Status
Not open for further replies.
Character: Derek
Area: Crime scene 2
Interacting With: Dmitry
Owner Of Other Character: @WitchcraftIsScience

Derek paused as he never had seen his friend express interest in murder.
He took a deep breath. " Well, I did catch some things from questioning the owner. The man was missing some limbs and he fell out of the ceiling, it sounds like," he said, informing his friend with all that he knew at the moment. He bit down on his tongue now too.
" There are some people exploring inside," he added.

Character: Theodore Dragonheart
Area: Crime Scene 2
Interacting With: Reginald Piper
OoOC: @TragicTrees

Theodore noticed that the man he was speaking to was tall, not as tall as him, but tall by most standards anyway. He watched as he noticed that he was muscular. He seemed capable enough to move a body, but that didn't mean he had killed people. Back in the day, he would have called him a murder without proof, but he had grown better about that sort of stuff. He found the right words finally. " Hi, I'm Theodore," he said to the man. " Jeremy told me that you might be able to tell me the exact number of people who had the keys to this place," he said to him as he hoped that the right answer was going to be presented to him finally too.

Character: Richard White
Interacting with: Cyril

Richard walked into the shop since he saw that the shop owner was busy and he remembered how bad his last encounter with someone had gone too. He blinked twice and saw Cyril. " You," he said to him as he had already hated the man. He had seen the last man at the last crime scene, how very interesting. It felt very odd indeed that he was also here, way too suspiciously odd.

Character: Dmitry
Interacting With: Derek
Owner Of Other Character: @LuckycoolHawk9
- No, I mean, not inside the shop. There is something deeper in building... In the basement as I sense...-
He tapped again, with ground cracking a little bit.
- Ugh! I can't sense further, because of vibrations that these policemen make! -
Dmitry said in anger, looking at shop.

Character: Reginald Piper
Interacting With: Theodore Dragonheart
OoOC: @LuckycoolHawk9

Reginald paused a moment, looking the other man over, before shrugging nonchalantly. "Yea, I can tell you that. 'S not that important, though, they were all doing things last night. There's about..." He took a moment, thinking it over, before going on "6 of em. All home now, too. So you can't exactly speak to 'em, though I doubt they'd fess up to a murder. An' before you ask, I don't know their addresses."

Character: Cyril Haverford
Interacting with: Richard White, Ian Stark
OoOC: @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ezikeel

Cyril stared blankly at Richard, before raising an eyebrow at him "Uh, yea? I am me. Do I know you, kid? Usually people don't just say 'you' to people they don't know, and I have a fabulous memory. So, yea. Did we meet at a bar or something? Cus' I only have a bad memory when I'm drunk." He spoke, before looking down at Ian "Gimme a moment, I need to figure out who the hell this guy is. I'm curious now."

[fieldbox="Neith, green"]

Character: Madame Neith Acquarone
Area: The Siren's Call
Interacting with: Maeyris
Owner of Other Character: @k-michelle412

Poppy was running the floor while Neith was out doing ... whatever it was she liked to do, so it was Poppy whom Maeyris ran into with the rabbit.
"Oh dear, not again" Poppy sighed, scooping up the rabbit to return to Neith's tremendous rabbit pen in the back. "I can't thank you enough, Madame Acquarone was most upset to find he'd gone missing. Do sit for a moment, she should be back shortly, I'm sure she'd like to thank you herself and give you some kind of reward for findig her pet. SHall I get you some tea while you wait?" Poppy said.

"No need love" Neith said, returning through the front door, her brother Dauphin lurking just behind her like a shadow.
"Come come, theres a time for tea and I have tea this time" she said, waving a bag which, as luck would have it, bore the stamp of one of the expensive organic tea shops in the city. High quality stuff.
"Lady Maeyris" Dauphin said politely, bowing slightly at the waist. "Were you wandering the streets alone?" he asked raising a brow, "It's most dangerous out there, you shouldn't go out on your own." hell, he didn't let Neith out on her own and she was considerably stronger than she looked.
[/fieldbox]

Character: Maeyris
Area: The Siren's call
Interacting with: Neith
Owner: @CaptainObvious

Maeyris followed Poppy towards the pen. She set the rabbit down, but lingered. Being a fae she loved animals. She loved them in all of their shapes and sizes. Her fingers brushed over the fur of the small animals, a small smile on her face. When Maeyris heard the voice of Neith herself, she stood. Her face returned to its neutral expression that resembled boredom and impassiveness. She nodded with a small bow to Dauphin's greeting. She followed Neith towards her tea room. Dauphin's concern brought a small, although wry, smile to herself. "Dear, I have survived much worse than what this city has to offer." Her gaze transferred to Neith as they sat. She smiled at the extravagance of the other woman. Clearly they had their love of flashy clothes in common although Maeyris had a more natural element to hers versus Neith's clear love of flash. "Do join us Dayphin," Maeyris spoke. She had a feeling that the brother of the woman before her preferred the shadows.

"I don't doubt you have" Dauphin replied, "But more people are dead, any one of us could be next, it does no harm to keep good company"
Neith waved a hand dismissively, Dauphin was always so serious. "Never mind him, he's always so paranoid, so serious" she waved another hand, beckoning one of her girls who nodded and knew her duty without Neith even having to say a word. A fwe minutes later the same girl returned with an extravagant teapot and matching dainty tea cups and a second girl trailed behind her with a three-tier cake-tray filled with an array of sweet and savoury finger foods.
"Dreadfully interesting isn't it" Neith chattered casually, pouring out two teas with surprising precision given her emotive hand gestures. "Its great for business though, I don't know what it is about murder but it makes men flock to my ladies as if its the last thing they'll do. You know I can almost tell exactly where a murder is given the clientele who visit. There was a handful of carpenters this morning, the murder was in that new shop that was opening up, or close to it anyway. Sticky bun?" she offered a sweet honey-glazed sweet bun before plucking at a piece of carrot cake to share with her rabbits.
"There hasn't been any trouble near you has there?" she asked, quite seriously which was unusual for her, "You should stay with us, my dearest Dauphin would gut anyone who dared to come near us, you'd be safe here, theres bunnies, buns, I have this lovely beaded dress and you'd look like a doll in it, we'd have such fun."

[/fieldbox]

Character: Maeyris
Interacting with: Madame Neith Acquarone
Owner of Other Character: @CaptainObvious

Maeyris chuckled lightly of the way Neith brushed off her brother. Her eyes flashed with amusement at Neith's mannerisms. "Do listen to your brother. He does have a point," She offered in his defense. So often being a peacekeeper, Maeyris often allied herself with both sides in any manner of opposition. It was how she was able to stay alive for so many millennium. She gratefully took her cup of tea, shaking her head no at the offering of a sticky bun. "Mmm, yes I believe I passed by there on my walk today before I stumbled upon your dear little rabbit. He really should be more careful, I told him so on the way over," Maeyris paused, thinking back to earlier. "It was really grotesque. Something had torn a poor man apart. The little shop owner looked mortified. I couldn't see much but it was quite disturbing." Maeyris took a sip of her tea. The thought of the scene earlier had her stomach in knots and this was really helping. "Oh no, I couldn't impose," she waved her hand at the offer to reside here. "As much as I do not doubt your brother's abilities to protect, I simply couldn't impose on you here. I am quite comfortable in my little shop," She said before taking another sip. "I would very much enjoy coming back though. Perhaps I could bring the tea this time and we can talk about more things that are happening here?"

Interacting With: Dmitry
Owner Of Other Character: @WitchcraftIsScience
Derek wasn't sure what to make of the friend's idea and he remained silent as he looked at the ground too.
He looked away to collect his thoughts. Perhaps someone else knew something.
He did smell the strange man who had been watching the interactions with his mother.
" Perhaps we should table that," he said.

Theodore noticed the pause, that was very strange to him, but then again it wasn't a crime to take your time to think. He looked at him and did some quick math. Six of the men were a lot as he would put it lightly. " I guess that leaves me back to square 1. Has anyone found the keys to the security room or perhaps something else?" He asked as he wasn't sure what the body was looking like at all either.

Character: Richard White,
Interacting with: Ian Stark,Cyril Haverford
OoOC: @TragicTrees @Ezikeel

Richard noticed that he arched an eyebrow at him. He didn't remember him and that made him more angry, but perhaps this would work to his advantage. Actually,fuck that. He wasn't going to let himself be forgotten. " I interrupted your last conversation and you were by the last crime scene too," he said, wondering why this man was attracting to these scenes. " I am sorry," he said to Ian, apologizing for interrupting them.

[fieldbox="Frankie, hotpink, dashed"]Character: Frankie Taggart
Interacting With: Molly

"Well, I'm gonna take a look around and see what I c'n do, then. I'll let you know if'n I find anythin', since I'm sure the p'lice ain't gonna keep you up ta date on what's a-goin' on 'round here. Thanks fer lettin' me have a look-see, Miss."

Frankie took a look around the room, deciding where she should focus her efforts. She decided to take a peek behind the counter, since it was the closest thing, and it didn't seem like any police-types were hanging around right there. She went around to the other side, examining the shelves and register and whatever might be under the counter itself.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Ian, orange, dashed"]Character: Ian Stark
Interacting With: Richard, Cyril, Rufus,
OoOC: @LuckycoolHawk9 @TragicTrees

Ian scratched a couple times behind Rufus' ears as he raised an inquisitive eyebrow at the newcomer. He was sensing some serious hostility coming off the guy, and his new 'friend' Cyril didn't seem to crazy about him either. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to dodge Cyril's question about his motive for being there, and he didn't super want to get caught up in whatever was going on between these two.

"Uh, seems like you two have something to work out here, or some shit I don't know, so I'm just gonna leave you to that... I'm gonna take a look around a little bit." He nodded to Cyril. "If you're still here when I'm done looking around, I'll come see you again, aight?" He hurried away without waiting for a response, rubbing his arms to disperse the heavy feeling of negativity from those two.

He decided he'd get right to the heart of things, and go take a look at the body, which Cyril had so gruesomely described. Standing a few feet away from it (since it was starting to stink by that point) he craned his neck to see it properly and grimaced. He nodded to the guy who was hovering around nearby, poking at stuff.

"Some kinda city we live in where this can happen to folks, huh?"[/fieldbox]

Character: N/A
Interacting With: Frankie Taggart
OoOC: @Ezikeel

At first glance, everything seemed untouched. It looked normal, and was probably the only part of the shop that did. The counter was still polished, the shelves were intact, and the cabinets were closed. However, with a second glance, it could be seen that on one of the cabinets, there was a little red mark on the handle, and it looked as if someone had wiped said handle off but missed a spot.

Character: Bryan Howes
Interacting With: Ian Stark

The man, Bryan, glanced up, before shrugging "It's just gotten worse recently." He said in response, before cracking a smile "But, hey, sure it'll get solved soon. We're all good......" He stopped, before sighing "Well, that's a lie. We're horrible at our jobs, never mind that. But the person, or persons, will slip up at some point, and we can go back to our regularly scheduled murders instead of spontaneous ones."

The body, from the vantage point Ian was at, still looked bloody. As described, two limbs were pulled off, and currently MIA. The puddle of blood was still there, though more dried than before due to time.

"We have the keys to everything." Reginald replied, fiddling with a silver necklace that contained a stone as he spoke "But I ain't sure I'm allowed to give it to you. The police are over there, an' I'm SURE they don't want me handing anything over. While they ain't good at their job, they still like t' do it themselves, hm? The only way to get in there is stealing the keys from Jeremy and I, or lock-picking your way innit." He shrugged "An' that's illegal, so I'm pretty sure you wanna do neither. Sorry I ain't more helpful, but I don't want t' get involved with the police more than I have to, you know?"

Character: Cyril Haverford
Interacting with: Richard White

Cyril crossed his arms, looking rather unimpressed with the other man ".....Okay. And? I really don't see why you have to keep on doing it. It'll only bring about the same results." He chided, before grinning "You know, the act of trying the same thing over again and expecting different results is insanity. So technically, if this continues, you're insane! And that would be a shame. So how about you run along, hm? I really don't like people interrupting, but you already knew that."

!!NEW INFORMATION FROM THE LAST FEW POSTS!!!

-All workers have keys, but the only people in the building currently with them are Reginald and Jeremy. The rest went home, and Molly lost hers, supposedly.

-You've met BRYAN HOWES, a new suspect! His informant is UNKNOWN.

-Bryan as been found messing with the body at both crime scenes.

-You can only get in the security room through thievery or lock picking.

-One of the locked cabinets behind the counter has blood on the handle.

Character:Theodore Dragonheart

Theodore looked at him and was happy when he said that someone had the keys, but the only way to get in was to steal the keys or to lock pick, both of the options be illegal and he wasn't ready to get arrested by the cops, it wouldn't be easy to retain his human form if they removed the pendant too.He thought about it." Is the body still here?" He asked, as he knew that seeing it might make him piece together. Sometimes locked doors were the key to the whole case, but other times he had come to realize, they were simply just that, locked doors that weren't meant to be opened by anyone. He took a deep breath waiting for the answer.

Interacting with:Cyril Haverford

Cyril crossed his arms, looking rather unimpressed with the other man ".....Okay. And? I really don't see why you have to keep on doing it. It'll only bring about the same results." He chided, before grinning "You know, the act of trying the same thing over again and expecting different results is insanity. So technically, if this continues, you're insane! And that would be a shame. So how about you run along, hm? I really don't like people interrupting, but you already knew that."

Richard paused and cursed under his breath. He had lost his temper and lost focus again. He had already seen the woman across as a detour, he needed to solve this case, and he couldn't afford that. He went through his options and decided that he would talk to the lanky guy, perhaps he knew something about the body. " I will be going, I got my eye on you though, being at two different scene within a week of each other is mighty fishy to me," he said, getting chills from the guy too.

Interacting with: Jeremy
OoOc: @TragicTrees

Derek walked away from Dmitry and checked his options. It seemed the mystery man was taking with a demon, a lanky man was being left alone but he remembered seeing someone talking to him before. He decided to go back outside, perhaps there was something outside he had missed... wait, he went to talk to Jeremy. " Excuse me, can I borrow a ladder?" He asked. He wanted a closer look at where the man had fallen out of.

Character: Jeremy Howes
Interacting with: Derek
OoOc: @LuckycoolHawk9

Jeremy, who had been watching the police, looked at Derek and frowned "Huh? What for? Just for reference, because I want to know where the ladder's going." He questioned, looking Derek over "I mean, I can give it to you, I just need information, for where it is and how tall it has to be, so.....yea. I have one in the back you can use. Well, multiple, but there should be at least one tall enough for whatever you're doing.

Interacting with: Cyril Haverford

"Well, that's hypocritical, considering you're doing the same." Cyril drawled, before waving a dismissive hand "But seriously, yes, you can go. Bye! Have fun doing.....whatever you do here. Which I bet isn't much, but hey, whatever." He flashed a smile, before going back to paying attention to the others running around the scene. They were certainly more interesting than some guy saying he'd 'keep an eye' on him. That was just annoying. The man seemed to have nothing actually substantial against Cyril, which made it more annoying.

"Right where it landed." Reginald confirmed with a slight nod "Right under the hole. Some people are already check'n it out, but I think the whole 'cause of death' thing is pretty obvious. An animal probably got in or somethin'. The guy looks like a robber to me; wrong place wrong time type of deal is what I'm think'n."

"Easier said than done he's not quite as sweet as a sticky bun" Neith hummed. Dauphin was dreadfully overprotective at times, and considering Neith had poisonous teeth and his were not quite as potent (as was the case with most men in her species) it seemed silly. She could probably do a better job protecting him than he could protect her, regardless, he was elder and that was just his way, she endured him and adored him in equal measure.
Dauphin rolled his eyes at her, far too used to her musical speech and her theatrics.

"You wouldn't oppose at all dear, my home is home to several ladies from all walks of life" of course Maeyris wouldn't need to become a prostitute to fit in, she was a welcome guest to stay in one of the upstairs rooms which wasn't used for business liasons. She was a friend, friends were welcome anytime.
"I always enjoy the company, but it is up to you, but do be careful, the limb-ripping sounds dreadfully gruesome. What limbs were torn? Did you see? Right or left arm?" it seemed an odd question, why would it matter which arm was torn off anyway.

"I'll tell my ladies to listen very closely and watch our guests very carefully, they may know more details soon and my little fishes do swim to me with their secrets. I've had them listening closely regarding the last murder as well, perhaps there are connections"

[/fieldbox]

Interacting with: Jeremy Howes
OoOc: @Tragictres

Derek noticed the frown on his face and he looked at him quite catiously, before he decided on his answer. " I wish to take a look into the ceiling to see if there is anything up there that the detectives, cops and others have missed.I feel that it is one of the major areas that needs to be covered too," he said, hoping that he had given a god enough reason for the man to allow him to borrow the ladder and look up in the ceiling too.

Interacting with: Cyril Haverford

Richard looked around, as he debated what he should do next, there was indeed the locked security room, but he was no thief or lock picker so that was ruled out. It seemed that there was no ladder to check the ceiing too. He looked around and thought about for a brief moment until he noticed that there was a back room, perhaps there was something there that he could see that the cops weren't investigating and that someone else hadn't come across either, as h would put it. He looked at the ground and wasnt quite sure what he might find.

Theodore paused as he doubted that. It wasn't every day that two murders had happened either. So, apparently, there was a dead thief, but that didn't answer the how of the matter or why it was done. " Is there any place that I can look out that might prove your theory?" He asked, as he wasn't sure what else he could say.

Interacting with: Derek ???
OoOc: @LuckycoolHawk9

"Aw, man." Jeremy mumbled, sighing and rubbing his head "I don't think you can, unfortunately. They haven't moved the body, so it's directly underneath the hole." He explain, seeming to be apologetic "And I don't think they want to move it. But they really didn't find anything else up there. I think just the body was stored. I mean, unless there's other stuff around the store ALSO in the ceiling, but I doubt whoever did this would do that, you know?"

The back room was a mess, though the cabinet still seemed to be closed. It didn't seem as if it had been checked yet. Other than this, there is quite the mess of blood, and a struggle definitely went on.

"I said I'm think'n, not that I got evidence. I honestly don't know what the hell went on." Reginald replied, shrugging "But, I'd check the guy. Might have something on him, you know? " There was a paused, before he went on "You know, I actually have seen 'm around before! Yea, yea, he went around with a buddy of his. Both of 'em went drinking on Saturdays, at the same bar I go to. You might get something out of his friend.

Character: Derek ???
Interacting with: Jeremy Howes,

Derek paused as he hadn't realized that the body was directly under the hold which made his plan next to impossible. He couldn't exactly move the body himself and that wasn't much. He paused when the man mentioned other things in the ceiling, perhaps some clues. " I haven't been surprised by the nature of people in the past, but it is entirely possible that they could have hidden objects in the other parts of the ceiling, so may I still have the ladder?" He asked.

Interacting with:N/A

Richard paused as he noticed that there was indeed a mess back here,there was some sort of struggle and a mess of blood. He noticed a closed cabinet and decided to investigate that, it seemed very suspicious to him.

Theodore noticed that he mentioned that it was only a theory. He went through the supernatural possibilites in his mind and his mind settled on other dragons or werewolves, both of which didn't bode well with him, these creatures were dangerous and he couldn't do anything in this form about them. " So, you believe that I can get something out which person?" He asked, wishing to be pointed in the right direction, he didn't want to waste his time.

[fieldbox="Frankie, hotpink, dashed"]Character: Frankie Taggart
Interacting with:

"Hmm... don't look like I can open these, but..." She paused, noticing the little blood splotch on the handle. "But what's that? Someone's been in here." She tried the handle again, ratting it. She could feel the owner lady looking at her, and decided that was enough for now. "I'll have ta come back to it later."

She stood up from where she was crouched and brushed off her knees, flashing a nervously apologetic smile to the owner, and headed over to the other side of the room. She caught a glimpse of the dismembered body and got a sudden flash of nausea, so she quickly turned her face away from that area of the crime scene and power-walked to the far wall. There was a door leading into the back, and she wanted to look back there, but it seemed to be locked, and she didn't want to get caught wiggling anymore locked door handles.

She touched her hand to her belt purse. There wasn't time nor space to pull out her deck, but she ran through the Major Arcana in her mind, thinking about what she could do in this situation. She finally settled on The Fool. She had no information or experience with these things, so all she could do was run blindly in and see what would happen. She had to take a chance.

When she was a child, she lived alone with her mother after her parents divorced and her dad moved back to England with her twin brother. Her mom had to work full time, and didn't exactly trust her with a key to their house, so she taught Frankie how to unlock the front door with a hairpin so she could get inside after school.

She looked around, carefully making sure that no one was watching her, and pulled a bobby pin (which she kept in case of bad hair emergencies) out of the front pocket of her purse. She turned around away from the door and leaned her back against it, feigning disappointment at being unable to get in, and nonchalantly slipped the bobby pin into the lock, fiddling with it without looking.[/fieldbox]

[Fieldbox="Ian, orange, dashed"]Character: Ian Stark
Area: Crime Scene Two
Interacting With: Bryan Howes, Jeremy Howes

"That's, uh, a pretty gruesome way of looking at things, but I suppose you're right. There's always gonna be crime..." He stood in silence a moment, looking thoughtful before shaking his head. "Well, now that I've seen this mess," he said, gesturing to the body, "I'm gonna go take a look around at everything else. Uh, nice talking to you."

As he walked away from the body and the man examining it, he looked around the room. He saw a man sitting in the corner, currently engaged in conversation with one of the other randos who had wandered in off the street, and thought, for a moment, that he saw some family resemblance between him and the guy he'd just been talking to. Out of curiosity, even though it wouldn't exactly further his goal, he decided to go talk to him.

"Hey," he said as he approached, raising one hand in a friendly wave. "You must be having a pretty busy day, huh?"[/fieldbox]

Interacting with: Derek ???, Ian Stark
OoOc: @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ezikeel

"Yea, go ahead." Jeremy replied to Derek, before turning to Ian with a sigh "Yea. You could say that. Though, I don't know if this is really busy. I haven't done much." He admitted, leaning back with a shrug "Bodies falling from the ceiling creates less work than you would think."

It's pretty firmly shut, even if bashed. There's something white sticking out from underneath it, though, as if it had been dropped while this was all going on. It's rectangular and thin, and can be assumed to be paper and cardboard. That's all that can be told until it's picked up.

Reginald jabbed a finger in the direction of the front window "He's outside. Three huge scars on the back of his neck, not hard to miss. 'S not brooding like I thought he would, considering his friend is outta touch with life right now." he said, shrugging a bit "Suspicious to me. Have fun with your chat."

Interacting with: Frankie Taggart

It seems to have worked, as there is soon a small 'click' heard, indicating it is now unlocked. All that's left to do is peek inside and see if there is anything worthwhile there. Maybe the red was simply just pain, but who knows, really?

Character: Derek ???
Interacting with: Jeremy Howes

Derek took the ladder and decided to ignore the other man, though he did catch the tail end of the conversation and set it up a few feet away from where the body was still lying. He climbed up there and attempted to remove the ceiling tiles, hoping that he would have found something of interest.

Interacting with: N/A

The cupboard was still shut and there was no way in hell that he was going to be able to get it open at the moment, but he did notice that something had fallen out when he had moved it. It seemed to be paper and cardboard, perhaps a letter or a sign. He picked it up and inspected it.

Theodore watched and noticed that he was pointing to the front window and hoped that he was going to get more than the fact that the man was outside. He smiled wen he mentioned that he seemed suspicious due to the scars on his neck. " Thank you," he said, heading off to find the man with the scars to talk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.