Eureka Academy: First Semester [SU/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, it's been a week, plenty of time for people who are still active here on iwaku to have seen the summons. To those who replied, thank you. To those who are still interested but are having to drop out because of other obligations, I'm keeping your characters on the inactive roster. If you feel like coming back and picking them back up, you're more than welcome. But now I have a better look at who is still here and how many characters we have.

We have a good selection over I think 8 people. Which means I'm only going to allow 2 more players in unless people drop out for good. Also, I'm capping character count at 3 because of this so we don't get bogged down. This is subject to change in the future. The current character count is at 12 which means that I will be making 3 missions of 3 which will force 3 players to stay at the academy and do...whatever. There are a few staff who can get in on it. IF you want to take a break for awhile, stay at the academy and don't worry - that's a lot less post requisite than missions.

On another note, since @Silvir is having RL issues, @Tanstin and @Buio have already gone off, I'm calling that mission a success. Making the other two missions necessary to complete as soon as possible. Let's get this done people.

*laughs* an interesting way to resolve a mission. Well, I didn't have anything incredibly important for Grimm's return so it doesn't hurt me any. We can just say he was out hunting down the majority of other elementals while sorren was playing teacher *chuckles*

That's the plan. Quick easy and it all works out.

It is not fully completed as it stands, but I just need to add a couple more things.

Jalin Arimara, #FFD700
Ryan_Lee_spectra_ward_m15.jpg
Name: Jalin Arimara

Race: Anzi. A race of humanoids. The main difference in the Anzi and the typical human is that Anzi live, on average, fifty years longer. They also have slightly elevated reflexes and a slightly elevated pain tolerance. A warrior tribe, their children are trained from birth in the art of warfare.

Class: Warrior - She excels in combat through and through, analyzing situations in real-time and reacting just as quickly. She understands magic and some of its workings, but doesn't practice it.

Title: Student

Sect Study: Yellow Arma

Appearance: Jalin has always prided herself on her posture. Standing at 6'1", she towers over most people. Her eyes hold a level of silence in them that is further translated by her overall aura that she gives off. She can generally be found in form-fitting attire that borders on formal wear. Her physical attire is almost in direct opposition to her more feral nature when it comes to battle and fighting.

Her hair is always maintained in an immaculate order as are her nails, but one shouldn't take that to mean she is a stranger to getting her hands dirty.

Personality: Put simply, Jalin is a bitch through and through. Though, she isn't malicious or tactless, she doesn't trifle with many people. She's curt, honest and blunt, but never intentionally mean, nor will she go out of her way to harm someone…unless they've done so to her. Her vengeance is swift and it's usually unseen if she feels slighted. Jalin has no time for unnecessary niceties.

Respect means a great deal to her and she expects it from others and returns it as well. Though a quiet for the most part, she simply doesn't have much to say that she feels is worth sharing with a general person. However, she has no problem making her voice heard.

Weapons: Zeilza Kavu (literally meaning "wish maker" in her Anzian language) – Jalin's weapon of choice. The Zeilza Kavu is actually 2 weapons in one. A crescent spade and a shield.

The crescent spade stands a few inches taller than she is and was forged from near-indestructible material. The spade itself is able to be separated in to two parts, held together by a chain. The bottom portion of the spade has a short spike that she has been known to use during battle as well.

The shield comes in two forms, a large size for protecting her from larger attacks. She cannot maneuver well with this and it takes 3 seconds to disappear fully to be replaced. The other form is smaller for glancing off attacks. It's glass like quality allows her to see through it.

A gauntlet sits on her left hand. It's tough material and quality design has protected her fist in many a fight.

Abilities/ Magic: Jalin has no magic of her own and doesn't particularly use it. However, she is proficient in physical ability. Agile and flexible, Jalin's reaction time and reflexes are better than your average person. She has a higher stamina (where as a person may be able to continue a task for an hour, she could go on for an hour and a half) and durability.

History: From an early age, much was expected of Jalin. She was the daughter of the man who led the Anzi Military force and as such, she was held under much scrutiny. To this day, her mother speculates that so much was demanded of her from so early on that she never had a chance to form a disagreement, and that's why she was never a resilient child. Though, not completely malleable either. Jalin always held her pride about things and spoke up when she felt it was necessary.

She had friends where she grew up, but always suspected it was slightly more out of obligation to her status than her actual personality. Because of that she, never developed a lasting connection to much of anyone around her, just differing levels of respect for certain individuals.

-More to come-

Last edited by a moderator:
@Stein, i will likely make a more detailed review of the character sheet when i have more time, but right now i wanted to point out 3 thinsg to you. Firstly you should hide the character's portrait under a spiler tag so as to not encumber the page, secondly it is 'arma' not 'armus', and lastly her weapon is not a Halberd. Halberd are pole weapons characterized by their multi-porpose heads

Halberd1.gif
this is a halberd, with one part of the blade designed to pierce like a normal spear, one part meant to hack and slash like an axe, and the third part meant to claw into materials and rip equipment (shields, armor, sometimes weapons) off enemy soldiers. From a simple design perspective, yoru weapon lacks the multi-purpose nature to be considered a halberd.

The closest real-world equivalent to your character's weapon is the Yueya Chan, the chinese 'monk's spade'.
Monk-Spade.jpg
The best way to describe your weapon would be something like a 'crescent Spade' or 'Lunar Spade' if you're feeling more symbolic (as a bit of trivia, the Monk's Spade's chinese name literally translates to "Crescent Moon Spade").

My apologies. Originally, it WAS a halberd, but I changed the image without going through and changing the description. Everything else, I can fix in a moment.

I caught that, too, but I didn't want to be the first one to say anything xD

"never fear being the first to speak, fear being the last."

*chuckles*

I'd rather sit in a comfortable middle C:

I'll reserve my notes until it's finished.

I wasn't aware that the bio was finished. I'll have a look nao.

Gotcha. Go have fun.

After a bit of talking and rooting for posts, I've got a few things to say.

1] On the Goblin mission, Buio- you're up.

2] On the reagent mission, I just posted so @Buio , @Squee , @Incubus Prince , you're on deck.

3] @Iapetus I'm fairly certain I made a point that new players could take the start up as a student who just became active. There are not ships going back and forth on a daily basis, and certainly not for one person. You can talk about the previous day when you arrived but you've been here not quite for twenty-four hours but close. If you need me to I'll find that post where I said it. Though I might have said it in a PM...

Sorry about that lapse guys, Im still alive. I'll try and have Walt find himself something to do.

*sighs* before i can post with marco, @Squee you want to tell @CylciaAlyann that she needs to remove the part of her post that states that marco isn't using his weapons? I was waiting for her to post so that i could do exactly that but with that instance of god moding in her post now I'm forced to wait on her edit. I already sent her a PM concerning such but i'm guessing she hasn't been online since she posted because she has neither replied nor fixed her post.

Poastyed up! I changed up Masami's colour because the fieldset wouldn't be the proper purple, and he's has red on him... not purple, anyway! So! Hope my posts are okay! >.<

Bonus points for anyone who knows where the line from my post is from.

Yay, more people! Also, maybe I'll go dig up my Spelljammer character after I get in the groove. I think she was a hobgoblin Warblade though. Either that or she was a goblin bard.

Status
Not open for further replies.