe to. I'm not getting a lot of the tagging for my name. I looked at my settings, and I should be. Ah well. I'm slapping together a character. Very Charisma heavy and probably the worst, but isn't everyone/everything in Fallout? XD

So whats going on in the rp any place to jump in.

Posted. Loads of Scout thinking, and not a lot of Scout doing, but that's the way it goes when you play fairly silent characters. I hope reading all that gushy nonsense from Scout's PoV isn't too dull for the rest of you, but it's good practice for me to get into the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.