Eureka Academy: First Semester [SU/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been preoccupied with some personal things as of recent, but I have been keeping up with the RP. Should I just delete my last post? Maybe that will clean some things up. But anyways, I still am willing to participate.

Hmm, i think this time I will wait to see what gavin says about the CS before stating my opinon (because it is something that would be rendered null and void if Gavin decided against it anyways).

@Iapetus

1] Where does the sword retract to?
2] What is it that allows the wolf to run? Clockwork? Electricity? Magic? A combination? How often does it have to charge if it's on electricity?
3] What can this wolf actually do? How durable is it? From the sound of it, I'd say its about five years old. No upgrades?
4] Keep in mind this isn't a futuristic RP for the vast majourity; the only reason the moon and the opposite planet are even readily accessible is because they have reached the airship phase of technology and use magic to propel themselves across those distances and to keep themselves alive. That mechanical arm of his is probably going to be bulky and unable to do precise work if it's strictly mechanical. A mana battery is an excellent way to power it and keep it in a slim and precise manner
5] What exactly is he studying? If he's using a sword and automatons, he's gonna be Arma who dabbles in a bit of Ultris. I'd like to see a focus on what he's doing.

@Buio
Anything you would like to add?

@Yaoi Master Gavin

Ok so before I edit it I also have some questions:

1. If he could make a magical mana battery to power his wolf, would that mean he would have a mana powered arm?

2. Since he is a mechanical engineer, how should he get that magic?

Thanks

as far as actual faults with teh sheet, gavin covered them all pretty well.

my current thought, however, is that Iapetus should have observed most of those himself without being told. The fact that looking over his own CS, he did not see these as issues, informs me that he is likely not a very experienced player. Now I don;t hold this against you Iap, everyone has to start somewhere and you've been a lot more gracious than other beginners I've had the misfortune to deal with before. But teh fact remains that i think your current experience level is a bit too low for this roleplay. Judging by the stubbornness of our dea GM mr gavin, i doubt he will ever let this thing die lol, so you can rest assured that we aren't going anywhere. It's my personal opinion that if you came back in, say, a month or two, enough time to get one or two more Iwaku rps under your belt, you'd find it much easier to integrate yourself into this roleplay and, subsequently, enjoy it that much more.

of course that's simply my opinion, you're free to give it as much or little weight as you wish.

I was thinking of making a bio for an older version of Rever, but I don't know if anyone would be interested in reading it, but if I did, it'd be a good indication as to what I plan on making him capable of. Would anyone be interested in reading it if I did?

@Iapetus

A mana battery is a device that condenses and stores ambient mana. It can be powered by someone's own mana and in this way can be supercharged but int his case it would just be a condenser. So you won't need your own magic, just a knowledge of how to work with mana batteries and the fundamental concepts of artifice.

@Buio

Not stubborn.

So since I want him to be in Ultris, I'll just take his sword away and just say his wolf is his only weapon

@Yaoi Master Gavin lol, you are when it comes to this roleplay and its continued success, which isn't a bad thing mind you.

@Iapetus

Well the issue between the sword and the automatons is what your focus is and explicitly saying so. If you want him to be in Ultris then make it more about working with automatons in general and have the sword as a personal defense. For example, if you look at Soren, then he does have a sword but it's a way for him to spill blood and for him to channel his runes. It's a support device that he knows how to use. For you, I'm asking whether or not you're intending that the automaton be used as a support or the blade as a support. It looks like you're trying to make the automatons your main combat style. All well and good. But, if your intent is to make automatons your main style, then I'd suggest plans to make more and possibly looking into finding someone who can enchant ways for you to summon them on a whim so you don't have a herd following you around.

Well, I think for a engineer to use a sword to defend himself wouldn't be as normal as using things that he makes to protect himself. I'll go with the automatons, and using the sword for defense. Or emergency.

Alright then.

*smiles* the sheet is quite interesting, especially considering what you and I have already discussed through PMs.

Ugh im forced to make some though decisions.
I recently got accepted into UNI and i just got a job that is very time consuming.
And if it wasn't for the stupid infection i would be able to keep up with rping but now it just seems better for me to back out instead of keeping you guys back

really sorry about it :(

ah, that is sad to hear but thank you for letting us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.