Status
Not open for further replies.
After a long, long while I have finished(?) drawing Sten. Apparently, that took me 3 days; time to draw many Franks.

After a long, long while I have finished(?) drawing Sten. Apparently, that took me 3 days; time to draw many Franks.

Many Franks?

I don't know how he'd do if there were more models of him.

• Love
Reactions: Ythania
Many Franks?

I don't know how he'd do if there were more models of him.
It's just Sten sobbing in sheer exasperation in the corner whilst Scout gently pats his back. There, there. We'll kill half of them in 'freak accidents' when we try this new mission out.

It's just Sten sobbing in sheer exasperation in the corner whilst Scout gently pats his back. There, there. We'll kill half of them in 'freak accidents' when we try this new mission out.

Frank, "I don't know about killing models of myself, it's kind of personal for me"

lol

I posted btw. Come on Sten "Get Happy"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, oh my god, I burst out laughing when I saw it.

Now to read the post in its entirety, but take a love from me.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, oh my god, I burst out laughing when I saw it.

Now to read the post in its entirety, but take a love from me.

Frank can protest, but more subtly.

That he can, that he can indeed. I love the juxtaposition of opinions here; all Frank cares about is getting that hostage out, whereas all Scout can think about is how he's not worth saving. And now, a question about future posts; time progression, will that be a thing? I like to imagine that after we (hopefully) complete the mission it'll start to get dark and we'll have to camp...I wouldn't mind hopping from job to job, but I really want to get in some of that camping RP that I gushed on about a bit earlier. I just don't know how far along in the day we're at. Heck, we might even be planning an attack in the dark.

That he can, that he can indeed. I love the juxtaposition of opinions here; all Frank cares about is getting that hostage out, whereas all Scout can think about is how he's not worth saving. And now, a question about future posts; time progression, will that be a thing? I like to imagine that after we (hopefully) complete the mission it'll start to get dark and we'll have to camp...I wouldn't mind hopping from job to job, but I really want to get in some of that camping RP that I gushed on about a bit earlier. I just don't know how far along in the day we're at. Heck, we might even be planning an attack in the dark.

I'd love a camping trip. lol

Reactions: Ythania
So whats going on in the rp any place to jump in.
I'll make a post soon which will give you an opportunity to hop in.

I love how everyone is using the full name of Bob's Bayou Bar (and Flophouse). :P

I'll make a post soon which will give you an opportunity to hop in.

I love how everyone is using the full name of Bob's Bayou Bar (and Flophouse). :P

I just called it the Flophouse

Point is, everyone's focusing on the least important detail of Bob's place. :P
...Oh come on.

*goes back and scours through the IC posts*

Speaking of, are you able to get a post up tonight?

EDIT; NEVERMIND remember I told you about that low intellect thing? There it is. Bright and shiny and stupid. You poor souls.

@Clyde - could you send a link or description of the shirt/trousers that you want Frank to wear? I'm putting him in his big coat, but I need to know what he's wearing underneath. For everyone's sake, I hope he's wearing something underneath.

@Clyde - could you send a link or description of the shirt/trousers that you want Frank to wear? I'm putting him in his big coat, but I need to know what he's wearing underneath. For everyone's sake, I hope he's wearing something underneath.

He's wearing a sweater and a pair of trousers. Its pretty obviously clear in his appearance what it looks like.

Think Mr. Roger Neighborhood, but like of the Fallout world. lol

Frank's being difficult. Difficult to draw, that is!

Whilst I'm doodling, I've been on the look-out for songs that Scout could sing in the future, because what's the point of having that skill and not using it right? Problem is, all of the dated songs that would fit are all about lovers, and Scout isn't that much of a romantic. Sure, she'd put on a show if she was high/drunk enough, but it's not something she'd do on a daily basis. I tried Billie Holiday's Gloomy Sunday, but that's...incredibly dark, almost too much for Scout to be singing. The PMJ Seven Nation Army cover by Haley Reinhart is amazing, and I'd love to look into more modern songs, but I don't know if I should move into that area. I want to stick to the theme, and the theme is technically postmodern America, but if it becomes too modern it's out of place. Maybe I'm just being picky.

tl;dr, if anyone has any female vintage songs that might fit Scout and you can see her singing them, then please don't hesitate to link them. I'll keep an eye out.

Sorry for the lack of GM/advancement posting. I'm really tired today, but I'll get my post up tomorrow.

BEAU ARSENAULT
28 | Human | Male

APPEARANCE
Beau always smiles wildly, even with his brown eyes. He has a scar on the side of his mouth, and freckles over his nose and cheeks whenever the sun nips a bit too hard on at him. His light red hair, almost blond when it is out in the sun too long, is cut short and usually tucked under a hat. There is nothing about him that screams: danger, mystery, or interest. He's a pretty average human of average height and slight muscular weight. The only thing that might be alarming about his presence is the lack of his left hand's ring finger. He doesn't try to hide it, but he doesn't show it off either.

SPECIAL
S: 3
P: 5
E: 3
C: 10
I: 7
A: 3
L: 9

SKILLS
Speech: Beau knows how to talk to people. He can gather, quickly, people's demeanor through their physical and brief social interactions. And it doesn't help that he can smile and wink his way through most things that he can't offer solid persuasion on.
Science: While Beau's roots may not have hinted at this knowledge, they should know that bored boys will find ways to make themselves not bored. He spent most of his free time in the decrepit Museum of Robotics in Baton Rouge. He read a lot of books, taught himself words and schematics. And what he couldn't learn from books, he made up. It is surprising that he still has most of his fingers--and the one he lost has nothing to do with his experiments.
Energy Guns: (see above about being a bored boy) He found a few in the museum, squirreled away behind a broken terminal. Since then, he's been near about obsessed with fixing them up and making them downright... maybe not terrifying... but formidable.

PERKS/TRAITS
Hacker: All that time in a science museum has given him an edge with computers. If anything, he can sort through jumbled code quicker than most.
Lady Killer: Beau is a lot more charismatic to women than men. It isn't that he doesn't know how to talk them, it's just that he can lay the charm on thick without the wrong impression... which he has unfortunately done before. He may or may not have gotten himself a boyfriend a few towns over that he snuck out on.
Scrapper: What is this odd thing? Well, don't worry about it. Beau is good at constructing and deconstructing things. He can find if it's worth anything or nothing at all, or if it can be used as a smaller part of a whole.
Robotics Expert Knowledgable: Beau has studied a silly amount of schematics and deactivated robots. In a pinch, he can be the foremost expert in it. That being said, don't rely on him building one from scratch. He's not that smart.
Luck Be a Lady (Or At Least Have a Semi-Attractive Face): Beau has gotten through numerous scrapes by what seems like random acts of nature, but were actually things that make perfect logical sense. He just realizes them in hindsight. [I do realize this is a perk/trait I can't voluntarily use during the game, but it might make things interesting... at least his boasting about him being lucky when it was nothing more than coincidence.]

PERSONALITY
Silver-Tongued
Clever
Amicable
Grandstanding
Flakey
Secretive

HISTORY
"I came from a nuclear family—hah—nuclear. Sorry, I do enjoy a bad joke now and then. My father was a part of a sect of Brotherhood that helped guard Baton Rouge, and my mother was the scariest woman this side of the Mississippi. She was also smart, and so she sometimes worked as the town's doctor… especially when my father was out on a patrol. I pretty much ran around Baton Rouge as if the entire thing was my playground.
I found the condemned Science and Robotics museum when I was very very young. I told my dad about it because you know how the Brotherhood is. If I didn't, I'd probably been drawn and quartered. Yet, I don't think he told anyone else, or he just assumed they'd already cleaned it out. And for the most part, there wasn't anything of use in there except for a lot of books and broken computer terminals. I got a few up and running and found some mostly-broken energy guns." He pats the make-shift rifle on his back. "They created the bare bones of this beauty.

"I know, I know, this isn't why you're listening to this—right? What brought me here, twenty years later? Well, let's move to my tenth birthday. A bunch of Brotherhood members showed up at my party, which was attended my mother, a few kids my age, and a domesticated swamp rat by the name of Georgie. They pulled her outside. A few minutes later, my mother came right back in, smiled, and we continued to celebrate. Later that night, when everyone was gone, she pulled me into her lap and explained that my dad was dead. They had found a base filled to the brim with Super Mutants.

"After that, my mother more-or-less condemned me from the Brotherhood. Hell, when I reached the age of sixteen, she kicked me out in hopes of making it crystal clear that Baton Rouge was not going to be my home.

"I travelled for a while. I was able to impress a few merchants and caravans that I knew what I was talking about with the pieces and parts they found along the way. And, not their credit, there were many moments where they had me sneak into places to unlock doors while they patiently waited. I don't know how I didn't die, but then again I was young, reckless, and abundantly naïve.

"The travelling circuit ended in Shreveport, where I immediately fell in love with the city. It was a far cry from the swampy wilderness I was used to. From there I was cheated, lied to, stolen from, and beaten up more times than I could count. It became imperative that I needed to get some thick skin and fast. Unfortunately, for being a country boy from the swamps, I wasn't very physically imposing." He pauses and looks down at himself. "I suppose I cut a nice figure, but I'm not a ghoul, or a raider, or even a chem-d out freak. What I did have, though, was my knowledge. Better yet, I knew how to weave that knowledge in a way that made me seem important and valuable. I think that's where my silver-tongue came from.

"I was twenty-one when I met Cecile. I tried to charm her, but she was smarter than me. Before I knew it, she had me around her finger fixing things she'd scavenged from all over. She'd always goad me. 'Do a little more sweetie,' she'd say, 'and I will show you what you've been missing.' I more or less solidified her as a travelling merchant that sold high-end equipment. But I also got the honor of marrying her. I was young, I was stupid, but I never regretted it.

"Four years later, I watched her die. Her and I, we travelled with this impressive ghoul by the name of Baldo. It took Cecile nearly a month to convince me he was alright. I guess some of my father rubs off on me from time to time. Don't give me that look, I'm about to speak quite well of Mister Baldo. Because when the bandits descended upon us, he took about seven of them out before taking a nasty shot to the gut. The next shot pierced Cecile's neck. Blood poured from it, red as ribbons. I ran to her, but I was clocked in the back of the head about halfway there. The bandit then angled his rifle at me, I brought up my hand, and he shot. He blew my ring finger clean off. The pain and the splatter of blood, bone and flesh, caused me to fall back. I guess that the raider had had too many chems or was too excited to murder and loot our Brahmin that he failed to realize he hadn't shot me in the head. By the time that I recovered from that shot and the raiders left, Cecile was dead. Baldo was alive, though. I helped him back to the town where we both got batched up. He and I parted ways on decent terms.

"After that, I just travelled around. I did what I do best: take stuff, dismantle it, sell the parts, barter for the best deal, and the move along. Sometimes I end up in someone's bed, but not as often as I used to.

"So, why am I here? Because I don't have much else to do with my life. I went back to Baton Rouge and my mother was gone. Shreveport has too many sad memories and being a travelling merchant sort of lost its appeal after Cecile's death. This was the easiest way to make a few caps without miring myself deep in my past. It may seem melodramatic, but it is the truth."

WEAPONS AND ARMOR
ARMOR: A mixture of various leather brown pieces, mostly looked to be scavenged from the military sorts.
WEAPON: An Energy Rifle that has been modded with a stabilizer and scope, though Beau doesn't use much of the latter. "I named this rifle when I was young. So, don't judge me. I've called this gun 'Shooty' before. It's short for 'Shooty McShootkins the Second.' Very prestigious family of guns."
A boot knife, because everyone needs a boot knife.
Pulse Grenades, because even if he finds robots fascinating, that doesn't make them any less scary.
MISC: Beau wears Cecile's wedding ring around his neck since his was blown way (that being said, it doesn't stop him from romantic adventures), he has a makeshift map of a lot of trade routes of Lousiana, he has a book about robotics (that is crusty and scribbled on by himself), and a flask of alcohol... because.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I know Beau's agility and perception is shit for someone who uses a rifle. That being said, he's very lucky. Also, he usually talks himself out of most situations and hides in others. I do not expect him to be a front man or AWESOME. I just thought I would clarify before it became apparent I had a long range fighter missing all his long range bits. That sounds bad.

Also. I didn't know if you wanted to rename Baton Rouge or Shreveport. The coolest, Fallout related, names I could think of were Red Stick and The Shreve. Both of them are horrible because I'm not creative. Also, Shreveport is horrible and I hate it. *cough* But it does have one hole-in-the-wall-Mexican place that serves you alcohol no matter the age. That's something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.