• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Character: Izzy Leonard
Area: Coffee Shop
Interacting with: Frankie Taggart
Owner of Other Character: @Ezikeel

Izzy was pulled out of his thoughts by the incoming customers, forced to remain on alert. 'I'm getting too distracted, I need to just focus.' The male whipped up a hearty smile and nodded to the customer in question. "Good evening Miss. One black coffee? Got it. May I have a name for that?" He keyed the order in to document it to the machine database and then grabbed a cup to set out for her.

The process of making a simple black coffee isn't difficult but Izzy was the type of person to make it a nice process. Usually he'd chat up the customer about their day or other small chit-chat related topics to smooth things along. Nobody truly enjoys awkwardly waiting for their coffee so he attempted to make it lighter.

"Thank you for dropping by, I know it's a hassle in the streets right now, what with all the downtown traffic." He gave her the premium beans for free since it was just a black coffee (something he liked to do anyways but shh, don't tell). The grinding was a little interruption but wasn't it always?

Reactions: Ezikeel
Character: Richard White
Area: Pawn Shop
Interacting with: Maeyris
Owner of character: @k-michelle412

Richard walked into the pawn shop, to some degree to talk to the owner and yet to the other to see what he could get off of the things for the creatures he had on him. He still had to see if the price of this tear had gone up. He kept it for sentimental reasons, but if it was going to be worth over 100,000 dollars why shouldn't he get paid what he was owed? He wanted to keep us his two work life seperate as he wasn't about to admit how he knew about certain things.

" Excuse me, miss, how much are mermaid tears or a mermaid tear going for on the market?" He asked. He may have come here way more times than he cared to admit to anyone either.

Character: Theodore Dragonheart
Area: Street
Interacting with: N/A
Owner of character: N/A

Theodore was trying to find one of the many city informants, he was having no luck.

The coffee shop was stiller than usual today, but there were still various people strewn about, chatting in hushed voices or just sitting still, the drinks untouched on the desk.

Most of them looked normal, perhaps a bit weirded out by the event that took place. But some, some looked uneasy and nervous, glancing ocassionally at the police, tapping their glasses nervously.

They seemed like they knew something. Perhaps you should approach one of them?

Charcter: Theodore Dragonheart
Interactions: none
name of owner: none

Theodore decided to look in the coffee shop, perhaps he could eavesdrop in a conversation or find one of those many scattered informants that were oh so helpful since death was as normal as breathing here.

Character: Maeyris
Interacting with: Richard
Owner: @LuckycoolHawk9

Maeyris looked up when she heard the door chime. Another customer. She floated over to the front counter. Eyes lighting in recognition. Richard. He had been there a few time before, enough to know him by name. At the mention of mermaid tears, Maeyris narrowed her eyes. "And what, may I ask, are you doing in possession of such a thing?" Alone, mermaid tears weren't all that powerful. They could do simple things like cure illnesses, restore youth, heal mortal wounds. However, when used in combination with things, things you could find in Maeyris's shop, they could become very powerful, even weaponized.

Now, Maeyris normally had no care in the world what passed through her doors. If humans got their hands on supernatural things that was just natures course, however, she made sure nothing too powerful lay in her shop. With the growth of Eyeris, Maeyris kept a keen eye out. If someone knew what they wanted, having mermaid tears could be dangerous.

[fieldbox="Frankie Taggart, hotpink, dashed"] Character: Frankie Taggart
Interacting With: Izzy
OoOC: @StarCaster

Frankie beamed at the young man behind the counter. She didn't have any kids of her own, but she'd always felt driven to be a mother to any young'n that crossed her path. "My name's Frankie, sugarpie," she said. "An' it ain't no trouble stoppin' in to such a cute little ol' shop as this! I was just a-lookin' for somewhere that wouldn't run off a silly ol' lady for layin' out some tarot cards. Maybe I could pull one for you, when I get myself all a-situated?"[/fieldbox]

Character: Serena Adair
Interacting With: Izzy, Frankie Taggart, Theodore Dragonheart
Owner(s) of Other Character(s): @StarCaster @Ezikeel @LuckycoolHawk9

As Izzy left to take care of the other customers at the shop, Serena sat at the counter and quietly began to eat her cinnamon roll. Looking around the shop, she noticed how uneasy most people looked, like they were constantly checking behind their backs. "And they should." Serena thought bitterly. With all the kidnappings and murders going on, every single person in the city should be on high alert. It was no wonder why the shop was brimming with tension from it's occupants.

Serena watched as a woman with short, bright red hair walked in and started talking to her brother. She had a look of forced confidence on her face, like she was on a mission but scared of what the results might be. Before the young hunter could eavesdrop more on the conversion between the colorful new customer and Izzy, a gust of cold wind bit at her heels as the coffee shop's door opened again.

In came the tallest man Serena had ever laid eyes on. Craning her head up to take a better look at the stranger, Serena noticed his red hair and bright blue eyes - a complete contrast to her own brown hair/brown eye combo. A red pendant hung around his neck, drawing her gaze to it's hypnotic ruby shine.
"Sorry Izzy, Serena thought. "I'm going to stay here for a while. Things just got interesting."

Character: Adrian Nassar
Interacting With: N/A
Other Character Owners: N/A

Adrian chuckled to himself as he made his way towards the coffee shop. "That was incredibly easy" he thought, "He never saw me coming" A smile stretched across his face. He often liked to go for a stroll after a successful score. He'd just stolen some rich prick's wallet, and now he was about 400$ richer. It was time to celebrate by spending some of it.

As he made his way closer and closer to the coffee shop he noticed a few cops inside and out, it was unusual for them to be here this late in the day.

He muttered to himself, "Curious..." He grinned a sly grin and stowed the cash in his pocket. "Let's see if we can't get some answers." he went in the shop and looked around, staying just out of sight behind other customers, trying to pick out any conversations that were interesting.

TRAGIC'S OPEN INFORMANTS

[fieldbox="Osena ? ? ?, fuchsia, dotted"]

Character: Osena ? ? ?
Area: Park
Owner(s) of Other Character(s): N/A

The park was beautiful. That was a well-known fact. It was probably the only REALLY decent part of the city, and it was the only part that a good amount of money went to. The head of city funds probably figured that it should have at least one good thing, to make up for the crimes that happened often. Flowers bloomed almost year 'round, and the trees were well taken care of. The pond was clean of debris, and the area for children wasn't rusty. It was a shame that Osena couldn't see any of it.

When they said love was blind, they weren't actually kidding. Osena was, and had been, blind in both eyes. She didn't mind it in all honesty. She could get around without sight quite fine. She just thought that the situation was rather funny. Currently, she was enjoying the parks general feel instead of it's looks. She sat upon one of the benches, walking stick in her lap and sun hat tidily on her head.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nina Reevis, teal, dotted"]

Character: Nina Reevis
Area: Street

Nina was bored to death. She thought she needed to work. Usually, she did. However, the boss-man had totally just let her off the hook. It was a bit annoying, to say the least. She ran a hand through her purple-dyed hair, groaning a bit to herself. Now, some people may enjoy a day off of work. Nina would, too, if it weren't the only thing she was used to doing. She did have another job, as a tattoo artist, but the studio was being redone, so therefore she wasn't needed. That left her just wandering aimlessly down the street, wondering what she could do right now. More coffee would probably make her sick, and all the other stores were crap in her point of view. She could go home, but 'home' was probably more boring than the street, as surprising as that might be. So, she just kept walking, hoping she would think of one thing or another to sate her boredom.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Jonathan Gates, olive, dotted"]

Character: Jonathan Gates
Area: Recent Crime Scene

Working at a morgue was a great job for someone like Jonathan. For one, he had a morbid curiosity about murder cases, and this easily helped him be satisfied. Another thing was that he could just take the victims souls and eat those. No one would be the wiser, and he didn't have to feel bad about anything. So, he enjoyed his job.

He might've enjoyed it a bit too much, though. He was working overtime at the moment, going as far as to go to recent crime scenes, since which had been opened to the public once more, and taking time to check them out. He, of course, found almost nothing. After all, police scoured the place before opening it back up; the chances that they missed something were slim. However, he didn't want things to go unnoticed forever if they were missed, and he didn't want to miss a possible suspect passing through the area once more. So, here he was, in a small antique shop, taking a look around for anything suspicious or interesting.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Ellis Farrell, orange, dotted"]

Character: Ellis Farrell
Area: C.H.I Office Building

Ellis Farrell loved helping people. Some found that a bit unusual, since his kind usually tricked people into deals, but he really did love to help others. He'd go out of his way to do things for people, in fact. It was his whole job and life style, and it had been for a little over 100 years. Beforehand, he hadn't cared as much, but now? He was always willing to go out and offer his services. That's why he started C.H.I up in the first place.

Right now, he was stuck doing paperwork up in his office. Which was no fun, but he couldn't avoid it. His door was open, as it usually was, but he wasn't sure if anyone was even on the floor this time of the day. He would have loved to get a little social interaction in, but it appeared that wasn't going to happen.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Hal Riggs, cyan, dotted"]

Character: Hal Riggs

Hal Riggs probably should've been working. But, he wasn't, and that was fine with him. Actually, he was getting chewed out over the phone at the moment, preventing him from eating the perfectly good pastry he had gotten. His friend, another hunter who was much more serious about everything, almost had a sense for when he wasn't working. He found it to be insane, because she would go out of her way to call him over it.

"Yes, Lori, I'll get back to it soon." He grumbled into the phone half-heartedly, rubbing the back of his neck where large, claw-like scar marks were visibly "No, Lori, I haven't spotted anything. Oh, yes, I'm paying attention, why wouldn't I be? Oh, would you look at the time, have to go, bye!"

He hung up rather abruptly, grimacing at the phone. Hal wasn't actually against creatures. He only went after the ones who did things wrong. In fact, some of the supernatural inhabitants of the city knew him, and even asked him for help at points. That's just how it was, and he didn't really mind. What he did mind was working every second of the day. He didn't know how long he had slept last night, but it wasn't enough for this.
[/fieldbox]

Interacting with: Frankie Taggart, Theodore Dragonheart, Adrian "Thorn" Nassar
Owner of Other Character: @Ezikeel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Elfie

Izzy just sort of smiled at her. The colorful woman had given off some kind of gradient vibe that just made their little space seem brighter. "Well actually I do have a break I can take, but it won't be for a little while." He mused at the idea of card reading. To him it always seemed like some exotic thing that people did and gained money for, but there was always this air of mystery to it at the same time. It didn't help that despite his knowledge on the subject, the supernatural always interested him. He just loved a good solid mystery.

Another man arrived in the cafe, amazingly tall with the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. He looked similar to an actor Izzy once saw on the television but for some reason he couldn't remember more. 'He's taller than I am...' The male thought in quiet admiration, 'It must be beautiful to see the world from above.'

The tall brunette finished off the coffee and handed it to her, "If you're still here by then I would love to continue our conversation. I'm sorry I can't join you now, but it seems like we're getting busy, I hope you don't mind." he never liked putting people off of rejecting them but at a time like this it was the responsible thing to do. People were coming in and he needed to serve them. As if on cue, yet another person walked in. 'Where are all these people coming from? This is exciting.'

"Hello and welcome to the cafe!" He called out with a bright smile to the two new arrivals. The expressions and body language might have suggested that they'd be busy but it was Izzy's job to say hello to everyone that enters. Customer policy and genuine manners.

Interacting With: Izzy Leonard
Owner of Other Character: @StarCaster

Adrian turned to the barista who had welcomed him. It was strange hearing such an inviting voice pierce the tension in the air. He couldn't help but smile. Slowly, he turned on his heel and started towards the counter, removing his hood in the process. He had a swagger in his step, like he knew exactly what he was doing.

True, he could skulk around the shop and pick up pieces of any of the other conversations, or he could ask the one person who might have seen something peculiar.

He was able to pick out a couple bits on information, however. The most notable being someone on the phone with "Lori". "Spotted something? Spotted what?" he thought. While there was a small chance he was an extremely disgruntled bird watched, Adrian figured there was more behind the conversation, but he payed it no mind. He truly relished his ability to simply blend in with a crowd. And despite his abilities, no one ever had to know, even the hunters-- unless if course they found a way to make him transform... Nah that'd just be ridiculous.

Adrian shoved those thoughts aside and focused on the barista. "Hey," he leaned on the counter and said as he pretended to browse the menu behind Izzy, "What do you have that's good?". His green eyes pierced the poor man, trying to make him talk.

"This could go one of two ways," he thought, "the little nerd would give up something interesting or I could have a bitch of a time getting a single cup of coffee." Really either way he wasn't going to "lose".

Interacting with: Adrian "Thorn" Nassar
Owner of Other Character: @Elfie

The man who walked up to the counter was in some odd way, amazing. He had an air of confidence about him that just spread. Izzy was delighted to see him.
"We have several premium coffee beans available but my personal favorite is the double chocolate chip mocha frap. It's pretty cheap too." He leaned a little closer and smiled, "But it is very busy, maybe something like an ice tea would help." Izzy wasn't too keen to figuring out when people wanted something, he was more of the "please be direct with me" type of people. Maybe he was a little thick.

There was indeed a lot happening today. customers talking loudly on the phone, a tall man looking for something(?), his sister of all people (who was checking out everyone, he might add), a beautiful fortune-telling lady, and now one more person. Maybe it was because of what his friend Wallace said earlier.

The words replayed in his head, "Izz, June is a big month okay? The planets are lining on the ecliptic and weird things are gonna happen. You watch yourself man, I shiver to think at what the universe is gonna throw at you. Later!"

The "ecliptic" wasn't a term he was familiar with, but Izzy had grouped it into more planetary mystery, like the zodiac signs and planet readings and all that. He wasn't too sure if any of that stuff was real or not, but from all the things Izzy had seen in his life he knew that anything was possible.

Interacting With: Izzy Leonard
Owner of Other Character: @StarCaster

Adrian nodded glanced over at the menu once more. "You know what? Surprise me."

As Izzy set to work, Adrian glanced around the coffee shop. There was a couple people who caught his eye, he couldn't help but wonder if the barista knew anything about them. But first, the tension had to be addressed because clearly something happened close by.

Adrian turned back to, the now busy, Izzy and asked, "What's going on around here? I'm new in town, but it really seems like everyone's a little..." He struggled to think of the appropriate word, "On edge?"

Owner: @k-michelle412

Richard watched as she reacted to him ringing the doorbell and she floated over to the counter and he looked down on her. She seemed to remember her and he was never sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing for what you are doing. He noticed her eyes narrow and he answered her. " A mermaid allowed me to have it," he said, as he wasn't about to tell the whole truth, that was a story he didn't share unless you were a close friend of him and he knew what it could do but he didn't care. He just wanted some cash and he knew that she gave the fairest legal price in the city, selling in the black market was fine.

She obviously was concerned about Eyeris, a growing concern for the city since people weren't sure what to make it. They were trying to expose all of the supernatural to the mortals and that was bad, mortals barely knew what to do for their worlds and he didn't want them to muddle up his domain. " So, what is the price to sell or buy?" He asked her yet again.

Character: Theodore Dragonheart
Area: Coffee shop
Interacting with: Serena Adair
Owner: @GinjaNinja

Theodore watched as all of the eyes in the cafe were fixed on him. He hadn't gone bipolar yet, so that only left one logical reason for there to be this way. They were amazed by his height and looking up on him. The girl seemed to be taking in his appearance like his ruby necklace, a gift from his family early on. " Hi," he said, walking over to Serena. He needed to talk first to get any information and befriending hunters made them know that you were friendly.

Area: pawn shop

Maeyris heaved a sigh. She lowered her gaze to the counter. "I can't," she sighed. She didn't want to say no but it was too dangerous. "You should hide that and tell no one you have it. Ever. Again," she said seriously. There was no telling who was on what side. Especially when it came to her store, Maeyris had to be extra careful about what she took in. Maeyris knew she was missing out on a big profit but to her it wasn't worth it.

"You should go," she sighed. She led Richard to the door, eyeing those who passed by. "If you know what's good for you, you'll keep that tear a secret." She was sure to keep her voice low enough so only Richard and herself could hear.

Owner: @k-michelle412

Richard didn't notice how she was sighing and knew that was code for something. He listened to her as she mentioned that he should hide the tear and not to mention it to anyone ever again. He could keep it a secret, the only other person who knew was dead- and two people can keep a secret as long as one of them was dead. He looked at her and decided to place something else on the table, a little werewolf's claw. He needed commission from something.

"Well, I guess I will be going, thanks for nothing," he said, keeping up a facade of being angry with her. He took a deep breath as he tucked the tear under his shirt. If anyone asked, he would tell them that it was a necklace too. He took a deep breath. Time to go and get a cup of coffee.

Maeyris followed Richard to the door. She nodded to him politely as she watched him go. Once he was out of eyesight, Maeyris locked her door and turned her open sign to closed. She hurried to the back, dropping her elegant robes and pulled on her thick coat. Much to her chagrin, Maeyris pulled on black boots and headed to the door. She stepped out into the cold air, glancing side to side. Not often did Maeyris venture out but this could be an important issue.

Interacting with: Osena
Owner: @TragicTrees

Richard had lied to Maeyris as he didn't trust her and he decided to go to the park since he knew who he could find. He could find the blind goddess of love and it wasn't normal for a mortal to approach one, but when things happened like that he had to find things out. " So what do you have this time, Osena?" He asked, as he approached her. He was fine with talking with a goddess of love out in the open since anyone would rationalize he was asking for love advice or trying to pick a blind woman up and either worked.

Character: Osena ? ? ?
Interacting with: Richard White
Owner of Other Character: @LuckycoolHawk9

Osena paused a moment, before sighing "Oh, it's you again." She said tiredly, leaning back "You know, you've got to TELL me what you want to know in particular. I don't just hang around crime scenes, darling." She shrugged a bit "What are you looking for? Because I might not have anything on it."

And that was true. In the case of trying to find information on crimes, Osena wasn't the best choice. For one, she WAS blind; that tended to hinder any useful observations. She also tended to hang around the park, more often then not, and it wasn't a very active place. That, for the most part, is why she stayed there. Unless explicitly asked about a specific person or thing, she wouldn't be able to just spew out information.

Interacting with: Osena ? ? ?
Owner of Other Character: @TragicTrees

Richard sometimes forgot that he frequented the park and the pawn shop so much that people recgonized him by his voice. He still wasn't used to do that and he knew that for now. He wasn't sure what he was looking for besides information. He had no perfect opinion or comeback for that line she had told him.

He knew that she didn't do crime scenes since she was blind. Obviously, she didn't know the identity of the head of Eyeris since she was blind too. It seemed that the park was empty, so he couldn't ask about people who might be evil. " Have any new species cropped up or anyone just enter town?" He asked, as it seemed that people sometimes just stumbled into this city without thinking about what was going to happen. He took a deep breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.