Status
Not open for further replies.
Character: Serena Adair
Area: Coffee Shop
Interacting With: Theodore Dragonheart
Owner(s) of Other Character(s): @LuckycoolHawk9

Serena was pulled out of her fixation with the ruby necklace when the tall redhead greeted her. "Good, I love not having to break the ice" she thought as he walked over to her. Taking in his appearance again, she noted that this guy could be one of three things:
A) He was some supernatural who decided to start small talk with the WRONG person; B) He was a human who was in possession of a supernatural object (Serena had seen many magical objects before, and that necklace screamed hocus-pocus); or C) He was just some regular....ok, fairly attractive guy just wanting a cup of coffee and a chat.

She really hoped it wasn't option C - Serena really needed something interesting to do, and she wasn't one to chat up random hot guys.
"Hi," she smiled softly up at the stranger. "Want a seat?" She asked, gesturing to the stool next to her at the counter.

Character: Theodore Dragonheart
Area:Coffee Shop
Interacting with:Serena Adair
Owner: @GinjaNinja
The very first that Theodore noticed was that she had not stared into his eyes or even at him, but his ruby necklace. It was going to be one of those conversations. He knew when somehow did that, they knew or suspected things . He saw three clear options A) She was a normal mortal fascinated by hot guys and pretty jewelry, he had met that type. B) She was a friendly hunter who wouldn't kill him- unlikely or C) She was a conservationist or unfriendly hunter. That seemed to be the clear winner.
He honestly would hope for the best, but he always could fall back on his ice if he had too. He couldn't exactly set the cofee shop on fire no matter how much she tried to kill him.
"I wouldn't mind a seat," he said sitting down. "I'm Theodore and you would be?" If he dropped his last name, well it might get ugly.

Interacting With: Theodore Dragonheart
Owner(s) of Other Character(s): @LuckycoolHawk9

"Serena" she replied, keeping eye contact with the stranger, now named Theodore. Looking over her shoulder she overheard a phone conversation come to an abrupt end, the man glaring at his now inactive phone like it was growing another head. Now this guy had the tell-tale scars of a hunter. How did she not notice him before? "Damn." Serena thought. "I'm really off my game."

Glancing back Theodore, now sitting beside her, she pretended to be more interested in her cinnamon roll. Calm. Cool. Collected.

"You new to the city? Or just trying out new coffee joints? I'm afraid I haven't seen you around before."

[fieldbox="Dixie Higgins, #DAF7A6, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]Character: Dixie Higgins
Area: On the street, heading to work
Interacting With: Nina Reevis
Owner of Other Character(s): @TragicTrees

Higgins pace was brisk as he made his way down the sidewalk. He was in a foul mood about having to show up for his late shift - at Sonny's Bar & Grill: "the best 5 star place in midtown-shit-city" - early because one of his low-life coworkers had to visit the hospital. Just in time for the dinner rush, apparently. Not only that, but he was running late; some streets were blocked off, teeming with cops. Having to take some backstreets, Higgins hastily jogged his way between buildings until he was back on track.

Sonny, some scummy blue collar with a mild hobby for running bars, was going to have a blast wringing his neck if he dared to leave the place understaffed for longer than necessary. Higgins figured that the establishment was well liked enough by enough people to make it necessary for him to pick up his pace. Plus he liked to live without fear of his boss bearing down on him or firing him. Getting canned now would definitely put a damper on his already unstable living situation.

Taking one more turn, Higgins was on the home stretch! Only to find another gaggle of cops blocking his way. Seriously, what was with all these checkpoints? Feeling uncomfortable by the sheer amount of badges, the young werewolf pivoted on a heel and started to move, eyes still on the cops, until he bumped into some chick heading in the opposite direction.

"Oh, shi--" he caught himself, snapping his trap shut before trying again. "You alright, lady? I didn't shake ya' too bad, right?"

His tone was worried but that might have been because he still wasn't too far from the authorities. With all the disappearances and murders happening, there's no telling what a suspicious cop would do.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Evelyn Turner, #ABEBC6, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]Character: Evelyn Turner
Interacting With: Izzy
Owner of Other Character(s): @StarCaster

The coffee shop wasn't exactly the place she wanted to be. Her stop by the pawn shop was short upon seeing the closed sign hung up in the window, so now here she was, lingering by the door in a tense room full of coffee. It sure was busy in here. The girl adjusted the strap of her backpack on her shoulder as she waited for her turn at the counter.

Looking around, she found plenty of colorful folk. An incredibly tall guy beside some agent looking lady at the counter, another woman in bright gradients, a few other anons just tapping their mugs. With all these grim faces (mostly) Evelyn kind of felt like leaving. But she was already in line and a frappuccino would probably be worth the awkwardness.

So the young girl tapped the strap of her bag and vaguely wished she hadn't brought her lap top. After all her research, she couldn't even ask the pawn shop lady if her lead on a magic book was true! The odds of the lead bearing any fruit were low - since magic was a work of fiction, at least in her experience - but it would have been cool to at least get some information. The first time Evelyn found that shop was a fond experience but, ever since, she'd browsed the aisles blindly like a tourist in a foreign country. But the owner seemed to know her stuff and that was why the girl kept visiting.

But the place was closed and now Evelyn had nothing to do but waste time or work.. and that sounded awful at the moment.

Once it was her turn in line, she gave the barista an easy smile.

"Hey! I'd like to get a caramel frappuccino and a warm croissant, please?" Looking around the place, she made for some idle chit chat. "It sure is busy this time of day, huh? You'd figure most people would be at work!"
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: GinjaNinja
[fieldbox="Frankie Taggart, hotpink, dashed"]Character: Frankie Taggart
Interacting With: N/A
OoOC: N/A

Frankie cheerfully sat herself down at a table with her coffee, leaving it alone for the time being to cool off. While she waited to be able to drink, she undid the lock on the front of her belt pouch with a tiny key on her bracelet and pulled out two objects: a folded purple cloth embroidered with symbols in gold, and a leather pouch. She unfolded the cloth very slowly and deliberately, almost as though it were a ritual; the innermost corner at the bottom left and situated in the center of her table, unfolding the top layer from the bottom as though it were a book, and then pulling the remaining layer toward herself. She placed her hands delicately on either side of the center crease and smoothed outward, with a look of intense concentration on her face.

None of this was strictly necessary, mind you. The cards would work regardless. But it was an important part of the process for her, if she were going to be reading for other people. It got her into the right mindset for interpreting the cards in a way that a layperson would understand.

With her reading cloth properly laid out, she unlatched the front of the leather pouch, which was old and worn and unadorned, and folded the lid back. The pouch was about the width of her palm, and about twice as long as it was wide. From within it, she carefully removed a deck of pitch black cards with beautifully gilded edges. They were so black that they almost seemed to eat the light which shined upon them; except, of course, for the brilliant golden edges and the similarly luminescent images on the fronts.

She carefully cradled the deck in her left hand, the hand of power, and knocked sharply on the back three times with the middle knuckle of her left hand. Then, she began to shuffle. Over and over again she shuffled, and would do so until someone noticed and approached her for a reading. The ones who wanted one would always notice.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Osena ? ? ?, fuchsia, dotted"]

Character: Osena ? ? ?
Place: Park
Interacting with: Richard White
Owner of Other Character: @LuckycoolHawk9

Osena smiled a bit "No one you need to know about, dear." She said, before pausing a moment with a frown, leaning back in her seat "Well, maybe. There are some people coming around soon, though. Which is odd, considering that for the most part, people avoid this place like the plague." She hummed a bit, fiddling with her cane "If I had to guess, I would say that they're hunters. That's about it, though."

Not a lot of people came to town. Osena even knew that much. After all, who would want to come to this place? The people who were already here stayed, but that was about it. Unless you had a death wish or a job offer, whether that was hunting or not, you just didn't come. Even supernatural creatures avoided it; it was dangerous no matter who you were.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nina Reevis, teal, dotted"]

Character: Nina Reevis
Place: Street
Interacting With: Dixie Higgins
Owner of Character: @UnsafeSpaces

Nina stumbled back a bit in slight surprise, eyeing the man in front of her a bit warily at first. Then, she flashed a grin, worries seeming to fade almost immediately. Actually, truth be told, she found it amusing that this guy asked if she was alright. Which, of course she was. Her coffee was safe, she hadn't fallen, life was good. And now that this guy was here, she actually had something to do today. All in all, a good few moments for her.

"Hey, hey, it's alright, I don't care. You certainly aren't the most shocking thing I've ever seen, bucko." She said nonchalantly, shrugging a bit "Where are you off to in a hurry, huh? Got some lady or man waiting for you at a dinner or something? Miss'n work?" Nina looked him up at down casually, but it was more in a manner of gauging who he was than anything else. She had to say, she was curious about this guy. Of course, she'd be curious about anyone who bumped into her; this guy was just the unlucky recipient of her attention.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Dixie Higgins, #DAF7A6, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]Character: Dixie Higgins
Area: On the street, heading to work
Owner of Other Character(s): @TragicTrees

You just never could tell what kind of interactions you were gonna get with strangers in a town like this. Normally he'd anticipate getting stabbed in some back alleyway before expecting some girl to chat him. Yet, here he was, watching some stranger lady look him up and down, asking about his day because of some accidental misstep.

"Actually, I am runnin' to work," he offered with a thin smile. He wasn't so much as rude as he was just... not expecting this kind of treatment from a stranger. The accumulated number of times he'd been yelled at by people he'd met on the streets added up to his slight insecurity now.

"I got called in - short notice - and I'd be on time if, well--" Higgins gestured in the vague direction of the checkpoint hindering his progress. Honestly, he shouldn't be wasting his time talking to strangers either but literally anything was better than being at work. Especially on his day off! So why not make her a little less of a stranger? Just for the sake of the excuse he'd have to give his boss later. "My name is Higgins, by the way. Figure you should know the name of the doof who almost, um, spilled your coffee."
[/fieldbox]

Character: Nina Reevis
Place: Street
Interacting With: Dixie Higgins
Owner of Character: @UnsafeSpaces

"No hard feelings." She assured, waving a dismissive hand "My name's Nina. Nina Reevis. Tattoo artist, among other things." She smiled once more, placing her free hand in her pocket "So! Guess I should let you go, huh? I mean, unless you want a lil shortcut around the checkpoints. I know a few, if ya like."

And she did. More than a few, if she were being honest. For personal reasons, she had found ways to maneuver around them; Boss Man would also get a bit annoyed if she wasn't on time, so there was also that. Overall, it was for her benefit that she was sneaking about. She never liked people checking through her belongings anyway.

And, hey, what's wrong with sharing helpful information, right? It was better than standing around doing nothing. As of right now, she didn't give a shit who she spent her time with, it just needed to be SOMEONE. A random stranger was a odd choice, but it wasn't as if she had any actual friends lying about. So, this guy, 'Higgins', would have to do for now.

[/fieldbox]

Character: Theodore Dragonheart
Interacting With: Serena Adair
Owner(s) of Other Character(s): @GinjaNinja

Serena, that was an interesting name for a girl and he wasn't sure what to say next. He wasn't about to reveal he was a dragon, so he took a moment to notice where she was looking and saw the man getting off the phone- that was interesting to say the least bit. He was happy she hadn't tried to kill him yet which meant that she didn't notice he was a dragon in the slightest too as h would put it.

Theodore looked at her and wondered if she really thought he was that gullible, but he wasn't about to bring that up. Stay calm, stay normal, don't become Stone Cold, don't turn into a dragon.

" I work mostly in my apartment and rarely go out and usually go to a coffee shop closer to home," he said to her. It wasn't a lie.

Character:Richard White, Lucian Ward
Place: Park
Interacting with: Osena ? ? ?, Ricard White, Lucian Ward
Owner of Other Character: @TragicTrees

Richard hated it when the goddess was vague like that. What happened if that person who came here wanted to kill him or something? He paused when she said that people was coming here, that as a good thing to know. He wasn't about to answer the fact that the goddess wasn't certain and that made him worried too. He hoped that didn't mean that more hunters had found out that this was a magic hot spot too.

Richard noticed something out of the corner of his eye, there seemed to be wallets floating for a brief second before sinking into the shadows. Well, that was weird enough by its own right. A teen slinked out of the shadows and started to count the money. " One thousand seventy five dollars for me, zero for the rest of the chumps," he said. He had never seen that kid again. He turned to Osena. " He wouldn't happen to be one of them," he said.

If Richard was paying attention, he would notice that the same shadow hand was looking for Osena's wallet.

[Fieldbox="Ian Stark, orange, dashed"]Character: Ian Stark
Area: Park
Interacting With: Osena, Richard, Lucian
OoOC: @TragicTrees @LuckycoolHawk9

It was windy out, and looked like it might start to rain soon. This suited Ian just fine. That just meant it would get darker sooner.

Most days, Ian wasn't out of the house until evening, but today his mom and her boyfriend were screaming at each other, so he decided to slip out early before the asshole decided he was a better target. He was mostly just biding his time until it got dark and he could go out and do his "job".

Since it wasn't terrible out, he decided to waste some time taking a wander through the park. There wasn't a whole terrible lot going on, which also suited him fine. He didn't much care for people. In fact, the only two people he saw were some dude and the beautiful lady he was talking to. He idly noticed that she seemed to be blind.

He was all set to not pay them any mind, when something else caught his eye.

It wasn't exactly common knowledge that there were people in town who weren't human, but when you spent as much time as he did running around in the night, you learned some things. And it certainly seemed to him like there was a hand reaching out of the shadows to nick that blind lady's wallet.

He may have been a thief himself, but at least he was a thief with honor, who wouldn't steal from a freakin' blind lady. He liked to think of himself as a sort of Robin Hood. Take from the rich, give to his mama. Of course, she didn't know (and never would, if he had his way) that that's where the money came from.

Being just a normal human, and not looking to get into a fight with... whatever was over there (if his eyes weren't playing tricks on him), he decided to approach the situation a little more indirectly. He walked over near them and called out mildly, from a few feet away, "Hey, ma'am? Looks like you're about to lose your wallet, there. Oughta keep that more firmly tucked away, the way things are 'round here."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]EVENT 1:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Little Bookshop of Horrors[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]12:00 PM, June 6th, 2016[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weather: Sunny[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
4643090649_e5f9e79fab_b.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]C.H.I Workers:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Calls in the afternoon aren't all that surprising. Actually, any calls weren't unusual. The amount of activity in the city led to an almost constant workload. Usually, such calls, or texts depending on the day, had actual information. They had the people involved, a place, what was wrong. Well, most of the time. This time, it was simply an address, sent to employees over text.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]105 Southbrook[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]That was it. That was all they got. It wasn't from the usual number, either; the number was unknown, and the only linking it to C.H.I employees is that only they got it, and ALL of them got it. Suspicious, but not really something to focus on at the moment[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]There appears to be a commotion at the bookshop, but it isn't clear what it's about. It's obviously a crime, but this one appears to have more of a buzz around it; caution tape is around the scene, as well as police. Bystanders stand off to the side. It might be interesting to check out, connected to the supernatural or no.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Crime Scene:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A bookshop is where everything is happening. It's small, and has large shop windows, but the windows are covered with curtains from the inside. They only are opened once the shop is, which would indicate this was done during the night.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The victim is the owner of the bookshop. Olivia Wells was a 36 year old shop owner, and while she wasn't too well-known to everyone, people who loved books certainly knew her. She seemed to be able to get any book for you, no matter how obscure it was.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Right now, though, she can't find anything, seeing how dead she is. She's laying in the middle of the floor, and, surprisingly, there isn't a drop of blood around her. Or in her, for that matter. Two puncture holes are in her neck, and she appears to be missing all her organs. The witness, who told about the scene, then complained that she practically choked on cobwebs while in here. There's a lack of anything to indicate there was a struggle, other than some papers on the floor, which makes it more look like Olivia was dragged out from behind the desk to the middle of the floor. Actually, the victim seemed to have died peacefully, if anything. Her eyes are closed, so either they were closed before she died, or the criminal closed them for her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The front door was locked, but the back door was wide open. The witness, an employee there, states that it was always locked, so it had to have been done with a lockpick.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Things to Check Out:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-Check the body, but there [/BCOLOR]already appears to be a man doing that[BCOLOR=transparent]. He seems to be messing around with it a bit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-Check around the area.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-Question the witness-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]a girl who is currently by the counter of the shop((played by chillin, and, if they aren't there, I will take over))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-A [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]man is nearby[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], watching the scene with veiled amusement and a morbid curiosity. Beside him is [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Nina Reevis[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], and he's walking a big, bulky dog on a leash.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-A woman stands off to the side[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], watching everyone scurry about. She seems a bit calm for a murder scene.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Things to Note:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Welcome to the first event of Eyeris. Truth be told, you don't have to solve this case, or any of the others. You can find information without it. But, you can actually solve these, though the clues are scarce and you may need to make a few jumps.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This event can run as long as you all need, and then free time will begin again. In this, though, you can talk to new suspects, old suspects, and even attempt to solve the crime. Every time you meet a suspect, the information you know will get put into the OOC first post for future reference, and the informant you can go to for more information will be labelled. If there's any questions, feel free to ask, as I'm sure I missed a few things.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What You've Learned So Far:[/BCOLOR]

!!!New Information!!!
The BOLD indicates various clues you can find from witnesses and random people!

-Nina seemed to know something was going to happen

-You've met CYRIL HAVERFORD

-NINA REEVIS is his informant

-You've met Maisy Anders! Informant is UNKNOWN

-Well. There's a demon in the room, apparently

-Maisy has some knowledge of C.H.I

-Maisy was the first witness

-Cyril knows what murdered Olivia (MAJOR)

-Olivia Wells, apparently, has been dead for weeks, and Cyril knows something about it. (MAJOR)

-You've met 'Callie', a New suspect.

-'Callie's informant is Osena​

Last edited:
Character: Kael Archer
OoOC: @TragicTrees

Kael walked down the street away from the pawn shop, and it's mysterious owner. It was frightening just how much she knew. Did she know what he was? Should he go back? Surely she at least figured out that he wasn't a human. These thoughts swirled around in Kael's mind for the next few blocks before coming across a truly surprising sight at the bookstore.

From where he stood, he could make out the crime scene tape that lined his favorite bookstore. Nothing appeared out of place on the exterior, save for the tape, but something was clearly wrong. Off to the side he could make out the woman he always made coffee for. "Was Nina her name?" he thought, "Nina." He hurried over to the woman who appeared to be very mentally invested in what was happening. Kael paid no attention to the man next to her or the dog he was walking.

"Excuse me, " he asked the woman, "Do you know what happened?" Kael's expression had "concern" painted all over it. He held his purchases from the pawn shop close to his chest.

Character:Nina Reevis
Area: Crime Scene 1
Interacting With: Kael Archer
Other Character Owner: @Elfie

Nina looked over, before grinning "Yea. Bookshop owner was murdered last night, dude!" she said, gesturing to the scene "Man, I was wondering when something would happen this morning. Glad I was nearby." She leaned on the barrier between her and the door, sighing "It's a shame, though, you know? I liked her, talked with her a lot."

Before she could say more, the man elbowed her lightly. He was wearing a white button-up shirt, a black tie, a pair of black jeans, old ratty sneakers, and a old grey trench coat. His hair was a dark brown and basically a mass of curls, which framed his olive-toned face. He was tall, about 5'10, and with the stubble he had and clothing, the only thing that even made him look vaguely threatening was the large, black, wolf-like dog he held on a leash next to him.

"Nina, Nina." He scolded, tutting "I am trying to watch and listen, it's getting interesting. Well, it has been interesting, but seeing them run around is funny, and hearing the conversations is even better."

Nina groaned, rubbing her head "Alright, Cy, I'll keep it down." She glanced back at Kael, and, in a quieter tone, said "Can't be too loud. Anyway, yea. Organs gone, blood gone! Pretty neat trick, on the criminals part."[/fieldbox]

!!!New Information!!!
The BOLD indicates various clues you can find from witnesses and random people!

-Nina seemed to know something was going to happen
-You've met CYRIL HAVERFORD
-NINA REEVIS is his informant

Kael heard what she said, he understood it, but he simply couldn't believe it. Olivia was a good friend of Kael's and it was there he started his search of self-discovery that ultimately lead him to the pawn shop. He confided in her things that no one else knew, save for his friend Izzy. From what he knew, Olivia was a kind and gentle spirit. She would never harm anyone.

Mrs. Reevis certainly seemed very entertained, which angered Kael a great deal, but his curiosity overpowered his anger. Without a "goodbye" he brushed past Nina and her friend, making his way down to the bookstore. Kael had to see it with his own eyes, if his friend was dead he needed to see her. He managed to peek past the curtains that shielded the store from the sun's rays and what he came upon was exactly as Nina had told him.

Olivia-- or what used to be Olivia, lay sprawled across the floor and empty. Void of organs, blood, nothing you'd ever imagine to be missing from a corpse.

Kael's heart dropped. His stomach turned. He was speechless. All he could do was look on in horror at the scene that lay before him. Tears started to well up in his eyes, though he did his best to try and fend them off. "Something did this." he thought, "This wasn't an ordinary crime." He clutched his belongings tightly. He'd spent a good amount of his life reading on supernatural beings, trying to figure out what he was. But even if he could figure out what did it, how could he possibly figure out the what?

His thoughts flew a mile per minute inside his head, but all he could think coherently was, "Oh my god she's dead..."

[fieldbox="Cyril Haverford, red, dotted"]

Character: Cyril Haverford
Interacting with: Kael Archer
Owner of Other Character: @Elfie

Cyril puffed out his cheeks a bit, and his eyes flickered over to Nina "Mm. He's a charmer, ain't he? How rude! Just walked right by. I didn't even hear a name in your conversation." He grumbled, running a hand through his hair "Pretty-boy seems down, though. Hold onto Rufus, darling! I'm going to go say hi to that man, he seems interesting. And involved! I love involved." He flashed a smile, handing over the leash to Nina "Be careful with him, Reevis! He's good, but he'll bite."

Nina rolled her eyes "Yea, boss-man, got it. Go do...whatever you're planning to do here." She replied, re-positioning the leash in her hand. She watched as Cyril hopped over the boundary, approaching Kael in eager strides.

"So! Did you know her?" Cyril asked once directly behind the man. He looked over the body "Certainly not a normal murder, wouldn't you say? Mmhm, I'd say that. Neatly cut, and all the organs are gone. Of course, I can't say anything here, I didn't know her. Well, I met her once. That was all. No emotional connection, can't say I don't feel bad about that. What I am interested in, however, is how she was completely drained." He paused, before holding out a hand "Cyril Haverford. Sorry for your loss, kiddo, but I'm certain you want to figure this out, hm? You seem invested. I can help with that!" After saying this, he winked for effect.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Interacting With: Cyril Haverford

Kael stared at Olivia's corpse, unable to take his eyes off it as he replied, "She was my friend." he rubbed his eyes as a vain attempt to not cry, "There isn't anyone in the world who'd be angry at her."

Cyril's words woke something deep within Kael. He wanted to find who was responsible for Olivia's death. The unfamiliar desire for vengeance washed over him. His eyes glowed a little brighter like candles as he looked back over to Cyril, "You're right, I am invested. And if you're interested in figuring this out, count me in."

Character: Izzy Leonard
Interacting with: Adrian "Thorn" Nassar, Evelyn Turner
Owner of Other Character: @Elfie @UnsafeSpaces

'New in town' was the phrase that Izzy just kept on hearing. He never quite understood the appeal of coming to this city, what with the strange things happening and.. other activities. Perhaps it was because the city was a so-called "city of opportunity' and held much for people. It's true that the rent in some places were dangerously low, but that was also because the tenants were always in danger.

"You know, I'm not sure just what is going on. It's usually not this busy.." He began to fill out an order and gave the man his total, continuing with the transaction. Right after that Izzy began to make his drink while looking around. Everything is strange, yes, but isn't it his job to alleviate the weirdness? "Maybe there's some kind of event happening close by. I remember that one time the theater down the road was having an opera. I was swamped that day, had to call in two others just to accommodate all of the people wanting their evening coffee." He stirred in the sugar and topped it off with whipped cream. It smelt like vanilla bean. "But hey, if anyone knows anything around here, it'd have to be my sister Serena. She's the pretty girl right there." Izzy handed him the coffee and pointed to his sister across the room. She looked particularly nice today.

Another girl walked in and Izzy narrowed his eyes in the slightest. She was the same height as him which caught his interest. "Hello and welcome!" The smile came back instantly, as always, and attended to her as he would anyone else. "Coming right up."

He started on her coffee, momentarily forgetting to ask her name. "You're right but it also isn't strange because there are always people working. I mean, just look at me." He made a gesture with his hands to emphasize his apron. "I guess some people just have days off and others dont."

The brunette popped a croissant into the oven to heat up while he made the lady her coffee. This one was easy enough, he's done it so many times that it's almost like auto-pilot. There wasn't much else for him to say, as some conversations are just chit-chat, but he would occasionally look up at her to smile. Customer service is always Number 1.

He forked over the coffee and quietly returned to his station, cleaning up some of the messy prep work. It was getting warm in that cafe.

Character: Adrian Hassar
Interacting with: Serena Adair, Theodore Dragonheart
Owner of Other Character: @GinjaNinja @LuckycoolHawk9

Ok, so trying to talk up the incredibly busy barista wasn't the best plan he'd ever had. He payed for his drink, left the barista with a simple "Thank you for the drink" and walked away. "His sister, huh?" The barista had pointed her out mid-sentence, and she was quite the sight. The girl was talking to a very tall gentleman with a jeweled necklace, but then again he didn't matter to Adrian.

He made his way over to the girl and sat right next to her and angled himself away from the (obscenely tall) man and said to her, "Your brother over there," his eyes gestured to Izzy and back to Serena, "said you knew what there was to do around the city..."

Adrian pulled out his smartphone and pulled up news article, "But it turns out I might have an adventure for you." The headline read, "LITTLE BOOKSHOP OF HORRORS" and was constantly updating on the murder of Olivia Wells near the town bookstore. However, the murder headline wasn't the most interesting thing about the article. A picture near a recent update showed a profile view of, who Serena recognized as, Kael talking to a stranger.

"Interested?"

Interacting with: Adrian "Thorn" Nassar, Theodore Dragonheart
Owner of Other Character: @Elfie @LuckycoolHawk9

Serena was about to respond to Mr. Tall, Ginger and Mysterious when her line of sight was blocked by a new stranger. This man was wearing mostly dark - she could appreciate this taste in fashion - and he held an air of confidence and swagger as he greeted her.
Wait. Her brother told him what? She looked back at Izzy, who was being preoccupied by a new customer. If looks could kill, Izzy was glad he wasn't looking her way.

What was with him always sending strange guys her way? While most brothers would chase any aspiring suitor away from their little sister, Izzy seemed to have an unlimited arsenal of cute, single guys to throw her way. Serena knew it was his way of trying to get her away from the dangerous job of hunting, but unlike other 21 year-olds, she had no desire to be in the dating pool. Not when there were so many jobs to be done.

Her eyes immediately went to the new man's phone, and the first thing she saw besides the title of the article was her brother's friend Kael outside what looked to be the crime scene. Grabbing the phone off the counter she scrolled though it's contents, trying to keep her face as neutral as possible while reading. She knew Olivia, not as well as Kael, but she did talk to the woman whenever she was near the bookstore. Olivia always knew what books interested her, and always let her know when something new became available. Serena still had her old copy of "101 ways to kill a Werewolf" from when she first started hunting at 16.

Looking back up to meet the eyes of this...interesting man, Serena decided he was worth keeping around. He knew SOMETHING was going on. "I need to show this to my brother...we knew this girl." Looking back at Theodore, she put on a small, apologetic smile.
"Sorry, I need to take care of this...it was nice meeting you. Maybe I'll see you around?" Getting up from her stool she briskly made her way to Izzy to break the news.

"Hope he doesn't mind me borrowing his phone" she thought after the fact.

• Love
Reactions: StarCaster
[fieldbox="Cyril Haverford, red, dotted"]

Character: Cyril Haverford
Interacting with: Kael Archer
Owner of Other Character: @Elfie

The man clapped his hands together gleefully "Great! What's you're name, kid?" He asked, glancing around "Seriously, I'm curious, who are you? You don't seem to be a normal guy, if you know what I'm getting at. If you don't, well, just ignore it." He flashed a grin "Either way, I can help you here, because there's something in it for me. And if there's something in it for me, I'm gonna help. Now, now, I can't guarantee you'll be happy with my answers, but they're answers, and that's that." He paused a moment, before shrugging "I already know some stuff about this, so if you want to hear it, I'd be happy to tell. Mm, but you gotta promise not to share, yea? I don't like spreading too much around."

[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.