Status
Not open for further replies.
Character: Izzy Leonard
Area: Coffee Shop
Interacting with: Serena Adair
Owner of Other Character: @GinjaNinja

As soon as he saw Serena jump up, Izzy wondered if their conversation took a turn for the worse. 'I just wanted her to meet new people..' He pouted to himself, wiping the counters down with sadness. 'Ho hum. I'll try again another time.' But the moment he made eye contact with her, he knew something was wrong.

"Serena?" He called out a moment before the phone was handed to him. He took it gingerly and read over it's contents, eyebrows creasing up in sadness and worry. "Oh..." The news headline was overly-boisterous for a murder. Olivia, his friend.

Dead.

He briefly thought of her face. The way her eyebrows were slightly different, the smile she made when she first walked in the shop, the same few words he always heard when she was near. "Izzy you smell like coffee again." It was a little surreal. Just a few days ago Olivia was in the shop after hours, talking away with Kael about a series they had been reading together. She had been Kael's friend, but Izzy had been along for the ride too.

"This is horrible. I don't want..." His grip on the phone tightened slightly, "I don't think I should be here. I need to be with Kael." He sniffled and swallowed hard, getting his priorities in order. While he made himself busy the male kept a hard line where the carefree smile used to be, and asked his sister for a favor. "Serena, I need you to do something for me. Please let everyone know that I'm closing the cafe. I just.." he stopped the busywork to really look at her.

"I just really think I need to be by his side right now. He needs me."

The urgency, sincerity in his words got across in the right tone and he gave her an expression that pleaded for her assistance. Izzy wasn't firm with people, he was the opposite. He knew his sister could get the job done though, she never failed.

Character: Serena Adair
Interacting with: Izzy Leonard, Adrian "Thorn" Nassar, Evelyn Turner, Theodore Dragonheart, Frankie Taggart, Hal Riggs
Owner of Other Character: @StarCaster @Elfie @UnsafeSpaces @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ezikeel @TragicTrees

Serena's heart clenched as she watched her brother's face fall. The sadness that Serena felt while reading about Olivia's death was suddenly consumed by anger. Whoever did this is going to pay. "Do what you need to do Izzy, I'll get these guys outta here." she told him, her face reflecting her emotions. Izzy was the only one who she let her emotional guard drop for. Turning from her brother, she put on the best "apologetic customer service" look and walked behind the counter to find a step stool. Now at a higher elevation, she could easily see every person in the little - but crowded - shop.

"Excuse me? Um..excuse me everyone? Can-can I have your attention? Due to an emergency we will be closing the shop early...like. Right now. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We...the shop...will be open tomorrow at our regular time. Thank you for your cooperation." Serena quickly stepped down from the stool before she could be confronted with an angry customer.

God. She hated public speaking. Serena could face down any supernatural that came her way, no fear and guns blazing. Put her in front of a crowd of normal people and her knees would shake violently and her usually cool demeanor would fly out the nearest window.

The things she did for family.

Character: Kael Archer
Area: Crime Scene 1
Interacting with: Cyril Haverford
Owner of Other Character: @TragicTrees

"Kael." he said, "My name is Kael."

While Cyril didn't seem like the most trustworthy person to ever walk the face of the earth, he was a means to an end. Something was driving Kael to find the murderer, it was more than simple justice. He wanted revenge.

Kael tried his best to sound confident. His shaky voice wasn't doing him any favors. Though sorrow began to overwhelm him, he did his best to push past and find answers. Several times he thought of ways to keep himself concentrated. He needed someone he could emulate. A role model. Someone with a cold, heartless interior and a black void where a heart should be.

Serena.

Character: Cyril Haverford
Interacting with: Kael Archer
Owner of Other Character: @Elfie

"Perfect! Pleasure to meet you, Kale!" Cyril replied, obviously not paying much attention to the name as he began moving around the view the body, "Okay, okay, so, kiddo, how big are you on supernatural shit and all that jazz?" He glanced over, cracking a grin "I'm taking a leap of faith here, so bare with me! Well, not a leap. More of a small hop. But that doesn't matter, does it? I just gotta get an answer, so I can get YOU an answer, and we can all head home happy." He took a short moment, before adding "Well, most of us. I can guarantee this won't be the end of anything. Hoo, this city's going down hill, isn't it? I've been here for years, and it was pretty nice back in the day."

Cyril seemed to ramble a lot, and it wasn't a nervous reaction either. He seemed to like hearing himself speak. And, if you asked anyone that knew him, they could confirm that yes, he did. He was a bit full of himself, and certainly had high self esteem and confidence, which were horrible when in abundance.

Character: Hal Riggs
Interacting with: N/A
Owner of Other Character: N/A

Hal frowned, but rose from his seat. Something was going on here. He'd soon figure it out, he was sure, but all he had now was a sudden coffee shop closing. He took a final sip of his drink, before throwing it out and striding over to the door. Time to go find out what was happening.

[fieldbox="Frankie Taggart, hotpink, dashed"]Character: Frankie Taggart
Interacting With: Serena, Izzy
OoOC: @GinjaNinja @StarCaster

Frankie was pulled abruptly out of her shuffling-induced reverie by the sound of Serena's voice. It took her a moment to register the things going on around her, but once she established what was going on, she began to act quickly.

"Oh, that's alright, honey," she called, carefully packing up her things. She kept a sense of urgency about her, not wanting to hold things up too long, but she was still diligent that everything was put securely back in its place. "I'll just be a minute packin' up." When she had everything back where it belonged, she took a moment to survey the shop, trying to determine what kind of 'emergency' might've happened. She didn't see anything terribly out of place, but she did notice the sweet boy who had taken her order looked downright distraught. Her mothering instincts kicking in, she hurried over to him.

"Oh, honey!" she said, emphatically. "You look so tore up! You jus' tell Auntie Frankie what happened, and I'll do whatever it takes to make things right for you, you poor lil' thing! I just can't stand to see such a sweet lil' youngin' lookin' so darn sad!"[/fieldbox]

Kael let Cyril ramble on a bit. For the time being his attention was focused on the person inspecting the body. No doubt they'd be preparing it for transfer to the morgue soon.

"Supernatural?" Kael asked, "What do you mean?" Luckily he was a decent liar. Deciding to play dumb, he couldn't simply reveal to a stranger what he was yet, the decision was made to let Cyril divulge as much information as he could first.

Kael was unable to make out what the inspector's thoughts were. While he wanted to know what Cyril knew, he didn't want to get too far from the body. If there was even a small chance he could listen in on the autopsy, he wanted to be there.

Character: Izzy Leonard
Interacting With: Frankie Taggart
Owner of the Other Character: @Ezikeel

After hearing his sisters announcement, Izzy silently thanked her. It was hard enough to close up with the weight of the murder on his mind. He shucked his apron off and set it onto the counter, not bothering with most of the other work. 'I'll come back later and properly clean but for now I just can't.'

When the kind woman approached him, Izzy remembered that she was going to give him a reading. It seemed highly unlikely that it was going to happen now. She coddled him in a way he hadn't seen in a long time and to be honest, it was both amazing and intrusive. He appreciated it.

"Thank you ma'am but.." He blinked a few times. The air was thick. "I just found out that one of my friends was.. uh.. murdered...." The way he said the last word sent chills down his spine. It felt so uncomfortable on his tongue. His body was beginning to object as well, showing a paleness on his cheeks.

"I just want to close up and.. and go see my friend. He needs me right now, I know it." He couldn't make eye contact with anyone, the worry and pressure were starting to build, and it was getting clear that Izzy was getting uncomfortable.

He finished up his work for now and exited from behind the counter. he watched one person leave and looked around at the others. Finally, his eyes settled on Frankie and he managed a weak smile. "Thank you though. Kindness is always appreciated.."

Reactions: GinjaNinja
Character: Adrian Hassar
Interacting with: Serena, Izzy
Owner of Other Character: @GinjaNinja @StarCaster

Adrian waited outside with the rest of the exiting customers. "Man what a town." he thought. His eyes closed and he waited for the barista and his sister. Something told him that where they went, excitement followed. And possibly, profit.

Character: Theodore Dragonheart
Interacting with: Girl behind the counter.
Owner of the other character: @chillin or @TragicTrees

Theodore had come from the coffee shop after it had closed down and had followed the text to the addrees. It seemed to be strange, but he decided to talk to the girl on the counter. " Did you see anything that happen here?" He asked her clearly showing concern. He didn't know who she was- but he would learn that later. The case and conserving human ignorance was first.

[fieldbox="Frankie Taggart, hotpink, dashed"]Character: Frankie Taggart
Interacting With: Izzy
OoOC: @StarCaster
Frankie gasped and pressed her hands to her chest. How horrifying! She knew, of course, that murders happened, especially in this town, but she had managed, up to that point, to not be even tangentially related to any of them. She had been very lucky.

But now that she was already invested in the situation and knew what was happening, she couldn't just pretend that she wasn't involved (even though, technically speaking, she wasn't). So, she decided, she would go with him and his sister, and see if her divination abilities could be of any use in finding the culprit and bringing them to justice.

"Honey, let me go with you. I know this is gonna sound crazy, but I betya that my cards can help find who did that to your friend. They always tell me what I need to know. Just, sometimes I need more information t' interpret what they're sayin'." She patted her satchel with pride and nodded. "So, we should find out everythin' there is t' know so far, and see what the cards have t' say about it."[/fieldbox]

Character: Maeyris
Area: C. H. I. Building
Interacting with: Ellis
Owner of char: @TragicTrees

Maeyris wrapped a thin scarf around her hair. She rarely left her shop, not enjoying the crowdedness of the city streets during the day. Her scarf allotted her some sense of privacy as she weaved in and out of people. Her eyes scanned the faces around her, she didn't have a good feeling about any of this. Her first customer today had left her previous plants wilting, and her second customer had mermaid tears and was not the best liar either.

Maeyris was off to see an old friend. She used the term friend here loosely of course. She tended to keep her distance from the likes of men like Ellis. Their kinds did not mix well, but in a city like this, it was highly beneficial to Maeyris to keep his as an aquaitance. She stood before the C. H. I. Building. It looked like a normal office building, standing out was not their job. She stepped through the doors, hurrying to the front desk. The woman behind it looked up rather bored through thick lenses.

"How may I help you?" She drawled in a nasally voice. Maeyris refrained from cringing at the sound the best she could. "I'm here to speak with someone," she said not trusting anyone else with the information she had. The woman, rolled her eyes as she grabbed the phone from the receiver, free hand hovering over the keys as she waited for Maeyris to clarify the who. "....Ellis...Ellis Farrell."

"Sorry he's busy. Check back next week," the woman said, dropping the phone. It was clear her words were rehearsed. Maeyris narrowed her eyes in annoyance at the woman. "Well tell him I'm here," she grated through clenched teeth. "He's. Busy," the woman spoke as if Maeyris was a child. Her eyes flashed their eerie green as an unnatural wind whipped through the lobby. "Call. Him," Maeyris said slowly. The secretary, eyes wide, nodded quickly. She dialed the number, waiting for Ellis to pick up so the woman would be on her way.

Reactions: Ezikeel

"Oh, come on, it isn't like it's a complicated concept, kiddo!" Cyril scoffed, dusting off his coat "I'm gettin vibes from you that scream stuff like this, and I can tell you, this?" He gestured to the body "Not natural. Oh, and you won't find anything else on or in here, it's plucked clean. Kinda like a skin suit!"

He went to prove his point by touching the body, but was stopped by a voice calling over "Please don't do that, sir!". He rolled his eyes, grumbling "They let civilians on the scene, but I can't touch a body? Seriously?"

-
Character: Ellis Farrell
Interacting with: Maeyris
Owner of char: @k-michelle412

Ellis had practically tripped over himself when getting to the phone "U-uh, hello? Oh. Okay....?" He said into the receiver, before placing it down. He hardly ever got visitors, so this.....was something new. He wasn't sure how to feel about it. He sighed, going to his door and opening it for whoever was coming up, and going to sit back in his chair. He had a feeling today was going to be a long day. People didn't visit, so obviously SOMETHING was wrong, and when something was wrong, it made everyone's lives harder.

-
Character: Maisy Anders
Interacting with: Theodore Dragonheart
Owner of the other character: @LuckycoolHawk9

The girl's eyes flickered over to the man, and she raised an eyebrow, studying him for a moment. Then, she crossed her arms "First the demon is here, and now you, hm?" She said dryly, eyes narrowing "Well. I can't guarantee that you are who I assume you are, or you work for who I assume you to, but I can guess, and I don't see anyone around here that would be brave or interested enough to walk up to me without a camera and a microphone unless they had a reason."

She paused a moment, before sighing a little "I suppose it doesn't matter. I'm Maisy Anders, sir, and I work here. I was out when it happened, and I was the first one back. I haven't held back any information from anyone, so I can't see what else you want. She's dead. That's what I saw."

!!!New Info Boy Howdy!!!

-You've met Maisy Anders! Informant is UNKNOWN
-Well. There's a demon in the room, apparently
-Maisy has some knowledge of C.H.I
-Maisy was the first witness

• Love
Interacting with: Ellis Farrell
Owner: @TragicTrees

Maeyris took the stairs, not a fan of elevators. There was too likely a chance it would stop working and she would be stuck in a floating metal box of doom. Ellis's office wasn't too high up. She stepped inside, as she pulled down her head scarf. "We have a problem," Maeyris sighed. She kept her tone neutral as she moved to sit in a chair in the office, legs crossed.

Owner: @k-michelle412

".....Problem?" Ellis repeated, frowning a bit as he looked at her "Uh....I mean, there's a lot of problems. My brothers a problem. Recent murders are a problem. Everything seems to be a problem nowadays!" He sighed, running a hand through his hair "But....yea, okay. What problem? Clarification is gonna be needed, I went through a stack of paperwork just now an' I'm still a lil tired from it." He flashed a small smile, moving to his desk and taking papers from it to move to the filing cabinet "Gosh, I haven't gotten a visitor in a while. People always stay downstairs, and it really makes me think they're scared of me or something! Honestly! I'm only 5'0, I can't seem that bad, right?"

• Love

"Well what do you propose we do?" Kael asked the man. He deflected Cyrils attempts to get him to admit what he was. As far as he knew, Kael was just an average person with a secret.

Cyril made it clear that whatever Kael wanted to do was simply not going to yield results. And just like several people Kael knew in this town, Cyril knew something that Kael did not. He waited anxiously for Cyril's brilliant plan.

Cyril shrugged "Well, I already know who killed her!" He replied, waving a hand "Or what killed her, I guess. I know the what and the why, but I don't know the specific who, and it's really annoying. I'm sure you understand. Now, I don't have a plan for finding them quite yet, but the body is useless, I'll say that. Completely useless! You could get more from looking at the books in here than the body."

He sighed, stretching "Mm, I'm not telling you everything in this dusty shop, though. I think some of these dust particles are older than I am. It's disgusting. Ugh, I hate bookshops, really." He grumbled, looking around "Old places with old books and horrible smells."

!!!Unsurprisingly, New Information!!!
-Cyril knows what murdered the owner

• Love
Character: Theodore Dragonheart, Richard White
Interacting with: Daisy Manders, mystery demon, Cyril Haverford, Kael Archer
Owner of the other character: @TragicTrees, @Elfie

Theodore paid very close attention to what she was saying as she mentioned that there was a demon here who was investigating the body. He didn't remember seeing that in the tent at all and he wasn't sure what to make of her comment. She seemed human, but so did he and that was far from the truth. He needed to get closer to the body and the only way to do that was to go and talk to the demon and hope that he would let him examine the body without too much of a hard time.

He looked at her. " Thanks for the information," he said, walking over to the demon and deciding how he should approach this without giving too much away. " Excuse me, would you happen to know what killed her or would you mind if I also looked at the body?" He asked the mysterious demon too.

Richard arrived at the scene and noticed Cyril and managed to catch that he might know what had killed the woman in the book shop. " What do you think did it?" He asked. He offered an apologetic look to Kael for barging into the conversation.

Interacting with: Ellis Farrell
Owner of char: @TragicTrees

Maeyris huffed. She hated being outside of her shop as it was, unless she was safely hunkered down deep within a forest, something that wasn't happening anywhere near this god forsaken town. The concrete, the pollution, the over population, it all made her want to weep for her Gaia. She pushed her feelings aside however, and got down to business. She didn't not plan on staying longer than necessary.

"Ellis, you're a crossroads demon. You're kind aren't exactly the first people would come to chat up on a Monday afternoon considering your severe lack of trustworthiness and love of loopholes." Maeyris was a blunt woman when agitated. All of the mystique and allure she used as her shop was non existent now. "Someone has mermaid tears, or at the very least one tear. He tried to sell it in my shop and I was having nothing to do with it," she wanted to make that very clear first. "However, I warned him to keep his...treasure...to himself. I'm afraid he won't and if the wrong people get their hands on it..." Maeyris shivered, "We'll have a lot bigger problems than Eyeris and petty thieves."

Owner of char: @k-michelle412

Ellis huffed "That's a lie. I don't do deals, and I certainly don't do loop holes! That's offensive, you know. If I wasn't trustworthy, I wouldn't be running this place, and I wouldn't have ran it for as long as I have!" He rambled, sitting down in his chair "And.....well, mermaid tears aren't really too useful, you know, they won't cause giant destruction or anything. Eyeris is a teensy bit bigger then anything else at the moment, and I would know that for a fact. I mean, I've been dealing with them for months now, and it's only gotten worse. Magical objects are a lot worse than tears." He leaned back in his seat, fiddling with his hands "It won't be too bad. I can say that. I mean, sure, it's a problem, but as I mentioned before, what isn't? My stack of papers could go all the way up to the moon as this point, you know?"

-
Interacting with: Kael Archer, Theodore Dragonheart, Richard White
Owner of the other character: @LuckycoolHawk9, @Elfie

Cyril paused, taking a moment, before realizing he was being spoken to. He crossed his arms, scowling "Well, that's rude. I didn't offer you information, kid. I offered pretty-boy over here information!" He chided, tutting a bit after "Barging into a conversation? Overhearing? Man, you're batting a thousand today. I mean, I don't have any reason to tell you. I like approaching people with what I know, not being approached for what I know!"

He fixed his coat, and dusted it off a bit, before continuing "I mean, really, it ruins the mystery. My style, gone! Also, I'm not a fan of big groups. Or rude people in my group. Who knows? Maybe I even lied. Maybe I'm not going to tell Kale here anything. Oh! Possibly I won't share anything because you were so rude! Wouldn't that be karma? I love karma." He flashed a smug grin "Unless you have something for me, I'm not keen on sharing anything with the class, kid.''

• Love
Character: Richard White, Theodore Dragonheart
Interacting with: Kael Archer, Theodore Dragonheart, Richard White, Cyril Haverfored
Owner of the other character: @TragicTrees @Elfie

Richard hated it when people did that. He knew that he knew information and he had said that he was sorry for interpretting to someone and he had just happened to overhear. " Well, you weren't exactly whispering, so it was hard not to hear it. If you didn't want people to overhear you, you should speak lower. Also, it would be better if you dropped the attuitude, life isn't fair, but we are all here to figure out the murder before something bad happens again," he said.

Theodore happened to walk out of the shop to take a look around and noticed Richard. Oh boy, this was going to be fun. That man was always around CHI business despite being human and also a seller of supernatural artifacts, it made no sense to him. He however knew that whenever he got mad, things didn't get pretty at all. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation, so he decided to approach it carefully, choosing to stay as far as possible away. He didn't trust strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.