Falling Skies: 7th Mobile Armor Suit Team (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify one thing @Jageroux I gave you the Armstads because you were the support, and shouldn't have had the five MAS going center to deal with since that would have been @Iben and Tori's problem.
(Iben is the heavy middle right?)

@FrostedCamel, I haven't read your post yet either, but keep in mind a Cruiser is considerably larger, and more heavily armed and armored than a destroyer. Sizes go Frigate<Destroyer<Cruiser<Battleship<Flagship, with a carrier being something between a battleship in size, but a cruiser in armament.
Aw shit, I mixed the sizes up then... Not sure what to do in this case, the Lincoln did take a considerable amount of damage in the process though, the wave gun didn't get all of the missiles coming for the Lincoln and in the next post I was going to clarify how much damage the Lincoln had taken following from the missiles that remained.

Last edited by a moderator:
@FrostedCamel, alrighty, read through your ship combat, nothing seems wrong. You may have gotten the ship sizes mixed up in your mind but it still worked out on the post. You took a bit more damage than necessary- as your ship does have a shield, and keep in mind the amount of ammunition you use and when we might otherwise be able to rearm. Also remember you have two destroyers to command as well. Everything else checks out well.

@Jageroux, well, to be fair, I was going to send a pair of Ferir's at Ikarus and Rabbit after they had set up... The bit about sniping into the midst of Logan's combat might be a bit much- as well as very risky and liable to hit Logan. And Armstad's are not missile launchers, but large missiles that you kind of just assume control of, like remote controlled stuff- as already stated. For the most part I'll let it slide this time, and consider those MAS's Aseleon and Rabbit took down as enemies from a flanking force, but try not to melt through them as fast next time. Ferir's are tough sons of bitches, thats the only reason why the same model has been effective for the past hundred some years.

@CrimsonHorizons, Gerten also took down those two Ferir's a bit faster than I would have anticipated/liked, but again, I'll let it slide this time, because that post was pretty cool.

Reactions: FrostedCaramel
yup @Jageroux, everything looks good now. You don't have to return to the Lincoln to receive control of Armstads btw. And I liked the touch about him redirecting the missiles. I'll update the kill boards in a little bit.

@Vietmyke As far as the Lincolns damage went, it was a few missiles that hit her initially, they tore through the shields and only slightly exposed that one bulk head to space, otherwise I was going to leave the rest of the damage for the next post. Which now that you say it will just have depleted a fair amount of the Lincolns forward Shields.

As for the Destroyers I left them out intentionally because I would have just gotten confused with two extra ships, they'll be making an appearance with the Cruiser and Destroyer.

@Jageroux Now that was a good read, nice work really.

All we're waiting on now is Top Hat. I'll get a post ready in the meantime, before I forget my intentions with it.

After 12 hours of driving I am home, I hope it is alright if I save my posting for tomorrow morning as sleep calls to my leaden eyes.

I don't think anyone would object to that, bud

Awake and feeling super, reading through the thread to make sure I get a feel for what is going on and then I'll get to posting.

@Vietmyke if there is anything specific you want to mention, feel free to send me a message.

I sent this to Iben, but I might as well tell everyone else as well, because we will be encountering more of these as the RP progresses.

2eekmty.jpg

Designation: AAT-004C Ferir MkIII M (Mass Produced)
Role: Assault
Chassis: Medium
Engine: Six-Core Engine 30 Power
Operating Time: 6 Hours
Description:
A more advanced iteration of the widespread Ferir Mk II, the Mk III has numerous improvements over its older counterpart, namely: the presence of energy shields. Considerably more advanced than its older variant, the Ferir MK II trades its thick heavy plating and robust stature, for more a more maneuverable and well shielded unit. Due to their cost, and the already massive numbers of Mk IIs, the Mk III has been slow to phase into Coalition military, and is commonly only seen in the hands of veterans and squadron leaders.

Ferir Mk III's are proof of the Coalition's greater mastery over MAS techniques than the UEE, with the Mk III utilizing an advanced engine design allowing 6 power cores instead of the standard 4.
Systems:
P110 Type-9 Plasma Cannon. 7 WT 7 PWR
. - An assault plasma launcher utilized by the Ferir Mk III, the P110 provides it with devastating power. Firing high velocity bolts of plasma, the P110 is often capable of destroying lesser shielded and armored MAS's with one or two hits.
Havoc Missile System. 3 WT 2 PWR. - A missile launcher system set into the shoulders of the Mk III, the Havoc Missile System fires medium sized, powerful missiles, effective against most MAS types. Considerably faster than the Ferir Mk II Hammer Missiles, the Havoc missiles trade only a small amount of firepower for their increased maneuverability. Each shoulder launcher carries 4 missiles.
Energy Saber - Internal capacitor. 1 WT 3 PWR - The Ferir Mk III utilizes a high powered energy saber stored in its shoulder. The blade length can be adjusted, but due to the saber using its own power capacitors, the operational limit of the blade is 3 hours. As such, pilots are often encouraged to limit their melee time.
External Alloy Plating (Light). 3 WT 0 PWR - While the Ferir Mk III boasts an energy shield, it still maintains a solid layer of armor plating iconic to the Ferir series. The combination of shields and armor make it incredibly tough.
Class 2 Shields . 5 WT 5 PWR - A standard Shield generator, this shield provides defense against a small amount of MAS grade weapons fire, but will not stand up to sustained fire, or plasma weapons.
Tesla Drive. 0 WT 7 PWR - Originally an upgrade for Aces and commanders, Tesla Drives quickly became standard for Ferir Mk II MAS's- an idea that carried on to the Mk III variant. The Tesla Drive increases its maneuvering and top speeds in space, its improved handling allowing it to easily outclass the already disadvantaged aerospace fighters and MAS's. The Tesla Drives are also used in atmosphere as the sturdy Ferir can easily survive a drop into a planet's atmosphere from orbit. the Tesla Drives allow them to essentially para drop onto a planet from space. While in atmosphere, the Tesla Drives also grant the Ferir the power of flight, which the Mk III uses to its advantage due to the removal of much of its bulk and weight.

^ These things are supposed to be real scary.

rwnomx.jpg

Designation: AAT-007 Hardballer MkI M (Mass Produced)
Role: Anti-Ship
Chassis: Heavy
Engine: Six-core Engine 30 Power
Operating Time: 7 Hours
Description:
Systems:
Twin P170 Type-11 Plasma Cannons. 14 WT 14 PWR
. - A heavy plasma cannon utilized by the Hardballer, the P170 is primarily designed to take on and destroy naval vessels, though can be extremely devastating when used against a MAS. Unlike the P110, which launches highly concentrated, high speed bolts, the P170 launches a relatively slow but devastating blast that deals incredible damage over a large area. - The bolts from the P170 are more easily dodged by Light MAS's and are generally used against ships and the largest of MAS's.
Goliath Missile System. 3 WT 2 PWR. - A missile launcher system set either on one or both shoulders of the Hardballer, the Goliath Missile System upgrades the Hammer missile system. Like the Hammer, Goliath Missiles are large, powerful missiles, and are difficult to shoot down but easy to avoid. Goliath missiles were designed primarily for destroying ships and large MAS's. Each shoulder launcher carries 4 missiles.
External Alloy Plating (Heavy). 7 WT 0 PWR - While the Hardballer has its own energy Shields, it also utilizes incredibly thick armor to defend it from all manner of MAS weapons. The cost of this heavy armor is an even slower and more sluggish MAS.
Class 3 Shields . 5 WT 7 PWR - A more powerful Shield generator, this shield provides protection to limited amoumts of sustained fire, and can take a direct hit from a plasma weapon before collapsing.
Upgraded Targeting Suite(External). 1 WT 1 PWR: - Increasing the effective range and accuracy of the Hardballer's weapon system, the Upgraded Targeting Suites has a Smart AI that quickly determines range as well as any other environmental factors faster than MAs's the onboard computer, and projects the predicted weapon path on the user's HUD.

^Not as scary to the pilots but still pretty fucking scary.

For anyone wanting to know, coming down the center towards our Heavy line is one of these MK III Ferirs, two of the Hardballers, and two normal Ferir IIs

Reactions: Shalashaska
The Mk3s almost seem equivalent to some of the prototypes.

@Ascendant I'm sure that's an intended distinction.

I can't help but notice that my own MK.IV Warthunder has the same defensive loadout as the Ferir MK.III. While I wonder, in theory, if this would give me the same defensive capability as a Ferir, I figure it may be fairly balanced because of my less powerful loadout, the lance notwithstanding.

...Actually, I'm not sure how well such a weapon would work against an MAS, much less the Ferir series. I had GIGANTIC ARMY on the brain when making that, but I didn't quite consider the specific enemies I'd be using it against.

I sent this to Iben, but I might as well tell everyone else as well, because we will be encountering more of these as the RP progresses.

Thanks, that made things much easier to write. :)

Finishing up my post now, so given a quick tea time break before posting it should be up in just a bit.

Just saw the other MASs, and Ikarus ain't gonna want none of that. Ferir IIs are one thing, but Ferir IIIs?
ofvJkhD.gif

@Ascendant, yup the III's are supposed to be powerful. Lol, think of them as minibosses, one of the more powerful foes before named enemies start appearing

@Penultimate Pi, honestly I was a little iffy when I saw the pile bunker.. It would actually be most effective against ferir's what with their lack of energy shields. A square hit from that will knock out pretty much any unshielded MAS

Post up, hopefully it works.

I wanted to mention more about the Ship vs. Ship battle, but I figured Jari/Sokolov wouldn't have time to look at ships fighting when they were trying to 2 vs. 5 it against some of the Coalitions finest.

Thanks for your patience and sorry I took so long to get to posting.

Nice post Ibem, I'll be getting something up tomorrow- There's a lot for me to write about... lol... Sterling, Astelion twins, Ascendant/Pi's conflict, Iben's conflict, ship movements... lots of stuff.

• Thank You
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Yes, unfortunately you end up with much of the work as the GM and for that you have my gratitude.

Bad News: I've come down with a stomach virus.
Good News: Stomach Viruses do not prevent the usage of the brain or fingers.

I took a unique angle with writing about the Coalition troops as I did. Of course, the reality is probably different, but hey, I can use my imagination, right? Hope it's not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.