Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical

One Hundred, and five years ago a great number of mages wandered the land forming guilds, warring with one another, and becoming stronger. Some looked for treasure, others found their interest in power, a few sought the ancient lore of long lost magics and civilizations. And more over the world evolved slowly into the world where many people found themselves enthralled with magics. However as is common among humans, and animals alike a desire for supremacy is a hard thing to shake. Many darker guilds, and groups often hunt down their fellow mages for sport, for money, or to simply show off their own power to make a name for themselves. Though there is no magical council to rule the land many people see and hear the advice made by the kings of the kingdoms they lived in.

Though there are many smaller groups of magical authority they have little pull outside of guilds in specific areas, or policing mages whom have been deemed a danger to society. As such the land is still ripe with wanders, and explorers each seeking to make their own name in the annals of history. With so much going on in the world there are plenty of opportunities to seek fame, and fortune if one looks hard enough. As such we begin our story at the idyllic port city of New Florine, a port city with a strong magical population, and a large number of guilds, magical and not, looking to make a mark on the world. The city is located off of the south eastern trip of Minstrel. The group in question is a part of a small treasure hunting group renown throughout the city as reliable, and trustworthy as well as respectfully powerful in terms of abilities. The Pentagon Company has no outside branches though they have traveled to and discovered many dangerous locations around Minstrel, and it's coasts. With the retirement of it's former chief the current team is looking for new members to replace it's older members retiring and is in charge of the former chief's child. With the world ripe for exploration what could we possibly find?

Our journey will be a dangerous one where one wrong move could have our mages falling to the traps of a lost world hiding their treasure. Will we become more? Or is it a simple life for us? Regardless it is almost time to raise anchor and set sail for a brand new journey.

=====
Rule List:
1. All Standard Roleplay Rules Apply. Power Playing, God Modding, and other assorted non-sense is not allowed.
2. No over powered magics. Dragon/God/Slayer/Ancient magics are all under heavy scrutiny as well. I suggest you ask me about your magic before you apply.
3. I must approve of your characters personally before allowing them into the roleplay. Characters not approved do not get noticed in the IC. Post characters in the OOC before approval.
4. This roleplay is not for overtly broody, or powerful mages. Try to have an average to above average or below mage. I want this roleplay to be an adventure not a power scaling fest.
5. I reserve the right to reject a character sheet for any reason including experiences in past roleplays that may find the player, or character in question unfit for this roleplay.
6. I reserve the right to gm to reject characters for any basis. Be it for personal conduct, or roleplay reasons.

===
(Note the below picture is treated as continent/areas not individual kingdoms/guild owned lands)
latest

===
Character List:

=====
NPC Character List:

====

Character Sheet:

Name:

Alias/Nicknames: (if applicable)

Affiliations:

Weight:

Height:

Appearance: (Written or picture)

Personality: (add in likes, dislikes, motivations, fears, and other such. Personality section isn't just filler and can be used to further advance the character in arcs)

Biography:

Magic Used:
Example:

Canon Magic Spells: (Provide Links)

Custom Spells:

Example:
Name: Zanho
Type: Shield Spell
Magical Type: Airspace magic
Description: Forms an invisble wall varying in sieze on how much magical power he expends. It is capable of blocking both magial and physical attacks but requires him to stand still. He can also form it into a dome but it requires massive amounts of concentration and magical power to sustain.

Extra Skills:
(Climbing, Medical training, military training, sailing experience, etc)

Supplies: (for adventure necessities you may also put items you find over our journey on here such as magical artifacts or books.)

Other:

(section used for anything extra or nything I may have missed. such as Special Characteristics, birthday, etc)

Name: Seth Pentagon

Alias/Nicknames: None

Affiliations: Pentagon Family, New Florine Commerce Guild, New Florine Magi Association (Received training from)

Weight: 185 lbs

Height: 5'10

Appearance:

Seth is a fairly standard sized young man with a thin but muscular build with windswept style dark blackish brown hair. He has hazel green eyes, and has tanned white skin. He typically wears a white jacket, and a black t-shirt with a pair of tan shorts. If it's warmer out he tends to disregard the jacket and only wears light clothes. He has a few cuts, and bruises here and there but nothing that really stands out in specific like a scar. Some may consider him handsome but he doesn't particularly care one way or another.

Personality:

Clever, a decent liar, and a brave young fellow one would think of Seth as a hero but that couldn't be the entire truth. He's rowdy, loud, and willing to give all he has in a fight. He has no qualms with fighting dirty, and even less with dealing with people he views as scum. Seth tries his hardest no matter the circumstances. He views the faults of his crew as his own and refuses to let people bully them, or himself.

He only takes jobs he's confident in, and doesn't like it when people ask things that are unreasonable for him to complete. He doesn't specifically like being a leader but he doesn't mind it all the same. In all honesty for him he'd much rather sit back, and let things go as they will. He doesn't view himself as some sort of good person, nor does he view himself as evil. He simply is Seth Pentagon a guy out for his family, and his own interests. That being said he does have a lighter side to him he hates cruelty of any sort, and abhors negligence. He doesn't tend to lecture people on how they should act, or nor act only doing so when the situation calls for it.

Fighting is something Seth Pentagon isn't fond of but knows it's necessary. Though he is a strong wizard in the case of offensive combat he much prefers to not get into a fight if he can help it. He doesn't enjoy the concept of killing another human being but he understands one day he might need to. However on the contrary he does enjoy a good fight with another person if it's all for fun, and games.

Seth typically acts sarcastic, and easy going not really stressing the big things but he knows when to get serious. He refuses to actually take anything seriously unless the situation at hand, once again, calls for him to do so. He thinks acting too seriously is as bad as being a callous individual. Think, and acting like a big guy just causes people to get uppity as such he doesn't let threats, or insults get to him.

Biography:
Born in Minstrel the life of young Seth was more or less laid out in front of him from the start. His father was Clayton Pentagon head of both the Pentagon Family, and Company. His mother, Claire Pentagon, was a common woman whom Clay had known since childhood she herself was a fairly competent magician. His childhood was a simple one his mother raised, and cared for the young boy reading to him, and having him play with puzzles to challenge his young mind. His grand parents were a nonexistent entity in his life and the few friends he did have were friends, and children of his father's partners Tom Blackwood, and Balon Storm,

As he grew up he found out he had quite the talent for lightning magic no doubt a hand down from his grand father who supposedly mastered the art himself. His mother spent little time thinking about the dangers and knew he would be a chip off his father's block. She found him books to study, and training toys for young wizards to learn from even calling on members of New Florine's Mage's Association, a company of mages who cannot be called collectively a guild so much as a coalition of magi from various areas banding together for the greater good of magic, to help him hone his early years of magecraft.

A outgoing sort of boy Seth never questioned his own confidence, and skill though he was taught better than to flaunt it. Seth was often first, and foremost among his little group of buddies being the roughest, and sturdiest among them. He even had something akin to charisma when he helped them fight off bullies, or practice their magic. Seth never once thought of failure as an option you either do something, or you don't. Seth always figured doing something was the better of the two options. As he grew up more, and more he couldn't be taught by his doting mother much more and spent more time at the Mage's Association learning from passing wizards there kind enough to give the young boy a hnd.

His father Clayton eventually decided it would be best to get Seth into the family business and had him journey with the Pentagon Company's Team of treasure hunters around the world. He mostly did missions in Minstrel but he occasionally went further. His father found promise in the boy as a treasure hunter and taught him his survivalist skills and combative techniques as he grew older into his teens. Clayton was a hard teacher but a fair one and his buddies also gave Seth a hard time but each hardship turned into a lesson learned. Seth grew up into a satisfactory mage who would keep pushing himself further.

Now a young adult Seth has been left in charge of the company. His young adopted sister Nina ever present to give him encouragement, and his father retiring to sort of his personal life, and the company's business. His mother constantly reminds him that he is an adult now and is in charge of his own life. A life which Seth all too easily embraces, with the exception of the Commerce guilds as he hates actually sorting out the money.

Magic Used:
Chain Magic
Lightning Magic

Canon Magic Spells:
Thunder - Thunder Magic: Shatter Bolt
Thunder Ball - Thunder Magic: Cackling Lightning Ball

Custom Spells:
Name: Lighting Magic: Electric Audacity
Type: Disable Spell
Magical Type: Lightning Magic
Description: At contact Seth is able to unleash a specialized sort of lightning magic that causes nerves throughout the body to spasm replicating a seizure. The power is increased against armored opponents, and people who wear clothing that is not conductive of lightning are nigh immune to it's effects. It requires either skin contact, or have hands placed right up against the body.

Name: Lightning Magic: Pinpoint Swarm
Type: Offensive Magic
Magical Type: Lighting magic
Description: Seth unleashes a hail of lightning based magic consisting of small electric balls. Individually they do a lot of damage but they are able to be redirected towards an opponent. Easily blocked but causes moderate damage on mass contact. It is a lesser form of Cackling Ball.

Name: Lightning Magic: Final Burst
Type: Offensive Magic
Magical Type: Lightning Magic
Description: Seth's final move and more or less a desperate measure when used. He conjures up a large amount of lightning magic into his hands and forms it into a great surge of electricity that shoots out towards his opponents. It's a lethal move when normally used if hit head on as it fries the person's body on contact however it requires a lot of charge up.

Extra Skills:
Sailing, Commerce, Combat Training,First Aid Medical Training, Survivalist Training, and Rock Climbing

Supplies: Rope, Well Made Boots for outdoor conditions, First Aid Generic Medical supplies, Rock Climbing Gloves, and a whip chain device hidden inside his shirt/coat.

Other:

Born: October 18th

Last edited:
@rocketboots the biography should be beefed up a bit. I feel like there's a bit more we can learn about her and Iceberg is fairly far away from Minstrel landwise you'd have to go through Joya, or Desietro. Also some info on how long she's been with the company.

@rocketboots the biography should be beefed up a bit. I feel like there's a bit more we can learn about her and Iceberg is fairly far away from Minstrel landwise you'd have to go through Joya, or Desietro. Also some info on how long she's been with the company.

altered birthplace to joya, because yeah iceberg is pretty far away. added a few details, and gave her some experience from attempts at making money off more conventional wizard guilds on her way south.

@rocketboots Alright I'll be a bit more clear: I'd like to see some of her childhood maybe how she was raised, or how she began studying magic. Maybe her teenage years where she first started to learn her skillset. Experiences, traumas, friends, etc. Stuff I can build off of to help integrate your character into some sort of story later.

Your character already has it listed that he's a part of the Pentagon company. Seth's dad is a gracious man he'd probably take her in just to help her get started on her payments for her debt if she proved herself useful somehow. If she isn't in the guild already then she shouldn't have it listed in affiliations just yet.

@rocketboots Alright I'll be a bit more clear: I'd like to see some of her childhood maybe how she was raised, or how she began studying magic. Maybe her teenage years where she first started to learn her skillset. Experiences, traumas, friends, etc. Stuff I can build off of to help integrate your character into some sort of story later.

Your character already has it listed that he's a part of the Pentagon company. Seth's dad is a gracious man he'd probably take her in just to help her get started on her payments for her debt if she proved herself useful somehow. If she isn't in the guild already then she shouldn't have it listed in affiliations just yet.

i'm really genuinely just pulling this entire character out of my ass as i go along, so sorry if things are patchy or not the best quality. i'm also writing at like midnight, so. there's that.

anyway, i have no idea how well this holds up, or if you think it'll be interesting to use later. let me know and then i'll do some more work in the morning.

@rocketboots fair enough. However I'd like something more concrete. I'm willing to allow you to make some stuff on the go however I'd like something I can work off of before hand.

Hopefully I'll have the sheet done by tomorrow. It's coming though.

will have a less improvised character sheet up soon, tomorrow or day after at latest

Hopefully I'll have the sheet done by tomorrow. It's coming though.
Alright take your time.

will have a less improvised character sheet up soon, tomorrow or day after at latest
Well you didn't need to delete the character unless it's a brand new one but that's fine too I guess.

Name: Chelicerae Green

Alias/Nicknames: Chel (full name is kind of a mouthful)

Height: 5'11

Appearance: Thin and bony. Dark-skinned. Heavy dark circles under eyes. Stringy pale green hair, about shoulder length. Looks like she crawled out of a hole in the ground like some kind of centipede. Usually wears a big black coat full of pockets, a long cloak, and a battered wide-brimmed red hat. Missing her left arm below the elbow.

Personality: An outgoing and friendly person with little grasp of social norms and a love of the grimy, creepy and morbid. Dislikes being alone and tries to make herself useful and likeable to others, but fails to understand why people find her offputting or weird. Usually full of energy, but always looks like a dying scarecrow. Soaks up knowledge like a voracious sponge. Despite being a kind person, easily led by a stronger personality to do questionable things for the sake of being accepted. Uncomfortable as the center of attention and poor at leadership. Has a moral compass, albeit an easily skewed one based less on honesty or right and wrong and more just not causing anyone more pain than necessary - her concept of a bad person, for instance, isn't someone who steals, but someone who steals from a poor person instead of a rich one.

Biography: Chel's parents died in an accident when she was very young, and she was taken in by her aunt, a reclusive old woman who lived in an enchanted chicken-legged hut in the middle of a swap. The old woman was basically a "witch" in the fairy-tale sense - a weird type who supplied people with charms, curses, and cures, mostly derived from things like mushrooms and animal bones. As a result, Chel's childhood was... weird. She nearly died from poisoning eight times, and fell into ant nests on six different occasions, neither of which were particularly good for her. Her aunt, though crabby and strange, wasn't overly neglectful; there's just only so much you can do to keep an adventurous, accident-prone kid safe in a swamp full of interesting things like venomous reptiles.
Growing up, Chel was constantly surrounded by the morbid and bizarre, and, not knowing much else, was completely unphased by it. Her aunt taught her everything she knew about cures, poisons, potions, and minor curses, but refused to teach her full-fledged magic until the day when Chel attempted to conjure fire based on a half-memorized spellbook. She created said fire inside her hand rather than near it and blew it clean off. Teaching her how to handle magic was less a matter of choice and more a necessity before she had another, worse accident.
Chel created her unique magic to compensate for her lost left hand, and over the years became so used to it that the four floating limbs were like natural parts of her body.
Until she was eighteen, Chel was content with her strange life, searching the swamp for her aunt's ingredients, collecting bits of dead animals, and narrowly avoiding death by wild animal or worse about once a month. It was then that her unt became sick, and all Chel's attempts at curing her did was make her sicker. She died within half a year, and Chel was left alone in the hut on chicken's legs.
Finding the loneliness of the swamp unbearable, she decided to see the rest of the world, and left to travel in search of even stranger things and somebody to fill her loneliness. The chicken-legged hut is probably still out there somewhere.
She wandered aimlessly through all kinds of lands, never settling for long, usually homeless, always unable to fit in because of her creepy, malajusted nature. She managed to make a living off her knowledge of remedies and good luck charms and simply ate fungus and roots when that failed her, being a sort of unusually adventurous medicine peddler, always searching for the next wonder the world might have to hold. On some level, Chel was always also searching for company - even people who didn't like her much were better than being alone again. She did her best to be useful and appealing, but could never stick with any companion for long.
She decided to become a treasure hunter in order to travel further and see more, and also to maybe make enough money to not have to eat squirrels.

Magic Used: Sinister Assistants. Chel can summon up to four disembodied hands (all of which are left hands, hence the magic's name), which can float freely within 5 meters of her body and are each about as strong as if they had a ripped guy attached to them. There's no time limit on how long she can sustain them, but keeping more than two out will wear her out over time. Summoning a hand takes a notable toll on her none-too-impressive magic reserves; summoning them all twice is enough to exhaust her. Any damage inflicted upon the hands is mirrored onto her own right hand at about 1/3 severity, though the hands can continue to function comfortably with holes in them or missing fingers. Combined with their inefficient magic cost for repeated summoning, this makes them inconvenient and risky in a straight fight, and so the ability is much better suited to sneak attacks, distractions, or utility use.

Spells: Chelicerae only has one special spell at the moment: Five of Spades. If all four of her magic hands and her real hand are touching a person, their magic energy is drained to replenish Chel's own supply.

Extra Skills:
- in-depth knowledge of which plants, fungi, animals etc are poisonous and how to produce antidotes or stronger poisons from them
- wide knowledge of magic, particularly types often looked down upon such as curses
- can manage to survive for months anywhere with enough plants and small mammals
- can produce minor potions and remedies of various kinds, if the right ingredients are around
- developed immunity or resistance to many natural toxins due to being a dumb hungry child and eating mushrooms

Supplies:
- carries numerous useful herbs and roots in her coat pockets, from which she can make a sleeping drug, a dangerous poison, a hangover cure, and a questionably safe psychostimulant

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks fine however how do you plan on getting her to meet Seth, and or his group? At the start of the rp there will be a word going about town for anyone looking to join up with the Pentagon Company. it's a trial thing and nothing is guaranteed. Would Chel just go up to Seth, who will be aboard his ship, and ask him to come along? Or will she go to the company's HQ?

Name: Cerron Sternobel

Alias/Nicknames: None

Affiliations: County of Wilredge

Weight: 201 lbs

Height: 6'1''

Appearance: Tall and of strong physique, Cerron carries a certain presence with his refined posture and certain step. His dark blue hair is cut short, flowing back in a refined ruffle, while his face is clean shaven. His purple eyes are often looming in a stern gaze, mouth curled down, as if impossible to amuse, and a dark mole rests on the side of his chin. He typically wears trim, tailored clothes, such as button up dress shirts, vests, and slacks.

Personality: Proud and confident, yet capable of some level of grace, Cerron's demeanor betrays a noble upbringing. While his delicacy can only help his typically firm, borderline aggressive tone so much, the way he carries himself is unmistakable. In fact, it's a persona he refuses to let slip. To let out a goofy, over the top response to any situation is below him, so even if he were reeling from seasickness or seething in anger while coated in flour, he would do anything in his power to save face, unaware of how uncool it might make him seem in the end. He has something of a fascination with the idea of power, in particular being curious about the will of the weak to surpass the strong no matter what, a thought that leads to a general air of caution from him while also pushing him to observe other walks of life.

He has a refined palette, enjoying decadent meals, and there is nothing he find more serene than reading in a quiet, pleasant locale. He hasn't been known to be very personable, however, and he has more of a hair trigger temper with petty annoyances than actually troubling issues. He finds the unknown eerie and unnerving, as do many, in particular taking issue with dark things, like death, that his lifestyle has by and large kept him away from.

Biography: Bordering the southern country of Midi, the County of Wilredge runs over a hilly landscape, containing one fair sized trade city and a small farming village under its protection. And in the small castle at the top of the tallest hill in the city of Wilern, Cerron was born to the resident Count Corrin and Countess Estellia. Though not the most magnificent rulers in the history of the county, they inherited during a good period, and it was only some years after Cerron's birth did the slight rise in bandits and Dark Guilds start to press on the county's troubles.

But Cerron's upbringing was separate from all of that. With a future as a noble lord expected of the lone heir to the Count, Cerron was spared no expense. Educators taught him math, sciences, history, war, etiquette, health. It felt like everything he'd ever need, as he joined his father in dining with Minstrel's nobility, watching his father at work dealing with his court and his common concerned citizens. And he took to it all like a fish in water. Cerron was the Count's greatest pride, to the point that he arranged visits to the royal family, perhaps hoping that Cerron might potentially win some regard with his majesty.

But the experience of meeting the king and his young princes (and princess) left a bit of an impact on young Cerron. The princes had attempted to lord their status over him, but Cerron was stronger and smarter than even the oldest of the younger princes, 13 to Cerron's 10. The fact led to him getting along better with the less competitive Princess Minia, but it also opened his eyes to the world. He saw his father as great, and his majesty certainly was, but Cerron being more competent than the princes didn't change the difference in power and status they had. What it meant to have power would be a thought that would remain stuck in his head for as long as he could remember.

Some years after that fateful trip to the capitol, Wilredge's troubles began to exacerbate, as the stress that Dark Guilds and the like were putting on trade and commerce was not lessening despite the added patrols and military presence. As his father raised taxation to account for even further security, Cerron approached the problem logically, but with his limited experience, reasoning that mages would be a better counter to mages than a larger military. But alas, Wilredge didn't have much in the way of Mage Guilds, and as neither Corrin nor Estellia had the magical ability to know the nuance of things. So Cerron, early into his teens, took his initiative, finding the lone magical teacher in Wilern. The old woman knew the basics of dozens of magics, teaching her handful of students whatever tickled their fancy, insisting that they study further on their own. Bogged with choices, uncertain of which would fit him best, his teacher suggested Water-Make, reasoning that another of her students was also learning it, but one thing he recalled from his teachings spoke to him.

Under pressure, water can go from a tepid trickle to a destructive torrent.

At his teacher's suggestion, he began to learn Water-Make alongside a farmer boy named Gante, a simple boy more interested in finding ways to make his farm work more efficient than the other countless, countless applications of magic. Yet again, Cerron was fascinated: Gante had enough money to get lessons, yet was so consumed by his place in the world that he saw no other option than a life as a farmer, despite all the possibilities that magic could open for him. And more concerning, Cerron's frustrations with him grew. While he felt gratification at being more competent than the princes, with the farmer boy, he came to realize he sympathized with his lower position and wanted him to better himself as Cerron might. And only upon that realization was he able to curb his feelings. Why were there those with power who only wanted more? Why were there those with no power who remained content? Why were there those with power who took it for granted? And why was it that society seemed to value those with no power who sought it the most? He contemplated such questions, more interested in that then the power he was set to inherit one day.

If only that day were to come. The bandit and Dark Guild situation had begun to grow out of control. With the criminal element not being beaten back no matter how many were defeated or captured, the militia and military were growing fatigued from the constant deployment. As citizens grew more and more discontent, taxes climbing higher with nothing to show for it, Cerron...did nothing he wasn't told to do. He simply wanted to observe the power struggle: the Count and his authority, the criminal guilds and there disregard for it, and the citizenry, lacking both power and authority. It was not as though he had a solution: he was not about to go fight Dark Guilds himself, and his father never chose to utilize his expertise where he could, be it because he was not willing or simply didn't realize the son he was so proud of could be of greater use than he could imagine. And imagination was something Cerron was full of: he was a Molder of Magic, after all.

But by the time the situation reached a tipping point, the citizens raising their arms up against the count, it was too late for Cerron to act. As the revolting party audience with the Count, Cerron waited for his fathers word, but it did not come. Though he had a power at his fingertips, Count Corrin did not utilize the full potentials of his court, merely hoping the situation would resolve itself. In a way, it did: Count Corrin kept his seat, but had to make a number of concessions to the oppressed. But Cerron was not there for the negotiations. "I'm not needed here," he said to those nearby, before he turned and left the castle at the most crucial moment. The action was so natural that none even tried to stop him, his gait so confident. But he simply walked off the castle grounds.

He did discover how the situation unfolded later from hearsay, just as he learned his sudden leave had been explained away as a 'pilgrimage to adulthood'. Never mind that Cerron was already 20, but for the time being, he could pursue his own interests. He wanted to strengthen his magic, but he also wanted to see more of the common folk he so infrequently interacted with. The revolt could have happened at any time: the citizenry always had the power to do so, yet they let themselves be subjugated. It was all so curious. And there were so many walks of life they could take, but Cerron was going to have to choose. He'd taken a pittance of spending money, but he was quickly growing aware of his need to support himself. And after poking around New Flourine while asking about work for mages, he was pointed in the direction of a certain Company called 'Pentagon'.

Magic Used:

Water-Make Magic – Through expending magical energy, Cerron is capable of creating various forms of water, limited by both his imagination and the size and force at which he creates his magic. Beyond the creation of the water, no matter its form and speed, he cannot manipulate it at will, requiring him to create more, which might not always be ideal for the environment, but as it is magically created water it evaporates at a faster rate. He can only create the water within two meters of himself. Greater volumes will extend beyond that, and anything with motion can easily move beyond him, but most of it must start from near his body, though forces don't have to point away from it.

Canon Magic Spells:

None

Custom Spells:

Name: Fill
Type: Utility
Magical Type: Water-Make Magic
Description: Cerron's basic spell. He creates a volume of water of varying size, generally to fill whatever container: cup, vase, closet, or even a small room. The water is merely standing, so once it's created, gravity will act on it as normal, causing it to potentially crash down on something, but without great force. Even the largest amounts of water he can create will only buffet the target briefly, and due to his range limitations he's bound to be close to the crossfire.

Name: Tide
Type: Utility
Description: With a swell of water rushing across the ground, Cerron can trip up any caught in the wake, perhaps even knocking them down if they were already off balance.

Name: Torrent
Type: Offensive
Description: Cerron's primary offensive option: by creating a small, thin amount of water going at a high speed, he can potentially cut through flesh or other soft materials, and even tougher ones with enough time for repeated applications. It is also hamstrung by distance, having a fair mid range, but anything beyond that will only get one's clothes wet as the water sputters out.

Name: Torrent Arcing
Type: Offensive
Description: A slight variation of Torrent, where the cutting blade of water curves to a side. It has less force and distance, but can be effective for catching a foe off guard.

In general, Water-Make is governed by creativity. With Torrent as his limit on water with force and Fill as his limit for volume, anything in between could potentially be made on the fly, being alternate or mixed applications, also governed by shape. Tide is less volume than Fill but with more force, though not as much as Torrent, for instance, while Torrent Arcing has less force than Torrent but serves the same basic function. Environment could also be a specific factor. Using Fill specifically in a shape to best put out a fire might be called 'Quench', while if it were used to turn a plot of dirt or sand into a boggy mud it might be called 'Swamp'. Such specific instances will be cataloged here in the future for posterity.

Extra Skills: Cerron's upbringing has given him a breadth of book knowledge in subjects such as math, war, economics, health, and history. He is also highly familiar with royal customs. His position also allowed him a degree of martial training, though he's better in a fist fight with his burly physique than he is with the fencing rapiers more commonly used in duels between nobility.

Supplies: Upon learning the details of his new temporary contract with the Pentagon Company, Cerron used his limited amount of funding to buy a small stock of travel rations and a small bag of Light Stones: coin sized rocks that stay lit for 12 hours until expending their magic upon activation, though they aren't bright unless charged with more (though this also decreases the time they can be used).

Other: Born July 1st.

@Craftsdwarf It looks pretty solid. Expected him to be older. Wasn't expecting Seth to be the oldest of the group.

Also could you do me a favor and send a mention to Under star? I have no idea how to put a star effectively into a mention on this site.

I just put the @ symbol then copy paste the user name like so: @★Under The Stars★

Can't say if if works. She's been on but she hasn't responded so it's possible she lost interest. Maybe consider posting the RP in Group Advertisements? Or we can just try with the small group and hopefully try another Int Check/Ad later down the line.

Edit: Well, I think it worked last time I tried it, but not this time. Hmm. You can try PMing her.

Alright well I don't mind running a small group. It'd be pretty bizarre if they lost interest so quickly. Pretty much nothing has changed from the Interest check. I'll send her a message when I get on tomorrow before I get started on Seth.

sure hope Under's character makes for a better example of a normal lower class person than the medicine seller who carries around dead birds, since Seth is pretty rich too

@Craftsdwarf Cherron seems pretty great, i'm honestly impressed by the amount of detail you put into him. looking forward to this!

@VanceXentan Chel would probably approach Seth directly rather than try to make the grade with everyone else, since while her personal skills are pretty bad she'd feel that a homeless person with one arm has a poor chance chance making it in competition with a bunch of more outwardly competent mages

Seth ain't rich. Most of his money goes to fees, and keeping a roof over his head. He lives with his father but his father has retired. He's fairly alright with money he can spend though nothing extraordinary. I'll see if I can finish him later today.

I haven't lost interest~ I've just been a little busy! I just had my graduation ceremony today and I had a really long graduation rehearsal yesterday~

I haven't lost interest~ I've just been a little busy! I just had my graduation ceremony today and I had a really long graduation rehearsal yesterday~
Alright fair enough happy graduation

===

On a side note for anyone interested Seth's CS is finished. I could do more but I'm feeling lazy. Also my A key in my laptop is buggy so I'm sick of missing every other a.

Status
Not open for further replies.