Falling Skies: 7th Mobile Armor Suit Team (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yupper, I want to give everyone time to get up their first combat post before we start the next round of posts. Also, @FrostedCamel, I gave you ample opportunity for ship v. ship combat if you so wish.
Shit yes

Whenever @Jageroux gets back he'll have some fun with that Frigate and the missiles I gave him...

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shalashaska
I loved the post honestly.

Thanks, I had fun writing it :P

I spent my last hour writing a Warhammer 40k 'Why' thingy. Let me know if you want to read it. Ill PM it to you.

Oh God I hope I didn't go overboard. I feel like I went overboard. I hope I didn't go overboard.

Oh God I hope I didn't go overboard. I feel like I went overboard. I hope I didn't go overboard.
Other than the fact that you seemlessly took down some MAS which may or may not have existed depending on where the middle group of 5 Coalition MAS went, no you didn't go overboard XD I liked it

Leave some for the center heavies. ;)

Nice posts, unfortunately I think my post will have to wait until tomorrow evening.

Leave some for the center heavies. ;)

Nice posts, unfortunately I think my post will have to wait until tomorrow evening.
Well there is the second Cruiser and the Destroyer flanking, so I think it's safe to assume there will be more Coalition MAS to turn into scrap.

Oh God... I forgot my numbers and counting... M-Maybe a few more were deployed as flanks? Ikarus and Rabbit were mainly skirting around the edges of the battlefield, so they may not have encounter the main force...

Aren't Armstad missiles deployed on the Lincoln and then guided to their targets? And interjecting an assault on Logan's target, something which he would've noticed, may be a bit unusual. Overall the count of enemy MASs might be a bit... screwed.

Aren't Armstad missiles deployed on the Lincoln and then guided to their targets? And interjecting an assault on Logan's target, something which he would've noticed, may be a bit unusual. Overall the count of enemy MASs might be a bit... screwed.
I figured the part with the Armstads is okay for this post because it would be a slightly large rewrite for him to use them as intended.
Logans Ikarus' assault was weird, and the count of MAS can be flushed out with the flanking ships...

Edit: A Name...

Last edited:
I figured the part with the Armstads is okay for this post because it would be a slightly large rewrite for him to use them as intended.
Logans assault was weird, and the count of MAS can be flushed out with the flanking ships...
I can do a rewrite, it's no trouble. As for the Logan situation, his role is a sniper/support, so I thought it'd be natural for him to assist? The only thing he did was visually impair it and maybe hinder its movement with the shot to the side, so I have no problem with editing/rewriting anything.

I can do a rewrite, it's no trouble. As for the Logan situation, his role is a sniper/support, so I thought it'd be natural for him to assist? The only thing he did was visually impair it and maybe hinder its movement with the shot to the side, so I have no problem with editing/rewriting anything.
If you want to rewrite it go ahead. The Armstads would be launched from the Lincoln and passed to you, as in you would manually (Like remote control) guide them to their target (the frigate) once they've cleared their tubes.

I look forward to the edit :D

You have to remember that I'm with Logan. I already had a sort of plan laid out, but if Ikarus wants to interfere than I can have Storm get pissed about it.

Also, is it me or is everyone mowing though these heavily-armored MAS a bit fast? I know I portrayed my Suit as not quite up to speed, but if I'm literally dragging out fights for no reason when I could be downing at least one per post, then I should probably remedy that.

Yeah I feel they're supposed to be tougher. I put a lot of work taking down one, granted, Logan just flies an old Sentry right now, so it will naturally be tougher, but going around stomping two or more super fast may be a bit much, even for a prototype.

It's worth remembering that in most real world situations enemies tend to withdraw when damaged/injured and it's not always easy to confirm a kill.

Looking at arial combat, even getting one kill is quite impressive for a single sortie and plenty of great battles involved relatively few kills (i.e. hundreds of planes fighting with only 20 or 30 complete losses).

I mean take Hartmann, the highest scoring ace of WW2, he flew "1,404 combat missions and participated in aerial combat on 825 separate occasions. He claimed, and was credited with, shooting down 352 Allied aircraft" over several years of fighting. One has to account for the fact as well that some of those claims were probably wrong (in that the aircraft he claimed a kill on might have rtbed).

Combat is a confusing mess, so it's not always easy to come away with clear victories.

If you want to rewrite it go ahead. The Armstads would be launched from the Lincoln and passed to you, as in you would manually (Like remote control) guide them to their target (the frigate) once they've cleared their tubes.

I look forward to the edit :D
Alright, I have a good idea of the missiles now. In a way they're like cruise missiles, yeah?

Also, still in the midst of editing my post but I went ahead and corrected the whole sniping-Logan's-target-thing. Sorry for mucking it up, I'll be sure to edit it next time. And, I'm lowered the kills made from 5 to 3, hope that helps somewhat.

Oh wow, I disappear for a few hours and lots of stuff happen.

I haven't read through all the posts yet, but @Ascendant is right about the stomping. This is supposed to be a difficult fight. Like, Oh shit. Fuck. What in the actual fuck is happening. A bit of desperation thrown in there.

I know Ferir's have no shields, but these guys are tough sons of bitches, unless you have plasma weapons, you're not going to be taking these guys down very easily, and as @Iben states, combat is confusing, and most enemies will attempt to retreat when they've sustained too much damage. In fact, Logan will probably be getting an order to pull out of the fight before he gets himself killed.

We're out numbered, and we have 5 warships closing in on us- the roflstomping should not be happening. As Iben states, kills should be a relative challenge to achieve

I'm going to give all the posts a good read over before I give a definitive answer on whether or not number editing should be made but in general, if you guys are mowing through these guys like a walk in the park, stahp.

Yeah that's what I meant when I said that you "...seamlessly took down some MAS" as I said before, it seemed like you shrugged it off for your first fight... I think Logan, Harvey, and Penultimates posts were really good when it came to how hard the fighting should be...

I on the other hand do have a massive war ship with some rather impressive firepower, I figured with everything that happened a Cruiser and a Frigate were reasonable kills, the Destroyer however... I will likely need the 7th to help with that one... If I went too far in killing those please tell me because I wasn't entirely sure what was acceptable for the Lincoln to be able to take and dish out in terms of damage.

@FrostedCamel, I haven't read your post yet either, but keep in mind a Cruiser is considerably larger, and more heavily armed and armored than a destroyer. Sizes go Frigate<Destroyer<Cruiser<Battleship<Flagship, with a carrier being something between a battleship in size, but a cruiser in armament.

Status
Not open for further replies.